HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

#05 Sabres at Caps Sun Jan 27 3:00PM ET TV: NHLN, MSG-B Radio: WGR-AM

Old
01-27-2013, 05:03 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentrix View Post
I'm not a chronic blame-Ruff guy, but putting Gerbe on the top line was a complete bonehead decision. You can't argue with that.
Considering Gerbe got less even strength time than everybody not on the 4th line, that expirement didn't last long. That said, I'm not sure we have a 2nd line left winger without Vanek, let alone a top line LW.

jflory81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:09 PM
Fire Me
Cleared, BUT NOT OUT

There's always next year guys!!! HOCKEY HEAVEN!

Mad props to the other Sabres fans in Sec. 428, me and my gf had a great time

Fire Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
Considering Gerbe got less even strength time than everybody not on the 4th line, that expirement didn't last long. That said, I'm not sure we have a 2nd line left winger without Vanek, let alone a top line LW.
So do we experiment by moving a winger to the other side if we can, call up, or maybe make a stop gap trade? When Vanek comes back the depth issue will still be there. Depth is a very large problem right now. In some areas at least.

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:26 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
So do we experiment by moving a winger to the other side if we can, call up, or maybe make a stop gap trade? When Vanek comes back the depth issue will still be there. Depth is a very large problem right now. In some areas at least.
AFAIK, neither Pommers or Stafford have ever played on the left. I think it's just a consequence of it being a rebuiliding year. It's actually a little scary that Armia's a RW too. Trying to swap Staff for a comparable LW'er might not be a bad idea in the off-season if no one steps up at LW.

We could also shift Ennis to the left and play Ott/Hecht at center. Of course then more people will scream about Hecht's ice time, considering the reaction in here when he was 8th among forwards in ES ice time today

jflory81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:30 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
AFAIK, neither Pommers or Stafford have ever played on the left. I think it's just a consequence of it being a rebuiliding year. It's actually a little scary that Armia's a RW too. Trying to swap Staff for a comparable LW'er might not be a bad idea in the off-season if no one steps up at LW.

We could also shift Ennis to the left and play Ott/Hecht at center. Of course then more people will scream about Hecht's ice time, considering the reaction in here when he was 8th among forwards in ES ice time today
Hecht has done alright things. From what I hear Armia is either really good or almost detrimental but I don't watch him in Europe. He looked good in July when I saw him play here. Trading Stafford for an LW of ~ equal value would be helpful, But I want to be sure if that happens that if Armia comes over he can play well.

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote