Possible Trade Ideas v6

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 11:23 PM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
Package Seto and Mitchell... For Despres + the 1st.

Those two = package deal.

I'd leave Larsson/Zucker down in Houston.

Parise - Koivu - Granlund
Heatley - Brodziak - Bouchard
Clutterbuck - Cullen - Veilleux
Powe - Konopka - Dowell/Kassian
If we traded Mitchell and Seto, we'd have to call one of Coyle or Zucker up, IMO.

Parise - Koivu - Heatley (I'm sorry, but this line is just too good)
Bouchard - Granlund - Coyle/Zucker (I'd lean toward Coyle, but Zucker has earned it more)
Clutter - Brodz - Cullen (Meh. We have to use Cullen somewhere)
Powe - Konopka - Dowell

Plus, if we got Despres, it would be another SJS player. He played with Phillips for two years as well.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:25 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

vCash: 50
I could definitely see either Zucker or Larsson making the jump if Setoguchi is traded. I wouldn't be against it either.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:26 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Zucker will likely be the one.

I see Larsson as a 3rd liner if he plays with the Wild someday.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:27 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Yes, signing Mitchell would be useless if Seto was traded...
I wouldn't just assume that if Seto gets traded that Mitchell will be also though.

Quote:

Either way, both have already proven they are ready for the NHL as soon as a spot opens up for them.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:29 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
If we traded Mitchell and Seto, we'd have to call one of Coyle or Zucker up, IMO.

Bouchard - Granlund - Coyle/Zucker (I'd lean toward Coyle, but Zucker has earned it more)
Powe - Konopka - Dowell

Plus, if we got Despres, it would be another SJS player. He played with Phillips for two years as well.
I really want to see Heatley back on the LW side with Bouchard on his RW side. Brodziak is the better complimentary player for their pivot.

I like the first line the way it is... but really... We need to do something else there and Heatley would (imho) be the piece to go down to the 2nd line and be a win there.

Either send Granlund down to Houston, or put him out there with Koivu and Parise. Possession? Yeah, this is how you do it kid...

Cullen has more value as the third line center, than on the bloody wing. While he is very good at killing offense, he is still good at killing penalties... Make the third line a fast N-S line to rush the puck up and down the ice.

Just my rational a bit more explained... but after last night, I'm ready to personally drive Mr. Cullen to the retirement home.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:46 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Pens fans like the idea as well...

Sounds like this is one of the real win-win scenarios out there right now! Get it done Fletcher!

Old
01-27-2013, 12:17 AM
TheeNorthStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post

Powe - Konopka - Dowell

Exactly. One thing that makes me want to pull my hair out is people wanting to break this line up for the sake of giving Granlund a shot or to "spread the wealth."

The 1st line isnt going to be touched. So enough with these Heater or Parise moving down to the 2nd line for the sake of spreading the wealth... Incredible. We were all raving how we were so deep @ the forward position that we had no room left because everyone in our roster can/could contribute and score. They all need to pick it up. Not dismantle the best thing we got to make up for their behinds.

Sorry i just had to rant about that. It drives me crazy.

Your lines are basically what i would suggest as well. Zucker would be the call up over Coyle.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:56 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Say it's just straight up Seto for Despres... Here's where our lineup likely goes..

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Bouchard-Granlund-Zucker
Cullen-Brodziak-Clutterbuck
Powe-Konopka-Mitchell
Kassian

Suter-Gilbert
Despres?-Brodin
Scandella-Spurgeon?
Stoner?
Falk

Backstrom
Harding

Does Despres jump to the 2nd pairing? Does Stoner instead stay there with Brodin? what do we do with Spurgeon? Prosser is gone!!!!!! Hells Yeah!

Old
01-27-2013, 02:13 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
Package Seto and Mitchell... For Despres + the 1st.
There is no way in hell Seto and Mitchell would go for two first round picks. It'll be more like Seto for Despres straight up with Mitchell thrown in for futures.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:54 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

No interest in Despres, looks to be too much of a project and I think Scandella is just as good if not better.

Old
01-27-2013, 03:05 AM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoezIt View Post
Exactly. One thing that makes me want to pull my hair out is people wanting to break this line up for the sake of giving Granlund a shot or to "spread the wealth."

The 1st line isnt going to be touched. So enough with these Heater or Parise moving down to the 2nd line for the sake of spreading the wealth... Incredible. We were all raving how we were so deep @ the forward position that we had no room left because everyone in our roster can/could contribute and score. They all need to pick it up. Not dismantle the best thing we got to make up for their behinds.

Sorry i just had to rant about that. It drives me crazy.

Your lines are basically what i would suggest as well. Zucker would be the call up over Coyle.
I don't like what I am about to type but it's time to take off my homer glasses regarding Koivu. We have been crying for top wingers to play with Koivu for awhile and now that we have one it's brought something to light. So far it has made him no better offensively and he is hurting this team in a 1C role. He is trying to pass to Parise every time he gets the puck and he rarely shoots or drives the net anymore. They are on different pages offensively. He makes mediocre players around him better but he can't make elite talent better because they think of the game on a higher level than him offensively. Koivu is one of the best 2C's in the game but he cares too much for defense to be used as a 1C. Switch him with Granlund who is more offensive minded and has elite hockey IQ. Parise is on an island out there trying to generate offense. Koivu is lost watching Parise and Heater is too slow to be used anywhere else but on the PP. Heater can't forecheck so 2W/3W is where he belongs. Koivu on the second line will make our non performing players better and makes our team better. Something like Parise-Granlund-Bouchard, Seto-Koviu-Heater, Cullen-Brodz-Clutter. Powe-Konopka-Mitchell

Spread the Koivu. Team success won't be achieved if the opponent only has to focus on the top line to win.

