HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Speedy Winger for Futures to SJ

Old
01-27-2013, 01:55 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

vCash: 50
Just a random question to Flames fans: What is the price for Lee Stempniak?

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:05 PM
SCinSJ
Sith Lord Burns

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Setoguchi back to San Jose for Braun or Demers. Seto is likely expendable by next year (maybe even now) with Zucker and Coyle looking primed to enter the lineup.
Seto for Braun straight up?

I'd take it for sure.

Marleau-Thonrton-Pavelski
Havlat-Couture-Setoguchi
Clowe-Gomez-Galiardi
Wingels-Hadzus-Burish
Desjardin
Sheppard

Vlasic-Burns
Boyle-Stuart
Demers-Murray
Irwin

SCinSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:07 PM
sweHockeypunk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
As a fellow Sharks fan, why? The Sharks have forwards like Sheppard that they can't fit into the line-up at the moment. Why deal young defensemen with Top-4 skill like Demers, or borderline Top-4 line Braun for a 3rd-liner?

The Sharks just signed Burish, so he's not moving. Between Burish, Wingels, Galliardi, and Sheppard, they have 4 of the 6 bottom-6 spots covered. Gomez and Handzus are locks for the rest of the year. Desjardin is an RFA and could be moved, but he's not going to get you much.

Personally, I don't see the idea behind trading for a bottom-6 guy at all. If the Sharks move anyone (including Clowe, Murray, etc) it's for a young Top-6 talent that is a better fit for the team and Clowe.
I never said for a 3rd liner. What I was personally thinking was a top-6 forward to put on Gomez's line in order to add scoring depth. Then when someone gets injured we have a tweener or two to move up and fill the whole. Obviously don't make the move if the price is too high. Giving up Demers would demand a nice return, add in one of our bottom 6 forwards and its an even bigger return. And I agree the Sharks have plenty of bottom-6 forwards, but can they put the puck in the net and create speed on the wing for Gomez?

I think this is the forward model we should go after. I remember when we had a 3rd line of Wellwood-Pavelski-Mcginn and made it to Conference finals against Vancouver. (Playingmaking, Finishing, and Speed). Though our top-6 is hot right now, we need depth. We can't depend on Patty to have a two goal game every game this year.

Marelau-Thornton-Pavelksi
Clowe-Couture-Havlat
Wingles-Gomez-Speedy Scoring Forechecking Winger
Burish-Handzus-Galiardi
Desjardins

sweHockeypunk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:08 PM
sweHockeypunk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCinSJ View Post
Seto for Braun straight up?

I'd take it for sure.

Marleau-Thonrton-Pavelski
Havlat-Couture-Setoguchi
Clowe-Gomez-Galiardi
Wingels-Hadzus-Burish
Desjardin
Sheppard

Vlasic-Burns
Boyle-Stuart
Demers-Murray
Irwin
Id put him on Gomez's wing. Clowe and Gomez on the same line is molasses

sweHockeypunk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:22 PM
Flames rebuilder

Cammalleri + Butler for Boyle + Hamilton

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:41 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
Cammalleri + Butler for Boyle + Hamilton
No way!

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:52 PM
Vaasa

vCash: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweHockeypunk21 View Post
I never said for a 3rd liner. What I was personally thinking was a top-6 forward to put on Gomez's line in order to add scoring depth. Then when someone gets injured we have a tweener or two to move up and fill the whole. Obviously don't make the move if the price is too high. Giving up Demers would demand a nice return, add in one of our bottom 6 forwards and its an even bigger return. And I agree the Sharks have plenty of bottom-6 forwards, but can they put the puck in the net and create speed on the wing for Gomez?

I think this is the forward model we should go after. I remember when we had a 3rd line of Wellwood-Pavelski-Mcginn and made it to Conference finals against Vancouver. (Playingmaking, Finishing, and Speed). Though our top-6 is hot right now, we need depth. We can't depend on Patty to have a two goal game every game this year.

Marelau-Thornton-Pavelksi
Clowe-Couture-Havlat
Wingles-Gomez-Speedy Scoring Forechecking Winger
Burish-Handzus-Galiardi
Desjardins
Outside of the scoring part (which there is some argument about), isn't that essentially Sheppard or Galliardi? Or heck, Tim Kennedy? Shep and Galli are both supposed to have Top-6 potential. I'm sure Desi can fill in that 4th-line wing spot if needed.

Would I like someone like Seto or similar player back to add scoring depth? Sure. But I'm not giving up Demers for them. Quite honestly, the Sharks have enough assets at the moment that the ONLY trade they should be looking at is Murray + Clowe for younger, faster, 2nd-line forward who isn't as physical as Clowe, but who is more of a goal-scorer.

If they are going to deal defense, they can move players like Braun, Irwin, or Tennyson for someone like Sheppard if necessary. A player with the skill but who has other issues that makes them a bit of a risk.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:58 PM
SnarkAttack
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
Outside of the scoring part (which there is some argument about), isn't that essentially Sheppard or Galliardi? Or heck, Tim Kennedy? Shep and Galli are both supposed to have Top-6 potential. I'm sure Desi can fill in that 4th-line wing spot if needed.

