Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Isles @ Jets | Sun Jan 27 | 7PM | MTS Centre | Game 6 | "Late Edition"

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2013, 08:08 AM
SensibleGuy

vCash: 50
Last year, this would have been a sure-fire "from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows" moment for our Jets. They never seemed to come out strong against teams that they should have been able to handle. I think they've turned a corner this year and they seem as a team to have their collective head on straighter so to speak. Hope hope hoping tonight isn't a step backward...

Old
01-27-2013, 08:29 AM
Ziggy66

Very well done!

going to go with the standard Jets win. 4-2 reg time.

Ladd, Kane, Stuart and Joki potting goals.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:31 AM
Crazed Fan

vCash: 500
Aldo Montoya. I was talking with someone just yesterday about him. Why does the world want me to remember Aldo Montoya?

I am loving Little on the wing. Hope he gets a goal tonight.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:39 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Don't like this Isles lineup; the Jets will win this.

GO Jets Go!!!!

Time for a Sunday morning musical interlude...

Old
01-27-2013, 08:43 AM
Shakey Rustie
2L

vCash: 1077
Great job!!!

Go Jets Go!!!

Old
01-27-2013, 08:51 AM
Prot

vCash: 100
Great job.

Fans going to the game: Let's keep it rockin' at the arena. The first game we certainly tried but the game was a dud. The Pen's game was pretty impressive in the second and third.

Wish I had gotten in on the 'Mario's pool boy' but it didn't make the lower bowl!

My fear: Jet's work so hard on the road and cast the number crunchers aside for some impressive results. Then yet again get up for a game that no one expected us to win.

This game will be hard to get up for. The crowd has to help get the intensity up. The players gotta dig deep to keep the momentum.

Any word on Montoya starting?

Old
01-27-2013, 08:57 AM
CREW99AW

The isles first line of Moulson-Tavares-Okposo isn't in sinc. It could be because Moulson and KO stayed home, while Tavares played in Europe.

Hopefully, we'll see a well played, hard fought game.

Let's go Isles

Old
01-27-2013, 08:57 AM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

PITT is back Feb15th. We'll do up the MARIOS POOL BOY chant arena-wide then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
Great job.

Fans going to the game: Let's keep it rockin' at the arena. The first game we certainly tried but the game was a dud. The Pen's game was pretty impressive in the second and third.

Wish I had gotten in on the 'Mario's pool boy' but it didn't make the lower bowl!

My fear: Jet's work so hard on the road and cast the number crunchers aside for some impressive results. Then yet again get up for a game that no one expected us to win.

This game will be hard to get up for. The crowd has to help get the intensity up. The players gotta dig deep to keep the momentum.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:05 AM
Prot

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzappa View Post
PITT is back Feb15th. We'll do up the MARIOS POOL BOY chant arena-wide then
Yes! I will be there. We have to remember this.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:18 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensibleGuy View Post
Last year, this would have been a sure-fire "from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows" moment for our Jets. They never seemed to come out strong against teams that they should have been able to handle. I think they've turned a corner this year and they seem as a team to have their collective head on straighter so to speak. Hope hope hoping tonight isn't a step backward...
I agree. I think this game will be very telling about this team. If they come out strong without any letdown and handle the Islanders like they should, it will say a lot about how they are progressing.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:26 AM
SCP Guy

Do we see the Portuguese Man O War today???

Old
01-27-2013, 09:27 AM
RonJon

vCash: 200
Props to YWG for another awsome GD...errr BDT. We know we can play with the big boys. Its our equal and lesser than siblings we need to squash. Ok boys only one cookie left on the table...take it without mercy leaving your brother sitting crying in his dirty Islander diaper.

What says Bro better than the Blues Brothers

Old
01-27-2013, 09:28 AM
StaticPrevails

vCash: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
Do we see the Portuguese Man O War today???

Yeah, but hopefully on the bench. No reason to swap Pavs while he's hot.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:31 AM
SCP Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticPrevails View Post
Yeah, but hopefully on the bench. No reason to swap Pavs while he's hot.

