HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVII

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 08:02 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

vCash: 500
Unnecessary post.

Last edited by ChibiPooky: 01-26-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Old
01-26-2013, 08:10 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
Clearly the coaching staff believes Kundratek can be a third pair defenseman or he wouldn't be out there over Schultz, Erskine, Hamrlik, Poti, etc. at times
The only reason he is playing is that he is a right shot. When they called him up they even said they needed a guy who was comfortable on the right side. If Orlov was healthy it would have been him.

Old
01-26-2013, 08:13 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Seth Jones: 6'3, 200 lbs

Chris Pronger: 6'6, 220 lbs
Something tells me you never saw Pronger play for the Whale if you believe 18 year old Pronger was 220...

Old
01-26-2013, 08:54 PM
Dr John Carlson
Emotional Boys 2001

vCash: 50
Quote:
Seth Jones: 6'3, 200 lbs

Chris Pronger: 6'6, 220 lbs

They are teh saym.
Nathan Mackinnon: 5'11, 179 lbs

John Tavares: 6'0, 202 lbs

Starting to see a pattern?

Last edited by Dr John Carlson: 01-27-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old
01-26-2013, 09:12 PM
MW6

Maybe Anaheim would be a good fit for Ovechkin? Why you ask?

It might make Getzlaf and Perry want to re-sign more likely (and form one he** of a line).
It would be great for the franchise from a commercial view, help their attendance average to rise from last years 14760 (86 % of maximum, 5th lowest avg. in the league).
They have the capspace.
Boudreau coached Ovechkin during his best years (so far). And no, there's no hard feelings between them.
They have a deep prospect pool with many nhl-ready players coming up.
Ovechkin could use a change of scenary, where he doesn't have to be the captain and carry the team all the time and focus solely on playing.
Playing with two physical and skilled players is IMO exactly what he and his production needs, especially with a right shooting Center. It would also make him not have to carry the puck up ice all the time.

Ryan + Sbisa + prospect + pick maybe?

Old
01-26-2013, 11:34 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
I guess Brad somehow blocked me from reading his posts. This thread is going to be so boring now.
Me too

Old
01-26-2013, 11:37 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post
Maybe Anaheim would be a good fit for Ovechkin? Why you ask?

It might make Getzlaf and Perry want to re-sign more likely (and form one he** of a line).
It would be great for the franchise from a commercial view, help their attendance average to rise from last years 14760 (86 % of maximum, 5th lowest avg. in the league).
They have the capspace.
Boudreau coached Ovechkin during his best years (so far). And no, there's no hard feelings between them.
They have a deep prospect pool with many nhl-ready players coming up.
Ovechkin could use a change of scenary, where he doesn't have to be the captain and carry the team all the time and focus solely on playing.
Playing with two physical and skilled players is IMO exactly what he and his production needs, especially with a right shooting Center. It would also make him not have to carry the puck up ice all the time.

Ryan + Sbisa + prospect + pick maybe?
Doesn't Anaheim have an internal budget?

I would take that, which means Anaheim wouldn't.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:42 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Doesn't Anaheim have an internal budget?

I would take that, which means Anaheim wouldn't.
Anaheim doesn't even like paying players that are actually producing to their contracts.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:43 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr John Carlson View Post
Nathan Mackinnon: 5'11, 179 lbs

John Tavares: 6'0, 220 lbs

Starting to see a pattern?
Strange I thought I saw something that said MacKinnon is 6'0" closer to 200..

Old
01-27-2013, 12:51 AM
Ovechkins Wodka

so much stupid in this thread.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:00 AM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
And for once the vast majority of it is from one poster

Old
01-27-2013, 01:10 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
And for once the vast majority of it is from one poster
Sorry guys

Old
01-27-2013, 01:18 AM
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
Something tells me you never saw Pronger play for the Whale if you believe 18 year old Pronger was 220...
I grew up 20min outside of Hartford. And I can say Pronger was a bean poll when he started. And he was good the up until he was caught drinking under age. Then they put him under wraps and ran him out of town.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:27 AM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gone View Post
I grew up 20min outside of Hartford. And I can say Pronger was a bean poll when he started. And he was good the up until he was caught drinking under age. Then they put him under wraps and ran him out of town.
Wait, that's what it was?

Wow... I would not have lasted in the NHL

Old
01-27-2013, 01:27 AM
Brave Sir Robin

I think we should stop being so focused on Ovi and look at the rest of the team. For instance, let's focus on the forwards. We currently have only two 30 goal scorers among our forwards - Ovi and Backstrom. Only 3 of our forwards have ever broken 60 pts. - 8, 19 and Ribeiro.

Over the last few years we lost a lot of skilled players: Semin, Fedorov, Kozlov, Fleischmann, and even Knuble. All those players had higher skill sets than anyone on our roster, save for the big 3. At this point, I think that we simply lack the skill level necessary to play offensive hockey.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:08 AM
aquablue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
I think we should stop being so focused on Ovi and look at the rest of the team. For instance, let's focus on the forwards. We currently have only two 30 goal scorers among our forwards - Ovi and Backstrom. Only 3 of our forwards have ever broken 60 pts. - 8, 19 and Ribeiro.

Over the last few years we lost a lot of goals: Semin, Fedorov, Kozlov, Fleischmann, and even Knuble. All those players had higher skill sets than anyone on our roster, save for the big 3. At this point, I think that we simply lack the skill level necessary to play offensive hockey.
Agreed!!! Too many over paid grinders on this team, and that is all on McPhee's poor decision making.

