HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* PK Subban talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) III

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2013, 01:11 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
Kane and Trouba for Subban, Moen and a 2013 2nd round pick(NAS) is a good deal for Jets fans?
Haha, not a chance, nope, none. Kane is our best forward right now and has actually been well behaved this season and seems to be fitting in with the group quite nicely this year. No way would the Jets trade their best forward and best D prospect in exchange for a holdout and other ancillary bits.

You should have tried to move for Kane prior to his signing for six years here. We have him now and its doubtful they plan to let him go over the near term basis his current efforts. Also doubtful they'd plan to move Trouba just after drafting him. The Jets are a team that is building around a young core via the draft. Kane is part of the young core and Trouba is a recent draftee.

No deal to be made here and it should be noted that the local reporter only speculated that the Jets have the assets required to get a deal done, NOT that they are in discussions as was claimed in error earlier in this thread.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:12 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post
That's actually kind of hilarious. What's so bad about him having a record label shaved into his head anyway?
The idea in itself isn't such a bad idea, but the fact that he took so much flack over the twitter picture of him holding all that cash. Then to go out and get this cut into his hair stinks of not giving a crap about anything but himself.

Might be just me though.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:12 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Kane and Trouba for Subban, Moen and a 2013 2nd round pick(NAS) is a good deal for Jets fans?

Kane and Subban are close in terms of value. Do you really think the Jets would trade a bluechip prospect for a pricey 4th line forward and a 2nd?

Old
01-27-2013, 01:16 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Haha, not a chance, nope, none. Kane is our best forward right now and has actually been well behaved this season and seems to be fitting in with the group quite nicely this year. No way would the Jets trade their best forward and best D prospect in exchange for a holdout and other ancillary bits.

You should have tried to move for Kane prior to his signing for six years here. We have him now and its doubtful they plan to let him go over the near term basis his current efforts. Also doubtful they'd plan to move Trouba just after drafting him. The Jets are a team that is building around a young core via the draft. Kane is part of the young core and Trouba is a recent draftee.

No deal to be made here and it should be noted that the local reporter only speculated that the Jets have the assets required to get a deal done, NOT that they are in discussions as was claimed in error earlier in this thread.
That's fine i like Kane but we don't need another attitude problem in mtl we have had our share of that and kind of always resulted in a trade. Subban is not a headcase he is just too emotional and tends to speak before thinking.

If the jets were to make and offer at least one of Scheifele, Trouba or Kane would have to be proposed for sure. You have to give to get.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
That's fine i like Kane but we don't need another attitude problem in mtl we have had our share of that and kind of always resulted in a trade. Subban is not a headcase he is just too emotional and tends to speak before thinking.

If the jets were to make and offer at least one of Scheifele, Trouba or Kane would have to be proposed for sure. You have to give to get.
Kane isn't really a problem here, despite what some would have you believe, he is just an immature kid; they'll give him time to mature.

The Jets are building right now, not on a Cup run, so no real need for them to give what you need in return, so no deal. Best case scenario would be an offer of Enstrom in exchange for a Subban signed to a similar 5 year term, because I suspect the Jets would prefer the size bump that Subban offers, but that would also really screw up the mix on the Jets D so I doubt even that would ever happen.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:46 PM
glenbuis

Why can't Montreal fans realize that if a big centerman was acquired by trading Subban that the surplus centers can be used in a trade to acquire a different defenceman. Plekanac, Eller and Desharnais are all decent but none of them really play a physical game. Galy was a nice start but we can improve the size down the middle more. Plekanac has a no trade clause so dd or eller can fetch us a decent defenceman in a package deal.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:51 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
Why can't Montreal fans realize that if a big centerman was acquired by trading Subban that the surplus centers can be used in a trade to acquire a different defenceman. Plekanac, Eller and Desharnais are all decent but none of them really play a physical game. Galy was a nice start but we can improve the size down the middle more. Plekanac has a no trade clause so dd or eller can fetch us a decent defenceman in a package deal.
Teams aren't usually in the habit of trading young game changing defenseman. In fact you have to be pretty stupid to do so, which a reason why trading Subban would be moronic.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:57 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Teams aren't usually in the habit of trading young game changing defenseman. In fact you have to be pretty stupid to do so, which a reason why trading Subban would be moronic.
Obtaining Couturier for Subban would hardly be moronic.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:03 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post

Kane and Subban are close in terms of value. Do you really think the Jets would trade a bluechip prospect for a pricey 4th line forward and a 2nd?
Exactly what I was thinking. But i saw this offer pretty often on this thread that I almost though Jets fans were ok with it.

Subban = Kane
Moen+2nd < Trouba

Last edited by spiny norman: 01-27-2013 at 04:12 PM. Reason: qdp
Old
01-27-2013, 02:05 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
Obtaining Couturier for Subban would hardly be moronic.
Do you consider Subban = a 3rd line center with potential to be more? Are you saying that there is a high chance Couturier will be a better player than Subban will be? Are you certain of this, because I'm not. In fact I would actually be stunned if he did.

Yes, trading Subban, a cornerstone of this franchise for a prospect would be moronic.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:09 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
The idea in itself isn't such a bad idea, but the fact that he took so much flack over the twitter picture of him holding all that cash. Then to go out and get this cut into his hair stinks of not giving a crap about anything but himself.

Might be just me though.
So the kid takes a picture with money in his hands, and has the initials of his favourite record label shaved into his head, and he doesn't care about anyone or anything but himself?

This gives him an attitude problem?

