HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets interested in Subban?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-27-2013, 05:32 PM
  #51
Sweech
Kane & The Dane
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,152
vCash: 5239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungagalunga View Post
I'd prefer not to have a $4,000,000 turtle in our line-up.

Sweech is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 05:38 PM
  #52
Conflicted Habs fan
Registered User
 
Conflicted Habs fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 685
vCash: 50
Subban to Winnipeg? Not going to happen

Conflicted Habs fan is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 05:47 PM
  #53
HannuJ
Registered User
 
HannuJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronno
Posts: 1,422
vCash: 50
Hainsey walks next year. $4.5 million.
you hand that money to PK for 3 years and trade them Hainsey (cap space) and a 2 and 3 round pick. maybe even Teigen.

HannuJ is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 06:02 PM
  #54
Ramsalot
Rergisterd Uhrser
 
Ramsalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Derpronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 193
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
I am stunned that the Flyers haven't done it already.
Couldn't they have already done though? Doesn't a player have to sign an offer sheet before it's worth the paper it's printed on? Maybe he has been offered an offer sheet but only wants to play in Montreal? A week into the season and everyone knows the Habs are trying to lowball him...

Makes those commercials he did about how he loves the game so much and just wants to play even more ironic

Ramsalot is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 07:19 PM
  #55
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conflicted Habs fan View Post
Subban to Winnipeg? Not going to happen
Source?

Puckschmuck* is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 07:49 PM
  #56
JetsFan815
Registered User
 
JetsFan815's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 500
Doesn't make any sense from the Jets PoV. In fact I would be genuinely pissed if Chevy trades for him. If we make this deal we'll have ~20million tied up on the top 4 D when Bogo signs the deal (unless Bogo is part of the package going to the Habs). It's not worth it to have that stacked a D when the forwards aren't there yet. I'd be shocked if Chevy makes this deal. If Chevy wants to make a splash he should try acquiring a forward (Ryan O'Reilly), getting another D is not the best use of resources. If we do make the trade the following players should be off the table:

Kane
Wheeler
Buff
Enstrom
Schieflie
Trouba

If one of these players is part of the package going to Montreal then fans should be out on the streets with pitchforks ready to run Chevy out of town

JetsFan815 is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 08:20 PM
  #57
cheswick
Non-registered User
 
cheswick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Peg City
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,444
vCash: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
Source?
Common sense?

cheswick is online now  
Old
01-27-2013, 08:21 PM
  #58
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Common sense?
Sarcasm?

Puckschmuck* is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 09:04 PM
  #59
Fuelled by Passion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
Jason Garrison isn't a good comparison to PK Subban. He got what he got cuz there was no free D avail this off-season, so you have to over-pay.

Subban was playing first pair D cuz habs don't have anyone better, and Markov was injured for 2 years. If your team doesn't have anyone better and you forced to play top-2 D it doesn't make you real top-2 D

Like I said he is a dirty player who can't fight, has ego issues, not really smart defensively, slow with low hockey sense. So he is pretty much mini Buff - hockey sense. Do you need this kind of guy locked for 6-7 years 5 mil contract? I'll pass

P.S The amount of sticks he breaks will effect ticket cost

Fuelled by Passion is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 09:49 PM
  #60
Flair Hay
Registered User
 
Flair Hay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,842
vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
Jason Garrison isn't a good comparison to PK Subban. He got what he got cuz there was no free D avail this off-season, so you have to over-pay.

Subban was playing first pair D cuz habs don't have anyone better, and Markov was injured for 2 years. If your team doesn't have anyone better and you forced to play top-2 D it doesn't make you real top-2 D

Like I said he is a dirty player who can't fight, has ego issues, not really smart defensively, slow with low hockey sense. So he is pretty much mini Buff - hockey sense. Do you need this kind of guy locked for 6-7 years 5 mil contract? I'll pass

P.S The amount of sticks he breaks will effect ticket cost
He had 38 and 36 points his first two years in the league. Like you said, Markova was injured. Those numbers could have been even better WITH Markov. He was a +9 on the 3rd worst team in the league.

And he's going into his third year. Having too much coin tied up in D is a legit point. 30% or so of our cap in the top 4 is a lot. That said, Vancouver has about the same. The Rangers will too when McDonough is off his ELC. An average of $5M per for top four defenseman is probably 500k-1 mil above average, but not ridiculous for how effective they would be IMO.

