HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation - Off Season 2012-13 (Part X)

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 07:51 PM
Jetsfareast

vCash: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Really wonder if the Jets would have re-signed Wellwood if they could do it again, I realize that at $1.2 or whatever he is cheap, just not sure we need him now, with Mittens, Peluso, Wright, Scheff and even Mach seems to me we have enough now to cover the 12th-13th forward spot.

Unimpressed with Joki so far, sure he wins some faceoffs, is a big body and is usually in position but his skating is just okay and he seems to lack any intensity. The criticism of him in Calgary was that he was a real streaky player.
Joki is the person always back when Kane and wheeler explode and big Buff joins them. It's been a good mix, part of the reason for the last two wins. Two big very defensively responsible center planked by our top four wingers. Our 4 wingers I think falls in the top 8 in the league, combine as a group.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:06 PM
Wpgpage

vCash: 500
If the Av's are still having issues signing ROR wonder if they would be interested in a Burmi + D for ROR type of deal? Not even sure if the Av's would deal him but could be a move that might benefit both teams.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:16 PM
sully1410

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpgpage View Post
If the Av's are still having issues signing ROR wonder if they would be interested in a Burmi + D for ROR type of deal? Not even sure if the Av's would deal him but could be a move that might benefit both teams.
I'd rather keep Burmi tbh

Old
01-26-2013, 10:36 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpgpage View Post
If O'Reilly can be had back in NA in the off-season, I would do that deal in a heatbeat (assuming the D is not Enstrom, Byfuglien, Bogosian, Trouba). O'Reilly is an extremely valuable C, great defensively, solid faceoffs, adds offensive punch, he would be the perfect 2nd line C.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:54 PM
Wpgpage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
If O'Reilly can be had back in NA in the off-season, I would do that deal in a heatbeat (assuming the D is not Enstrom, Byfuglien, Bogosian, Trouba). O'Reilly is an extremely valuable C, great defensively, solid faceoffs, adds offensive punch, he would be the perfect 2nd line C.
Yeah no way the Jets include any of those players but I actually think its a deal that makes sense in the real world, not many fans would be for it but both teams get something they need.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:59 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
I'd be scared that somehow Burmistrov "get's it" and surpasses RO`R, but you have to pull the trigger on proven over potential as long as the cost isn't too high.

Really weird but statistically Burmi and him are pretty much identical Junior and first two seasons of pro.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:44 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Ryan O'Reilly for Burmistrov and Hainsey would be doable for me I think. Not sure Avs fans would take to that though.

Burmistrov does have crazy potential but O'Reilly is already a #2 Center and Burmistrov isn't there yet. Hainsey will likely be gone after this season anyway but the Avs could use some D depth. They have the cap room and positional need to re sign him if he fit in well. No sure thing though.

Maybe i'll prop it on the main board and see how bad I get flamed.

Edit: After looking at the Avs roster a little closer I don't think they have as much of a need for Hainsey as I thought. They've already got 3 guys making #5-6 D man money.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:45 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I'd be scared that somehow Burmistrov "get's it" and surpasses RO`R, but you have to pull the trigger on proven over potential as long as the cost isn't too high.

Really weird but statistically Burmi and him are pretty much identical Junior and first two seasons of pro.
I noticed that awhile back too.

Both are also well known for their defense. It's too bad this wasn't a full year as I was specifically going to look for Burmistrov to make similar development and see if he still follows the same curve.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:57 PM
sully1410

You guys are kidding me right?

You want to trade Burmi, who by all accounts is very similar to ROR, and a top four DMan(#4 but the point still stands) for a guy that hasn't signed with his team yet because in all likely hood he wants too much money.

This is Burmistrov's third seasons...and he could very well ****ing blow it up this season. He's already playing in absolute beast mode, with a ton of skill. Give it a bit of time and he'll start gettin points on the board.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:12 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
You guys are kidding me right?

You want to trade Burmi, who by all accounts is very similar to ROR, and a top four DMan(#4 but the point still stands) for a guy that hasn't signed with his team yet because in all likely hood he wants too much money.

