HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sens-Yotes

Old
01-27-2013, 08:16 AM
Jakey53

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan47 View Post
You can be a #1 center and not be one of Malkin, Crosby, Stamkos, or Tavares. Clearly Yandle wouldn't garner one of them with a + or even alone, however someone like Stastny, Krejci, or Zajac isn't out of line. Then to add say a 3rd or 4th round pick in there just to even things up a bit? I think that would be a pretty fair trade that if a team that needed his services brought to GMDM he might take them up on it.
Exactly.

Jakey53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:06 AM
SenateReform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey53 View Post
Maybe not Yandle, but OEL, and the others you mentioned in your previous post sure would.
We were talking about Yandle specifically, and now you're changing it to OEL?

Ok, I'll concede too, maybe you could flip a good #1 D-man for one of the lesser #1 centers in the league. You'd have to check with other fan bases though. There's no way the Sens would consider Yandle for Spezza, let alone adding on top of him.

SenateReform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:02 AM
ATdaisuki
invisible

as good as yandle is, i think the sens will target a stop gap, #4/5, right shot, puck moving defenseman and wait to see how ceci pans out. our left side is solid long term (cowen two years, rfa - methot three years, ufa - phillips two years, ufa - wiercioch one year, rfa - borocop one year, rfa - claesson three years, rfa). we are weak long term on the right side though (karlsson seven years, ufa - gonchar one year ufa - benoit one year ufa - lundin one year, ufa - ceci three years, rfa - gryba two years, rfa).
so our defense next year could look like

methot - karlsson
cowen - gryba
phillips - ceci
wier
boro

if no moves are made and people aren't resigned. we could play someone on their off-side (wiercioch, because he's a puck mover, or give rookie ceci top four minutes and put gryba on the third pairing), but as i said earlier, a stop gap to let ceci play another year in the ohl, then a year in the ahl, or maybe he'll be ready for bottom pair minutes next season.

in conclusion (tl;dr), the sens need someone to play the other side, perhaps just until ceci is ready. why pay the assets to get yandle when we could either use those assets to fill a real need, or use fewer assets on a stop gap?

oh yeah, trading for yandle then flipping him for a real need isn't smart. we just payed for him, so we could cut out phoenix and deal directly for the player we want. i don't think we'd get the same value we payed for him after we acquire him. i feel other teams will be unwilling to pay the same price we did.

ATdaisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:02 PM
YotesFan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenateReform View Post
We were talking about Yandle specifically, and now you're changing it to OEL?

Ok, I'll concede too, maybe you could flip a good #1 D-man for one of the lesser #1 centers in the league. You'd have to check with other fan bases though. There's no way the Sens would consider Yandle for Spezza, let alone adding on top of him.
To be fair I wouldn't do it from a Phoenix standpoint either. Spezza is awesome but I don't think he would be quite the type of player we would want. Maybe I'm wrong though. Anyway I agree, I think Phoenix might have to add to get Spezza, but I don't think it would be a lot.

YotesFan47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

vCash: 50
Quote:
To be fair I wouldn't do it from a Phoenix standpoint either. Spezza is awesome but I don't think he would be quite the type of player we would want. Maybe I'm wrong though. Anyway I agree, I think Phoenix might have to add to get Spezza, but I don't think it would be a lot.
Yandle doesn't get Ottawa to pick up the phone. It would be OEL+ for Spezza.

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:28 PM
YotesFan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Then Phoenix would hang up the phone. Spezza is not the one Phoenix would be looking for, or even really able to trade for I'm sure, we were merely getting on the same page for what Yandle is in terms of value.

If you guys need help on the blue line then something more minor around Stone, Summers, or Schlemko is a lot more likely. Schlemko likely has the most value while Stone has the higher upside ( Stone is also basically ready to jump into a 5/6 roll now, I see him as being a good 3/4 TWD in a few years). I wouldn't mind moving either of them for a top 6 forward prospect that is close to ready and depending on who it is maybe a lower pick.

Old
01-27-2013, 03:00 PM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

Quote:
If you guys need help on the blue line then something more minor around Stone, Summers, or Schlemko is a lot more likely. Schlemko likely has the most value while Stone has the higher upside ( Stone is also basically ready to jump into a 5/6 roll now, I see him as being a good 3/4 TWD in a few years). I wouldn't mind moving either of them for a top 6 forward prospect that is close to ready and depending on who it is maybe a lower pick.
Stone for Hoffman

Old
01-27-2013, 03:13 PM
YotesFan47

Quote:
Stone for Hoffman
Based on what HF has on him it looks like a few more years before he could be considered for a top 6 roll. We would be looking for something a little more ready. Also how is his defensive play? We would need someone that would fit in with Tipp, not someone who will likely be hanging around in the AHL because they cant keep it together in their own zone.

Old
01-27-2013, 03:31 PM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

Quote:
Based on what HF has on him it looks like a few more years before he could be considered for a top 6 roll. We would be looking for something a little more ready. Also how is his defensive play? We would need someone that would fit in with Tipp, not someone who will likely be hanging around in the AHL because they cant keep it together in their own zone.
He could play in the top 9 now. Next season theres a chance he could be a top 6er but more likely not. Eventually though I think he will be a 40-50 point player.

Hes not bad defensively but not good either. I doubt he has Tippetts reQDlessly high standard of defensive ability.

Hes good on the point of a power play as well.