We do have to remember that a tiered Pavs is a very bad Pavs (we saw that last year) so lets keeep him fresh where we can

Last edited by SCP Guy: 01-27-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old
01-27-2013, 09:44 AM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Hey guys!

That Islanders logo is amazing. Absolutely brilliant. So good that I actually think the Islanders should be using that once they move to Brooklyn.

Anyways, the Islanders are not to deep with skill. They will play a hard game, and rely on Nabokov for some big saves. It's worked in Nabbys first few games.

Keep an eye on Keith Aucoin. Guy is tearing it up for us right now after being picked up off the waiver wire. He is really showcasing himself. Big on faceoffs and timely goals. Might net one or two tonight. He's on.

Tavares is in a funk right now. Not himself. He's either concussed or still adapting to the NA game after being in Switzerland for 6 months. Can't make a good pass, having a rough time in his own zone, etc. Not very good signs for a promising young player.

Who else? Isles have a sound defense (for once), and a really good PK.

As always, watch out for Grabner on the PK. He likes to use his long reach and hit the breakaway. He's usually due for 2 breakaways a game, so we'll see if he keeps up the average.

Otherwise, I would say both teams are about equal in terms of talent and direction. It's anybodys game IMHO.

Good luck and stay warm. Is it really -18 up there? Jesus. It's 25 degrees here and I can't take it.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:49 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesBeBack View Post
Hey guys!

That Islanders logo is amazing. Absolutely brilliant. So good that I actually think the Islanders should be using that once they move to Brooklyn.

Anyways, the Islanders are not to deep with skill. They will play a hard game, and rely on Nabokov for some big saves. It's worked in Nabbys first few games.

Keep an eye on Keith Aucoin. Guy is tearing it up for us right now after being picked up off the waiver wire. He is really showcasing himself. Big on faceoffs and timely goals. Might net one or two tonight. He's on.

Tavares is in a funk right now. Not himself. He's either concussed or still adapting to the NA game after being in Switzerland for 6 months. Can't make a good pass, having a rough time in his own zone, etc. Not very good signs for a promising young player.

As always, watch out for Grabner on the PK. He likes to use his long reach and hit the breakaway. He's usually due for 2 breakaways a game, so we'll see if he keeps up the average.

Otherwise, I would say both teams are about equal in terms of talent and direction. It's anybodys game IMHO.

Good luck and stay warm. Is it really -18 up there? Jesus. It's 25 degrees here and I can't take it.
Tavares could very well be concussed, given that Phaneuf crunched him good in Toronto.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:51 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesBeBack View Post
Hey guys!

Thanks for stopping by. Yea it has warmed up a bit. Spent the most part of the week in the -25 to -30 range with the windchill into the -40 range. Of course that's Celsius not Fahrenheit.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:08 AM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

For the recored, I feel spoiled to be a fan of a team with such amazing GDTs. Great job as usual (and that goes for anyone who ever takes the time to put so much thought into a GDT)!

Old
01-27-2013, 10:15 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stej View Post
For the recored, I feel spoiled to be a fan of a team with such amazing GDTs. Great job as usual (and that goes for anyone who ever takes the time to put so much thought into a GDT)!

+ 1

Old
01-27-2013, 10:17 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stej View Post

Dont get to high on them

Friday's is really going to disappoint you

Old
01-27-2013, 10:22 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

I can see the Jets going in an upward motion toward the opposition's face creating an almost intimidating like superhero force. With 1 player carrying the majority of the offensive load of course.

To that end.

Jets win 6-1.
Ron Hainsey scores 6 goals.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:29 AM
Tdoe42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
Great job.

Im gonna start 2 Extra Go Jets Go Chants because of this post!!

Old
01-27-2013, 10:34 AM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
YWG Wow!

Have to echo stej.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:34 AM
TCsmyth

YWG...jets at isles? Let's take the last change and the crowd!

By the way, have you made it to a game yet?

Old
01-27-2013, 10:40 AM
Conflicted Habs fan

How to win:
You gotta zig when they zag, aim for the low stick side, outrun the trap, backcheck their forecheck, dump and chase, and use the flying W formation!

Closed Thread