This is Burmistrov's third seasons...and he could very well ****ing blow it up this season. He's already playing in absolute beast mode, with a ton of skill. Give it a bit of time and he'll start gettin points on the board.
Any deal involving O'Reilly would have to allow the team acquiring him to negotiate a deal with him prior to the trade being completed, IMO. So any deal would have him signed long term for a deal the Jets could live with.

Ryan O'Reilly is everything we HOPE Burmistrov could become. Maybe Burmistrov becomes that, maybe he doesn't. O'Reilly is that. He is an elite 2nd line C, exactly what we (and pretty much every team in the league) needs.

Right now, before seeing what happens with Burmi, I easily make that deal. For all we know, Burmi doesn't develop past 3rd line C type, just as easily as he becomes that 2nd line C everyone is thinking.

However, any deal involving O'Reilly is likely this off-season. I don't think there is any way he comes back this season.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:28 AM
Wpgpage

Hes apparently injured right now so it does appear likely that he will miss the entire season. I think Burmi does have a slightly higher offensive ceiling than ROR but ROR is already such a complete player at such a young age its amazing.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:48 AM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Quote:
Any deal involving O'Reilly would have to allow the team acquiring him to negotiate a deal with him prior to the trade being completed, IMO. So any deal would have him signed long term for a deal the Jets could live with.

Ryan O'Reilly is everything we HOPE Burmistrov could become. Maybe Burmistrov becomes that, maybe he doesn't. O'Reilly is that. He is an elite 2nd line C, exactly what we (and pretty much every team in the league) needs.

Right now, before seeing what happens with Burmi, I easily make that deal. For all we know, Burmi doesn't develop past 3rd line C type, just as easily as he becomes that 2nd line C everyone is thinking.

However, any deal involving O'Reilly is likely this off-season. I don't think there is any way he comes back this season.
Agree 100%. O'Reilly isn't too far off the Kesler, Backes, Bergeron tier of 2nd line centres. With Ladd and Little the Jets 2nd line would be a big, big strength.

Hainsey's loss would hurt a lot for this year. But with a Jokinen-esque defensive signing as Bogo's partner he could be replaced before next fall. As well, Postma has looked the part of a #6/2nd Pp guy. Redmond should be looking to get in the lineup before next fall as well.

I love Burmistrov, he flashes absolutely elite potential almost once a game at least. If he ever gets to the point where he has a Datsyuk/Kesler focus at both ends of the rink if think he would be a 70 point player. Maybe higher in a specific year or two.

Unless he does though, he won't get to a level of where O'Reilly is right now. Perfect age and player for our core group. Certainly makes us even tougher to play against.

Kane-Jokinen-Wheeler
Ladd-O'Reilly-Little
(Poni)-(Antropov)-Scheifele
4th line

Who knows, maybe even a prospect from this year's draft makes the cut.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:28 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Love Burmi but would make a deal to get ROR in a heart beat. Their Board had him rumored as the other option for Captain. I highly doubt that the Lanche let this young star go but we can always dream.

Old
01-27-2013, 03:24 AM
sully1410

He's scored on a similar pace as Burmi...but suddenly he's an elite second line center? I really must be missing something. He had 18g last year...how does that make him any better then Burmi or anywhere closer to the same ballpark as Kes, Bergeron etc then Burmi.

Has he even played on the second line yet? Isn't he stuck behind Duchene and Stastny anyways?

I must be missing something here for everyone to be saying that we should trade one of our most promising young players for a kid that can't even come to an agreement on a contract with his team.

Old
01-27-2013, 04:04 AM
almostawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
He's scored on a similar pace as Burmi...but suddenly he's an elite second line center? I really must be missing something. He had 18g last year...how does that make him any better then Burmi or anywhere closer to the same ballpark as Kes, Bergeron etc then Burmi.

Has he even played on the second line yet? Isn't he stuck behind Duchene and Stastny anyways?

I must be missing something here for everyone to be saying that we should trade one of our most promising young players for a kid that can't even come to an agreement on a contract with his team.
You're missing something. Last season O'Reilly was the Avs best center. He outplayed Stasny by a fair margin, and Duchene by a huge margin.

