HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wild-Pens

Old
01-27-2013, 12:06 PM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Pens have tons of cap space. Won't be a problem to take Mitchell on. But we don't have a roster spot for him.
I didn't mean for this year, I should've specified. I meant going forward with Malkin and Letang needing new deals, every cap hit matters.

D U M B A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:07 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Quote:
With an elite center. His greatest asset is his shot. As is Seto's. He's not on another level in terms of skill or something.
I guess Minnesota better hope Granlund can turn into an elite center this year, boost Seto's numbers, and prove you right. Otherwise, they aren't getting that sort of return.

What might be, might be. But it ain't what is.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:08 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
With an elite center. His greatest asset is his shot. As is Seto's. He's not on another level in terms of skill or something.
I have no idea what Setogucchi you have been watching. Please don't put him with Neal, or compare. It's like comparing Clayton Kershaw to Jeff Karsten.

Remind me ... who was Neal's "elite" center in Dallas again.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:08 PM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpensfan View Post
I am not quite convinced that getting Seto constitutes a significant enough return to give up one of our prospects, IMO.
Sure it is. 20+ goal scoring wingers don't grow on trees. Your team only has two of them, which is very bad. That's a second line of guys that can't score 20 playing with Malkin. So he would be very valuable to your team and would definitely cost something valuable in return.

I like the trade, but I do think Minnesota would have to add like a 3rd round pick.

GetThePuckOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:09 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
I have no idea what Setogucchi you have been watching. Please don't put him with Neal, or compare. It's like comparing Clayton Kershaw to Jeff Karsten.

Brad Richards.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:12 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
Sure it is. 20+ goal scoring wingers don't grow on trees. Your team only has two of them, which is very bad. That's a second line of guys that can't score 20 playing with Malkin. So he would be very valuable to your team and would definitely cost something valuable in return.

I like the trade, but I do think Minnesota would have to add like a 3rd round pick.
We have 3 20 goal wingers. One of them is actually a 40 goal winger, and our two centers are capable of scoring 40-50 goals.

So...are we really behind the 8 ball here?

Old
01-27-2013, 12:13 PM
mpp9

Quote:

Lol. Alright. Brad Richards? Ribeiro and Modano weren't exactly **** either.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:13 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post

Trade makes no sense for Pittsburgh sending Despres for a guy on the decline. It's obvious. It's not rocket science. You don't send a guy like Despres for a question mark or spare part, or someone who has been a bust in Minensota. Would you send Baertschi for him?

By the way, we have three 20-goal scoring forward, not two. That isn't great, but which one did you forget - Neal, Kunitz or Dupuis?

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:20 PM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
We have 3 20 goal wingers. One of them is actually a 40 goal winger, and our two centers are capable of scoring 40-50 goals.

So...are we really behind the 8 ball here?
I assume you're talking about Dupuis, fair enough. I chose not to include him because I think it was a one-off year, his other years are too identical. And when I say 20 goal scorer I mean that you can bet on it; a consistent 20 goal scorer. Maybe he'll score 20 again, I don't know, personally I think it was a fluke. But we all know that he would not score 20 if he wasn't playing with Crosby, and likewise Setoguchi's goal totals would go up, just like Neal's has and everyone else who goes to Pittsburgh. I'd bet that Setoguchi passes his 30 goal mark he set in SJ.

GetThePuckOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:26 PM
Black Label

Quote:
Trade makes no sense for Pittsburgh sending Despres for a guy on the decline. It's obvious. It's not rocket science. You don't send a guy like Despres for a question mark or spare part, or someone who has been a bust in Minensota. Would you send Baertschi for him?

By the way, we have three 20-goal scoring forward, not two. That isn't great, but which one did you forget - Neal, Kunitz or Dupuis?
Setoguchi is 26 years old . You make it seem like he's 35 and due to retire any season now. Despres is not Bärtschi, not even close. Seto needs to be a complementary piece on a line, not a main feature. Maybe Despres is worth slightly more than Seto, but you certainly aren't getting a winger like Seto for players like Tangradi, Bortuzzo, or Lovejoy (did you not see him play on Friday?).

Black Label is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:27 PM
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior

Done. Loved Seto in San Jose and he I bet he can put up similar numbers with Crosby.

