Your Defining Wrestling Moments

Old
01-26-2013, 11:04 AM
Marf

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=FromTheSide;58371415]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marf View Post
- Austin ripping off Steph's shirt (couldn't believe the boss' daughter would be exposed)

Huh? When the hell did this happen
I can't even remember the exact time frame. I just remember he was being an ass to Steph and she had to do what he said or something. So he made her wear one of those concession trays things with all the snacks and later on they were in the ring and she was *****ing at him about it. So he said she could take it off and she was trying to put got stuck so he went to help her but it ripped her shirt off with it. Totally blew my mind at the time.

Marf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:58 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

BackGroundMusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Disclose

definitely HBK breaking with Jenetty.
The Snake biting on Macho Man's arm has to be my most holy **** moments as a kid.
One other spot i loved besides the obvious Hell in a cell moments, was Angle vs Shane in a King of the ring PPV.... that was crazy intense lol. I remember angle trying to put him through a glass several times and it wasnt just working. He kept bouncing on the glass and on the floor. it was so good.

Disclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:38 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

-Hulk Hogan winning his first WWF title
-WrestleMania I
-Hulk Hogan bodyslams and pins Andre the Giant at WrestleMania III
-Ultimate Warrior vs Hulk Hogan in 1990 Royal Rumble
-Formation of the NWO at 1996 Bash at the Beach
-Montreal Screwjob
-Vince McMahnon buys WCW

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:21 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disclose View Post
The Snake biting on Macho Man's arm has to be my most holy **** moments as a kid.
I had forgotten about that, somehow. I totally agree. That freaked me the hell out.

BackGroundMusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 01:05 AM
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style

Montreal Screwjob

Shane Douglas throwing down the NWA World's Heavyweight Championship and proclaiming himself the ECW World Heavyweight Champion

Steve Austin defeating Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania XIV for the WWF Championship

Steve Austin's blood-covered face as he screams while in the Sharpshooter vs Bret Hart at Wrestlemania 13

Edge's spear off a ladder to Jeff Hardy who was hanging from the Tag Title belts down to the mat at Wrestlemania X-Seven

The final Nitro where Vince appeared on WCW Television announcing that he had "bought his competition"

Steve Austin's promo at King of the Ring 1996 "Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16...Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass"

Goldberg's first loss to Kevin Nash at Starrcade 1998 (Not a fan of the finish, but I was so sick of Goldberg at this point I was just hoping he'd lose in some way, shape, or form)

Bret Hart becoming the first ever 5 time WWF Champion

Shinsuke Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 01:30 AM
CaptainCrunch67

hmm

The Montreal Screwjob
Hogan joins the NWO
Austin 3:16
Randy Savage destroys Ricky Steamboat with the ring bell

And the winner

I was sitting in the crowd at the Stampede Pavilion watching the returning British Bulldogs facing off against Karachi Vice. 10 minutes into the match I think Gamma Singh hit Dynamite Kid in the back, Kid turned around and saw Davey Boy Smith standing there and Dynamite lost the match.

Later in the night Davey Boy was in a singles match and was getting beaten down by Karachi Vice. Dynamite comes down to help out his partner but instead suckers Davey Boy and then comes off of the top rope with a heavy chain busting his former tag team partner open. This sparked an incredibly bloody feud and was one of the last great runs by the Dynamite Kid. What we didn't know was that there were real life problems and hatred between Smith and Billington that caused the breakup of one of the great tag teams.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:58 AM
Oil Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
What a fantastic topic!

The Dynamite Kid/ Tiger Mask series in what remains the bar for every single match going in the current wrestling landscape. The impact and grace of two of the most gifted wrestlers ever to hit the squared circle even to this day is ashtonishing to watch.The Montreal Screwjob and the dressing down of Bret Hart in front of a national audience remains one of the greatest accomplishments in wrestling history. It is comedic gold, to say the least.

Chris Benoit killing his family in cold blood is also up there considering the after math has regulated un needed brutality to get over.

Hogan -Andre

Bruno- Superstar

Rock- Hogan

Any Kobashi match from the 90's.
The Dynamite/Tiger Mask matches truly do stand the test of time , phenominal.