At this point in time O'Reilly is a far better player than Burmistrov and he is only 8 months older. He would be one of the Jets two or three best forwards.

I don't think Burmistrov for O'Reilly would be a starting point that would interest the Avs. If they have to trade him he'll be going for a young defenceman that's already playing top 4 minutes in the NHL and still has the potential to be a #1 or #2 guy.

Old
01-27-2013, 06:46 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
From the Winnipeg Sun this morning. It may be relevant to our interests. It's only a rumour, of course.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:20 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
From the Winnipeg Sun this morning. It may be relevant to our interests. It's only a rumour, of course.
Wow - not sure what we'd have to give up to land him, but can you imagine an eventual d-corp that consisted of Buff, Enstrom, Bogosian, Subban and Trouba? Yikes.

Also: can you imagine the eventual cap hit for that blueline. Also yikes.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:51 AM
almostawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Wow - not sure what we'd have to give up to land him, but can you imagine an eventual d-corp that consisted of Buff, Enstrom, Bogosian, Subban and Trouba? Yikes.

Also: can you imagine the eventual cap hit for that blueline. Also yikes.
Gotta think one of those 5, most likely Trouba, would have to be headed the other way.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:56 AM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
Gotta think one of those 5, most likely Trouba, would have to be headed the other way.
Eeeeeh. Not for Trouba. Definitely not for Trouba.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:04 AM
almostawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Eeeeeh. Not for Trouba. Definitely not for Trouba.
I doubt Cheveldayoff would think twice about trading Trouba if it meant getting Subban.

The issue would be what would the Jets have to add to Trouba to get the deal done.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:09 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Anybody think it's a bit of a red flag that a rich team like Montreal wants to give a player of Subban's talent a bridge deal (probably just a bluff)? One rumor from Dreger is that PK wanted Doughty money and that would not be smart for Montreal IMHO. I am not a fan of the mega contracts like that but I assume he is worth Kane, Benn type money no? Not sure where the sides are at right now and gamesmanship is interesting so we'll see what he signs for eventually.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:21 AM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Anybody think it's a bit of a red flag that a rich team like Montreal wants to give a player of Subban's talent a bridge deal (probably just a bluff)? One rumor from Dreger is that PK wanted Doughty money and that would not be smart for Montreal IMHO. I am not a fan of the mega contracts like that but I assume he is worth Kane, Benn type money no? Not sure where the sides are at right now and gamesmanship is interesting so we'll see what he signs for eventually.
I imagine that Bergevin is trying to set a different culture in terms of 2nd contracts for RFAs, and I support him in this. 2nd term contracts were getting way too out of hand. Price and Pacioretty both signed bridge contracts of comparable value to what's being offered to Subban. PK wants to be paid what he feels he's worth, but those contracts were signed under the old CBA. I have no doubt that Bergevin would sit Subban the rest of the season if he couldn't agree to a new contract.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:23 AM
puck stoppa

What would the Jets offer? Little, Telegin or Lowry and a first and second round pick? Is that enough?

Old
01-27-2013, 08:24 AM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
I doubt Cheveldayoff would think twice about trading Trouba if it meant getting Subban.

The issue would be what would the Jets have to add to Trouba to get the deal done.
Yep. Subban won't be cheap and rightly so. He is one of the best young defenders in the league.

That said, I am not sure I buy this rumor.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:30 AM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Yep. Subban won't be cheap and rightly so. He is one of the best young defenders in the league.

That said, I am not sure I buy this rumor.
I agree that the rumour is likely false, but it makes for interesting discussion. I agree that Subban is a great up-and-coming defensemen and a serious impact player, but I wouldn't want to trade Trouba for him in any part of the package. My basic reasoning is that Trouba is essentially a shoe-in for the NHL one day, so there's no worry about him busting. What we'd be trading is someone with up to 7 years of RFA for one that has 4 years left, and we would have to add to the package to make it work. I imagine that the Habs would want someone who is under contract and is able to jump in immediately. NYR would make a more attractive trading partner for the Habs. Imagine them trading McDonagh back to the Habs for PK Subban.

Closed Thread