HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#67 Wolverine: Day-to-day (UPD: Might play Sunday)

Old
01-27-2013, 11:01 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Emergency Life-saving surgery? NO EXCUSES!!!

Kidding. I hope he gets well in record time. He was the lone bright spot on that top line so far.

I hope Eller can do well on those top 2 lines for this time period.
Eller?

Eller can't play wing if his life depended on it. It's Galchenyuk's spot, IMO.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:01 AM
BLONG7

Brutal news........

BLONG7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:03 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I think it's clear that Patches only wants to sit and collect insurance money from the Habs.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:05 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I think it's clear that Patches only wants to sit and collect insurance money from the Habs.
Clearly Don Meehan is tampering with player's appendix while they sleep, slowly but surely, to force a roster opening for PK Subban and for Marc Bergevin to cave in to contractual demands.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:08 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
And send it back to Russia.

He has a Russian wife, right? Coincidence, I think not.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:17 AM
MrExpos

Pacioretty? oh wait I know that name...

herd mtl ppl call the 911 and the police lolzzzzzzz

Am I doing this right?

Seriously, hope he's back on the ice as quickly as possible and 100%. This team will need him badly if they want to be some sort of competitive this year.

MrExpos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:29 AM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Eller?

Eller played how many games on wing in the NHL? I don't have the exact answer but I know the sample is too small for us to write him off as a winger.

In fact, I think his future in the NHL is on wings.

Anyhow, "No excuses"; this is a huge opportunity for Eller.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:32 AM
pcamp

I hope the lineup eventually becomes
Desharnais-Galchenyuk-Cole
Prust-Eller-Gallagher

pcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:34 AM

Bros,

Since a lot of people here are discussing the surgeries they have had, I thought I would ask a medical related question here even if it's off-topic. I just got confirmation that a bone in my hand is fractured (the one after the pinky finger to be more precise, I think they call this a Boxer's fracture). Doctor told me that I should get a call from Maisonneuve-Rosemont to schedule a rendezvous with a plastic surgeon so he can evaluate if I should get a surgery or not.

My question is: how long would I have to wait to get this surgery? Probably months or a year right?

Sorry for the off-topic mods. Please don't ban me.

68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:58 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Eller?

Eller played wing for like one game? And he didn't even finish the game on the wing.
He also played on Plek's wing, versus top opponents. Not an easy thing.

This will be the first time he gets to play a true offensive role though versus weaker opponents, with two capable wingers.

Gally hasn't been all that impressive. I mean, he didn't look bad in any games, but he didn't particularly look like an offensive threat either. I think keeping him with Gallagher and have a big brother type like Prust with them so they don't get pushed around easily is the right way to break him in. Give him time to get more comfortable, and then re-evaluate. No need to rush him in.
Of course, if the Eller-DD-Cole line does nothing, than things could change.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:04 PM
Milhouse40

Well, after 3 games the Plekanec line are doing really well
The Galchenyuk line did good...better than expected
The Desharnais line didn't even score a goal in 3 games yet....

What went well this year so far?....not the Desharnais line (did DD won at least one battle one on one....not sure)

Now let's put a natural center (Eller) with DD and Cole?
No no, let's put another natural center with them (Galchenyuk)?

Sorry, but i'll try to work with something that went well so far:

Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Gallagher - Galchenyuk - Cole
Prust - Desharnais - Eller

Only my 2 cents here...

Milhouse40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:04 PM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:
Eller?

Jumping to conclusions much? This kid hasn't seen much NHL time on the wings, let alone with talented players. How bout you at least give him a shot before you tell him he can't do it. What better time than now?

disturbedraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:08 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedraven View Post
Jumping to conclusions much? This kid hasn't seen much NHL time on the wings, let alone with talented players. How bout you at least give him a shot before you tell him he can't do it. What better time than now?
I'd rather see Galchenyuk there. More offensive upside.

Gally has played LW almost all season, he is prepared to play that position more than anyone.

How do you justify taking someone from the press box and putting him on the first line? Why was he sitting in the press box?

Old
01-27-2013, 12:15 PM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:

Gally has played LW almost all season, he is prepared to play that position more than anyone.

How do you justify taking someone from the press box and putting him on the first line? Why was he sitting in the press box?
I don't argue that Gally may look nice on that line, but putting Eller there and seeing what he can do won't hurt the team. At some point the kid needs a chance, Gally will get his. That 1st line has been mostly crap to start the season, it won't hurt to give Eller a shot, writing off his talent without giving him a shot is just wasting him. You don't have a 4 goal game in the NHL without having some skill, whether Gally will be better him or not.

