HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 5: What's that teams name? @ Phoenix Coyotes |1-26-13| 6PM

Old
01-27-2013, 02:23 PM
awfulwaffle

vCash: 500
I'll take the blame for this one fellas. The only game I've been to this year was the Blue Jackets game, and we won. It's clear that I need to be in attendance at every game of the year if we want to win.

awfulwaffle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:52 PM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

wow. what a difference a good training camp makes for a team that needs to play in a strict system. We're out of sorts in varying degrees of players in and out of game shape. LOL is tolerable as a backup at best and is only ever going to hold a team to 3 goals (and you need to pray he doesn't fall asleep and let in that 4th cheap goal in). It's early. We're in deep but there is time.

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 03:28 PM
moosemeister

Any of you think the looming deadline for ownership may be taking affect as well?

moosemeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 03:36 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemeister View Post
Any of you think the looming deadline for ownership may be taking affect as well?
I do. I think that if they knew it was going to get done - with certainty- it would be a boost of confidence. But they're floundering right now and it's hard to tell if these are just mistakes due to having new players, not enough camp, too many injuries, or if it's weighing heavily on them. Of course, they've been able to put it aside in the past but I would think eventually it just wears you down. I know the fans are worn down from the issue.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 03:57 PM
Magnifique

I don't think ownership has anything to do with our play as of late. People are creatures of habit, athletes even more so. We look out of sorts because we are. The 'Yotes need time to get back into their rhythm. Once they do that, we will be just fine.

Oh yeah, we need LOL on the bench and Smith playing like he did last year. That would help, too.

Once we get going, with the offense we have added and Boeds/OEL showing that they're starting to really have control of their skill, we will have our fourth consecutive playoff appearance.

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:14 PM
Deputy Dawg

Why didn't Richards get an instigator for the Doan "fight"?

Quote:
46.11 Instigator - An instigator of an altercation shall be a player who by his actions or demeanor demonstrates any/some of the following criteria: distance traveled[/B]; gloves off first; first punch thrown; menacing attitude or posture; verbal instigation or threats; conduct in retaliation to a prior game (or season) incident; obvious retribution for a previous incident in the game or season.
And Richards wears a visor, right?

Quote:
46.6 Face Protection - If a player penalized as an instigator of an altercation is wearing a face shield (including a goalkeeper), he shall be assessed an additional unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

Should the player (including a goalkeeper) who instigates the fight be wearing a face shield, but removes it before instigating the altercation, the additional unsportsmanlike conduct penalty shall not apply.
Bad officiating was a factor in this game, but we lost due to bad goaltending. I understand we made some mistakes, but that's why you have a goaltender. The rebounds Barbs was giving up were ridiculous.

Deputy Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote