HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Which D-prospect would you give for Jaden Schwartz?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-27-2013, 02:37 AM
  #26
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
I haven't really followed him the past couple of years, how has he turned out? I remember he used to have a promising future.
He looks like he'll be solid second pairing guy. He had a rough start to the season, but he's improving as the rust gets shaken off. I don't think he'd be available without a young 2C coming the other way, and not a guy with the potential to be that - we have that already with Holland and Rakell.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 03:36 AM
  #27
Alklha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,454
vCash: 50
From a Blues fans perspective, I struggle to see how a move like this would make any sense. Our bottom 2 pairings are set, and we are looking for a partner for Pietrangelo. Moving Schwartz for a defensive prospect still leaves us in a similar position to where we are now with Cole.

Maybe in the summer, but most of the names being mentioned in this thread wouldn't be close.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 03:42 AM
  #28
SteenMachine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fenton, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,145
vCash: 500
Yeah but it's interesting to see what outsiders think of him at this stage in his career and what his value could possibly be if the Blues become buyers or want to replenish the d-man side of the prospect pool with so many wingers.

SteenMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:11 AM
  #29
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!
 
Tender Rip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Shanghai, China
Posts: 12,293
vCash: 500
Not Joe Morrow, but otherwise I'd have no issue with dealing any Pens prospect. Valuewise I would say Despres should be more than fair.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:31 AM
  #30
Calad
Section 422
 
Calad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,034
vCash: 500
Dylan McIlrath

Calad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:49 AM
  #31
stlblues9
Registered User
 
stlblues9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,681
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
From a Blues fans perspective, I struggle to see how a move like this would make any sense. Our bottom 2 pairings are set, and we are looking for a partner for Pietrangelo. Moving Schwartz for a defensive prospect still leaves us in a similar position to where we are now with Cole.

Maybe in the summer, but most of the names being mentioned in this thread wouldn't be close.
I agree, there isn't any need to do a trade right now. The Blues are rolling as it is and unless it is a first pairing potential d then it makes no sense to do. Most of the defenseman in this thread aren't first pairing potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
Not Joe Morrow, but otherwise I'd have no issue with dealing any Pens prospect. Valuewise I would say Despres should be more than fair.
I've read on this board that Despres hasn't been progressing as hoped.

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:52 AM
  #32
stlblues9
Registered User
 
stlblues9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,681
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
He looks like he'll be solid second pairing guy. He had a rough start to the season, but he's improving as the rust gets shaken off. I don't think he'd be available without a young 2C coming the other way, and not a guy with the potential to be that - we have that already with Holland and Rakell.
Blues don't really have a young 2C. All they really have are wingers (Rattie, Jaskin, Schwartz, Tarasenko) so that wouldn't work. St. Louis is fine up the middle right now but they have absolutely no room to move a center.

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:17 AM
  #33
Domino11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 702
vCash: 500
How about Beaulieu ???

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:30 AM
  #34
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino11 View Post
How about Beaulieu ???
How about no. Habs have Beaulieu as the only left-handed replacement for Markov and Kaberle.

Mcllrath would be usefull in St. Louis. Their overall toughness isn't what it was last season with Crombeen and Winchester gone. That D core looks pretty soft aswell.

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:03 AM
  #35
dan1el
Registered User
 
dan1el's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,709
vCash: 500
Ya I'd do Ceci for Schwartz, we might have to add though.

dan1el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:51 AM
  #36
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
From a Blues fans perspective, I struggle to see how a move like this would make any sense. Our bottom 2 pairings are set, and we are looking for a partner for Pietrangelo. Moving Schwartz for a defensive prospect still leaves us in a similar position to where we are now with Cole.

Maybe in the summer, but most of the names being mentioned in this thread wouldn't be close.
You make good points, but there are a few of the names tossed out in this thread that I, personally, find appealing... starting with Cody Ceci.

A first round pick (15th overall 2012) with excellent size (6' 3, 205), Ceci was recently traded in the OHL from Ottawa to Owen Sound, so he's playing in front of Jordan Binnington... which means that the Blues will be able to get a pretty good look at him, since I'm sure they have someone looking in on Binnington pretty regularly.

Only downside is that he's a right-hand shot, but he's a talent.

For lefties, I'd be willing to consider Hampus Lindholm. He's also a first-round pick (6th overall in 2012) and has been playing in the AHL at age 18 (just turned 19 on Jan. 20). He's got comparable size to Ceci at 6' 3, 196, and is more of a stay-at-home defender. He's currently out of the Norfolk lineup with a concussion, though, and with two of our own 2012 draftees -- Tyrel Seaman and Mackenzie Maceachern -- also having concussion issues, that concerns me a bit.