Would I like someone like Seto or similar player back to add scoring depth? Sure. But I'm not giving up Demers for them. Quite honestly, the Sharks have enough assets at the moment that the ONLY trade they should be looking at is Murray + Clowe for younger, faster, 2nd-line forward who isn't as physical as Clowe, but who is more of a goal-scorer.

If they are going to deal defense, they can move players like Braun, Irwin, or Tennyson for someone like Sheppard if necessary. A player with the skill but who has other issues that makes them a bit of a risk.
He's thinking more of a 2nd/3rd line tweener. Galiardi is a strictly bottom 6 guy at this point and I'd like to see Sheppard back with Worcester continuing to find his game again. Neither are more than adequate 3rd liners, and many would argue they are less than adequate. Sharks bottom 6 has 3 points this year...

When the top line scoring inevitably slows down the lack of scoring depth will become apparent. Hopefully Gomez can help with that, but CHimera's (or a similar player) about 30 pts/year would help.

SnarkAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:08 PM
Ninja Hertl
formerly sharkohol

Quote:
Uh, Gomez has been one of the faster bottom six forwards in the two games he's played....

in fact from what I remember is that his speed is one of his remaining good qualities?

Ninja Hertl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:16 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Gomez is a great skater. Of all the things to complain about with Gomez, it shouldn't be speed...

Anyway, in these types of threads, I just defer to Vaasa. He's right. Either trade Clowe+Murray for a speedier, shooting 2nd liner winger, or stand pat. No more trading picks or top prospects.

Personally, I'd be a fan of swapping Galiardi with Clowe. Gali has looked quite good this season. Healthy, motivated, physical. I think he'd be a great fit with Couture and Havlat. Then Gomez gets two solid wingers in Clowe and Wingels.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:17 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
Just a random question to Flames fans: What is the price for Lee Stempniak?
Probably a 2nd round pick or we move him with Butler/Smith to try and get a big physical #4 defensemen. So ideally Murray is who we would want.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 04:48 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Probably a 2nd round pick or we move him with Butler/Smith to try and get a big physical #4 defensemen. So ideally Murray is who we would want.
So Murray for Stempniak? I would absolutely do that when Burns and Demers come back from injuries.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:20 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I would have offered Raymond, but 3 goals in 4 games makes me rethink throwing him into every proposal under the sun.
Raymond is going nowhere now that Schroeder has revitalized his career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
No way we give up our 1st for MPS.
You wouldn't give up a late 1st for him? Watched the Oilers/LA game and he looked pretty decent in a 3rd line role.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:26 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
You wouldn't give up a late 1st for him? Watched the Oilers/LA game and he looked pretty decent in a 3rd line role.
Uh...no. I'd rather take my chances on drafting someone in this deep draft than trade it for a guy that hasn't done much in the NHL.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:27 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Uh...no. I'd rather take my chances on drafting someone in this deep draft than trade it for a guy that hasn't done much in the NHL.
Oh Right... deep draft.

Fair enough.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:47 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
So Murray for Stempniak? I would absolutely do that when Burns and Demers come back from injuries.
Yea that seems like a fair swap imo.

Old
01-28-2013, 07:15 PM
Westin

As a Shark fan iwould like to se Paajarvi to the sharks. Big guy with alot of speed and hands. should be a top 6 in time.

Westin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:39 PM
hohosaregood
Drunken Snacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westin View Post
As a Shark fan iwould like to se Paajarvi to the sharks. Big guy with alot of speed and hands. should be a top 6 in time.
Sounds like Steve Bernier.

hohosaregood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:04 PM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Yea that seems like a fair swap imo.
Sign me up.

Any chance we could get Glencross instead? We'd have to add - probably Braun or Demers instead of Murray

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:07 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
Sign me up.

Any chance we could get Glencross instead? We'd have to add - probably Braun or Demers instead of Murray
Nope not only my favorite player but with his contract and level of play is worth probably more than Iginla.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:10 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westin View Post
dont know about the bolded Paajarvi is just a taller version of Cogliano\Marchant.
All the speed and supposed skill but just not good enough to be a scoring top 6.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:24 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
I would want a conditional pick from SJ if Murray did not resign. How is he starting to look anyway, is age starting to catch up to him?

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:26 PM
Leidi J

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
I would want a conditional pick from SJ if Murray did not resign. How is he starting to look anyway, is age starting to catch up to him?
he looks better than last year, i think he was injured and that affected him. he's still slow as molasses though. he's good for toughness, muscle, and blocking shots. i'd also say he's a solid veteran locker room presence if that's the kind of thing you value. his speed is a detriment.

Leidi J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohosaregood View Post
Sounds like Steve Bernier.
Minus the speed and hands part.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:29 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkohol View Post
Uh, Gomez has been one of the faster bottom six forwards in the two games he's played....

in fact from what I remember is that his speed is one of his remaining good qualities?
His speed is very good. He can still pass, too. Every thing else is below AHL standards.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote