HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs lose again. We are Oilers in denial.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:17 AM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVReemer View Post
Actually, it looks as though recently all of our higher draft picks have been turning out pretty well. If you count the Schenn for JVR swap as well.
So... Kadri? lol.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:18 AM
HappyGilmourr

I would say blow it up but I don't even have confidence in their ability to draft

HappyGilmourr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:55 AM
Hurt

I was only able to watch the game on and off but the last period seemed like a disaster. Was it as bad as it looked?

01-27-2013, 03:04 AM
HappyGilmourr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
I was only able to watch the game on and off but the last period seemed like a disaster. Was it as bad as it looked?
They out played us all game and deserved the win but we're all reading to much into this. The Gaborik - Richards - Nash line was on fire and that was one of the best teams in the NHL at their best... They were 1-3 and NEEDED a win, I'm not to worried. Lots of hockey left.

Last edited by HappyGilmourr: 01-27-2013 at 03:14 AM.
Old
01-27-2013, 03:05 AM
Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
They out played us all game and deserved the win but we're all reading to much into this. The Gaborik - Richards - Nash line was on fire and that was one of the best teams in the NHL at their best... They were 1-3 and NEEDED win, I'm not to worried. Lots of hockey left.
What's more concerning than some line being hot or them needing to win is that we blew ANOTHER lead in horrid fashion at that.

Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 03:09 AM
Raging Bull

You could see it coming. Just like the Islanders game, we hadn't played well at all in the first and somehow had a two goal lead.

Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 03:11 AM
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
You could see it coming. Just like the Islanders game, we hadn't played well at all in the first and somehow had a two goal lead.
Yeah, I didn't like the fact that it was 2 goals in 3 shots, while the Rangers had 14 shots.

Superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 03:12 AM
HappyGilmourr

Quote:
What's more concerning than some line being hot or them needing to win is that we blew ANOTHER lead in horrid fashion at that.
Yeah its frustrating but I'm not to worried about it... The Rangers were on fire tonight at home in front of a good crowd I don't think the Red Wings would have had a prayer tonight against the Rangers. The Rangers should have had the lead from the beginning. The games that tick me off are the games that we HAVE to win. The MUST win games. i.e.: The game we blew against the Islanders. That should have been a win and that's what will determine our fait. I feel we should be 3-2 with 6 points instead of 2-3 with 4 points but oh well. Everything will balance out in the end.

Old
01-27-2013, 03:12 AM
RonEllisFan

Granted this may not be a playoff team, but stick to the plan, play the kids, patience is the key, don't make any trades to hurt our future, we got a young team, with a healthy cap space, and a deap draft coming up. I'm optimistic on our future and it will be fun to watch these kids play. My 2 cents.

RonEllisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 03:15 AM
tml145

i saw two different leaf teams
one in the first period and
one for the rest of the game

they didnt have many shots in the first
but at least they had equal time of attack
as the rangers.

this tells me some guys are playing too many minuts

phanuff ans kostka playing 33 minutes is rediculouse

tml145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:20 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

Quote:
Indeed.

legendinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:34 AM
Hyperglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimso View Post
Awesome, I managed to watch both TO teams piss away leads and lose....
Same. When doe baseball start again?

Hyperglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:46 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

I didn't even realize Gaborik had a 4 point night.

legendinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:54 AM
Jerkini

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendinblue View Post
I didn't even realize Gaborik had a 4 point night.
I've always wondered why the Leafs made no public attempt to sign Marian Gaborik and instead opted to trade high value assets for an inferior player in Phil Kessel.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:56 AM
TheKule

Rick Nash. You can see the type of player he is when he's surrounded by elite talent, he's already in dominant Team Canada form. Great pick up by the Rags.

TheKule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:20 AM
hullsy47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
I've always wondered why the Leafs made no public attempt to sign Marian Gaborik and instead opted to trade high value assets for an inferior player in Phil Kessel.
once burke left kessel's days are numbered
if nonis can pitch a contract extension to the new board for kessel .phaneuf ,etc ,ill tip my cap
i think nonis ;s mandate will be to clear the deck for the next management .
and to answer your first question .......burke sees keseel as the net superstar in the NHL
hes no brett hull thats for sure

hullsy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:44 AM
SteveV*

It is patently ridiculous how much Carlyle is playing Phaneuf and Kostka. A guy who never played in the NHL before is now a 30 minute player??? That's insane by any measure, never heard of in my life.

I thought Reimer actually looked good, great rebound control and his glove hand was surprising.

Kadri and Kessel looked quite flat in particular.

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:47 AM
Clark4Ever

Phaneuf and Kostka playing half the freaking game against the Isles and Rags and 12 goals against. Coincidence?

Carlyle and Farrish have to do a much better job managing their minutes because they are being exposed badly. If they are limited to a manageable number of shifts, they will be far more effective.

I also can't understand the rationale behind playing a career AHLer on a top defence pairing against the top players in the league. Is it any wonder that Phaneuf and Kostka are among the league's worst in the plus/minus category?

Clark4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:12 AM
Mowerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
. A guy who never played in the NHL before is now a 30 minute player??? That's insane by any measure, never heard of in my life.
The insane part is that he hasn't even looked that bad.

Mowerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:20 AM
SteveV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontalLombardomy View Post
The insane part is that he hasn't even looked that bad.
What does it say about your D, if a guy that wasn't even on your radar had the season started on time, is now your top minute guy? Kind of scary when you think about it.

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Confucius

Quote:
What does it say about your D, if a guy that wasn't even on your radar had the season started on time, is now your top minute guy? Kind of scary when you think about it.
Scarier yet, one of the 2 guys makes 6.5 million and is Captain, the other guy is making league minimum. What has been the big difference in play?

Confucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:45 AM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawg1234 View Post
depending on where we are, if we're at or a little below .500, I'd definitely say start trading for picks.

Macarthur for even a 2nd would be great. If we can pick up another first I'd be ecstatic.
You need to start changing your terminology and way of thinking, this is the new NHL.

500 is 82 point hockey in a full season, since the advent of the 3 point games, 82 points leaves you more times then not 10+ points out of a PO spot and 10+ points in todays system is a sht ton.

I would set the bar a little higher then just "at 500" before one thinks about not flushing players.

Faltorvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:48 AM
Mowerman

Quote:
Things aren't normal. Daniel Winnik is scoring at beyond a GPG pace so far. The dude has played well (as has the guy playing beside him). He's had poise, performed well under pressure making safe plays and has been pretty defensively solid for the most part. They didn't look particularly great in the NYI game (then again, nobody did), but considering they've been eating big minutes game in game out and the fact it was a back to back, it's not that hard to swallow moving forwards. Especially when the rest of the team collapsed as well. To put the blame entirely on some of the better performing players due to +/- really does blow my mind.

Gunnarsson, Bozak, Komarov, Franson, etc etc. I can name tons of players who have made more bone-headed plays that resulted in goals or good scoring chances for the opposition so far into the season.

Mowerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:49 AM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
His motives are clear when you read his posts, he wants Grabo to have the 2 best and most physical wingers so Grabs can keep padding those stats regardless of them going minus in the defensive dept. Obviously the right thing to do is move JVR to the top line to replace Lupul.
I love how your logic works, so apparently krejci is some great center who also plays with 2 very skilled big wingers but grabo just pads stats? Wow, talk about your double standards lol.

The Blue Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:15 AM
InterceptSchenn
Good Evening MrFrost

uhmmmm yeah we suck. why is this a surprise to people lol

InterceptSchenn is offline   Reply With Quote