An offer of Schwartz straight up for either Ceci or Lindholm would at least get me talking, if I were the GM in Ottawa or Anaheim. I would definitely want to have a clean bill of health on Lindholm before I went past the initial interest stage, though...


Last edited by Prussian_Blue: 01-27-2013 at 10:59 AM. Reason: corrected typo in "Binnington."
Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:57 AM
  #37
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Mcllrath would be usefull in St. Louis. Their overall toughness isn't what it was last season with Crombeen and Winchester gone.
Winchester added virtually nothing to the team's "overall toughness," and they still have Ryan Reaves, who more than makes up for the loss of both Crombeen and Winchester. Plus Cody Beach and Yannick Veilleux coming up through the system.

If you think the Blues would trade a promising offensive prospect like Schwartz straight up for a one-dimensional defenseman like McIlrath, you're dreaming. NYR would be adding, significantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
That D core looks pretty soft aswell.
Tell ya what, bro... go one-on-one with Roman Polak sometime, and tell me how "soft" he is. Or Ian Cole. Or Barrett Jackman. Or even Alex Pietrangelo. Just because Pietrangelo doesn't fight, doesn't mean he can't...


Last edited by Prussian_Blue: 01-27-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:43 AM
  #38
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 42,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
I've read on this board that Despres hasn't been progressing as hoped.
This board gets some weird ideas when it starts microanalizing.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:53 AM
  #39
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 13,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
This board gets some weird ideas when it starts microanalizing.
Yep. Despres has had a few ups and downs but nothing really alarming. Still a very good prospect with a fairly high ceiling.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:05 PM
  #40
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march
 
PensBandwagonerNo272's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,796
vCash: 450
Despres, Maata, 2nd.

PensBandwagonerNo272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 01:40 PM
  #41
Bluesnatic27
Registered User
 
Bluesnatic27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensBandwagonerNo272 View Post
Despres, Maata, 2nd.
I would do it, but I think this is an overpayment from Pittsburgh.

Bluesnatic27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 01:54 PM
  #42
candyman82
Registered User
 
candyman82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 2,420
vCash: 500
David Savard?

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 01:57 PM
  #43
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne
 
Oberyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensBandwagonerNo272 View Post
Despres, Maata, 2nd.
Done.

Pens would be stupid to do it though.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:08 PM
  #44
kongt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
Unrelated to this thread, but, as a Canuck fan and a relatively new hockey fan, I can't understand how Schwartz is so sought after while our Schroeder is like non prospect. Both are first year short centre that are pass first.

Maybe it's our development of Schroeder down in the AHL which didn't show lots flashy stats?

kongt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:14 PM
  #45
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White
 
IcedCapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
Tell ya what, bro... go one-on-one with Roman Polak sometime, and tell me how "soft" he is. Or Ian Cole. Or Barrett Jackman. Or even Alex Pietrangelo. Just because Pietrangelo doesn't fight, doesn't mean he can't...
I'm not calling any one soft or whatever, but this is a bad argument against it. Paul Martin would manhandle 102% of the posters on this board.

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:19 PM
  #46
Alklha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,454
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kongt View Post
Unrelated to this thread, but, as a Canuck fan and a relatively new hockey fan, I can't understand how Schwartz is so sought after while our Schroeder is like non prospect. Both are first year short centre that are pass first.

Maybe it's our development of Schroeder down in the AHL which didn't show lots flashy stats?
He is 2 years younger and a better player.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:40 PM
  #47
CNote
Get 'er done
 
CNote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Toronto, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,650
vCash: 500
You Blues fans have some excellent avatars!!

CNote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 03:22 PM
  #48
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I'm not calling any one soft or whatever, but this is a bad argument against it. Paul Martin would manhandle 102% of the posters on this board.
No, really?

Of course an NHL player would "manhandle 102% of the posters on this board." I'm just saying that anyone who thinks the Blues' defense core is "soft," doesn't know jack about the Blues.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 03:53 PM
  #49
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Brady Skjei + 2nd.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:00 PM
  #50
Vladys Gumption
Moderator
Trap City
 
Vladys Gumption's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 6,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
How about no. Habs have Beaulieu as the only left-handed replacement for Markov and Kaberle.

Mcllrath would be usefull in St. Louis. Their overall toughness isn't what it was last season with Crombeen and Winchester gone. That D core looks pretty soft aswell.
McIlrath would be useless. He's right handed first of all, which we don't need. And he's a one-dimensional defensive defenseman. The system hitch plays needs guys capable of using both ends.

Vladys Gumption is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.