Your really hating on the guy's attitude if you don't see him as a #1
defenseman in a year or two at the latest. Their isn't much to hate about his skill set unless you really hate how chippy he is. In that case you might not like Trouba either?...

I would also like to state that saying Subban has low hockey sense is a pretty wild claim...not sure how you came to that conclusion. And slow? WTF...


Last edited by Flair Hay: 01-27-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Flair Hay is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 11:18 PM
  #61
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,746
vCash: 500
Jets going after a rightie defender is about as likely as us going for a top 6 left wing.

JetsHomer is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 11:20 PM
  #62
Fuelled by Passion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
I would also like to state that saying Subban has low hockey sense is a pretty wild claim...not sure how you came to that conclusion. And slow? WTF...
So how many smart passes have you seen from this guy? How many times did you see him sneak to back door? Does his finesse impress you? How fast he skates with a head up to look for a guy he can pass to? How fast he skates back to do D? Do you really like his acceleration? He sure can get the puck into the zone (not watching what's around him) or he sure has a bomb as his slap-shot and very strong but that's pretty much his major skills.
I'm not watching every game of habs, but everytime I do it goes like this. He gives the puck away and then he is to lazy to go back and back-check. On PP he dumps the puck in (or carries) the puck in and freezes on blue-line. When he get's the puck he either shoots it or passes is on the blue line to another D. So basically you can't use him as QB cuz of his lack of passing skills and creativity.

Now for the stat's you gave me, they're all nice. But how come you forgot about this stats?
He is ultimate give-away king with 88 (Plekanec is second with 48) while he has only 26 take-aways. Hainsey had only 33 last year and I consider him give-away machine along with Stuart
For a big physical D he had only 105 hits (less then Bogo, Burmi or Wheeler or MaxPac or Georges on his team).

Besides I think Jets are pretty solid on blue line with healthy Enstrom, Bogo and Buff. Trouba will grow into nice top-4 D I believe. If there is any young D I would pay the price to get it would be OEL. I'm willing to give a core piece, prospect and a pick for this guy but not for Subban


Last edited by Fuelled by Passion: 01-27-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Fuelled by Passion is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 11:49 PM
  #63
KingBogo
Admitted Homer
 
KingBogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 6,654
vCash: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsFan815 View Post
Doesn't make any sense from the Jets PoV. In fact I would be genuinely pissed if Chevy trades for him. If we make this deal we'll have ~20million tied up on the top 4 D when Bogo signs the deal (unless Bogo is part of the package going to the Habs). It's not worth it to have that stacked a D when the forwards aren't there yet. I'd be shocked if Chevy makes this deal. If Chevy wants to make a splash he should try acquiring a forward (Ryan O'Reilly), getting another D is not the best use of resources. If we do make the trade the following players should be off the table:

Kane
Wheeler
Buff
Enstrom
Schieflie
Trouba

If one of these players is part of the package going to Montreal then fans should be out on the streets with pitchforks ready to run Chevy out of town
The player I would want to run Chevy out of town if he traded would be Bogo. Right now PK probably has more value so we would have to add. In a couple years I think Bogo will be the better all around d-man. You add to that he likes Winnipeg and is probably as low maintenance as you can get. With him you have a loyal anchor for your defense for the next 15 years. Personally while I'm a Scheifele supporter I could live with him being part of a package for PK.

KingBogo is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 11:50 PM
  #64
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,344
vCash: 500
Keep Subban away from my team. He is easily the most overrated player in the NHL. Giveaway machine with absolutely no positional sense, then you have his huge ego and problems getting along with people...I want no part of this guy, for basically any price. Montreal can keep him.

Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
01-27-2013, 11:52 PM
  #65
Zhamnov10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Jets going after a rightie defender is about as likely as us going for a top 6 left wing.
Why would you say that we only have 1 top six left winger!

