HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary - Boston

Old
01-27-2013, 07:52 PM
Deen

vCash: 147
Calgary - Boston

To Boston: Jarome Iginla + Cory Sarich

To Calgary: Nathan Horton + Matt Bartkowski

I always believe that Iginla would be a perfect Bruin. I think he has served his time in Calgary and deserves a chance to win. Sarich would be a nice addition on the blue line also. Calgary gets a younger although not quite as good version of Iginla back in Horton. Bartkowski I know little about, but seen he has a few NHL games under his belt. There may have to be some form of salary dump coming back from Boston instead of Bartkowski, but all things considered. Is there a deal to be made here?

Deen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:56 PM
Oates2Neely

vCash: 500
No. Boston is a contender, they will not trade their 1st line winger for a rental. A rental would be added for picks or prospects.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:57 PM
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior

Zero reason for Calgary to do this.

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:11 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
No. Boston is a contender, they will not trade their 1st line winger for a rental. A rental would be added for picks or prospects.
They are both rentals

Pass if we move Iginla it is for prospects and picks not a soon to be UFA who has had concussion issues.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:12 PM
Deen

Iginla is definitely an upgrade on Nathan Horton. Horton is also an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:13 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Just for the record and full disclosure, right now our first line winger is also a rental.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:16 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
Just for the record and full disclosure, right now our first line winger is also a rental.
Very true, but our team will be competing in the playoffs. Contenders don't trade away quality players, UFA-to-be or not.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:21 PM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

As a Boston fan, I would take this. I like Horton a lot but Iginla is still better.

My guess is Calgary would not do this.

ToddRundgren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:34 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen View Post
To Boston: Jarome Iginla + Cory Sarich

To Calgary: Nathan Horton + Matt Bartkowski

I always believe that Iginla would be a perfect Bruin. I think he has served his time in Calgary and deserves a chance to win. Sarich would be a nice addition on the blue line also. Calgary gets a younger although not quite as good version of Iginla back in Horton. Bartkowski I know little about, but seen he has a few NHL games under his belt. There may have to be some form of salary dump coming back from Boston instead of Bartkowski, but all things considered. Is there a deal to be made here?
I get the feeling that Boston would give up a much better deal in prospects/picks than that since Horton will be an UFA after this season.

I get the feeling that they would give up a 1st, Jordan Caron or Jared Knight and another mid level prospect for Iginla alone.

I already know that Flames fans won't like that, but that is the kind of deal that a great player who is a rental usually returns. Neither Hossa or Kovalchuk got a return any better than that. Iginla is probably a little below those guys level but that is probably somehwere around the going rate depending on if they let a bidding war start up or not.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:36 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Very true, but our team will be competing in the playoffs. Contenders don't trade away quality players, UFA-to-be or not.
Kessel, Stuart, Wheeler, Colburne plus picks traded prior to Cup win.

While I'd keep Horton in this scenario , I disagree that 'team doesn't trade quality'. Of course teams do if they think they have a shot at being better and winning it all. You must trade quality to get quality. Unless of course Milbury comes back.

Gee Wally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:42 PM
Deen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I get the feeling that Boston would give up a much better deal in prospects/picks than that since Horton will be an UFA after this season.

I get the feeling that they would give up a 1st, Jordan Caron or Jared Knight and another mid level prospect for Iginla alone.

I already know that Flames fans won't like that, but that is the kind of deal that a great player who is a rental usually returns. Neither Hossa or Kovalchuk got a return any better than that. Iginla is probably a little below those guys level but that is probably somehwere around the going rate depending on if they let a bidding war start up or not.
That's a good package and all, but if I was Calgary I would want a proven asset in Horton coming back. Horton to me is essentially Iginla-lite and if both teams could re-sign their respective new players, I think the deal is quite fair taking age into consideration.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:43 PM
CaptainCrunch67

Terrible value for the Flames.