I can easily justify it since it's happens all the time for every team. How many times was Kovalev sat as a healthy scratch for us and then put back in to 1st line minutes? Eller wasn't playing "bad", he wasn't putting enough effort in. Making him a healthy scratch just may be the fire he needs under his ass to prove himself. You don't know, none of us do. the only way to find out is to try it. That's how most lineups find players who have chemistry together, experiments.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:19 PM
HomaridII

Max Pacioretty ‏@MaxPacioretty67
Thanks for the support fans, just a small bump in the road , but can't wait to get back to playing soon.. #habs

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:19 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
I don't argue that Gally may look nice on that line, but putting Eller there and seeing what he can do won't hurt the team. At some point the kid needs a chance, Gally will get his. That 1st line has been mostly crap to start the season, it won't hurt to give Eller a shot, writing off his talent without giving him a shot is just wasting him. You don't have a 4 goal game in the NHL without having some skill, whether Gally will be better him or not.

I can easily justify it since it's happens all the time for every team. How many times was Kovalev sat as a healthy scratch for us and then put back in to 1st line minutes? Eller wasn't playing "bad", he wasn't putting enough effort in. Making him a healthy scratch just may be the fire he needs under his ass to prove himself. You don't know, none of us do. the only way to find out is to try it. That's how most lineups find players who have chemistry together, experiments.
I don't disagree with this.

I just don't think Eller fits that role moving forward. I think he can be an elite 3rd line centerman for us, maybe 2nd line. I just don't know if he has the vision or consistency required to fit that role on a regular basis.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:23 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Max Pacioretty ‏@MaxPacioretty67
Thanks for the support fans, just a small bump in the road , but can't wait to get back to playing soon.. #habs
Somewhere Dr. Recchi is fuming.

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Somewhere Dr. Recchi is fuming.
Obviously you can't tweet after an appendicectomie, he must be faking it

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushin Joo View Post
Has there every been a season when at least one important player didn't miss significant time? 07-08 maybe?
Even then, Koivu and the traitor got hurt in the final games and it affected them in the playoffs.

Quote:

Gally on LW with DD and Cole would only really work if they let Gally be the main puck carrier, IMO. Which I doubt happens.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Et le But

Quote:

I just don't think Eller fits that role moving forward. I think he can be an elite 3rd line centerman for us, maybe 2nd line. I just don't know if he has the vision or consistency required to fit that role on a regular basis.
Hard to say what Eller's ceiling is until they show faith in his offensive abilities. It would take a real special player to be an offensive force with Eller's usage. I agree I'm not convinced about his ability to play wing, but at this point it can't hurt, and I'm not sure it's a good idea to put Gally with DD and Cole while they suck.

Of course Gally (I refuse to call him Chucky) has a significantly higher ceiling.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:29 PM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:

He may not, but the only way to know is to at least give him a shot. I think it's likely safe to say he isn't a 1st line quality forward on a winning team, but, same could be said for all three members of our 1st line. So giving him a shot won't hurt. If he shows he can play the wing with skilled players then he could "maybe" be a solid 2nd line winger if he shows he can play the role. I don't have an issue with him as a solid 3rd line center, but, since this a season where our management and coaches want to evaluate players, it makes sense plugging him in where Pac was and see how we does. Remember, sometimes chemistry is better than skill.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:31 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
He may not, but the only way to know is to at least give him a shot. I think it's likely safe to say he isn't a 1st line quality forward on a winning team, but, same could be said for all three members of our 1st line. So giving him a shot won't hurt. If he shows he can play the wing with skilled players then he could "maybe" be a solid 2nd line winger if he shows he can play the role. I don't have an issue with him as a solid 3rd line center, but, since this a season where our management and coaches want to evaluate players, it makes sense plugging him in where Pac was and see how we does. Remember, sometimes chemistry is better than skill.
It doesn't hurt at all.

I'd be willing to bet some vCash that Gally ends up replacing him on that line before Patches comes back though....

Old
01-27-2013, 12:39 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
The same way you would justify putting a kid from Juniors or the AHL on the top 2 lines.
Because that's where they should play. Remember MaxPac's comments? If you don't play me on the top 2 lines, leave me in the AHL.
Eller has never been given a chance to play on the top 2 lines. I believe it happened once or twice, for a very limited time, not even finishing the games there. If I recall correctly, in one game, he played a shift only there and was pushed back down to 3rd.

You want Eller to show what he can do in a more offensive role?? Well, put in him one. Don't expect him to break out playing on the 3rd line with defensive duties getting zero PP minutes.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:42 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

Knowing Patches and his superhuman recovery abilities, he'll be back in two weeks.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:43 PM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:
It doesn't hurt at all.

I'd be willing to bet some vCash that Gally ends up replacing him on that line before Patches comes back though....
He probably will, especially if he sticks with the team. But as MT said he is trying to protect the young guys, to not put them in tough matchups. So it's probably likely that we will see both have some time with DD and Cole