HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks 3, CBJ 2

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2013, 05:52 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
I think bickell has played pretty well and made some nice plays tonight.

Shaw on the other hand has looked horrible, though less horrible the past 2 games.

I still can't figure out why shaw is getting PP time, should give Saad a shot there to see if they can get him going offensively, not like shaw is doing anything novel.
Not even Saad, Bickell scores a great tip in goal, which he has done before it's not some fluke, he is the largest Hawks forward and has good hands but can't get on the PP? Makes 0 sense to me.

PS who scored the lone PP goal in the play-offs last year?

Hey Q, got on this.

Old
01-27-2013, 06:01 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Plain and simple the Hawks stole this victory, the Bluejackets out played them and had a clean a goal as possible discounted. Not complaining just stating fact, fact also is Hawks got the W and another 2 points.

Hammer continues to look unreal and has been the Hawks best D-man in the first 5 games. He carried Oduya for several times tonight when Oduya made some bad plays and is doing everything, hitting, blocking shots, moving the puck well. Can't give him enough praise.

Crawford played well tonight again. However like in every game it seems there is that 1 goal where you shake your head and chuckle. 2nd goal nothing he could do, that's a goal against any goalie 9 times outta 10, and the goal that didn't count was a nothing he could do there. However the first goal, yes the D should have cleared it but he also really needs to work on his sprawling, he ended up with his back to the play and way out of position. The goal where Rosival knocked him over he couldn't or didn't get up and a couple of the times where Keith prevented a goal was because Crawford had gotten himself out of position. He needs to control himself better and work on keeping control when on the ground.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:58 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
Hawks are keeping Stalberg on the third line so that it will be easier to negotiate a contract. If he has a big year of say 30 points (pro-rated 51 for a full 82 game season) he's gonna ask for a contract with money the Hawks probably can't afford right now. I really want him re-signed though. I hope the Hawks are working something out with a cap hit under 3 with a bit of term (say 4 years).
Gawd, I hope not!

Last edited by BobbyJet: 01-27-2013 at 02:00 PM. Reason: referring to opening statement of quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:14 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
play more like this Craw and play at this level all the time. Then you will be seen as a #1. Mason looked good, I'd take him as Backup

Hjalmarsson with a good game again, Toews with a good goal and Kane showed up again. Bolly took 2 STUPID penalties, he can't do that again. Just hope they played as bad as they did because they knew we would win against Columbus.
Shaw still doesn't look like he belongs.

been saying this since after the Blues game.

Stalberg is lost without more help and it looks like Mayers/Bollig hold down Frolik & Krüger a bit. Mayers made a nice pass to Frolik, I give him that.
LOL: just let it slide....just let it slide.

I won't be surprised if Q soon tries Kruger between 29 and 25. Shaw is a bit better lately but it's looking like he is bewildered trying to play center. We need him to be the agitator type that he has been as a winger or he is ineffective. And it's not like Shaw is out of shape - he needs to get better or he wiilll find himself in the press box before long. Maybe time for Q to put him back on the wing.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:55 AM
RayP

Pardon my ignorance if this has been mentioned already... but am I the only one who is convinced they were piping in fake crowd noise? Sounded like the entire crowd "erupted" yet all the camera views of the crowd at that time, they were just emotionless and just all sitting there.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:46 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
LOL: just let it slide....just let it slide.

I won't be surprised if Q soon tries Kruger between 29 and 25. Shaw is a bit better lately but it's looking like he is bewildered trying to play center. We need him to be the agitator type that he has been as a winger or he is ineffective. And it's not like Shaw is out of shape - he needs to get better or he wiilll find himself in the press box before long. Maybe time for Q to put him back on the wing.
I wouldn't split Krüger and Frolik. Looks like they have a good chemistry and working very well together. Krüger and Stalberg showed good chemisty in the past.

That would be my 3rd line. Frolik and Krüger are more time in the offensiv zone than in the defensiv at even strength.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:04 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
A win is a win is a win.

Take the points and bring it tonight.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:36 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
I was confused with he D pairing at the end of the game. No 2 or 7 but 27 and 4 , which I don't mind 4. But 27?!
You mean that #27 that leads the entire team in +/-?

Old
01-27-2013, 01:38 PM
BronYrAur

Hawks were pretty bad last night....pretty lucky to win in regulation obviously. Crawford was strong though.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:16 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Pardon my ignorance if this has been mentioned already... but am I the only one who is convinced they were piping in fake crowd noise? Sounded like the entire crowd "erupted" yet all the camera views of the crowd at that time, they were just emotionless and just all sitting there.
Jackets fan at the game, last night. It was a very engaged crowd, with a good number of Hawks fans, too.

Old
01-27-2013, 04:09 PM
Sarava

Wow what a fun road trip that was. I made the 5.5 hour drive each way to Columbus and had seats right on the glass. My boss calls my cell between the 1st and 2nd periods and was like, dude every time the puck comes to your end of the ice we see you on tv. I have the game dvr'ed so I'll be looking for that when i can watch it.

It was a fun experience. I like their arena a lot. The people there were very nice. We met Hawk fans from so many different places. Rochester, New York... Houston, Texas.... Indianapolis...they came from everywhere and many were transplants that used to live in Chicago but don't anymore.

As for the game itself. That certainly was the worst game the Hawks played so far this young season. I guess it was expected a bit. You can't play at 99 mph every game...it just doesn't happen. Toews' goal looked incredible. I'm glad they came out of it with the 2 points.

Closed Thread