Old
01-27-2013, 04:07 PM
zerekstar

Quote:
Everyone always has a higher value on their own players then they do what they are trading for. Yandle for Spezza seems quite fair but OEL+ for Spezza would be absurd. Not because Spezza is not equal in talent but because Spezza has a lot less years left in him then OEL does who is projected to be one of the top blue liners in the league. I would rather keep 20 years of OEL then 10 years of Spezza. And OEL has not hit his prime where as Spezza is probably starting to come out of his.

zerekstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:40 PM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerekstar View Post
Everyone always has a higher value on their own players then they do what they are trading for. Yandle for Spezza seems quite fair but OEL+ for Spezza would be absurd. Not because Spezza is not equal in talent but because Spezza has a lot less years left in him then OEL does who is projected to be one of the top blue liners in the league. I would rather keep 20 years of OEL then 10 years of Spezza. And OEL has not hit his prime where as Spezza is probably starting to come out of his.
Id rather have a #1 center and a #1 dman than no #1 center and 2 #1 dmen.

Basically im taking team needs into consideratio for player value..

Also, Spezza is 29. Hes got 3-4 more years in his prime.

Old
01-27-2013, 05:09 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Stone for Hoffman
Ah, how about Matheieu Brodeur for Mark Stone

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:09 PM
The Brewmeister
#Winning.

Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
Quote:
OEL is unmovable for Phoenix. We can easily get players that will work with the system that are better choices than Spezza. While Spezza is a great player, he doesn't fill a team need that we can't get on a more affordable contract and for a lesser price.

The Brewmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:59 PM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
Ah, how about Matheieu Brodeur for Mark Stone
I'm gonna go ahead and assume you dont know who Hoffman is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brewmeister View Post
OEL is unmovable for Phoenix.
Never thought otherwise.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:48 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
I'm gonna go ahead and assume you dont know who Hoffman is.
Small, average skater, decent hands, hockey sense but lacks the size to play as physical as he did in the lower levels. Or if he is Tippet kinda guy. Or maybe you don't know how good Michael Stone is. Just because the Coyotes have defensive depth does not mean that he is expendable. More likely Gormley gets traded than Stone. He has already proved his worth.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:55 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Spezza is not that valuable a piece. While he is a genuine #1 center, there are far better and cheaper choices out there in the off season, such as Thornton. He is simply not someone that you would sell the farm for. The only players that we would consider for OEL plus are pretty much named Crosby, Stamkos, Tavares, etc.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:05 PM
inthewings

Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
Spezza is not that valuable a piece. While he is a genuine #1 center, there are far better and cheaper choices out there in the off season, such as Thornton. He is simply not someone that you would sell the farm for. The only players that we would consider for OEL plus are pretty much named Crosby, Stamkos, Tavares, etc.
I must disagree sir.

inthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:07 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthewings View Post
I must disagree sir.
Then you no longer need to bring up any deal involving OEL and the Sens, unless you are willing to offer up Karlsson. That is literally the only player interesting enough for us to think about moving OEL, that's it....

Old
01-27-2013, 09:23 PM
Dirtysweet

Since Bishop has lost most of his value, what about a deal centered around Anderson? He has been playing lights out and has been arguably one of our best. Maybe it will give both teams what they both need. Just throwing it out there.. Yandle for Anderson?

Dirtysweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:31 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtysweet View Post
Since Bishop has lost most of his value, what about a deal centered around Anderson? He has been playing lights out and has been arguably one of our best. Maybe it will give both teams what they both need. Just throwing it out there.. Yandle for Anderson?
Even if you offer up Hasek in his prime, it wouldn't interest us enough to think about moving Yandle; since we have no need whatsoever for another starting goalie....

Where do the Sens fans come up with this stuff. The Yotes need forwards, mostly ones with top end skills that can be the go to guy in tight situations. That's pretty much it, no other trade proposal need apply if they simply blatantly disregard our team needs.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:33 PM
inthewings

Quote:
Then you no longer need to bring up any deal involving OEL and the Sens, unless you are willing to offer up Karlsson. That is literally the only player interesting enough for us to think about moving OEL, that's it....
Well you're obviously not trading a 21-year old OEL for 29-year old Spezza. That's more a testament to OEL having huge value than it is to Spezza not being very valuable.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:34 PM
inthewings

Quote:
Even if you offer up Hasek in his prime, it wouldn't interest us enough to think about moving Yandle; since we have no need whatsoever for another starting goalie....

Where do the Sens fans come up with this stuff. The Yotes need forwards, mostly ones with top end skills that can be the go to guy in tight situations. That's pretty much it, no other trade proposal need apply if they simply blatantly disregard our team needs.
As a Sens fan this thread is mostly embarrassing.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:39 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Umm.. Ottaawa says no.

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:41 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Well you're obviously not trading a 21-year old OEL for 29-year old Spezza. That's more a testament to OEL having huge value than it is to Spezza not being very valuable.
The only player the Coyotes would be interested in is Zibanejad, and he hasn't exactly lit it up in the AHL. So I doubt the Senators sell low. Just don't see the Sens and Yotes as ideal trading partners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Umm.. Ottaawa says no.
Quote:
As a Sens fan this thread is mostly embarrassing.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:50 PM
inthewings

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
The only player the Coyotes would be interested in is Zibanejad, and he hasn't exactly lit it up in the AHL. So I doubt the Senators sell low. Just don't see the Sens and Yotes as ideal trading partners.
No, I don't think they match up at all. If Phoenix is moving Yandle, I'm assuming it has to be for a proven top-6 forward, and Ottawa doesn't have one to offer.