HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs/Hawks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2013, 03:37 PM
  #26
MTP
I Love Shinpads
 
MTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Joliet, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,621
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
Grabo is very much > Bolland. The question is whether he is > enough to warrant 2 million more of a cap hit... even as a leaf fan I don't think so.
Very much? How so?

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:42 PM
  #27
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !
 
Vsevolod Bobrov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,324
vCash: 500
Noticed how Grabovski is in every Leafs proposal lately ? That's because he has a terrible contract (that he got off of one really good season), makes dumb turnovers and is an attitude kind of guy. You don't trade a player built for the playoffs like Bolland for that.

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:44 PM
  #28
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
Noticed how Grabovski is in every Leafs proposal lately ? That's because he has a terrible contract (that he got off of one really good season), makes dumb turnovers and is an attitude kind of guy. You don't trade a player built for the playoffs like Bolland for that.
Whatever he's killing it in my fantasy.

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:48 PM
  #29
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
Noticed how Grabovski is in every Leafs proposal lately ? That's because he has a terrible contract (that he got off of one really good season), makes dumb turnovers and is an attitude kind of guy. You don't trade a player built for the playoffs like Bolland for that.
Would you prefer MacArthur and a 2nd?

Grabo is a great leader. No clue where you get your info from.
With the emergence of Kadri and Bozak playing great we now have 3 legit 2nd line Cs.

I wouldn't do this deal anyways.

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:49 PM
  #30
Gavy
Registered User
 
Gavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 836
vCash: 500
Wow. Grabovski is easily better than Bolland. Only thing Bolland has over Grabo is a cheaper contract. Leafs don't touch this... Move along

Gavy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 06:25 PM
  #31
Gavy
Registered User
 
Gavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 836
vCash: 500
PS. Grabovski just had a beauty goal on Lundqvuist

Gavy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 06:36 PM
  #32
WarriorofTime
Registered User
 
WarriorofTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavy View Post
PS. Grabovski just had a beauty goal on Lundqvuist
Bolland just pocketed one himself.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:13 PM
  #33
Snowhawk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavy View Post
Wow. Grabovski is easily better than Bolland. Only thing Bolland has over Grabo is a cheaper contract. Leafs don't touch this... Move along
Plus a Stanley Cup ring because he filled an essential role shutting down the Sedins, Thornton and Richards. If I'm the Hawks, i don't even seriously think about this proposal.

Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:27 PM
  #34
Gavy
Registered User
 
Gavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowhawk View Post
Plus a Stanley Cup ring because he filled an essential role shutting down the Sedins, Thornton and Richards. If I'm the Hawks, i don't even seriously think about this proposal.
Good thing you're not a GM

Gavy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 08:35 PM
  #35
garce
Registered User
 
garce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 1000 Islands
Country: Ireland
Posts: 1,123
vCash: 500
Lateral good player for good player, no reason.

garce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:19 AM
  #36
Oh_so_saad
Registered User
 
Oh_so_saad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 546
vCash: 500
No one is touching bolland. U keep ur grabovski

Oh_so_saad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:27 AM
  #37
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavy View Post
Good thing you're not a GM
no hawks fan would think about this. Just look at the few that showed up here. Bolland will not be traded and especially not for a Grabo kind of player.

I don't see anything the Leafs could offer that help the Hawks to get Bolland

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:50 AM
  #38
krazyhawk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal/Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 618
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to krazyhawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavy View Post
Good thing you're not a GM
Sounds like you could easily be a GM.At least for the Leafs.You're thinking process seems to be just as messed up as the last couple of guys they had.

krazyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:58 AM
  #39
Chelios
Registered User
 
Chelios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,550
vCash: 500
Pretty obvious the majority of leafs fans in this thread are only looking at the stats sheet. Bolland is significantly more valuable to the Hawks than Grabo. Its not really close.

Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:48 AM
  #40
htpwn
Registered User
 
htpwn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Poland
Posts: 12,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
Noticed how Grabovski is in every Leafs proposal lately ? That's because he has a terrible contract (that he got off of one really good season), makes dumb turnovers and is an attitude kind of guy. You don't trade a player built for the playoffs like Bolland for that.
This post just affirmed that you know nothing about Mikhail Grabovski and have never watched him play.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:30 PM
  #41
OptimusForever
#teambernier
 
OptimusForever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,480
vCash: 50
Grabs> bolland. No one plays with as much heart on the leafs as grabo. We would be an even weaker team without him no doubt. PASS

If this trade was to happen the leafs would be weaker and the hawks stronger. Therefore grabovski>bolland. Lawyered!

OptimusForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 01:23 PM
  #42
Flukeshot
Holmgren activate!
 
Flukeshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Milton, Ont
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 1,780
vCash: 50
In a cap world straight up player worth isn't all that matters. Contract value for the player is key. Grabo is a decent second line centre but is really overpaid and for the next 4 years. Bolland is an at value really good third line centre capable of jumping up to second line.

Flukeshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:11 PM
  #43
BBH
34|38|61|10|13
 
BBH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, IL, US of A
Country: United States
Posts: 4,206
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
Both teams turn this down. Both players are more valuable to their respective teams than the other could fetch back.

BBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:53 AM
  #44
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusForever View Post
Grabs> bolland. No one plays with as much heart on the leafs as grabo. We would be an even weaker team without him no doubt. PASS

If this trade was to happen the leafs would be weaker and the hawks stronger. Therefore grabovski>bolland. Lawyered!
The hawks wouldn't be stronger with Grabo over Bolland. Equal at best from a Hawks POV. Bolland is money in the POs and has proven it more than once.
Until Grabo proves otherwise, Bolland offers the Hawks more. Hawks also need a good D minded Center and Bollands D is better than Grabos.

For the Hawks, Bolland is just a better fit

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:25 AM
  #45
sd1976
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
Noticed how Grabovski is in every Leafs proposal lately ? That's because he has a terrible contract (that he got off of one really good season), makes dumb turnovers and is an attitude kind of guy. You don't trade a player built for the playoffs like Bolland for that.
LOL. I love it when Habs fans come on to bad mouth Grabovski because they traded him for a mid pick and never gave him a shot. This is not the Grabovski of 5 years ago by the way. Get over it. Oh and he would probably be the first line center on the Habs by now.

sd1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:35 AM
  #46
sd1976
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
The hawks wouldn't be stronger with Grabo over Bolland. Equal at best from a Hawks POV. Bolland is money in the POs and has proven it more than once.
Until Grabo proves otherwise, Bolland offers the Hawks more. Hawks also need a good D minded Center and Bollands D is better than Grabos.

For the Hawks, Bolland is just a better fit
I get the fact that Bolland is a fan favorite. But you really need to give your head a shake if you believe Bolland is >/= Grabovski. Grabovski is a top 2nd line centerman in the NHL who plays 2 way hockey and even with his smaller stature, there is not a better grinder on the Leafs than he is who plays with tons of heart. I offer the link below for proof.

It starts at the 1:29 mark. 2 hits from behind by Chara and suffered an obvious concussion only to return to the ice and score not only the tying goal but the game winner in highlight of the night fashion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XCh2EmEFDk

sd1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:07 PM
  #47
Chelios
Registered User
 
Chelios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd1976 View Post
I get the fact that Bolland is a fan favorite. But you really need to give your head a shake if you believe Bolland is >/= Grabovski. Grabovski is a top 2nd line centerman in the NHL who plays 2 way hockey and even with his smaller stature, there is not a better grinder on the Leafs than he is who plays with tons of heart. I offer the link below for proof.

It starts at the 1:29 mark. 2 hits from behind by Chara and suffered an obvious concussion only to return to the ice and score not only the tying goal but the game winner in highlight of the night fashion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XCh2EmEFDk
Well, that settles it. Grabovski is significantly better than Bolland, YouTube has proven it.

Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:53 PM
  #48
sd1976
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelios View Post
Well, that settles it. Grabovski is significantly better than Bolland, YouTube has proven it.
Thanks for missing the point entirely.
It's dummies like this that ruin this site

sd1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:07 PM
  #49
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd1976 View Post
Thanks for missing the point entirely.
It's dummies like this that ruin this site
Was your point that Youtube is conclusive evidence, because that was half your post.

The other half was just you playing up Grabovski while pretending that Bolland isn't the same or better in every category that you were praising Grabo for.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:17 PM
  #50
Chelios
Registered User
 
Chelios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd1976 View Post
Thanks for missing the point entirely.
It's dummies like this that ruin this site
No need for insults. As was pointed out by Sevanston, half your post was basically pimping Grabovski, while the other was describing a YouTube clip that you describe as "proof" of your aforementioned pimping.

Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.