Zhamnov10 is online now  
Old
01-28-2013, 12:04 AM
  #66
Flair Hay
Registered User
 
Flair Hay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,842
vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
So how many smart passes have you seen from this guy? How many times did you see him sneak to back door? Does his finesse impress you? How fast he skates with a head up to look for a guy he can pass to? How fast he skates back to do D? Do you really like his acceleration? He sure can get the puck into the zone (not watching what's around him) or he sure has a bomb as his slap-shot and very strong but that's pretty much his major skills.
I'm not watching every game of habs, but everytime I do it goes like this. He gives the puck away and then he is to lazy to go back and back-check. On PP he dumps the puck in (or carries) the puck in and freezes on blue-line. When he get's the puck he either shoots it or passes is on the blue line to another D. So basically you can't use him as QB cuz of his lack of passing skills and creativity.

Now for the stat's you gave me, they're all nice. But how come you forgot about this stats?
He is ultimate give-away king with 88 (Plekanec is second with 48) while he has only 26 take-aways. Hainsey had only 33 last year and I consider him give-away machine along with Stuart
For a big physical D he had only 105 hits (less then Bogo, Burmi or Wheeler or MaxPac or Georges on his team).

Besides I think Jets are pretty solid on blue line with healthy Enstrom, Bogo and Buff. Trouba will grow into nice top-4 D I believe. If there is any young D I would pay the price to get it would be OEL. I'm willing to give a core piece, prospect and a pick for this guy but not for Subban
Agree to disagree man. You seem to know your **** pretty well too so I can live with that. I've always seen his skating as well above average and I think he's only going to get better as time goes on bit if you don't see it that way that's alright.

The wtf was probably unnecessary lol. Cheers, solid win tonight it's too hard to be in a bad mood.

Flair Hay is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 12:05 AM
  #67
TroubaFan1
Registered User
 
TroubaFan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 895
vCash: 500
Dont mind the idea of this thread, but IMO we already have enough offense coming from the blue line.

TroubaFan1 is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 12:07 AM
  #68
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO
 
Reed Solomon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Man.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,081
vCash: 500
I don't see it.

Reed Solomon is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 12:37 AM
  #69
Lux Aurumque*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Norway
Posts: 15,653
vCash: 500
I would gladly trade Kane for Subban, one for one.

Lux Aurumque* is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 12:37 AM
  #70
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 4,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsFan815 View Post
Doesn't make any sense from the Jets PoV. In fact I would be genuinely pissed if Chevy trades for him. If we make this deal we'll have ~20million tied up on the top 4 D when Bogo signs the deal (unless Bogo is part of the package going to the Habs). It's not worth it to have that stacked a D when the forwards aren't there yet. I'd be shocked if Chevy makes this deal. If Chevy wants to make a splash he should try acquiring a forward (Ryan O'Reilly), getting another D is not the best use of resources. If we do make the trade the following players should be off the table:

Kane
Wheeler
Buff
Enstrom
Schieflie
Trouba

If one of these players is part of the package going to Montreal then fans should be out on the streets with pitchforks ready to run Chevy out of town
Bogo is part of this list, for me. No way i trade him for anything right now, especially PK. No chance. Subban is not as good a folks seem to think he is. I would stay with Bogo 100% over PK.

Bob E is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 12:40 AM
  #71
Jet
Moderator
Band of Beavers
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Whipanegg
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,470
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines View Post
I would gladly trade Kane for Subban, one for one.
That is just an awful trade.

No way, no how.

__________________
Band Of Beavers
Jet is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 12:41 AM
  #72
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 4,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines View Post
I would gladly trade Kane for Subban, one for one.
Don't think Chevy even remotely considers that.

Chevy and TN preaches patience and building through the draft. I don't see a 'splash' move for Subban in the cards, unless it was for Buff, and there's no way Buff is being moved now. Nor should they move Buff. He's playing very well. Montreal can keep their PK sideshow.

Maybe they could trade him to the Oil for Yak. That's more believeable.

Bob E is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 12:43 AM
  #73
ghost88*
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines View Post
I would gladly trade Kane for Subban, one for one.

ghost88* is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 12:43 AM
  #74
jiho
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 420
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines View Post
I would gladly trade Kane for Subban, one for one.
Insane. How would that help our team? I like Subban but if we are going to make a big move, let's use our resources to get another top 6 forward. To spend big money on someone who would be our 4th D (once Bogo returns) would be a total waste of valuable cap money.

jiho is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 12:49 AM
  #75
Lynk
Registered Bro
 
Lynk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,618
vCash: 500
I haven't been silent in my personal thoughts on Evander in the past.

But no way or how would I ever trade Kane straight up for Subban. Not even close.

Lynk is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.