HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Race to the Bottom - Rebuild Thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-27-2013, 09:01 AM
  #126
Raging Bull
Registered User
 
Raging Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Hamilton, ONT
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
So I won't be taking Bar Rafaeli out tonight?
You probably have a better chance of that happening than the proposed rebuild.

Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:03 AM
  #127
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup
 
Rockinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,111
vCash: 500
in b4 /

Rockinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:05 AM
  #128
InterceptSchenn
Good Evening MrFrost
 
InterceptSchenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post
1. Trade Kessel to Minny for Coyle ( big #2C prospect ready now and has the tools we need as a big nasty centre ) + Dumba ( a premier physical D prospect ) + 1st 2013

Minny does this because there close and Kessel might make them the Fav...

2. Kulemen to Pittsburg for Beau Bennett

3. Phaneuf to Washington for Forsberg & 1st

4. McCarthur for 2nd

Draft

we will be top 5 and get our # 1 C & package 2 firsts to get another top 10 pick to get another winger like Kessel
Youre starting to lose it a bit.......Starting to maybe snap a little.

InterceptSchenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:08 AM
  #129
Mowerman
Registered User
 
Mowerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
The "He's from Minnesota so they'll sign him" argument is lazy.
I like that one. Come home Stamkos!

Mowerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:11 AM
  #130
deuce457
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 360
vCash: 500
kulemin is one of the few on this team I would keep, both Kessel and Dion can go, but the return is no where near the value that you are anticipating.

i really dont know if any team would give up a top prospect and a pick for Phil.

deuce457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:12 AM
  #131
Faltorvo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 10,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
I'm annoyed people think Kessel is going to Minnesota. Makes no sense. They can't afford him.
I can't believe you just posted this RR.

You better check capgeeks and think again.

13.3m cap space add 1.6m to that if Dumba is gone next year and already 17 players under contract.

They could compliance Gilbert or Heatly if they so chose.

Lots of wiggle room.

Faltorvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:14 AM
  #132
Mowerman
Registered User
 
Mowerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce457 View Post
kulemin is one of the few on this team I would keep, both Kessel and Dion can go, but the return is no where near the value that you are anticipating.

i really dont know if any team would give up a top prospect and a pick for Phil.
25 year old elite offensive winger's that have put up four straight 30 goal seasons (most of which without any sort of legitimately talented linemates) and are coming off 37 goal, 82 point seasons are worth what exactly?

Mowerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:15 AM
  #133
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
I can't believe you just posted this RR.

You better check capgeeks and think again.

13.3m cap space add 1.6m to that if Dumba is gone next year and already 17 players under contract.

They could compliance Gilbert or Heatly if they so chose.

Lots of wiggle room.
You do know not all teams can afford to spend to the cap, right.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...41524429,d.dmg

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:17 AM
  #134
InterceptSchenn
Good Evening MrFrost
 
InterceptSchenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 643
vCash: 500
Phil Kessel is from Wisconsin, not Minnesota.

InterceptSchenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:18 AM
  #135
achtungbaby
Registered User
 
achtungbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Minnesota had cash calls this fall to cover the signing bonuses for Parise/Suter. They aren't adding a 7 year, 7.5-8 million per Phil Kessel+ the expenses of signing their good prospects. No chance. The "He's from Minnesota so they'll sign him" argument is lazy.
Tell that to the countless posters around here who think that every star player from Toronto, or even Ontario, will sign with the Leafs when they reach UFA status.

achtungbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:18 AM
  #136
Erdinger
Registered User
 
Erdinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce457 View Post
kulemin is one of the few on this team I would keep, both Kessel and Dion can go, but the return is no where near the value that you are anticipating.

i really dont know if any team would give up a top prospect and a pick for Phil.
I think a team that already has a top centre and power forward would look at Kessel as the missing piece. I think they might pay a premium to put them over the top.

Erdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:19 AM
  #137
Erdinger
Registered User
 
Erdinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungbaby View Post
Tell that to the countless posters around here who think that every star player from Toronto, or even Ontario, will sign with the Leafs when they reach UFA status.
Sadly I think most of us have come to realize it is the exact opposite.

Erdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:19 AM
  #138
achtungbaby
Registered User
 
achtungbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
You do know not all teams can afford to spend to the cap, right.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...41524429,d.dmg
You do realize that every team is forced to spend to a cap floor right? Money has to be spent somewhere.

achtungbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:19 AM
  #139
InterceptSchenn
Good Evening MrFrost
 
InterceptSchenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 643
vCash: 500
Throw all the money in the world at getzlaf (or perry), trade/amnesty grabo, kadri as 2c, amnesty liles and trade for a goalie.

InterceptSchenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:20 AM
  #140
Larcos_Unal
Registered User
 
Larcos_Unal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Argentina
Posts: 1,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
So I won't be taking Bar Rafaeli out tonight?
Actually, you'll be taking Rafael to a Bar.


Larcos_Unal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:20 AM
  #141
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,694
vCash: 500
Minnesota will not give out another crazy long term deal after the insane retirement contracts they gave to Parise/Suter. Just because Healey's deal will run out, does that mean they need to replace him? No.

They didn't even have the money to cover the crazy signing bonuses they gave out.

And on top of that, Phil will have to agree to take a paycut to go there compared to what the Leafs can offer.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:21 AM
  #142
Pilky01
@JamesD_TO
 
Pilky01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,462
vCash: 500
edit

Pilky01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:21 AM
  #143
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larcos_Unal View Post
Actually, you'll be taking Rafael to a Bar.



Good one.

Whether it's from the Leafs, or Raphael, I'll feel rear-ended.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:22 AM
  #144
Erdinger
Registered User
 
Erdinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,756
vCash: 500
Just let it slide this season and get a top pick. The reason the 5 year rebuild didn't work was because a Leafs GM didn't let it slide when he first got here.

Erdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:22 AM
  #145
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungbaby View Post
You do realize that every team is forced to spend to a cap floor right? Money has to be spent somewhere.
So giving out a 7 year deal for 7.5-8 million is the answer?

It's actually incredibly easy to add payroll. Florida showed that.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:23 AM
  #146
InterceptSchenn
Good Evening MrFrost
 
InterceptSchenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky01 View Post
edit
no reason too. only 1 year left after this disaster of a season is completed.

InterceptSchenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:23 AM
  #147
MrLegend28
Registered User
 
MrLegend28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,364
vCash: 500
why do people keep saying Kessel's from Minnesota? lmao. Dude played in Minnesota, was born in Wisconsin. Learn something about the players you're bashing for once.

MrLegend28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:24 AM
  #148
Erdinger
Registered User
 
Erdinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky01 View Post
edit
That won't happen and while edit is paid a lot he's hardly useless like a Gomez.

Erdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:25 AM
  #149
Pilky01
@JamesD_TO
 
Pilky01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterceptSchenn View Post
no reason too. only 1 year left after this disaster of a season is completed.
Ya I just checked it.

It will be hilarious when our "captain" is forced to take a serious pay cut.

Pilky01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:29 AM
  #150
achtungbaby
Registered User
 
achtungbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Minnesota will not give out another crazy long term deal after the insane retirement contracts they gave to Parise/Suter. Just because Healey's deal will run out, does that mean they need to replace him? No.

They didn't even have the money to cover the crazy signing bonuses they gave out.

And on top of that, Phil will have to agree to take a paycut to go there compared to what the Leafs can offer.
And Brian Burke is going nowhere. I know you want to believe these things, and you may even be right about it, but why do you say it with such certainty when there's little to no evidence to back it up.

Will Minny give out a retirement contract? No, under the new CBA it's no longer allowed.

Minny won't try to replace Heatley? Why not? If we lose Kessel won't we try to replace him?

achtungbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.