HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 11:23 AM
hongkongphoey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasttoCoast View Post
and we won those 2 games......
Saw both games home and away series Brockville- Nepean
Brockville top players very unselfish, no shots from bad angles or far out, always move the puck to the better position. Every odd man rush they got, they generate a good chance or a goal. Defense better then I thought they would be, very competitive with most teams.
Nepean notes-
Had to beat Brockville at home in second game, they did. Nepean was the most physical team, led by Yarwood and Thierrien.
Please God....someone tell PG that Durocher can't play the point on the PP....if he gives the puck away one more time my head will explode.(Durocher has a lot to offer, but that is not it)
Hedges has been very unselfish lately, 2 perfect passes for goals on Sunday. Hedges Herlihey, Neil were on for all 6 of Nepean's goals in this home and away series.
Which brings me to Nepeans biggest question, who plays with Norris?? I would like to see Durocher back on the left wing (unselfish, looks more comfortable on left) and Hodgson on right, Hodgson is having a great 2 way year with little PP time. (not his mother) PG has a lot of choices, (Johnston, Nasca etc.) he has to find what works for Norris.
I'm a little nervous about the goaltending, Mulder has been lights out, but Zawadaki has been good/OK. I don't want Z to lose his confidence, he deserves to be #1 going into playoffs. Hopefully PG handles this good.
Insightful post. Neoean seems to be struggling with chemistry issues (outside the first line) in the same way SF is, perhaps without the egos. Since dismantling the second line after the first half Norris has struggled to find wingers to play with. Nothing appears to have clicked the way the Nacsa Hodgson combo did. Norris is not easy to play with given his unique style of play and not many players can adjust their game to it. I suspect we will find Norris at the wing at the next level. Hodgson took the presuure off Noriis on the defensive side of the puck which is not a Norris strong point.

Nepean was over 700 in winning percentage in the first half and now is barely over 500 after the changes. Teams can focus on the first line and now with the second just pressure Norris for a turnover. There does not appear to be any offense outside of special teams or the first line.

PG may have to put another centre in the shut down role to liberate Norris and reignite the second line. Tough choice, get the second line going or keep the shut down role going when you can line match, which might explain the vast difference between Nepean's home and away record. The game sheet showed Hodgson, Thierrien and Durocher on a goal last night(is this a new line?).

It looked like a rough night for Zawadski, Mulder making a strong bid for the starting role. Tough choices for Nepean and not much time left.

I don't see anyone beating Ottawa right now. They seem to have it all, only injuries could derail them IMO.

A very enjoyable CJHL season given the parity (for the most part). One of the best ones in years.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Grabbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongkongphoey View Post
Insightful post. Neoean seems to be struggling with chemistry issues (outside the first line) in the same way SF is, perhaps without the egos. Since dismantling the second line after the first half Norris has struggled to find wingers to play with. Nothing appears to have clicked the way the Nacsa Hodgson combo did. Norris is not easy to play with given his unique style of play and not many players can adjust their game to it. I suspect we will find Norris at the wing at the next level. Hodgson took the presuure off Noriis on the defensive side of the puck which is not a Norris strong point.

Nepean was over 700 in winning percentage in the first half and now is barely over 500 after the changes. Teams can focus on the first line and now with the second just pressure Norris for a turnover. There does not appear to be any offense outside of special teams or the first line.

PG may have to put another centre in the shut down role to liberate Norris and reignite the second line. Tough choice, get the second line going or keep the shut down role going when you can line match, which might explain the vast difference between Nepean's home and away record. The game sheet showed Hodgson, Thierrien and Durocher on a goal last night(is this a new line?).

It looked like a rough night for Zawadski, Mulder making a strong bid for the starting role. Tough choices for Nepean and not much time left.

I don't see anyone beating Ottawa right now.
They seem to have it all, only injuries could derail them IMO.

A very enjoyable CJHL season given the parity (for the most part). One of the best ones in years.