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Depreis for Seto is as fair as you get. People only watch his numbers from last season and go "oh, he's declining, bust" but then forget that he was hit by a car before last season. That's gonna affect you.

He has looked much better this season and with right linemates, he can absolutely thrive. He still has his great speed and good shot, and he can also get physical at times. He's not Clutterbuck or even Brodziak, but he is a solid hitter.

Depreis, while he has a good skating ability and size, is still green. He's as much "potentially elite" as he is "potentially bust". So yes, while he may have a higher ceiling, Seto is a more sure-fire bet. And it fits both organization's needs.

I said on the Wild board that I'd rather not have Määttä as we'd most likely need to add, but then I thought...

Määttä+ for Seto & Mitchell? What would Pens add to that deal?

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:32 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Honestly I don't think Setogouchi fits in well with Yeo's system.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:32 PM
Black Label

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Määttä+ for Seto & Mitchell? What would Pens add to that deal?
A guy like Dustin Jeffrey maybe? He's stuck behind all the center depth and won't get a chance to play in front of guys like Sutter or Vitale in the bottom 6.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:38 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utterly Disgusting View Post
I didn't mean for this year, I should've specified. I meant going forward with Malkin and Letang needing new deals, every cap hit matters.
Yeah, Mitchell would seem like a weird choice to tag on just to make the contracts work. He has at best absolutely no value to PIT.
I don`t see the cap situation as a problem (unless you are looking to pick up a huge UFA) in PIT, but taking a dead 2m is not really ever a great plan.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:40 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
A guy like Dustin Jeffrey maybe? He's stuck behind all the center depth and won't get a chance to play in front of guys like Sutter or Vitale in the bottom 6.
if Adams keeps playing like he's invisible, Jeffrey could take his spot in the lineup. won't be as a center, but he's earned playing time IMO. his game is more solid for the 4th line than Adams is right now. (that's not to say Adams is playing higher than 4th line, though, more like a 13th forward)

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:40 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

We have no use for Torrey Mitchell.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:42 PM
Black Label

Quote:
Originally Posted by psupens View Post
if Adams keeps playing like he's invisible, Jeffrey could take his spot in the lineup. won't be as a center, but he's earned playing time IMO. his game is more solid for the 4th line than Adams is right now. (that's not to say Adams is playing higher than 4th line, though, more like a 13th forward)
Bylsma is going to scratch Adams? I'll believe that when I see it. Either way though Mitchell is more than capable of playing in the bottom 6 and contributing.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:44 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
Bylsma is going to scratch Adams? I'll believe that when I see it. Either way though Mitchell is more than capable of playing in the bottom 6 and contributing.
he won't but there are times i wished where he should.

at least in my opinion, Jeffrey deserves a shot on the team in a full-time role, not as a 13th forward. he's played well enough to earn at least that.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:46 PM
Black Label

Quote:
Originally Posted by psupens View Post
he won't but there are times i wished where he should.

at least in my opinion, Jeffrey deserves a shot on the team in a full-time role, not as a 13th forward. he's played well enough to earn at least that.
I'd like to see him get a shot as well but I don't think he's realistically going to get much of a shot unless it's in place of Vitale (which will cause the Pens board to melt down). In Minny he could get a legitimate shot.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:50 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1124
Quote:

Just wanted to point this out...

You are calling a 26 year old top-6 NHL player "on the decline," "spare part," "question mark," and "bust." However, your prospect has been described as a potential second-pairing D-man with size, good skating, and a solid shot.

It's cool that you don't want to trade away prospects - neither do I. But you need to understand: NHL player's value > Prospect.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:53 PM
KIRK

Value wise, it's a fair deal.

(Plus, Bylsma will find Seto more useful, and the Pens have a comparable replacement for Despres already on the roster in Ben Lovejoy ).

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:53 PM
JayB

How about Seto+Mitchell+4nd round pick <-> Despres/Morrow+Glass

JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:54 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post

You are calling a 26 year old top-6 NHL player "on the decline," "spare part," "question mark," and "bust." However, your prospect has been described as a potential second-pairing D-man with size, good skating, and a solid shot.

It's cool that you don't want to trade away prospects - neither do I. But you need to understand: NHL player's value > Prospect.
As a Pens fan, let me be the first to concur with all of this. It needed to be said, not that those for whom it's intended will listen.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:56 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post

Just curious...does that apply to Coyle and Zucker too?