HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Race to the Bottom - Rebuild Thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-27-2013, 04:54 PM
  #351
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Others have pointed out the flaws in this, I don't have to.

They saved me the trouble..

Sure I understood what you wrote, but that Krejci/Bergeron thing kinda makes me question if you did.
In other words no response, what is your solution?

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:54 PM
  #352
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 55,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
If you are a GM, Which would you prefer?
Phaneuf at 6.5? Chara - Norris trophy winner
Grabo 5.5? Bergeron- shell of his first line self but more of a second line enigma now
Grabo 5.5? Krejci- Second line center who does everything
Komisarek at 4.5? Seidenburg - offensive defensivemen who knows offense but lacks defensive accumen that he is capable of
Lupull at 5.25? Lucic - Rare breed of fighter heavy weight that has a good offensive skill set as well

BTW the bolded, did you actually just say that about one of the premere leaders and 2 way center's in the NHL the past 5 years?
I would prefer Malkin on the first line and Kopitar on the second line.

But what does that have to do with who is on the Bruins?

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA3LN_8hjM8.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:55 PM
  #353
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,945
vCash: 100
By the way, Lucic has a cap hit of 6M from next year (when the cap is going down), he's massively overpaid. 6M should be reserved for stars, Lucic is no star. He's probably the 4th or 5th best forward on the Bruins.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:55 PM
  #354
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
If you are a GM, Which would you prefer?
Phaneuf at 6.5? Chara - Norris trophy winner
Grabo 5.5? Bergeron- shell of his first line self but more of a second line enigma now
Grabo 5.5? Krejci- Second line center who does everything
Komisarek at 4.5? Seidenburg - offensive defensivemen who knows offense but lacks defensive accumen that he is capable of
Lupull at 5.25? Lucic - Rare breed of fighter heavy weight that has a good offensive skill set as well

BTW the bolded, did you actually just say that about one of the premere leaders and 2 way center's in the NHL the past 5 years?
Okay now you are trying to totally change the topic.

The original question was about cap hit and I asked you simply HOW ON EARTH are players such as Bergeron, Seidenberg, and Krecji not considered overpaid when Grabovski is supposed to be.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:56 PM
  #355
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
ErnieLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
In other words no response, what is your solution?
No need to beat a dead horse, right?

ErnieLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:57 PM
  #356
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
By the way, Lucic has a cap hit of 6M from next year (when the cap is going down), he's massively overpaid. 6M should be reserved for stars, Lucic is no star. He's probably the 4th or 5th best forward on the Bruins.
Holy **** seriously? I get he's a core player due to his rare combo but dayum

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:57 PM
  #357
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philkessel View Post
Didnt he just finish 6th in scoring but krejci is good value at 5.25 you are so blinded by your tank fantasy you cant even think straight.
Krejci is a proven center that has scored 73 points in a season, has led the Bruins in playoff scoring the year they won the cup, he is again a Center, not a winger you are comparing him to. Why don't you compare him to a similar position player, it would seem intelligent to do so.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:59 PM
  #358
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Okay now you are trying to totally change the topic.

The original question was about cap hit and I asked you simply HOW ON EARTH are players such as Bergeron, Seidenberg, and Krecji not considered overpaid when Grabovski is supposed to be.
Nope, I posted cap allocation to the poster above. He knew, or maybe he didn't judging by his posts today.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:00 PM
  #359
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
No need to beat a dead horse, right?
Cap allocation again, you never explained how ours is better than the Bruins. Reading comprehension 101.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:02 PM
  #360
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
ErnieLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Nope, I posted cap allocation to the poster above. He knew, or maybe he didn't judging by his posts today.
While completely ignoring that there is no argument for cap space/allocation, given that our best center's cap hot doesn't hinder management from doing ANYTHING THEY WANT in the future.

I think that's the point being crucially missed in all of this.

ErnieLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:02 PM
  #361
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,945
vCash: 100
I just think it's unfair to compare bottom feeding teams (Leafs so far) to a Stanley Cup winner.

When you're good you can expect to get discounts from players. The Bruins got no discount from Lucic...don't you think 6M is quite a bit to pay to him?

You can't tell me he's really as skilled as Krejci, Bergeron, Seguin, Chara etc.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:04 PM
  #362
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 55,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Cap allocation again, you never explained how ours is better than the Bruins. Reading comprehension 101.
There is no cap problem.

There is no player that is unsigned.

If you could take 2 million from Grabovski's cap hit what would you do with it?

ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:04 PM
  #363
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
I would prefer Malkin on the first line and Kopitar on the second line.

But what does that have to do with who is on the Bruins?
Question is why are we tying up players to long overpaid contracts when they don't cut it, by cut it, I mean cut it on a losing team. Do you see any evidence they are going to turn this team around, by taking a chunk out of our 64M cap. If so, point me the way, I am listening.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:04 PM
  #364
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
ErnieLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Cap allocation again, you never explained how ours is better than the Bruins. Reading comprehension 101.
Maybe you neglected to read that someone made the point for me, this no reason to regurgitate that information.

Reading and Comp. 101? Come again?....

ErnieLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:05 PM
  #365
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
While completely ignoring that there is no argument for cap space/allocation, given that our best center's cap hot doesn't hinder management from doing ANYTHING THEY WANT in the future.

I think that's the point being crucially missed in all of this.


How is our cap allocation better than Boston's, last time?


Last edited by ULF_55: 01-27-2013 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Flaming
Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:06 PM
  #366
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Nope, I posted cap allocation to the poster above. He knew, or maybe he didn't judging by his posts today.
Again you are changing the topic. There is no cap problem that you are claiming and if that .5 mil of overpayment man the UFA would become a gong show for sure

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:06 PM
  #367
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
ErnieLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Question is why are we tying up players to long overpaid contracts when they don't cut it, by cut it, I mean cut it on a losing team. Do you see any evidence they are going to turn this team around, by taking a chunk out of our 64M cap. If so, point me the way, I am listening.
Show me a guy that can turn this team around with 5.5 million. Really, I'd love to see it

And why, in a team game, ate you putting such reaponsibility on a 2nd line center...

These are better inquiries

ErnieLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:07 PM
  #368
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Maybe you neglected to read that someone made the point for me, this no reason to regurgitate that information.

Reading and Comp. 101? Come again?....
How is paying Grabo 5.5M or Phaneuf 6.5 better than paying Bergeron 5M or Chara 6.9M

Shouldn't this team try for better?

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:07 PM
  #369
Philkessel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Krejci is a proven center that has scored 73 points in a season, has led the Bruins in playoff scoring the year they won the cup, he is again a Center, not a winger you are comparing him to. Why don't you compare him to a similar position player, it would seem intelligent to do so.
I think krejci is payed reasonably as is kessel you are the one trying to say that kessel is over paid shouldnt you be the one to compare him to the other top scoring wingers in the league and show that kessel is over paid.

Philkessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:08 PM
  #370
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,945
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Question is why are we tying up players to long overpaid contracts when they don't cut it, by cut it, I mean cut it on a losing team. Do you see any evidence they are going to turn this team around, by taking a chunk out of our 64M cap. If so, point me the way, I am listening.
I don't see why you don't like Grabovski. He gives a 100% effort on both ends of the ice.

You support Phil Kessel but yet you don't mind if he's floating in our zone and giving away the puck.

It takes an effort at both ends of the ice to win the game. Clearly Bozak and Kessel are just not good enough to play hockey in our zone...we lose games because not every line and not every player is committed to playing a 200 ft game to win.

Let's just say that we didn't have Grabovski right now.

Where do you put that 5.5M?

We have ZERO cap problems.

If Corey Perry and Getzlaf came to the Leafs that they want to sign with the Leafs, the Leafs will find a way to sign them both. It's not going to be hard if the player wants to come.

What's the point of cap space if there is no place to use it?

We have money but no where better to use it.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:08 PM
  #371
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Again you are changing the topic. There is no cap problem that you are claiming and if that .5 mil of overpayment man the UFA would become a gong show for sure
Grabo is a cap allocation, Dion is a cap allocation, Lupul is a cap allocation. I'm sorry if you guys don't get it.

They are not worth their salaries, compared to better teams cap allocations.

They take up space in a cap structure. Can't state it any more clearer.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:11 PM
  #372
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Show me a guy that can turn this team around with 5.5 million. Really, I'd love to see it

And why, in a team game, ate you putting such reaponsibility on a 2nd line center...

These are better inquiries
Have you heard of me use the term core, now you are changing the topic.

What has this core done, have we made the playoffs yet?

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:11 PM
  #373
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,945
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Grabo is a cap allocation, Dion is a cap allocation, Lupul is a cap allocation. I'm sorry if you guys don't get it.

They are not worth their salaries, compared to better teams cap allocations.

They take up space in a cap structure. Can't state it any more clearer.
If we follow that train of thought, nobody on the Leafs is worth their salaries because we're a terrible bottom feeding team.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:12 PM
  #374
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 55,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
How is paying Grabo 5.5M or Phaneuf 6.5 better than paying Bergeron 5M or Chara 6.9M

Shouldn't this team try for better?
You are talking fantasy though.

Leafs don't have to pay Chara or Bergeron, they are Bruins.

Leafs didn't pass on any players due to cap hit.

Paying Kessel 4 million won't make the team any better.

ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:13 PM
  #375
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Grabo is a cap allocation, Dion is a cap allocation, Lupul is a cap allocation. I'm sorry if you guys don't get it.

They are not worth their salaries, compared to better teams cap allocations.

They take up space in a cap structure. Can't state it any more clearer.
It more so seems like Majority versus minority for you my friend.

Grabo is damn sure worth his salary, so no, no cap allocation. Dion it can be argued and I can admit he's overpaid and is not playing to his abilities. Lupul aside from his injuries he is damn sure worth it for his skill.

Cap structure is fine and it seems more and more you are just fretting over 5.5 mil which we can easily move around with other players lol.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.