Ottawa's league lead now down to 4 points. They have lost to Cornwall and Cumberland (yes you read it right) in their last three games. They face Nepean, Brockville and Pembroke in their next five. I'm not sure I concur with the "I don't see anyone beating Ottawa right now" line.

Plenty of time for SF and my Raiders to straighten things out. No worries. In the end Nepean will be there. Just too strong and their issues - well everyone wished they had them (strong second goalie, where to place a returning top scorer, former OHL'er manning the blueline on the PP, etc.)

Old
01-26-2013, 02:36 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbers View Post

Ottawa's league lead now down to 4 points. They have lost to Cornwall and Cumberland (yes you read it right) in their last three games. They face Nepean, Brockville and Pembroke in their next five. I'm not sure I concur with the "I don't see anyone beating Ottawa right now" line.

Plenty of time for SF and my Raiders to straighten things out. No worries. In the end Nepean will be there. Just too strong and their issues - well everyone wished they had them (strong second goalie, where to place a returning top scorer, former OHL'er manning the blueline on the PP, etc.)
I agree that Mulder has been strong. But Nepean should be very concerned about Zawadski right now.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:27 AM
hardfacts

Not alot of talk on here about plk...they put it to Nepean pretty good on friday...nepean did come back in the third...but was too late...looks like the trades are working out for plk..to my surprise....Nepean seems to be giving up alot of shots on net and goals of late....they also seem to be getting off to slow starts they trying to come back in the third....too many changes at the dealine for this team?....same as ottawa...too many changes...? only time will tell...6 weeks till playoffs....

Old
01-27-2013, 08:34 AM
CanadiansGuy60

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardfacts View Post
Not alot of talk on here about plk...they put it to Nepean pretty good on friday...nepean did come back in the third...but was too late...looks like the trades are working out for plk..to my surprise....Nepean seems to be giving up alot of shots on net and goals of late....they also seem to be getting off to slow starts they trying to come back in the third....too many changes at the dealine for this team?....same as ottawa...too many changes...? only time will tell...6 weeks till playoffs....
I have to admit, I thought they would be in trouble once SK left, but they have been pretty good since the trade deadline. Good for them.

But, there is never an ounce of Love on here for my Canadians minus a select few! The majority of posters barely had them making the playoffs this year at the start of the season. As a few teams are finding out chemistry is a huge element and CP along with a select few other teams have it in spades right now. Coach Clarke, despite everyones misgivings about his style, has the team playing the right way and believing in themselves. Add the experience of Mayo and Maxwell on the bench and this years team might not be as talented as last years, but they have been groomed to be far more disciplined and are so playing as a team rather than a group of individuals.

Looking to keep the streak alive today against the Rangers!

Go Canadians Go!

Old
01-27-2013, 10:43 AM
Grabbers

As a follow up to a post a month or two ago....here are the even strength point totals going into today's action (just for fun - and those with 29 points or more only - this being the top twenty in order):

Blasko 51
Pontarelli 50
Hedges 46
Ferriera 45
Collins 38
Roll 38
Amirrato 37
Maniccia 36
Neil 35
Globke 34
Walsh 34
Quince 33
Plouffe 31
Robillard 31
Crete 31
Dufour 30
L. Edwards 30
B. Edwards 30
Janz 29
Antonelli 29

It is interesting whom drops off and/or relies on special teams to jack up their points and whom appears that you would not think. One could assume that those missing (when comparing to the league leaderboard on Pointstreak) would get the additional special teams icetime and those that surprisingly (perhaps) appear here still put up points regardless of lack of special teams play.

Just for fun on a Sunday morning. Lots of great games today. Get out and support your team!!

Last edited by Grabbers: 01-27-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old
01-27-2013, 02:00 PM
Tarzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadiansGuy60 View Post
I have to admit, I thought they would be in trouble once SK left, but they have been pretty good since the trade deadline. Good for them.