Edit: This all coming from a guy who has always argued Koivu being a 1C

It just took Parise to help me understand he wasn't

Last edited by WildisLaw: 01-27-2013 at 05:13 AM.
Old
01-27-2013, 04:26 AM
Opado

vCash: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildisLaw View Post
Switch him with Granlund who is more offensive minded and has elite hockey IQ.
Yes! But will granny deliver with his current size and strength at this moment? Not yet imo. Maybe i`m wrong, usually i am.

Old
01-27-2013, 04:30 AM
Kari Takko

Quote:

IMHO Larsson in NHL = Martin Hanzal

Old
01-27-2013, 05:10 AM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opado View Post
Yes! But will granny deliver with his current size and strength at this moment? Not yet imo. Maybe i`m wrong, usually i am.
Worth a shot IMO. Parise will make Granlund better. Koviu will jump start Seto. Butch needs to play with high skill guys. Lines need to be shuffled if we continue to lose. Having Butch on the third line from the start has been an absolute joke.

Old
01-27-2013, 05:12 AM
Ladde

Larsson definetly has to potential to be a 60 point player.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:19 AM
grN1g

MTL's Pacioretty out 3-4 weeks with emergency appendicectomy, perhaps increases pressure to trade p.k subban? certainly gives him more time to hold out and hope the team starts tanking.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:02 AM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by grN1g View Post
MTL's Pacioretty out 3-4 weeks with emergency appendicectomy, perhaps increases pressure to trade p.k subban? certainly gives him more time to hold out and hope the team starts tanking.
Honestly, if there was one team that I would not mind getting 1st overall, it would be Montreal. Somewhere down the line having a top six that includes Mackinnon and Galchenyuk would be amazing for that team, IMO.

Habs and Blue Jackets are the two teams I'm rooting for to have a good draft this year. CBJ just seems to have the worst luck and could really benefit from two or three draft knockouts in the first few rounds. Montreal is...Montreal. I also really like Patches as a player, and want him to succeed.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:11 AM
MNWILDFAN001

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildisLaw View Post
I don't like what I am about to type but it's time to take off my homer glasses regarding Koivu. We have been crying for top wingers to play with Koivu for awhile and now that we have one it's brought something to light. So far it has made him no better offensively and he is hurting this team in a 1C role. He is trying to pass to Parise every time he gets the puck and he rarely shoots or drives the net anymore. They are on different pages offensively. He makes mediocre players around him better but he can't make elite talent better because they think of the game on a higher level than him offensively. Koivu is one of the best 2C's in the game but he cares too much for defense to be used as a 1C. Switch him with Granlund who is more offensive minded and has elite hockey IQ. Parise is on an island out there trying to generate offense. Koivu is lost watching Parise and Heater is too slow to be used anywhere else but on the PP. Heater can't forecheck so 2W/3W is where he belongs. Koivu on the second line will make our non performing players better and makes our team better. Something like Parise-Granlund-Bouchard, Seto-Koviu-Heater, Cullen-Brodz-Clutter. Powe-Konopka-Mitchell

Spread the Koivu. Team success won't be achieved if the opponent only has to focus on the top line to win.

Edit: This all coming from a guy who has always argued Koivu being a 1C

It just took Parise to help me understand he wasn't
I agree with all of this. I've always had my doubts about Koivu, which made me not very pleased with the new contract he signed. And it's not just his hockey IQ, it's his speed. I've wanted more speed for our top 6 awhile now. Having speed just makes a player even more dangerous. Back when we had Gaborik and Demitra(RIP) as wingers was great. If the opposing defense weren't careful those two could sneak by them and they weren't going to be caught. Don't really have to worry about that with Koivu, or Heater.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:09 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I see almost no flaws with that top line. Sure Koivu and Heatley are average speed at best but who the hell cares when they have that great puck possession. And Parise is a BURNER.

I like the idea of moving Seto for Despres or Niskanen. Would add some depth to the Wild's blue line. Niskanen probably makes more sense in terms of experience and salary, but Despres is a bit more intriguing.

I'm bored with Prosser and Falk doesn't look like a long-term guy.

Suter - Spurgeon
Gilbert - Brodin
Niskanen - Scandella/Stoner

Old
01-27-2013, 11:20 AM
TZM
Par too easy

I'm more into Niskanen or Määttä rather than Despres. Well, I don't know if I'd even want the trade in the first place.

Seto -> PIT

Choice no.1 Niskanen, 2. Määttä, 3. Despres

Old
01-27-2013, 11:26 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I can't see them moving Maatta unless we add a good deal.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:33 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Besides, Määttä is overrated. And yes, I know he's a Finn, but I still think he's going to be a glorified Nick Schultz. That being said, I've been wrong before.

Despres for Seto? Yes please. Get it done Chuck.

01-27-2013, 11:37 AM
Dr Jan Itor

Man, Coyle bettter turn out. The Burns deal is really starting to turn sour.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:58 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
Man, Coyle bettter turn out. The Burns deal is really starting to turn sour.
Eh, this is what we expected from Seto, not much basically.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:07 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

How many games has it been again?

Closed Thread