HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation - Off Season 2012-13 (Part X)

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2013, 08:42 AM
Ziggy66

vCash: 50
Scheif, Toby + 2nd for Subban and Michael Bournival?

Scheif - long term scoring/playmaking potential but yet an unproven tangible.

Toby - proven Power play QB with two seasons of 50+ pts and last year would of trended to 50+ again but due to injury did not and currently trending just over one point per game.

2nd - just to sweeten the pot?

feel free to rip me a new one with this proposal lol

Old
01-27-2013, 08:44 AM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Anybody think it's a bit of a red flag that a rich team like Montreal wants to give a player of Subban's talent a bridge deal (probably just a bluff)? One rumor from Dreger is that PK wanted Doughty money and that would not be smart for Montreal IMHO. I am not a fan of the mega contracts like that but I assume he is worth Kane, Benn type money no? Not sure where the sides are at right now and gamesmanship is interesting so we'll see what he signs for eventually.
I think the problem is precedent. The Habs have given a number of players the Bogo, wait and see treatment. The problem here is that Subban has clearly earned more.

Subban is already better and more distinguished than their other wait and see players and he is currently better than / more proven than our young Bogo. I fully understand why he wants to be treated as such.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:46 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post

Toby - proven Power play QB with two seasons of 50+ pts and last year would of trended to 50+ again but due to injury did not and currently trending just over one point per game.

The problem with that is you're essentially trading 2 defensemen when you include Toby in a trade, as he's the pinion that Byfuglien's roving offense is being balanced on. Bogosian can't step into that role just yet, and I don't think Trouba is that type of player.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:49 AM
Ziggy66

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
The problem with that is you're essentially trading 2 defensemen when you include Toby in a trade, as he's the pinion that Byfuglien's roving offense is being balanced on. Bogosian can't step into that role just yet, and I don't think Trouba is that type of player.
Tru enough and very good point in regards to buff's roving. I was hoping Pk could fill Tobys PP void as he has 32 PP points in two seasons and should only progress. but that is just speculation on the should lol

Old
01-27-2013, 08:57 AM
almostawake

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Yep. Subban won't be cheap and rightly so. He is one of the best young defenders in the league.

That said, I am not sure I buy this rumor.
I'd be surprised if Bergevin was already listening closely to enquiries about Subban, and I'd be more surprised if the Jets were actively involved.

Having said that, it's likely Bergevin is legitimately upset by now. He's a new GM dealing with a poor (although far from disastrous) cap situation and Subban's representation is not making it easy to do a deal.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:58 AM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post

Jets would be giving up too much IMO.

Toby alone should be enough. He and Subban are both top pairing defenders, there would be no reason to add.

I am also not sure the Jets can afford to give up Toby's very unique PP QB skill set, especially for another righty. I would consider Buff, Bogo and Trouba all to be more likely trade pieces in a deal for Subban.

Habs have also been looking to get bigger.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:04 AM
Ziggy66

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Jets would be giving up too much IMO.

Toby alone should be enough. He and Subban are both top pairing defenders, there would be no reason to add.

I am also not sure the Jets can afford to give up Toby's very unique PP QB skill set, especially for another righty. I would consider Buff, Bogo and Trouba all to be more likely trade pieces in a deal for Subban.

Habs have also been looking to get bigger.
I agree Toby should be enough but in this market they will get more then his worth from a team that really needs PK. I cant see us giving up Buff, Trouba or Bogo for PK.

So there we have it. The Price is Wrong ***** (classic sandler voice) !

Old
01-27-2013, 10:09 AM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
You're missing something. Last season O'Reilly was the Avs best center. He outplayed Stasny by a fair margin, and Duchene by a huge margin.

At this point in time O'Reilly is a far better player than Burmistrov and he is only 8 months older. He would be one of the Jets two or three best forwards.

I don't think Burmistrov for O'Reilly would be a starting point that would interest the Avs. If they have to trade him he'll be going for a young defenceman that's already playing top 4 minutes in the NHL and still has the potential to be a #1 or #2 guy.
That's not exactly hard to do considering that Stastny and Duchene both played terribly. I don't get why you would trade two valuable assets for ROR whe he's not that much better then Burmi anyways.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:17 AM
sully1410

If we are truly after Subban...