Goldberg/Lesnar match at Wrestlemania is another one I will never forget , not because it was a good match but because of the crowd reaction , never seen anything like it at the time.

Oil Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:07 AM
Foy

Kurt Angle's big face run after 9/11 culminating in the Milk Truck
Jericho beating Austin and the Rock in the same night
Christian and Trish turning on Jericho
Benoit beating HHH and HBK at the same Wrestlemania
Flair's last match
Punk's Vegas promo/HiaC in Chicago last summer.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:38 AM
Rocko604

In no particular order:
Wrestlmania 5
Austin 3:16
Jericho's WWF debut
Montreal Screwjob
Mankind off the Hell in a Cell
Rock vs. Mankind I Quit Match
Goldberg beating Hogan
Attitude Era DX. All of it.
Stone Cold and the Beer Truck
Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold WM13
Punk's shoot, win, and return in 2011.

Rocko604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:44 AM
Ozz

Not "defining" but memorable all these years and still one of my favorite moments. I was 7 when this happened, and I loved Demolition:

Entrants nos. 1 & 2:

Ozz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:07 AM
Bad News Bears
MACHADO ABOUT NOTHIN

I'd like to add -

Shane'O'Mac doing anything. He was an awesome character, either as a suck-up to his dad, or as a rebellious son, or even as a businessman. Within the context of matches, maybe 2nd only to Mick Foley in terms of full-on hardcore spots in the WWE/F.

Bad News Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:34 AM
BGDDYKWL

Cool thread. I think all of mine have been mentioned. Lol. Don't know if I remember one specific moment (because I was so young) but the stuff with Hogan, Piper, and Mr T. was really cool to me at the time. Then Hogan-Andre. Also Hogan-Warrior. When Scott Hall first appeared on Nitro. When Nash beat Goldberg. I SO wanted that streak to end, and I liked Nash, so it was perfect. Seeing Mankind get thrown off the cell was just amazing. I could not believe that when I saw it.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:49 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Cena winning the Rumble last night.

Big Poppa Puck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:43 AM
Senateurs
No rispek!!

80's-90's wrestling:

Steamboat-Savage WM3
Andre the Giant having a hart attack when Jake Roberts put Damien on him
Brain Busters winning the belt against Demolition
Bret @ KOTR (best performance ever by a wrestler)
Owen-Bret
Cobra biting Savage on the arm
Undertaker debut

Attitude era:
Bret-Stone Cold I quit match
Taker-Mankind HIAC
Rock-Mankind I quit match
The Edge spear off the tall ladder but every TLC or ladder matches involving the Edge & Christian, Dudleys & Hardys were awesome.

PG era:
Nothing, it sucks

Senateurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:46 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
Cena winning the Rumble last night.
i hate you...

(kinda)

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:50 AM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad News Bears View Post
I'd like to add -

Shane'O'Mac doing anything. He was an awesome character, either as a suck-up to his dad, or as a rebellious son, or even as a businessman. Within the context of matches, maybe 2nd only to Mick Foley in terms of full-on hardcore spots in the WWE/F.
Agreed completely. Two of my favorite matches are Vince/Shane at WM X-7, and Shane/Kurt at King of the Ring in June 2001.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:53 AM
Senateurs
No rispek!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
Agreed completely. Two of my favorite matches are Vince/Shane at WM X-7, and Shane/Kurt at King of the Ring in June 2001.
Underrated is the Shane Vs Test match at Summerslam.

Senateurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:13 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
-Hogan vs Warrior at WM
-Hart vs British Bulldog at Wembley
-HBK vs Razor Ramon at Mania
-HBK vs Hart Iron Man Match at Mania
-Taker vs Mankind Hell in a Cell
-Austin vs HBK at Mania
-DX reformation after Mania

y2kcanucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 04:32 PM
UnrealMachine

Quote:
The Dynamite Kid/ Tiger Mask series in what remains the bar for every single match going in the current wrestling landscape. The impact and grace of two of the most gifted wrestlers ever to hit the squared circle even to this day is ashtonishing to watch.
Great call. This was (slightly) before my time, but my friends and I get together on a regular basis to watch classic wrestling matches and I nominated one of their matches recently. Here is the list of matches we have watched: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...J14/edit?pli=1