Trade at least one of Laich, Brower, Ward or Chimera in a package for a skilled top 6 winger who can score some goals.

I agree we gave up too many skilled guys and didn't replace them, instead relying too much on Ovie this year. Backstrom isn't really a goal guy, neither is Ribeiro. Wolski appears rather average also on the goal scoring front. Poor decisions GMGM!! Brower isn't worth 3.66 million and Ward is a 2 million player.

We need Bobby Ryan or someone like that on the team, a reliable winger who can perhaps reignite Ovie and generate some chemistry with him. Second line though is weak as hell!

Last edited by aquablue: 01-27-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old
01-27-2013, 02:14 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

So, for one who hasn't been able to watch, is this all a personnel issue, is it a coaching issue, a little of both?

Old
01-27-2013, 02:14 AM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
Agreed!!! Too many over paid grinders on this team, and that is all on McPhee's poor decision making.

Trade at least one of Laich, Brower, Ward or Chimera in a package for a skilled top 6 winger who can score some goals.

I agree we gave up too many skilled guys and didn't replace them, instead relying too much on Ovie this year. Backstrom isn't really a goal guy, neither is Ribeiro. Wolski appears rather average also on the goal scoring front. Poor decisions GMGM!! Brower isn't worth 3.66 million and Ward is a 2 million player.

We need Bobby Ryan or someone like that on the team, a reliable winger who can perhaps reignite Ovie's line.
21ish million combined for Laich, Brouwer, Ward, Hamrlik, Schultz, Poti, Erskine. That's 21 million on 0 legitimate top 6 forwards and 0 legitimate top 4 defensemen.

We basically spend as much money on impact hockey players as the Islanders. But it's Ovechkin that's the problem.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:15 AM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
So, for one who hasn't been able to watch, is this all a personnel issue, is it a coaching issue, a little of both?
New Jersey 2010-2011.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:40 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
I wouldn't necessarily say either. It has taken them a while to get up to speed with the new system, and it's debatable if they're there yet. Special teams have been awful, but are improving as well (except for the power play, which is still mind-bogglingly bad).

Of the top 6, Wolski and Ribeiro are living up to their billing. Backstrom has been largely meh and Ovechkin has shown flashes but is inconsistent at best and doesn't look engaged. The rest of the top 6 has been a rotation of Johansson, Brouwer, Beagle, Crabb, and anybody Oates could put in a sweater. Johansson looks completely out of place on the wing, and marginally better at center.

On D, Green has played very well. Alzner has been ok (improving), and Carlson has been awful. Poti has been surprisingly good. Haven't noticed much from Hamrlik. Erskine is Erskine. Schultz has improved his physicality to Girl Scout Camping Trip level (I saw him play the body TWICE in the same game). Kundratek has looked like a rookie PMD. Orlov is still hurt.

Holtby has been off, Neuvirth on, but nobody can keep the puck out of the net the way the skaters are playing. This is mostly due to mind-numbing penalties in large quantities. Scoring has been largely nonexistent outside of Green and Ribeiro.

If you'd had the opportunity to watch, you would have seen the play starting to come together at even-strength and on special teams, but it's definitely not there yet. The passing is still pretty bad, though the breakout already looks miles better than under Hunter.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:44 AM
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass

Quote:
I have to say a little of both. Its hard to put a lot on coaching seeing how the season got started. I have never been a fan of the makeup of the team. So I will always lean that way.

From the start it seemed like the other teams took the off season a lot more serous then our guys. The guys seem a step behind most of the game. That could come from to much thinking about the new system. I tend to think they are not in as good of shape.

Still too many bad and mishandled passes.
Still no movement on the PP.
The fire and aggression we saw in the penalty kill is gone.
Still no one clearing the front of our net.
The guys that are part of the young gun group seem listless.
The younger guys seem to have taken steps back.
There was a few signs of life from Green.
Neuvirth look good last game.
It really shocking how bad Mojo looks.

I would not even know were to start to fix things.

Old
01-27-2013, 03:01 AM
Jedgi

When healthy I'd like to try this...

Ovechkin-Ribeiro-Laich
Wolski-Backstrom-Brouwer
Chimera/Hendricks-Johansson-Ward/Fehr
Perreault/Hendricks-Beagle-Crabb/Fehr

Old
01-27-2013, 03:23 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedgi View Post
When healthy I'd like to try this...

Ovechkin-Ribeiro-Laich
Wolski-Backstrom-Brouwer
Chimera/Hendricks-Johansson-Ward/Fehr
Perreault/Hendricks-Beagle-Crabb/Fehr
I'd like to see:

Laich - Ribeiro - Ovechkin
Wolski - Backstrom - Brouwer
Chimera - Johansson/Perreault - Crabb
Hendricks - Beagle - Ward
Fehr, Perreault/Johansson

Alzner - Green
Poti - Carlson
Hamrlik - Orlov/Kundratek
Erskine, Schultz

Old
01-27-2013, 04:06 AM
breakawaygoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post

We need Bobby Ryan or someone like that on the team, a reliable winger who can perhaps reignite Ovie and generate some chemistry with him. Second line though is weak as hell!
We have two elite prospects coming in the next season or two who are both goal scoring wingers.... add that to Ovie and that makes 3 top-6 forwards who can score. I'd say we need one more competent top-6 winger unless you like Brouwer/Laich/Johansson in that spot (I don't, except maybe for Brouwer).

Old
01-27-2013, 09:27 AM
ReggietheSavage15

John Tavares 220? Huh???

Closed Thread