What on Earth are you on?

He's a bloody kid, FFS. When you were a teenager, you weren't into certain bands, and like money? It's called relativism. Relative to the times, he's just being a kid, which is EXACTLY what he is. Get off your soapbox. Let him be a kid. These kids have to grow up fast, and it's like people expect them not to have a little fun.

My word....

Old
01-27-2013, 02:12 PM
glasses91

Subban obviously wants to be a leaf...

Old
01-27-2013, 02:12 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Subban = Kane
Moen+2nd < Trouba
Not really; while their values as players may be similar in your eyes, Kane is signed to a six year deal while Subban is an unsigned RFA. Kane has more value as such.

Kane >> Subban in terms of value.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:13 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
So the kid takes a picture with money in his hands, and has the initials of his favourite record label shaved into his head, and he doesn't care about anyone or anything but himself?

This gives him an attitude problem?

What on Earth are you on?

He's a bloody kid, FFS. When you were a teenager, you weren't into certain bands, and like money? It's called relativism. Relative to the times, he's just being a kid, which is EXACTLY what he is. Get off your soapbox. Let him be a kid. These kids have to grow up fast, and it's like people expect them not to have a little fun.

My word....
It wasn't the picture, or the haircut that is the issue for me. It's the fact that he didn't get the clue that people were not impressed with it and went ahead and did something else to get them riled up.

If I tell you the stove is hot, you don't have to touch to make sure.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:17 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Not really; while their values as players may be similar in your eyes, Kane is signed to a six year deal while Subban is an unsigned RFA. Kane has more value as such.

Kane >> Subban in terms of value.
Nope
when you see a player like Neal was traded for Goligoski you cannot say Kane has more value than Subban. Dman have more value than forward for the simple fact they are more rare than forwards.

Their value is equal but i wouldn't trade Subban for Kane straight up.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:19 PM
thedjpd

Quote:
Do you consider Subban = a 3rd line center with potential to be more? Are you saying that there is a high chance Couturier will be a better player than Subban will be? Are you certain of this, because I'm not. In fact I would actually be stunned if he did.

Yes, trading Subban, a cornerstone of this franchise for a prospect would be moronic.
I just love this, though. Subban a 23 year old defenseman has a ton of "potential" but Couturier, who is only a 20 years old is already pigeon holed into a 3rd line center.

It's happened so much in this thread, it's pretty unbelievable.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:22 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 591
Quote:
Kane is a complete *******, why in the hell would we want him in MTL when he can't even behave himself in Winnipeg?

no thanks
How is having a dope haircut not behaving yourself.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:24 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedjpd View Post
I just love this, though. Subban a 23 year old defenseman has a ton of "potential" but Couturier, who is only a 20 years old is already pigeon holed into a 3rd line center.

It's happened so much in this thread, it's pretty unbelievable.
Subban has potential, but he's also ALREADY a stud. He's one of the top young defenseman on planet Earth. Couturier is showing promise but is nowhere near the player Subban is right now. How is this debatable?

Old
01-27-2013, 02:28 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Nope
when you see a player like Neal was traded for Goligoski you cannot say Kane has more value than Subban. Dman have more value than forward for the simple fact they are more rare than forwards.

Their value is equal but i wouldn't trade Subban for Kane straight up.
No, I disagree fully; their value as players is roughly equal, but from a financial perspective Kane's future value is defined as per the terms of his current six year contract, while the risk to sign Subban, in both $$$$ and term is undefined. As such, Kane holds way more value because the financial risk is defined in his case. Why trade a player signed to a long-term deal in exchange for one that is an unsigned RFA - one that may not even want to sign? The answer is you wouldn't do that deal because their values are not equal as such. Too much risk.

Kane >> Subban

Old
01-27-2013, 02:34 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

As a Jets fan, I'd only be interested in Subban if the main piece going back was Trouba.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:36 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
As a Jets fan, I'd only be interested in Subban if the main piece going back was Trouba.
the jets and the habs arent good trade partners.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:41 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Habs would say no then. Either something around Kane or Bogo. Anyways I wouldn't trade Subban and as I can see you guys wouldn't do it for the pieces I asked.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:42 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
It wasn't the picture, or the haircut that is the issue for me. It's the fact that he didn't get the clue that people were not impressed with it and went ahead and did something else to get them riled up.
If I tell you the stove is hot, you don't have to touch to make sure.
He was a 30 goal scorer at 22 yrs old.

People should be impressed with E. kane.

Seems foolish that fans and writers, try to make the small stuff like twitter pics a higher priority, then his on ice development.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:43 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
Habs would say no then. Either something around Kane or Bogo. Anyways I wouldn't trade Subban and as I can see you guys wouldn't do it for the pieces I asked.
well logically the jets really don't need subban, you don't need to be extremely intelligent to understand that

Old
01-27-2013, 02:45 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
He was a 30 goal scorer at 22 yrs old.

People should be impressed with E. kane.

Seems foolish that fans and writers, try to make the small stuff like twitter pics a higher priority, then his on ice development.
As embarrassing as it is to admit, hockey is still an old boys game. Things like this rub people the wrong way and I guess I'm guilty of it as well.

Too much Don Cherry and not enough Nail Yakupov, my bad. Go ahead Kane flaunt your millions in the face of the working class Canadian, we don't mind!

edit - forgot sarcasm face. How much he makes doesn't affect my life and doesn't matter, but that doesn't mean I have to like him or want him to play for the team I cheer for.

Closed Thread