HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Nice little gift today...

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2003, 04:37 PM
dawgbone

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Nice little gift today...

A friend of mine had an extra ticket to todays game at the Aud, so I made the trek out to Kitchener.

A little update on some Oiler prospects (and possibly a future Oiler prospect).

DesLaurier - by far the best goalie. Team Canada really started to gel in the second half, and Jeff kept it close for the OUA team. The goal he gave up was pretty lucky as the OUA team had about 4 people within a hair of the puck as it slid to I think Dawes and he buried it. Jeff somothered everything, and from the second he stepped on the ice, he took control of the game, telling his defensemen where to go, and talking to them at evey stoppage. Fleury played well, no goals against, but he didn't have to really make any difficult saves. Actually all the goalies played well, but none had as much work as Deslauriers, and none seemed to have the same on ice presence.

Brodziak - I don't know how this kid fell so far in the draft. He was really solid all game long, and was pretty solid at both ends of the ice. He made some really smart decisions with the puck, and was money in the defensive zone when the puck got to him.

Perry - Looked sick on a line with Crosby. I can definitely see this line together for Canada. All three linemates fed off each other all game long, and they communicated very well together. He did blow a chance in the 2nd period, Crosby dropped a pass back to him on a 3 on 2, and he had the puck in the slot and was almost too reluctant to shoot. Instead of hammering the puck, he did a couple of hesitations and took a shot that looked rather easy to stop.

Old
12-14-2003, 05:51 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

vCash: 500
thanks dawgbone, good to hear, watched some of the game and was impressed by brodziak. could be a gem by the scouting staff.

Closed Thread