But, there is never an ounce of Love on here for my Canadians minus a select few! The majority of posters barely had them making the playoffs this year at the start of the season. As a few teams are finding out chemistry is a huge element and CP along with a select few other teams have it in spades right now. Coach Clarke, despite everyones misgivings about his style, has the team playing the right way and believing in themselves. Add the experience of Mayo and Maxwell on the bench and this years team might not be as talented as last years, but they have been groomed to be far more disciplined and are so playing as a team rather than a group of individuals.

Looking to keep the streak alive today against the Rangers!

Go Canadians Go!
Ill give you love for CP. I love the way they play, their compete, their enthusiasm ect. Great group of athletic hockey players. In my opinion, very well coached. I believe more people would actually praise CP more if...Clarke didnt strut around like such an a--hole. That and his total dominance over the weak minded and weak kneed referees he intimidates. It is hard to appreciate a team when the coache's head is bigger than his ass and belly combined. Before anyone complains...please note that I think that he is a very good coac...personality aside. I actually be.ieve CP will be in the finals probably against Cornwall or brockville. Sorry SF. Beating Kanata doesn't show me anything as far as improving with all the changes???

Old
01-27-2013, 05:25 PM
CentralVet90

Was at the nepean game today. I thought nasca looked very good with Johnston and Norris. Didn't score but had good chances. Liked rodier's energy and work ethic also.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:04 PM
Tarzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
Ill give you love for CP. I love the way they play, their compete, their enthusiasm ect. Great group of athletic hockey players. In my opinion, very well coached. I believe more people would actually praise CP more if...Clarke didnt strut around like such an a--hole. That and his total dominance over the weak minded and weak kneed referees he intimidates. It is hard to appreciate a team when the coache's head is bigger than his ass and belly combined. Before anyone complains...please note that I think that he is a very good coac...personality aside. I actually be.ieve CP will be in the finals probably against Cornwall or brockville. Sorry SF. Beating Kanata doesn't show me anything as far as improving with all the changes???
Wow?? SF can you suck more. What the h-ll are you doing???? Do you think you can keep eighth spot??

Old
01-27-2013, 09:10 PM
Grabbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralVet90 View Post
Was at the nepean game today. I thought nasca looked very good with Johnston and Norris. Didn't score but had good chances. Liked rodier's energy and work ethic also.
Neil first star and a three point night. Norriis second star but no points. Expected a bigger win after two league leaders pumped Kanata pretty good...but we'll take it. Durocher no points and Dalen just one assist. Nice to see others step up! I agree that Nasca and Rodier were very good today!!

Old
01-27-2013, 09:20 PM
Grabbers

Quote:
As a follow up to a post a month or two ago....here are the even strength point totals going into today's action (just for fun - and those with 29 points or more only - this being the top twenty in order):

Blasko 51
Pontarelli 50
Hedges 46
Ferriera 45
Collins 38
Roll 38
Amirrato 37
Maniccia 36
Neil 35
Globke 34
Walsh 34
Quince 33
Plouffe 31
Robillard 31
Crete 31
Dufour 30
L. Edwards 30
B. Edwards 30
Janz 29
Antonelli 29

It is interesting whom drops off and/or relies on special teams to jack up their points and whom appears that you would not think. One could assume that those missing (when comparing to the league leaderboard on Pointstreak) would get the additional special teams icetime and those that surprisingly (perhaps) appear here still put up points regardless of lack of special teams play.

Just for fun on a Sunday morning. Lots of great games today. Get out and support your team!!

Hrehoriak with a big four point night tonight in a huge win and lop-sided victory for Pemby over SF. He is picking a good time to heat up.

Similar situation in CP whom remain on fire as a team themselves. The line of B. Edwards, Globke, and Dufour with another eight points today.

Should be a good one when these two meet up next Sunday in Pembroke!

Not to be outdone Neil from my Raiders had a solid three point night.

