HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prust

Old
01-27-2013, 07:07 AM
MAYO

vCash: 500
Prust

As a Ranger fan I'm still in mourning after having lost the Pruster in the off season, but I'm happy to see him doing his thing for the Habs! Told my fellow Habs fans that u guys would love this guy.

MAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:16 AM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYO View Post
As a Ranger fan I'm still in mourning after having lost the Pruster in the off season, but I'm happy to see him doing his thing for the Habs! Told my fellow Habs fans that u guys would love this guy.
The guy has been shining in every game we've had so far. He has been worth the 2.5 so far.

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:26 AM
MAYO

Ya, Sather thought his camp was asking for too much money yet we turn around and offer an aged Arnott 1.7!!!! Man do I miss the Pruster! This guy is a warrior.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:30 AM
bsl

Quote:
Hate to tell you dude, but if we win the cup in 2-3 years, Prusty will be a big part of it.

Then again, you owe us for McDo.

Karma.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:34 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

For a guy who can play the wing or center, PK, fight just about anyone and actually handle the puck fairly well; I think 2.5 is very fair. Not even mention the character and intangibles he bring which are very evident. Some people are still moaning about how we 'overpaid'. Unreal.

If we didn't give him that extra year and 5 hundred grand(at this point they're in no way extra) then we don't have him at all.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:34 AM
MAYO

Lol.....ya, never understood that McD move on your behalf. But I agree, any team making a run for the cup needs a guy like Prust. I've had the luxury of getting to know Colby on a more personal level since his arrival to Mtl. and he was telling me how intimadating and intense Prust is even in the teams gym!....lol

Old
01-27-2013, 07:53 AM
Pax Macioretty

I'll never get why the Rangers let go of what was possibly the best 4th liner in the NHL because they could have Asham for 1, 1 mil less!!! Asham can't do 1/10th of what Prust can do with the puck or on the pk, plus Prust is a better fighter. Anyways whatever, it's our (huge) gain, Prust is already a fan favorite here, proof is I ordered his jersey online

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:03 AM
MAYO

Am I wrong but hasn't he been moved up to your 3rd line? And ya, can't believe we let him go and brought in Asham, pitiful

Old
01-27-2013, 08:04 AM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 50
Quote:
Am I wrong but hasn't he been moved up to your 3rd line? And ya, can't believe we let him go and brought in Asham, pitiful
Yeah he's been playing with Galchenyuk and Gallagher on our 3rd line.

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:06 AM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
Yeah he's been playing with Galchenyuk and Gallagher on our 3rd line.
He's the rookie-nanny.

with a little goalrusher like Gallagher, it's kind of necessary

Old
01-27-2013, 08:15 AM
MAYO

He's no heavyweight by ant stretch but u guys needed a player like him, teams were coming into ur building and throwing around their weight last year with no one to really take care of business.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:21 AM
Analyzer*

With him around everyone seems to be tougher and more of a team mentality. He fits the new system's idea perfectly.

He's been physical and won both fights (imo) so far.

He's on the 3rd line with possibly our 2 best offensive prospects, though with the loss of Pacioretty he might get top line minutes.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:44 AM
Doc McKenna

Really like what i see, We paid Begin 2 million a few years back so I don't see this as an overpayment. Prust wins more fights than he loses, and its important to keep your opponent honest. When you look at what we paid for laraque..ugh. Prust is doing what we hoped big george would do, only prust can skate, shoot, and is great on PK

Doc McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:44 AM
Roulin

Contract aside, Prust is a nice player to have. He makes safe plays and plays hard.

Taking the contract into account, 2.5mil per over 4 years is a big commitment for 12min/g. Maybe Therrien will get him more involved as the season goes on, we'll see.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:45 AM
MAYO

I can see u guys moving up one of ur two rookies to the second line before Prust. I hope for ur sake u guys wrap up these contract talks with PK soon.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:47 AM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

Quote:
I can see u guys moving up one of ur two rookies to the second line before Prust. I hope for ur sake u guys wrap up these contract talks with PK soon.
Our 3rd line will be untouched for now if we go by the lines at practice. Eller will be put into Pacioretty's position and we'll see how that works. If it doesn't, I'd assume Galchenyuk will be switched with Eller.

Although if Desharnais and Cole continue playing the way they have... I think our rookie line + Prust will be moved to as our 2nd line.

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:53 AM
MAYO

I feel bad for Patch, put that injury from that brutal hit behind him and had a great season last year. Hope he bounces back well from this set back.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc McKenna View Post
We paid Begin 2 million a few years back
Huh...no we didn't. Maybe you are thinking of someone else? Bonk maybe?

http://www.capgeek.com/player/715

Prust has surprised me so far, no doubt. Much better player than I expected while being tough as nails and seems like just a fantastic teammate.

It sure looks like he's one of those guys who suddenly found his true niche at age 27.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:57 AM
Et le But

Thought he was just a slightly better Moen, turns out he's a significantly better Moen.

Overpaid no doubt but everything you want from a bottom 6er.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:00 AM
Mynameismark*

Still think we should have also kept Staubitz or signed another HW, just to fill in on occassion for someone like Colby Armstrong. Added to Prust we'd be set.

Mynameismark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:01 AM
MAYO

Prust didn't just find his true "niche" he did it for my Rangers and he was also a huge fan favorite when he played in Calgary for the same reasons. I can't wait to play u guys to see him man handle Asham, or even better send Rupp on the IRL with a solid right to his jaw!

Old
01-27-2013, 09:03 AM
MAYO

Give Colby time to get settled in. Spoke to him, this guy was nervous as heck coming to Mtl. To boot, he's coming off an injury plagued season, he'll be fine in 10 games.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:16 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Give Colby time to get settled in. Spoke to him, this guy was nervous as heck coming to Mtl. To boot, he's coming off an injury plagued season, he'll be fine in 10 games.
Yeah, he hasn't been great so far but if he can bounce back to close to his pre-injury levels he's an asset. I'd rather have a pest like Armstrong who can chip in on both ends than a heavyweight, I hope he can pick up his skating a bit. We needed an agitator, Subban and Emelin do the job but we are missing Lapierre's trolling up front and an active Armstrong can definitely get under people's skin. Seems to be more thrilled to be here than anyone.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:18 AM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
What makes me happy is that he hasn't been bad by any measure. He just hasn't been as dominating as Prust so far, but that's a big bill to fit.

He still managed to be present on the ice and make a difference in a few plays.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:21 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
What makes me happy is that he hasn't been bad by any measure. He just hasn't been as dominating as Prust so far, but that's a big bill to fit.

He still managed to be present on the ice and make a difference in a few plays.
Yeah, he had a rough game against Toronto - but who didn't? And has gotten progressively better since then.