HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nhl 13

Old
09-17-2012, 02:31 AM
vh2k7

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docgonzo View Post
I don't like the skating in the game, have difficulties getting my players to go where I want them to go. Plus I love that they still are calling Lewis "Boyle" figure they'd figure that out after 2 years of the same mistake.
To be fair, it wouldn't be hockey with Gary Thorne if he wasn't mispronouncing names or failing to identify the correct player.

vh2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 07:51 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vh2k7 View Post
To be fair, it wouldn't be hockey with Gary Thorne if he wasn't mispronouncing names or failing to identify the correct player.
Huselius = Useless, that one always made me crack up.

So does anyone know how this new potential system works? My game showed up on Saturday and I've been going through rosters seeing who was included, who was left out and such. If I'm understanding the new system correctly, some of these guys are horribad misrated...

So looking at things, it would appear that Gibson, Weal, and Andreoff are all better prospects with higher upside than Tyler Toffoli. It seems like looking through all the leagues that the whole of the WHL is underrated... Speaking of Toffoli, here is his the brief analysis on this site of game:

Quote:
Toffoli has definite offensive skill, but it remains to be seen how much it will be on display at the pro level. If he reaches his potential, Toffoli should be one of the better offensive prospects from his draft class. His average skating ability could hold him back, though.
That's pretty much spot on as far as a short scouting report goes for Toffoli. Looking at his ratings on this game, all of his in potential in offensive skills are around 2 stars. His potential in skating however is 3 stars... Like I said either I don't get the new system yet or it's a really screwed up rating for Toffoli. I mean shouldn't his highest potential be in offensive skills and then his skating potential be middle of the road and not the other way around? His sub-par skating was why he fell in the draft, his sub-par skating part of the reason he didn't make the WJC team this past year, but in this game his skating is... his strongest attribute?

Also who's bright idea was it at EA to have the NHL Moments Live menu split into the 2011-2012 season and the 2012-2013 season? Did no one have the foresight to realize their may not be a 2012-2013 seaon...

Last edited by tigermask48: 09-17-2012 at 08:28 AM.
tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 10:42 AM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
Anyone else having pretty serious bug issues?

The biggest flaw is getting a - when allowing a goal when killing a penalty. I have noticed that some penalties expire at the next whistle for no apparent reason.

I also took a penalty in the 1st period of a game and the entire game simmed after that without letting me out of the penalty box.

All of this on be a pro mode.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 11:40 AM
KingNothing4

As far as the ratings go, the one thing that bugged me with '12 was the enforcers being rated as high as they were. I understand they were rated against each other, but they were played on higher lines than other better all-around players. In my 3rd year on GM mode, Phoenix has 5 enforcers playing, 1 on the 1st line, 1 on the 2nd line, 1 on the 3rd line, and 2 on the 4th. It's retarded and PHO is absolutely horrible because of it. Sounds like it might have been fixed, but like said above, will they still play and serve their role or crumby players with slightly better rating play the 4th line role now?

Another weird thing is some of the guys teams send to the AHL for no apparent reason. I've seen a couple times, where a teams best player at a position is in the AHL...

KingNothing4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

I just played the demo. I didn't plan on buying this year's game, but after seeing the real broadcast cam, I think I'm going to get this game. I was very surprised that EA has finally figured out how to have the broadcast cam.

Vamos Rafa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 06:01 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

I might just skip this year's game. I still got a bunch of games I need to buy. Resident Evil 6, Sleeping Dogs, Assassin's Creed 3 (also ACII), Tekken Tag Tournament II

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 06:21 PM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
Simon Gagne and Anze Kopitar have the same ratings and you still ask what is wrong with the ratings?
#FAIL

...I am not even going into the retarded Canucks/Leafs ratings...
Minor for the one billionth time ratings are not a true reflection of the overall player!!!!!
I have simmed 5 seasons of the Kings

Kopitar: Goals: 31, 26, 35, 30, 28
Assists: 44, 58, 47, 47, 52

Gagne: Goals: 17, 12, 14, 21, 9
Assist: 12, 31, 17, 18, 22

I played 1 season as the Kings in All Star mode 8 min periods

Kopitar first line Centre: Goals 34 Assists 48
Gagne 2nd line LW: Goals 16 Assists 24

Brown had a big year with 41 goals 29 assists.
Stoll playing 3rd line Centre I could only muster 8 goals 21 assists.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 09:44 PM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

I have only played NHL 12 and I could only go for one season in the GM mode. How many seasons does the GM mode have? I don't know if I could ever complete the career mode. 82 games is just too many. I can do it with FIFA since there are only 40 some games each season.

Old
09-23-2012, 10:21 PM
KingNothing4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
I have only played NHL 12 and I could only go for one season in the GM mode. How many seasons does the GM mode have? I don't know if I could ever complete the career mode. 82 games is just too many. I can do it with FIFA since there are only 40 some games each season.
You can go as long as 25 years in GM mode, and I think as short as 5 years. I only play every 6 games so goes by quicker for me. With Be-A-Pro, I don't want to play every single game, but your player sucks when you simulate, so I gave up on that. I played every 3rd game in that mode and wasn't too bad (still sucked those 2 simmed games, but the game I played kept the stats up), just takes forever.

KingNothing4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 12:34 AM
EDITMAN2411

Anyone on PSN wanna play on an EASHL Kings team?

Add me and we'll try a few games.
PSN: Editman2411

EDITMAN2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
I think the game is fantastic. They did change the skating quite a bit, for the better imo. You can't just turn at full speed and stop on a dime. When you're at full speed you're more likely to lose the puck. The hacky one timers seem to be much harder to do, BUT if you get your best shooters to good scoring areas you're able to score with aimed wristers. It's more realistic.

Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:16 PM
SCARFACE909

I made this custom intro for the Kings in NHL 13 yesterday, what do you guys think?

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:45 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 View Post
I made this custom intro for the Kings in NHL 13 yesterday, what do you guys think?

Whoa, did you edit the goal horn in or was it really part of the intro in the game?

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:57 PM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

EA still can't get Staples Center right. The ribbon board is hung on the second floor of the suites!

Old
01-26-2013, 07:12 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenKing18 View Post
Whoa, did you edit the goal horn in or was it really part of the intro in the game?
No I put the horn in

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:51 PM
KOPITARRULEZ11

Quote:
No I put the horn in
scarface you gotta hear how i won the moment live it would of have been epic if it was real

KOPITARRULEZ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:42 PM
KingPuckChoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
What are the special features of the Stanley Cup edition? I mean, besides the cover. Give me a reason why in the hell it's $20 more expensive.
Quote:
- Exclusive collectible Stanley Cup® tin featuring an embossed Stanley Cup image

- Two Stanley Cup® Theme Hockey Ultimate Team packs featuring randomized player items from the Western and Eastern Conference Champions

- Gold Jumbo Hockey Ultimate Team Pack (Regular) featuring 24 randomized items, including an exclusive Wayne Gretzky Hockey Ultimate Team Legend and six other rare items

- A CCM Boost Pack featuring the all-new CCM RBZ stick (For use in Be a Pro and EA SPORTS™ Hockey League)

- A 10% discount on a one-time purchase at shop.NHL.com

- A complete copy of NHL 13

WOWZA!!

KingPuckChoo is offline   Reply With Quote