Excellent games all around the league today/tonight

Old
01-27-2013, 09:22 PM
canadianscanadians
Rookie User

[QUOTE=Tarzan;58457467]Ill give you love for CP. I love the way they play, their compete, their enthusiasm ect. Great group of athletic hockey players. In my opinion, very well coached. I believe more people would actually praise CP more if...Clarke didnt strut around like such an a--hole. That and his total dominance over the weak minded and weak kneed referees he intimidates. It is hard to appreciate a team when the coache's head is bigger than his ass and belly combined. Before anyone complains...please note that I think that he is a very good coac...personality aside.

Boo hoo hoo...can't handle a little yelling??? McInnis, Keefe, Gill (when he was in Brockville), Grady or fat little Jennings (which is pure comedy when he loses it, as an a/c no less) any better??? You get this week's vote for 'c'mon man'. The refs could care less about getting yelled at - it's in their DNA. I'm sure they're all afraid of Clarke waiting for them in the parking lot after the games - give your head a shake buddy. I guess that's how teams win games - the head coaches yell/intimidate the refs so much that they play the game with a man advantage the whole time. Guess that's why Pembroke won 5 in a row. I'm surprised Keefe has any vocal chords left. Rock on Tarzan...try not to swing into any more trees.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:28 PM
ottawafan80

Quote:
Wow?? SF can you suck more. What the h-ll are you doing???? Do you think you can keep eighth spot??
Complete brutal game ! Saw the game tonight and SF had nothing, complete defence break downs and the Butler/Momesso line -5. Eardley/Disipio and Costello was only solid line for SF. Their top 6 will be fine in the long run, but their defence game has to improve somehow, Romoff isn't the answer though.

Anyone have any thoughts on what is going to happen going forward. Where are the bears ?

Brockville just looks like they are rolling and Cornwall is so strong now that SF needs to figure it out soon. I would move Byron off of the Maniccia line for sure and use Momesso and Butler on a 4th crashing and banging line with Costello.

Thoughts?

Old
01-27-2013, 09:39 PM
overtheboards

When will the coach in gloucester throw Jennings off the bench ? he took a penalty today and CP scored on the PP

Old
01-27-2013, 09:44 PM
CoasttoCoast

Nepean game
Nasca and Johnston played with Norris- looked good- but in the end no production.
Neil single handedly won this game for Nepean.
Kanata missed the net on alot of decent chances, came on in the third but could'nt get the even upper.
Durocher seemed to play harder/better tonight- I don't think he likes being on the third or fourth line- maybe it will lite a fire in him.
Nepean's record not that bad since Christmas, when they do lose they lose big, just tough to make up ground with everyone else, teams in the middle playing so well.
Nepean played without Lorica and Drouin today, arguably their top pairing.
Mulder started
Looked again
Nepean is 6 W and 3 losses since Christmas, 666 Win %, 2 loses by 1 goal, the sky isn't falling.
How I saw it

Last edited by CoasttoCoast: 01-27-2013 at 10:02 PM. Reason: look again
Old
01-27-2013, 09:46 PM
hongkongphoey

Quote:
Neil first star and a three point night. Norriis second star but no points. Expected a bigger win after two league leaders pumped Kanata pretty good...but we'll take it. Durocher no points and Dalen just one assist. Nice to see others step up! I agree that Nasca and Rodier were very good today!!
Interesting star selection process. Niel deserving. Second line was minus 2. Didn't see what others saw. They had opportunities in the offensive zone but the object of the game is to score more than the other team and when the defensive responsibilities are dropped bad things happen - and did. Was expecting something more decisive.

Kanata should have declined the powerplay. Niel was deadly.

Nice to have a crowd, such as one can get in Nepean.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:24 AM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianscanadians View Post
Boo hoo hoo...can't handle a little yelling??? McInnis, Keefe, Gill (when he was in Brockville), Grady or fat little Jennings (which is pure comedy when he loses it, as an a/c no less) any better??? You get this week's vote for 'c'mon man'. The refs could care less about getting yelled at - it's in their DNA. I'm sure they're all afraid of Clarke waiting for them in the parking lot after the games - give your head a shake buddy. I guess that's how teams win games - the head coaches yell/intimidate the refs so much that they play the game with a man advantage the whole time. Guess that's why Pembroke won 5 in a row. I'm surprised Keefe has any vocal chords left. Rock on Tarzan...try not to swing into any more trees.
I think the difference between JC and the coaches you mention is the amount of profanity that can be heard from one end of the rink to the other. I am not saying that some of the other coaches you mentioned do not yell also, but you do not hear the continual swearing. There are many rinks where you can hear one fbomb after another when he explodes. For a league that is trying to attract fans, including kids, it is not helping.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:20 AM
oldnucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasttoCoast View Post
Nepean game
Nasca and Johnston played with Norris- looked good- but in the end no production.
Neil single handedly won this game for Nepean.
Kanata missed the net on alot of decent chances, came on in the third but could'nt get the even upper.
Durocher seemed to play harder/better tonight- I don't think he likes being on the third or fourth line- maybe it will lite a fire in him.
Nepean's record not that bad since Christmas, when they do lose they lose big, just tough to make up ground with everyone else, teams in the middle playing so well.
Nepean played without Lorica and Drouin today, arguably their top pairing.
Mulder started
Looked again
Nepean is 6 W and 3 losses since Christmas, 666 Win %, 2 loses by 1 goal, the sky isn't falling.
How I saw it
who was durocher playing with?

Old
01-28-2013, 11:55 AM
CoasttoCoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnucks View Post
who was durocher playing with?
Not sure
He had some PP & PK time
I think he was with Watt and Hodgson but it might have been Rodier and Williams
1. Herlihey, Hedges, Neil
2. Johnston, Norris, Nasca
3. Durocher, Watt, Hodgson
4. Thierren, Williams, Rodier

Alot of depth But not producing like they should.

Last edited by CoasttoCoast: 01-28-2013 at 02:58 PM. Reason: type o
Old
01-28-2013, 12:03 PM
hockeylifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralVet90 View Post
I agree Norris and Nasca looked good together but they need a high energy guy on second line who sees the ice with them, Rodier would be a good fit. He is 3rd on the team in points-being wasted on 4th line.

Duroucher was playing with Hodgson and Therrien, unfortunately Therrien is a 4th liner on this team at best - no speed and doesn't use his size, 2 points in 8 games only.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:44 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylifer View Post
I agree Norris and Nasca looked good together but they need a high energy guy on second line who sees the ice with them, Rodier would be a good fit. He is 3rd on the team in points-being wasted on 4th line.

Duroucher was playing with Hodgson and Therrien, unfortunately Therrien is a 4th liner on this team at best - no speed and doesn't use his size, 2 points in 8 games only.
I think Hodgson would be a better fit...a bit more foot speed to keep up and is better defensively

Old
01-28-2013, 01:01 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylifer View Post

No idea why Therrien was brought in and O'Dea shipped out. O'Dea had speed and experience in the playoffs and was a solid bottom 6 player and well liked by his teammates.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:30 PM
hardfacts

Quote:
Pembroke has scored 16 golas in its last two games...but something that has been missed here is the solid goaltending we are getting...hrehoriak is leading the way with soem new found offence..that is what he was brought in for..and he has been delivery as of late...

Glad to see team playing hard for SM...

Old
01-28-2013, 02:18 PM
gusfring

But I thought PLK were packing it in after the Drouin trade? No?

Old
01-28-2013, 02:25 PM
end2endrush

You guys are making the nojhl look real bad! I've yet to see Therrien play but he had 91 points in 48 games last year, really makes me wonder about that league. I really don't think its too late for Nepean to switch things up a bit, they clearly aren't playing to their full potential. Only players I wouldn't waste time splitting up are Hedges and Neil.

Closed Thread