Our blue line will be awesome.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:32 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
I'd say that we trade Subban for a couple of good forwards, then we draft Jones, and trade Toby+ for Weber next year.

Byfuglien - Weber
Bogosian - Jones
Trouba - Subban

I see no weaknesses in that D at all! Besides, everyone needing a big RHD would be soooo jealous at us!

Old
01-27-2013, 10:43 AM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
If we are truly after Subban...

Our blue line will be awesome.
Klingberg just tweeted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @CarlKlingberg
Montreal!
Hmmm...

Old
01-27-2013, 10:55 AM
Ziggy66

could be on his way back from Syracuse and spending some time in montreal during the AHL all star break?

Old
01-27-2013, 10:56 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
I'd say that we trade Subban for a couple of good forwards, then we draft Jones, and trade Toby+ for Weber next year.

Byfuglien - Weber
Bogosian - Jones
Trouba - Subban

I see no weaknesses in that D at all! Besides, everyone needing a big RHD would be soooo jealous at us!
Deadly. Our GAA would probably approach zero, we'd score 90% of our goals from the blueline, and we'd have so much $$ tied up in the d-corp that we'd have to put dudes from the ECHL up front.

Would probably still win.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:59 AM
Sweech
COYS!

I can't see what we'd be giving up to Montreal to get Subban. With Enstrom, Byfuglien, Bogosian, and Trouba our D-corps doesn't need much more.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:24 AM
Gil Fisher

I think Little would be part of a package going back to Mtl. There has to be some salary removed long term if we're going to bring in Subban. Can't see it being anyone else.

Probably Redmond or Postma would also be part of it.

Then some prospects and draft picks.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:25 AM
Canadienjet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
Klingberg just tweeted this:

Hmmm...
IceCaps bused from Syacuse to Montreal and flew home.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:51 AM
Wpgpage

Speaking of ROR
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1334277

Just a rumor but it relates to yesterdays ROR spit ballin so figured why not.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:57 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
I can't see what we'd be giving up to Montreal to get Subban. With Enstrom, Byfuglien, Bogosian, and Trouba our D-corps doesn't need much more.
We would probably have to give one of them up for Subban. Personally I'd hate to see it happen.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:11 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
We would probably have to give one of them up for Subban. Personally I'd hate to see it happen.
Same here. There's not one of them I'd be happy about dealing for Subban. That's nothing against Subban, he's a great player, but he's not really an upgrade over any of them.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:08 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

There is nothing that we have that I'd want to give up that would entice Montreal that would make me want to pull the trigger for Subban. He has a lot of positives but a lot of question marks as well.

Can you imagine how he would be treated in Winnipeg with some of his hijinx? I guess the positive thing is it might get people off of Evanders ass, but then again, we have a very dedicated bunch of loonies in this city

01-27-2013, 01:16 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Same here. There's not one of them I'd be happy about dealing for Subban. That's nothing against Subban, he's a great player, but he's not really an upgrade over any of them.
I'd say he is a slight upgrade over Bogo right now. Who knows in the future. Seems somewhat lateral and I really like Bogo, but dunno...

Trouba is a a now for sure vs then maybe proposition. I would easily understand it.

Buff could be an intentional move towards a more conventional D group. Plus Mtl would have to add. I would understand that too, depending what they add.

Don't know. I really doubt Chevy does any of these.

Subban is a #1 in Mtl and would be in a number of other cities. One of those cities makes more sense.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:41 PM
gholas

Montreal says they're doing well, Subban isn't in the good books of higher ups, so they should use him to get some depth and stability long term.

Hainsy + AHL Prospect + 2nd rounder and Stuart if ya want.

Other than that, send him to EDM, they suck bad on D.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:45 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

O'Reilly would be a great addition.

If we could acquire him with Burmistrov as the main piece going the other way, I would do it easily. ROR is what we're hoping Burmi turns into.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:13 PM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

I hope we stay away from subban, he is not a good teammate and he is not good in locker room. Stay away from him, he's not worth it.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:15 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
I hope we stay away from subban, he is not a good teammate and he is not good in locker room. Stay away from him, he's not worth it.
Where does this keep coming from?

It is 180 degrees from the truth

Closed Thread