HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #5: vs St. Louis, 1.26 (7:00 PM, Fox Sports Southwest, 1310 AM, 104.1 FM)

Old
01-26-2013, 10:48 PM
StarsFan74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undecided View Post
Eh.
Rough, but expected no points in the first place.
Fair effort throughout the game, and great effort in the end.
The only big gaffe that stuck out to me was Benn's giveaway.
Morrow did pretty well.
Columbus is a huge opportunity to grab a win.

A definite must-win.
We'd better not take them lightly. Razor hinted that Benn's visa might not clear in time to play on Monday.

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:05 PM
sbet1998

vCash: 711
Good game, fellas. I read some stuff about you guys thinking that the Blues were going to win this easy. Its never easy on the road. Knew it would be tough. I think you guys have a better team than you think. Dallas played a hard, structured game tonight. Good luck.

sbet1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:37 PM
KiedisA

I saw the game and I tell you what, we don't end up without points with Benn and Jagr.. The signs are good, roll on Columbus and specially Detroit..!

KiedisA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:04 AM
Shady12
12-13 FGotG Champion

Can't feel too bad about this one..going in this looked like it could be one of those ugly 5-1 type games...Or lose by a touchdown like Florida did.

Shady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:43 AM
Oshie97

Good game guys, was impressed with Nilstorp. He made some damm good saves and hung in there when injured. I hope he won't be out for long.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 01:38 AM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Can someone find the ice time stats per player for this game by period? My question is how much did Morrow play in the 1st period because it seemed like he wasn't out there much and the kids played pretty darn well. There's probably a correlation of less Morrow ice time equals better overall play.

Wandell is a massive black hole of suckage. Good lord offense dies on his stick. If Benn can't go Monday and Roy is still out I hope Sceviour is between Eriksson and Smith because Wandell didn't help them at all.

Eakin is a little beast. Still not really sure of his actual skill set but damn does he motor out there with drive and effort. When everyone's healthy I'd love to see Smith-Eakin-Vincour out work the competition.

The kids are going to take penalties. I've accepted that though Smith's was bs, still they are soooo much better than watching Morrow and Wandell look lost. There's room on this squad for both Sceviour and Vincour and I hope they get the opportunity to stay up.

Eriksson wasn't his usual self tonight. Daley had a bad game. Morrow had a worse game. How has Goligoski become this bad? Robidas didn't do anyone any favors and Nilstorp was decent but not great and I hope he's not injured too badly.

The better team won but at least there was drive and desire at times from the Stars. That hasn't been the case in two of the previous four games.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:25 AM
HatchtrickBateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
Eriksson wasn't his usual self tonight. Daley had a bad game. Morrow had a worse game. How has Goligoski become this bad? Robidas didn't do anyone any favors and Nilstorp was decent but not great and I hope he's not injured too badly.

The better team won but at least there was drive and desire at times from the Stars. That hasn't been the case in two of the previous four games.
Actually thought the bolded two had a decent game. They can be your whipping boys when they play bad but tonight I thought they looked much better than the last few. Particularly Morrow, he actually won quite a few puck battles and his centering pass was a beaut... I've come to the realization that these two are under a microscope on these boards. Everything they do is magnified 100x more than anyone else now. Not saying they played great, but I'm sure you can look bad and find a few guys on the roster who played worse, that will go unmentioned.. just my .02

HatchtrickBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:27 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchtrickBateman View Post
Actually thought the bolded two had a decent game. They can be your whipping boys when they play bad but tonight I thought they looked much better than the last few. Particularly Morrow
Agreed tonight.

Well Morrow at least. Without a doubt his best game of the season. Actually looked like he cared and had passion in him again.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:03 AM
SonicSpeedDash
20% Cooler

Good thing i was at a birthday party, i caught the last few minutes of the game and couldn't take it anymore so i drank my sorrows away with this one.

Morrow is just...**** i can't describe how worthless him and Robiduh are. Don't care of Morrow made one good play, it doesn't make up for the rest of his screw ups.

SonicSpeedDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:13 AM
HatchtrickBateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSpeed View Post
Good thing i was at a birthday party, i caught the last few minutes of the game and couldn't take it anymore so i drank my sorrows away with this one.

Morrow is just...**** i can't describe how worthless him and Robiduh are. Don't care of Morrow made one good play, it doesn't make up for the rest of his screw ups.
How many screw ups did you honestly see from him tonight? I really am not trying to argue about this kind of stuff but I feel like tonight wasn't a bad performance from him. Basically if we get a loss, it's on those two....

HatchtrickBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:34 AM
SonicSpeedDash
20% Cooler

Quote:
How many screw ups did you honestly see from him tonight? I really am not trying to argue about this kind of stuff but I feel like tonight wasn't a bad performance from him. Basically if we get a loss, it's on those two....
Ok i'll give you that, i only caught one or two mess ups. But its just over the years its been like that.

Sorry i am tipsy right now so...

SonicSpeedDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:51 AM
cupwatcher2014

Quote:
Morrow was a minus 3 going into the third. I saw screw ups by Morrow on at least 2 of those goals. I saw him have 1 good play, and then he is given all sorts of ice time, even replacing Ryder in the last push to score at the end. Every time Ryder is on the ice there is at least an opportunity created. Every time Morrow is on the ice, I fear that we are going to be scored on. Yet, he replaces Ryder in crucial seconds? WTF??

cupwatcher2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:19 AM
ginblossoms

Send a message via ICQ to ginblossoms
missed the first period, but a few things i noticed...

morrow played well for the most part w/ <10 minutes played (and just secondary pp minutes). didn't like his token defense on perron's game-tier.

rome, after one game, is bad. hopefully it's just rust, but his awareness was basically nonexistent.

daley had a bad game. maybe rome influencing him than vice versa.

garbutt seems to bring it every game. almost the ideal 4th liner. works hard, doesn't get beat that often, and actually has a decent shot that he gets off with regularity.

as a bit of a goligoski apologist, i can't stop denying anymore that his defensive awareness is noticeably deficient, particularly for a supposed top pairing dman. still bullish on his offensive skills, though.

robidas wasn't horrible this game. would have appreciated a bit more aggression on perron's second goal. and i still do get a little nervous when he and goose are passing back and forth in the stars zone...

... speaking of, i'm not as nervous when dillon and benn are doing the same. their passes to each other seem much more crisper, on the tape, ready for the ultimate breakout pass.

ginblossoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Elysian
@AdamBath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginblossoms View Post
missed the first period, but a few things i noticed...

morrow played well for the most part w/ <10 minutes played (and just secondary pp minutes). didn't like his token defense on perron's game-tier.

rome, after one game, is bad. hopefully it's just rust, but his awareness was basically nonexistent.

daley had a bad game. maybe rome influencing him than vice versa.

garbutt seems to bring it every game. almost the ideal 4th liner. works hard, doesn't get beat that often, and actually has a decent shot that he gets off with regularity.

as a bit of a goligoski apologist, i can't stop denying anymore that his defensive awareness is noticeably deficient, particularly for a supposed top pairing dman. still bullish on his offensive skills, though.

robidas wasn't horrible this game. would have appreciated a bit more aggression on perron's second goal. and i still do get a little nervous when he and goose are passing back and forth in the stars zone...

... speaking of, i'm not as nervous when dillon and benn are doing the same. their passes to each other seem much more crisper, on the tape, ready for the ultimate breakout pass.
I like a Garbutt and Vincour 4th line, unfortunately I don't like it centered by Wandell.

Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:11 PM
CRSeven
Ballon d'Or 2013

I thought Jordie Benn played extremely well. He's been solid these past few games.

CRSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:18 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

The second Perron goal didn't cover Morrow in glory. I'm also going to point out that Morrow was in position to get back to that puck to pass it to Garbutt because he's the slowest guy on the ice. Everyone else was transitioning out of the zone and the St. Louis defender was breaking toward his own blue line when they turned the puck over. Morrow had to take two steps and still had a step on the defender when Garbutt broke in. So both players were wide open for a bang-bang play. Good on Morrow for seeing Garbutt and making the pass but it wasn't a difficult pass or play.

In this case his lack of foot speed helped as he was basically right there to make an easy pass to the breaking winger. In other situations his lack of foot speed puts him behind the play or makes him unable to get to his man.

Go watch that first period again. He had like 3 minutes of ice time with none on the power play or penalty kill and thus the Stars were very, very good. Then go watch the 2nd period when he was out there for every St. Louis goal and tell me he's not a problem. One good play doesn't negate the fact that the other team is far more likely to score when he's on the ice.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:43 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAlex916 View Post
I thought Jordie Benn played extremely well. He's been solid these past few games.
He's been a pleasant surprise, doesn't look like a #6/7. I don't think he's got much higher upside than a #5 but if he continues to play like this we may have found an actual player in our habit of signing relatives of our stars.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 01:06 PM
Nemeth
Mo Money Mo Problems

I thought Benn had a fairly solid game, and I think Goligoski will bounce back. Would be nice to see Oleksiak get called up.

A Dillon-Oleksiak pairing would be physically intimidating, but likely not effective.

The way I see it now, we have depth in the backend with:

Dillon, Oleksiak, Daley, Goligoski, and Larsen

Nemeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 01:12 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Goligoski needs a guy like Oleksiak paired with him. Gonna leave the door open for him until he fails playing with someone other than Robidas.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote