HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NJ (3) v. WSH (2), OT

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2013, 06:22 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycobb View Post
No I am asking how much you watch Sid and Ovi? I doubt I watched anywhere near 10% of their games and I watch a lot of hockey. Unless you are a fan of the teams it would be hard to watch each team night and night out.
I watch a lot of Capitals games because most of my friends from college are Caps fans. As for Crosby, on nights when the Devils don't have a game I often do watch Penguins games for him and Malkin. Over several years, I have watched more than enough of both of them to form a valid opinion of them.

Offensive stats are not the only thing to consider with them. Corsi is important, and Crosby is amazing in that regard.

And then the real test, ask any GM or coach around the league which they'd rather have and you'll get the same answer from all of them.

Old
01-27-2013, 06:42 PM
tycobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Crosby is also the best faceoff guy on his team and is taking defensive zone draws, while starting Ovechkin in the defensive zone is useless. Ovechkin is further from his net when gameplay resumes.

That's one of the many flaws in your argument.
Crosby wasn't significantly better than Letestu (55.6% v 55.4%) but the media really pounded that story of Crosby working on his Face off in the off-season. No where near a Toews or Bergeron or Datsyuk level.

Old
01-27-2013, 06:51 PM
apice3*

Like most Crosby vs. Ovechkin debates, this is totally hopeless.

Old
01-27-2013, 06:52 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycobb View Post
Crosby wasn't significantly better than Letestu (55.6% v 55.4%) but the media really pounded that story of Crosby working on his Face off in the off-season. No where near a Toews or Bergeron or Datsyuk level.
55% is pretty damn good in the NHL, and Letestu is a scrub who doesn't take many faceoffs to begin with. Crosby's sample size is much larger, which makes it more impressive. He is an excellent two-way player who has still had 100+ point seasons.

I just cannot believe that you are trying to use a statistical argument against Crosby.

Old
01-27-2013, 06:52 PM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
we drafted a goalie?

vCash: 369
so we're all done discussing the OT win huh?

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Closed Thread