HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings Version II

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2013, 11:50 AM
Anth93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
is stastny worth a package offer?
starting with bozak and franson...)

duchesne looks to be their #1 now
stasnty is struggling
Call me crazy, but with the way the draft is lining up.. I don't want Stastny. I want to lose as often as we can this year.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:55 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
Call me crazy, but with the way the draft is lining up.. I don't want Stastny. I want to lose as often as we can this year.
good point

Old
01-27-2013, 12:16 PM
Hawaiinleaf

With so many teams desperate for D this trade deadline could be very active and inflated

when times comes should we deal Franson and Liles for a first each if we offered that..

2 extra first might be enough to grab another top 1o pick..

Old
01-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Cor
I'm Not Drunk

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post
With so many teams desperate for D this trade deadline could be very active and inflated

when times comes should we deal Franson and Liles for a first each if we offered that..

2 extra first might be enough to grab another top 1o pick..
Franson won't get a first. Liles might.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:34 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
I definitely think he could be had. Pending UFA.

Gaustad got a 1st last season at deadline, so I think Bozak would be worth either a late 1st or a 2nd + 3rd. Something like that, or a specific prospect.
LW Jeremy Morin + 3rd rounder?

Old
01-27-2013, 12:43 PM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
would the Hawks consider a deal like Bozak + Ashton for McNeill + Cond 3rd (Bozak resigns)?

Old
01-27-2013, 12:47 PM
Hawaiinleaf

Franson might get a first its a giant sellers market...

Liles will for sure..

Liles gets replaced next year by Reilly Franson not playing right now so trading both does not really hurt the team..

Old
01-27-2013, 12:48 PM
devilishleafs

I think Stasny would be great with his pal Kessel or C.Wilson would be good too. Bozak is a 3rd liner maybe a 2nd C if needed. In any case the Leafs need a big centre and Wilson or Stasny would fit that itchy spot the Leafs so desperately keep scratching for. Wilson or Stasny both played with Kessel and gel very nicely, the Leafs need that. IMO trading Mac and a pick for Stasny/Wilson would work. Swith Bozak to the 3rd and have Kadri and Frattin at the wings. Komarov with McClement and Brown/Orr would be a great 4th.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:56 PM
CmonLeafs

Lol at all those who want to just give away Phaneuf or Kessel. Both of those players would net huge returns in a trade. A 1st, top prospect, and more.

I don't think we need to worry so much about trading for a centre. This team never has a problem scoring goals, so in terms of trades to improve our team, goalie should be the only position to focus on. Bozak-Grabovski-Kadri down the middle is mediocre for now and I would look to draft a guy to come in down the road. No reason to rush and overpay for an older centre.

The only thing I would try to do before this year's trade deadline is try to get as many 1sts as possible. If we're offered a 1st for any of MacArthur, Franson, Liles, Bozak, Kulemin, Gunnarsson, or even JVR, I'd pull the trigger. Hopefully we wind up with 4 or more 1st round picks for this year. Worry about actual rebuilding moves in the summer.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:01 PM
devilishleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs0381 View Post
Lol at all those who want to just give away Phaneuf or Kessel. Both of those players would net huge returns in a trade. A 1st, top prospect, and more.

I don't think we need to worry so much about trading for a centre. This team never has a problem scoring goals, so in terms of trades to improve our team, goalie should be the only position to focus on. Bozak-Grabovski-Kadri down the middle is mediocre for now and I would look to draft a guy to come in down the road. No reason to rush and overpay for an older centre.

The only thing I would try to do before this year's trade deadline is try to get as many 1sts as possible. If we're offered a 1st for any of MacArthur, Franson, Liles, Bozak, Kulemin, Gunnarsson, or even JVR, I'd pull the trigger. Hopefully we wind up with 4 or more 1st round picks for this year. Worry about actual rebuilding moves in the summer.
Ya scoring isnt a huge problem, but shutting down Kessel is when there is no help. Getting a big centre who can cause problems for the opposing defenses creates space for Kessel. Look at Grabovski he has two bige wingers who go to the net and have puck handling skills. That allows Grabo to skate and create, Bozak isnt a big threat and should be on the 3rd line. Thats why we need a centre.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:02 PM
Hawaiinleaf

JVR needs to stay

But 1sts for Liles, Franson, McCarthur, Kuleman, Gunnar should be dealt

having 5 1sts would rebuild this team hugely combined with Rielly Biggs Kadri JVR Gardener Lupol Kessel Fratten

Old
01-27-2013, 01:05 PM
devilishleafs

LOL k so we trade half the line-up for 1sts and then what???? Wait another 3-5yrs???? No thanx. I dont get the logic sometimes. We have the pieces just not all of them. All it would take is the right trade.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:06 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
would the Hawks consider a deal like Bozak + Ashton for McNeill + Cond 3rd (Bozak resigns)?
With Bowman who knows

He values his prospects likely and hasn't shown a desire to move them in any deals

Old
01-27-2013, 01:07 PM
glasses91

vCash: 250
keep kulemin and grabo out of deadline trades please.

those guys mean a helll of a lot to us die hards....

I love gunnar but we should dangle him infront of ottawa for something nice..

Old
01-27-2013, 01:12 PM
CmonLeafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilishleafs View Post
LOL k so we trade half the line-up for 1sts and then what???? Wait another 3-5yrs???? No thanx. I dont get the logic sometimes. We have the pieces just not all of them. All it would take is the right trade.
Those guys aren't half the lineup. Let's say we move MacArthur, Kulemin, Gunnarsson, and Liles.

Next year, we've still got:

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Grabovski-xxx
Frattin-Kadri-Komarov
Brown-McClement-Steckel

Phaneuf-xxx
Gardiner-Franson
Holzer-Rielly

Reimer
Scrivens

We have the whole offseason to bring in 3 or 4 players. Hardly half the lineup.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:15 PM
CmonLeafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasses91 View Post

Grabovski I agree with - he's a huge part of this team and our most well-rounded forward. Kulemin though, he looks so lost and he's pretty clearly never getting back to 30-goal form, not even close. He's still a good hockey player but I think it's definately a good idea to move him for a 1st.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:23 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Based on last night's effort you wouldn't get much for Bozak, Kadri, defensemen, Kessel, MacArthur, Frattin.

We saw exactly what the Bruins do to the Leafs when they bring their physical game, too many Leafs completely overwhelmed. It is understandable for Kadri, Frattin and other Marlies trying to adjust to the NHL. They still need time to become full fledged NHL players.

In saying that, Franson, Fraser, Komisarek, Kostka are good throw ins if the Leafs are in trade talks. Kostka might be someone you don't let go easily if you think he has potential to play 1st. pairing minutes effectively. Can't say I see it but I'm not Carlyle.

He was the Leafs' leading scorer in the 196364, 196667 and 196970 seasons, and the team's top goal scorer in 197071 and 197273. Keon was considered one of the fastest skaters in the NHL, and one of the best defensive forwards of his era.[3] He would usually play against the opposing team's top centre, and developed a reputation for neutralizing some of the league's top scorers. In 197071, he scored eight shorthanded goals, setting an NHL record.
Old
01-27-2013, 01:25 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs0381 View Post
Grabovski I agree with - he's a huge part of this team and our most well-rounded forward. Kulemin though, he looks so lost and he's pretty clearly never getting back to 30-goal form, not even close. He's still a good hockey player but I think it's definately a good idea to move him for a 1st.
McClement and Kulemin are getting the most PK minutes for forwards.

Toronto is currently 6th. on the PK.

Kulemin is tied for 2nd. on the team in points.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:28 PM
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilishleafs View Post
Sorry but Calgary doesn't have a #1C and I doubt they would talk to the Leafs if they called.

There is no miracle trade for this team.

Teams want NHL ready players. That means players off our roster.

So we give up roster players to get a goalie and a center and now we have other holes.

So why not give up the players for some 1st round picks in a very deep and talented draft?

We can still keep a good core while adding some top end talent. This team even with it's good pieces is going no where as is. Better off selling a few pieces in hopes of hitting a homerun at the draft.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:32 PM
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasses91 View Post

Why?

I like them but they are far from special. A 1st for each and see ya. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:35 PM
CmonLeafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Sorry but Calgary doesn't have a #1C and I doubt they would talk to the Leafs if they called.

There is no miracle trade for this team.

Teams want NHL ready players. That means players off our roster.

So we give up roster players to get a goalie and a center and now we have other holes.

So why not give up the players for some 1st round picks in a very deep and talented draft?

We can still keep a good core while adding some top end talent. This team even with it's good pieces is going no where as is. Better off selling a few pieces in hopes of hitting a homerun at the draft.
Exactly. We have 25 decent NHLers at this point. Worth moving 5 of them to try get elite players in the draft.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:42 PM
glasses91

vCash: 250
Kule and grabo are our best players and are def. special.

Or maybe my vision of the game is off..

Old
01-27-2013, 01:45 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
What's the deal with Morin? I remember this kid was highly touted in that ATL-CHI trade involving Byfuglien and a lot of people thought ATL overpaid because they gave up Morin.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:47 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

If you can trade a prospect, 3rd. liner, 3rd. pairing defender for a 1st. you probably can break even.

If you are trading Grabovski for a pick 16-30 what are the odds you are going to get a better player? And a pick at that point is likely 3 years away from contributing if ever. Kadri was drafted 2009, and is still learning and earning his way as a 7th. overall.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:53 PM
LEAFSIN4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post
JVR needs to stay

But 1sts for Liles, Franson, McCarthur, Kuleman, Gunnar should be dealt

having 5 1sts would rebuild this team hugely combined with Rielly Biggs Kadri JVR Gardener Lupol Kessel Fratten
This is not something that we should do, this is something we're going to have to do.

Just looking at our cap situation and depth going forward, we have to trade excess wingers and defencemen.

If we could get 5 firsts, or even 3 firsts and 2 2nds for those players would be a great haul.

I would do everything I could to get an extra top 5-10 pick in this draft.

Closed Thread