HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread IX: 'Try to make this one last longer than a day' Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2013, 07:27 AM
Mr. Hab

vCash: 500
Mario Tremblay+Rejean Houle
(Roy for Kovalenko/Rucinsky/Thibault).

Bergevin+Therrien
(Subban lowballing/major insult...really afraid they will trade Subban).

When the **** are we going to have a real GM? Real coach?
Bergevin and Therrien should be managing/coaching Les Nordiques, and not our Habs.

I really hope someone intervenes before Bergevin (very low I.Q. madman) trades Subban. Molson? Help? Someone stop this madman from being Habs' GM...please.

If there's a protest to fire Bergevin in order for someone else to sign Subban...I'll be there (I swear)...and I hope all of you will be there as well. I don't want another Roy for a bag of **** trade to happen. Roy, McDonagh...and now we may lose Subban? I won't be able to take it.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:28 AM
Doc McKenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebighockeyfan View Post
It's been reported several times from different reliable source. THe Doughty money insider information is no less reliable than the recent numbers being reported of the terms of the 2 year ~5M offer. IN fact one can consider these numbers date back to may.
This. which could put the habs offer up to 4 million if the 2-3 million is considered correct. One question is how can it be 2-3 million apart but MB is sticking to his guns and not negotiating? SO is this just guessing or what. I think you should be able to nail it down to a number(like 2.5 apart) otherwise it is all rumour again.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:29 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
It's been reported several times from different reliable source. THe Doughty money inseider information is no less reliable than the recent numbers being reported of the terms of the 2 year ~5M offer. IN fact one can consider these numbers date back to may.
Cool.

Quote your sources. If it has been reported SEVERAL TIME, as you say, it shouldn't be hard for you to find me these "reliable source".

Old
01-27-2013, 07:30 AM
Doc McKenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Mario Tremblay+Rejean Houle
(Roy for Kovalenko/Rucinsky/Thibault).

Bergevin+Therrien
(Subban lowballing...major insult).

When the **** are we going to have a real GM? Real coach?
Bergevin and Therrien should be managing/coaching Les Nordiques, and not our Habs.

I really hope someone intervenes before Bergevin (very low I.Q. madman) trades Subban. Molson? Help? Someone stop this madman from being Habs' GM...please.

If there's a protest to fire Bergevin in order for someone else to sign Subban...I'll be there (I swear)...and I hope all of you will be there as well. I don't want another Roy for a bag of **** trade to happen. Roy, McDonagh...and now we may lose Subban? I won't be able to take it.
What if he traded for McDonagh.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:32 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Bergevin ex-Subban has been actually damn good so far, IHMO. I will await to see further results before slamming him down.

and Subban's situation hasn't finished yet. How about we see the endgame before calling it a failure?
In my mind, Bergevin has fired off several alarm balls.

Aside from Subban, I'd point out the ongoing circus in Hamilton, and his strange behavior in the last offseason, as both very bad indicators.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:32 AM
Doc McKenna

Quote:
Cool.

Quote your sources. If it has been reported SEVERAL TIME, as you say, it shouldn't be hard for you to find me these "reliable source".
http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...ey-in-new-deal

http://www.canada.com/sports/hockey/...812/story.html

Old
01-27-2013, 07:34 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc McKenna View Post
That's one. and I can name you Stubbs who actually denied that rumor.

Name another.

And then, try to name the number of people who reported the 2.5M$ for Subban, and how many people denied it.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:35 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Cool.

There is also an article from Spector saying subban is looking for 5 years 30million, but I will leave it up to him to find it since I am not part of the discussion, lmao

Old
01-27-2013, 07:36 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post

There is also an article from Spector saying subban is looking for 5 years 30million, but I will leave it up to him to find it since I am not part of the discussion, lmao
That's not Doughty money, not even close.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:37 AM
HomaridII

So with my 8,000th post I will make a really unintelligent post and ask why you guys think Meehan only leaked yesterday (since it is obvious it came from their camp) the Habs offer and didn't also leak what they are looking for

Old
01-27-2013, 07:38 AM
Doc McKenna

Quote:

Name another.

And then, try to name the number of people who reported the 2.5M$ for Subban, and how many people denied it.
Rumour still, unless leaked by meehan, in whihc case he is gaming the system, and you guys expect MB to come out of negotiations to get your approval on all most probably initial offers-which happen to be right in line with our other bridge contracts, and MAY have been an initial offer-IF true.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:39 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Yah but not much has been leaked of what subban is looking for other than long term deal.

Old
PricePkPatch

Quote:
So with my 8,000th post I will make a really unintelligent post and ask why you guys think Meehan only leaked yesterday (since it is obvious it came from their camp) the Habs offer and didn't also leak what they are looking for
Since Subban wants to make a decision during the week-end..

And tomorrow we play at the Bell Centre...

.... I'd say it's a last-ditch attempt to rile up the fans to regain face.

BTW, not unintelligent post. It's a good question to ask, speculating Meehan himself was the leak.

Old
DAChampion

Quote:
We've known about the Habs offer for a while, this is just a confirmation with a little more detail.

We also know what Subban is looking for, between 2 and 3 million more, so 4.55 to 5.55 million/year, probably depends on the term.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:40 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc McKenna View Post
Rumour still, unless leaked by meehan, in whihc case he is gaming the system, and you guys expect MB to come out of negotiations to get your approval on all most probably initial offers-which happen to be right in line with our other bridge contracts, and MAY have been an initial offer-IF true.
Rumor that has been reported by a lot, lot more people than the silly Doughty Money rumor. It has a lot more credence, as nobody actually denied it.

