HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Home Ice - radical action needed by MLSE

Old
01-27-2013, 09:59 AM
Twix
Patch of velcro

vCash: 500
I still advocate cheap beer.

Twix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:02 AM
Erdinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix View Post
I still advocate cheap beer.
It'll cut down on the budget available for hiring assistant GM's though. Might have to lay off a half dozen of them.

Erdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:02 AM
Mowerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
No, much better to rely on your biased view, rather than taking a poll of 700 people who actually play in all 30 arenas. Yawn dude.
I'm sorry, can you read?

Christ. You posted something that was biased in regards to attitudes within the building between fans (that cheering is discouraged and looked down upon), and I said that my experiences are completely different from that and I don't really understand the basis for them. You then responded with (and are continuing to do so apparently) a completely unrelated little diatribe about a non-existent poll of NHL players as if that is relevant to what you said and what I responded to. I bloody told you I don't think the ACC is loud or a particularly respectable environment given the stature of the Leafs.

Yawn dude.

Mowerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:10 AM
Twix
Patch of velcro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdinger View Post
Leafs do that almost every home game

Twix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:45 PM
The CyNick
Follow @ TheCyNick

Quote:
BINGO! And that is because REGULAR people go to Raptor's games, try to find suits in the first rows, TRY!
You clearly dont go to many games. Platinum and court-side have plenty of people in suits for Raps games.

You're whole argument is that because you jumped up and tried to start a cheer, and people looked at you like you were a male cheerleader, and stayed int heir seat, that there is something wrong with the crowd. You're like the guys at Jays games who pathetically try to start the wave. Just do what you want at the game, and let people do their own thing.

When something exciting happens in a Leafs game, fans rich and poor will be cheering.

The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:56 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdinger View Post
Leafs do that almost every home game
Not gonna lie that was good

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:24 PM
Kessley Snipes

Quote:
BINGO! And that is because REGULAR people go to Raptor's games, try to find suits in the first rows, TRY!
Suits are regular people. They are just more successful than you and clearly that makes you jealous

Kessley Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:58 PM
BillyD
JUST WIN BABY

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeyleafsfan View Post
Once again the record on home ice is poor and I wouldn't mind betting will continue in a similar vein through this shortened season and as a result any chance of the post-season will be dashed.

Aside from the actual on-ice performance a significant contributory factor is that the ACC is palpably NOT an intimidating venue for visiting teams. The only consistent noise come from the 500 level and gets lost down below.

The key areas down near ice-level are filled with the suits. Now here is the rub. I've never thought the best place to watch a hockey game is near the ice. Mid-level is by far the best for getting the premier all-round view of the ice.

This of course will never happen but until we can get more true hard-core fans down near the ice, making noise, actually supporting the team, the ACC will continue to resemble a library and a friendly place for visiting teams.

MLSE needs to re-brand the seating plans, 'SELL' the premier seats to the suits at mid-level and have the real fans in seats near the ice and up at 500 level and thus 'squeeze out the silence'.

I'd love to hear other thoughts on how the ACC COULD be made a more intimidating venue.
...win

BillyD is offline   Reply With Quote