HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston - Edmonton

Old
01-25-2013, 06:35 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Boston gets pretty thoroughly screwed in this deal. I really have to think that, if Edmonton wants Lucic, then they better be prepared to give up something sexy; starting with a player the fans probably don't want to give up.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:03 PM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Dude Hemsky is made of glass, he has zero value
Wrong again.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:18 PM
Pekka Rinne

Quote:
Yeah, and Savard is an iron man

Pekka Rinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:00 PM
wahoyaho

Lucic alone is worth one of the Big 5

wahoyaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:08 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoyaho View Post
Lucic alone is worth one of the Big 5
His worth isn't that to Edmonton I'm sure, but there is no doubt that it would need to be one of those guys for Boston to even consider it.

Old
01-26-2013, 08:40 PM
titsuple

hemsky for horton strait up?

titsuple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:40 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
Bad for boston. Prv has to be included.
I fail to see what adding Prv does to even things out here.

You've gotta take Whitney out of the equation. The dude is supposedly healthy and his skating is still probably among the worst in the NHL.

And no. Replacing Whitney with vets like Smyth or Horcoff isn't going to make this any more palatable for Bruins fans.

TBH Bruins fans might be more open towards trading Horton, because he'll be UFA at the end of the season... but really.. I don't see Boston fans having any interested in injury prone Hemsky.

If there's any interest in Hemsky I'd say either Hemsky for Horton straight up or Hemsky + 2013 1st rounder for Lucic. Yes, of course Edmonton doesn't want to cough up their 2013 first rounder until they've seen themselves have a season where they make a decent run at making it into the playoffs. At the same time,

Edmonton doesn't need to beef up on the wings. They need a 3rd line shut-down center.

Still. Hemsky + 2013 first isn't a lot to cough up because Lucic is an established top 6 forward. If we were to add in another top six forward he's exactly the kind of top 6 forward we'd want to add. He's big, mean and tenacious and he's got good offensive upside. No waiting for some kid to develop. You're getting it all now.

In my opinion, I don't think Lucic is worth six mill and Horton has never really peaked my interest. Big guy who doesn't use his body enough. Last year was the one season that his offense impressed me and he ended up suffering a serious injury.

Either way, this proposal is a joke and every member of the Boston community on these boards has the right to come troll this thread and laugh at the idea of trading one of their most coveted wingers from their Cup run for an injury prone player, a 2nd round and a pricy d-man who isn't worth half a bag of pucks.

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:48 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by titsuple View Post
hemsky for horton strait up?
No thanks.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 01:03 AM
Oates2Neely

Hemsky and Lucic mentioned in the same proposal is laughable

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 01:11 AM
Chieftans22*
#FreeSeguin

This would never go through. You're giving us fluff and we're sending you Lucic? Maybe next time...

Chieftans22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 03:00 AM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 185
Quote:
He doesn't have zero value. He had several seasons near a PPG on a team bereft with talent.

His value is decreased by his injuries but it's a high-risk, high-reward situation with Hemsky. If you are gonna simply wait for him to return to form and prove he's not injured, then expect to pay quite a bit.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:13 AM
Fire Julien

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
He doesn't have zero value. He had several seasons near a PPG on a team bereft with talent.

His value is decreased by his injuries but it's a high-risk, high-reward situation with Hemsky. If you are gonna simply wait for him to return to form and prove he's not injured, then expect to pay quite a bit.
Which is why no team has traded for him and no team will.

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:13 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post

The last time he was decent was when he scored 66 points in 2008 (4yrs ago). He's paid handsomely at $5m, he can't stay healthy. I just don't see teams lining up offering good value for Hemsky.

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:08 AM
RomanianLeafs

and they say leafs fans are the worst i would not dare to make this kind of proposal for lucic ) it-s like proposing a 2nd, franson or komisarek and clarke macarthur ) bruins have no reason to trade lucic and certainly not for this package..

RomanianLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Baddkarma

Send a message via AIM to Baddkarma
I feel bad for the guy that started this thread. But the only real mistake he made was putting Lucic in a trade thread.

The guy is as untouchable as they come in the NHL at this point. I am being serious when I say that one for one there is not one player on the EDM roster the Bruins would trade Lucic for. Am I saying that Lucic roster value is higher than any of the Oils budding young stars? No. But to the Bruins, the team identity, the fans, and his production at this point the Bruins wont deal him.

Be patient Oilers, your day is coming.

Baddkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:28 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
The last time he was decent was when he scored 66 points in 2008 (4yrs ago). He's paid handsomely at $5m, he can't stay healthy. I just don't see teams lining up offering good value for Hemsky.
He's been pretty good this year so far.