And yet, you try to make them appear as of equal weight? Get out of here

Old
01-27-2013, 07:41 AM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
And again, as if it's the right atmosphere to have in a hockey team. If true, Bergevin offers are insulting and he's the one that needs to be put in his place and start realizing the job he has in the market he's in.
Molson must share the same view on what's fair for Subban, unless the guy is living under a rock. He is ultimately the one who is instructing Bergevin on what to give Subban. It would not suprise me to see Subban ask for a trade and that would be a disaster, to let that much potential just walk away. They are handling this situation in every wrong way possible. It has to be resolved this week with a signed deal because the vultures are waiting and a trade will never end in our favour, it hardly ever does.

Old
WG

Quote:
The simplest answer is the Meehan and MB met on Friday and basically got nowhere, Meehan came back with concessions (i.e. fine, we'll accept 2 years) and found MB was not willling to move from his previous offer.

Given the PK has no arb rights and is unlikely to sign an offersheet then this is the next (maybe last) bullet in his gun before they decide to take the lowball offer or sit out the year.

Old
Doc McKenna

Quote:
You do remember at one time they mentioned it wasn't the money but length of contract, so which is it? Did subban really want to sign 2.5 million for 4 years or did he want, as he mentioned"to be paid his value as a number one dman"

Old
01-27-2013, 07:43 AM
Et le But

Quote:
I don't think anybody actually wants Gauthier back.

At best, some people think Gauthier would have been less stupid. But that's like a battered wife longing for her previous husband because he was less abusive.

I don't want Bergevin, I don't want Gauthier, I don't want post-boat-accident Gainey, and I don't want Houle. They may all have strengths relative to one another but they're all failures. I want a legitimate GM for the Montreal Canadiens.

- Somebody who thinks long-term rather than short-term.
- Somebody who realizes that the top-6 forwards are more important than the bottom-6 forwards.
- I want a GM who evaluates each situation on its own merits rather than one who cooks up ridiculous ideologies like "bridge contracts" and "I won't sign players during the season".
- I want a GM who is comfortable with the cap, not some idiot who is "not a numbers man".
- I want a GM who can build a stanley cup contender, and who can maintain its status.
- No more Ribeiro for Minimum. No more McDonagh for Gomez.
I wanted new ideas. Unfortunately the new ideas we are getting so far are an emphasis on narrative and old fashioned values instead of innovation. As if "no excuses" signs, not walking on the logo and treating all players under a certain age equal regardless of context can make up for a lack of talent.

Bergevin can still surprise me, but insulting Subban like this isn't really a good start.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:44 AM
Doc McKenna

Quote:
Rumor that has been reported by a lot, lot more people than the silly Doughty Money rumor. It has a lot more credence, as nobody actually denied it.

And yet, you try to make them appear as of equal weight? Get out of here
So you want to cherry pick rumours that suit you, fine. Subbans camp in the beginning said they were good on money but not contract length. SO where does that leave us, must mean 2.5 for 8 years. Which is ridiculous of course.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:44 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
I haven't read this entire thread and it probably has already been mentioned but on the Hot Stove last night, when talking about the Habs ~$5m offer over 2 years, Kevin Weekes stated that not one GM he has talked to understands Bergevin's tactics in his negotiations (or lack of negotiations) with PK.
I really believe that no other GM in the NHL would be handling Subban's contract the way Bergevin has been.
FIRE BERGEVIN...WHY WAIT FOR MORE DAMAGE? (this was a huge test and has has failed in every way...stop him before he ****ing trades Subban). I don't want to see Subban wear another jersey.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:47 AM
Doc McKenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
I really believe that no other GM in the NHL would be handling Subban's contract the way Bergevin has been.
FIRE BERGEVIN...WHY WAIT FOR MORE DAMAGE? (this was a huge test and has has failed in every way...stop him before he ****ing trades Subban). I don't want to see Subban wear another jersey.
Well maybe because this is what the habs brass wants-do you think he operates in a void on a one man do it all basis. We know that doesn't happen so stop pretending like it does. BTW ALL CAPS DOEST MAKE YOU RIGHT

Old
01-27-2013, 07:48 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:

Name another.

You have very selective memory. You ask for sources yet you say they are not accurate because of a pro-PK Subban article by Stubbs. Way to be balanced and fair there buddy. The CBC article is just one example, and it is just as reputable as Stubbs, he's been out to lunch a few times in his career. Just try to keep everything in mind when taking a very strong position on something, not just picking and choosing what insider information suits your argument best. And give it up with the conspiracy theories, it's getting old.

Last edited by onebighockeyfan: 01-27-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old
01-27-2013, 07:54 AM
impudent_lowlife

Do the Canadiens realize how good P.K. Subban is?

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...d-pk-subban-is

Old
01-27-2013, 07:55 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
You have very selective memory. You ask for sources yet you say they are not accurate because of a pro-PK Subban article by Stubbs. Way to be balanced and fair there buddy. The CBC article is just one example, and it is just as reputable as Stubbs, he's been out to lunch a few times in his career. Just try to keep everything in mind when taking a very strong position on something, not just picking and choosing what insider information suits your argument best. And give it up with the conspiracy theories, it's getting old.
Name another then.

"Doughty Money", you did said there was several reliable sources that claimed that.

Closed Thread