As for defining moments, I'll try to keep this personal:

1. Wrestlemania 2 ad - This is my first wrestling memory that I can still vividly remember.
2. Randy Savage vs. Tito Santana (2/24/86) - First match that I can remember watching (there were others, but this is my earliest memory). I remember crying in bed about the ending.
3. Savage crushing Steamboat's larynx. Totally horrified me.
4. Hart Foundation defeating British Bulldogs via Danny Davis. Again, tears.
5. Formation of the Mega Powers.
6. Monday Night RAW on USA Network. I didn't have cable tv so this signaled the first (93-96) of the many wrestling hiatus' that I have taken.
7. Hogan joining the NWO (first time I ever seriously considered WCW).

UnrealMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 04:59 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealMachine View Post
Great call. This was (slightly) before my time, but my friends and I get together on a regular basis to watch classic wrestling matches and I nominated one of their matches recently. Here is the list of matches we have watched: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...J14/edit?pli=1

As for defining moments, I'll try to keep this personal:

1. Wrestlemania 2 ad - This is my first wrestling memory that I can still vividly remember.
2. Randy Savage vs. Tito Santana (2/24/86) - First match that I can remember watching (there were others, but this is my earliest memory). I remember crying in bed about the ending.
3. Savage crushing Steamboat's larynx. Totally horrified me.
4. Hart Foundation defeating British Bulldogs via Danny Davis. Again, tears.
5. Formation of the Mega Powers.
6. Monday Night RAW on USA Network. I didn't have cable tv so this signaled the first (93-96) of the many wrestling hiatus' that I have taken.
7. Hogan joining the NWO (first time I ever seriously considered WCW).

There is alot of great matches on that list.

You wouldnt happen to have the match were the Japanese girl had to cut her own hair off after she lost in there, do you?

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:18 PM
UnrealMachine

Quote:
There is alot of great matches on that list.

You wouldnt happen to have the match were the Japanese girl had to cut her own hair off after she lost in there, do you?
I believe you are talking about Chigusa Nagayo vs. Dump Matsumoto: Hair vs. Hair - AJW, August 28, 1985. We watched that during the last Cinco de Mayo party. Fantastic match. I don't have a copy, but I could probably get one from someone in our clique. It's on youtube. Highly highly recommended match.

Old
01-28-2013, 05:27 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
I believe you are talking about Chigusa Nagayo vs. Dump Matsumoto: Hair vs. Hair - AJW, August 28, 1985. We watched that during the last Cinco de Mayo party. Fantastic match. I don't have a copy, but I could probably get one from someone in our clique. It's on youtube. Highly highly recommended match.

Thats it!!!

The Girls were so ahead of their time back then. The emotion of the crowd. The entire crowd as crying when she was cutting her hair off. Nagayo was so damn good.

Old
01-28-2013, 05:36 PM
UnrealMachine

Quote:
Thats it!!!

The Girls were so ahead of their time back then. The emotion of the crowd. The entire crowd as crying when she was cutting her hair off. Nagayo was so damn good.
Interesting that you would mention that. When we watched it I had no knowledge about the match going in, and, from the aesthetics/quality of the video plus the sheer level of violence, I was under the impression that it was from the mid/late 90's. Afterwards, when they told me it was from 1985 my mind was blown and I honestly didn't believe them until I looked it up myself.

Old
01-28-2013, 05:42 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Interesting that you would mention that. When we watched it I had no knowledge about the match going in, and, from the aesthetics/quality of the video plus the sheer level of violence, I was under the impression that it was from the mid/late 90's. Afterwards, when they told me it was from 1985 my mind was blown and I honestly didn't believe them until I looked it up myself.
Around that time frame Meltzer was going off about the girls in Japan and how they were basicly on another level in terms of ring work. Now, this was when the E was in full Hulkamania mode. There was one tape made that was three hours long just filled with some of the best wrestling I have ever seen, one of which was a 60 minute broadway that was just spot after spot after spot with no rest holds, just a complete spot fest from the second it started until it ended and you could tell at the end they were both borderline stroke ready. I know Nagayo was on of the wrestlers in it.

I gotta find that tape.........