A trade has to benefit both sides, only the Bruins get any benefit in this scenario

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:44 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen View Post
That's a good package and all, but if I was Calgary I would want a proven asset in Horton coming back. Horton to me is essentially Iginla-lite and if both teams could re-sign their respective new players, I think the deal is quite fair taking age into consideration.
He is a UFA and can walk so we could end up with Bartkowski to show for Iginla and Sarich

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:00 PM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Krejci for Iginla straight up

Lucic-Seguin-Iginla
Marchand-Bergeron-Horton

The Dangley One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:44 PM
Fire Julien

Horton is finished, if Iginla is traded it'll be for a guy who can still play for years.

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:52 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Horton is finished, if Iginla is traded it'll be for a guy who can still play for years.
How old do you think Horton is?

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:55 PM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 50
Why the **** would Calgary even think about doing this?

GetThePuckOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:19 PM
Baddkarma
El Guapo to most...

Send a message via AIM to Baddkarma
To Boston:
Iginla

To Calgary:
Peverly
Caron
Bartkowski

Not a bad return for a 36 year old. Lets face it the Flames and Iginla would have to agree to go to a contender and Boston in one of the them. So the return will be limited due to the short list.

You could substitute the Penguins, Blackhawks, Blues etc as far as the list goes.

Iggy deserves for his last 2-3 years to be on a contender. Too classy to ask himself I'm sure so the Flames should ask his camp.

01-27-2013, 11:30 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddkarma View Post
To Boston:
Iginla

To Calgary:
Peverly
Jordan Caron
Bartkowski

Not a bad return for a 36 year old. Lets face it the Flames and Iginla would have to agree to go to a contender and Boston in one of the them. So the return will be limited due to the short list.

You could substitute the Penguins, Blackhawks, Blues etc as far as the list goes.

Iggy deserves for his last 2-3 years to be on a contender. Too classy to ask himself I'm sure so the Flames should ask his camp.
Not a chance, In fact that is not even close.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:34 PM
Some Other Flame

All the proposals in this thread for Iginla are awful.

Nathan Horton with severe concussion issues as the principal piece coming back? Hilariously delusional. And yes, I'm aware a Flames fan proposed it.

Quote:
To Boston:
Iginla

To Calgary:
Peverly
Caron
Bartkowski

If by not bad you mean absolutely terrible, then yes, you're right.

A third line centre, a mid prospect and a bottom pairing defensemen? Even Sutter could get a better return.

Some Other Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:38 PM
Baddkarma
El Guapo to most...

Send a message via AIM to Baddkarma
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Not a chance, In fact that is not even close.
Alright, closer than you say, but ok. Lets make it Bourque-esqe

To Calgary:
Peverly
Caron
Bartkowski
2013 1st

To Boston:
Iginla
Stepniak

Baddkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:01 AM
Frankie Spankie

Calgary would never do this. If they're trading Iginla, it's going to be of something of more value than a winger who's on his last year of a contract and has played 50 games in the span of almost two years after being sidelined twice for concussions.

On the other hand, I'll definitely do this as a Boston fan.

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:06 AM
Money Baer
Unsustainable

vCash: 50
It's a bad proposal. If Calgary trades Jarome Iginla it's because we are out come trade deadline... We would want to acquire picks & prospects not rentals.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:26 AM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Alright, closer than you say, but ok. Lets make it Bourque-esqe

To Calgary:
Peverly
Caron
Bartkowski
2013 1st

To Boston:
Iginla
Stepniak
How would you justify it as being close? At best Caron and Bartkowski project to be nothing more than depth players at the NHL level. They are essentially throw in's that add no value whatsoever from a Calgary standpoint. Every NHL franchise has those types of prospects in their system and they become redundant incredibly fast.

I can tell you for certain that Calgary would have absolutely no interest in centering a trade for their franchise player around Rich Peverly. It's just not happening.

I also don't think it is fair to use the Bourque trade as a reference due to the fact that it occurred over a decade ago. In addition to that Bourque was also 39 years old at the time (compared to 35 for Iginla) and was having the worst statistical year of his career.

Both of your proposals are met with a resounding no from this Flames fan.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:01 AM
ALI

man the CGY-Bos offers just keep getting worse and worse

ALI is offline   Reply With Quote