HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Jerseys - Part VIII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2013, 02:07 PM
  #451
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyRangers View Post
Cool thanks i ordered two more indos from Amazon to get my size then sending back and ordering canadian Authentic from Ice jersey......

I wouldnt put my jersey in washing machine. If i want to preserve it, i send it to dry cleaner esp if its authentic and you paid ~$300
That's how I see it. I've never put a jersey in the wash unless I was cleaning my actual jerseys from the teams I've been on. Freshman year in college they picked two freshman on the squad who had to launder the jerseys all year; one of us got home, the other away. That sucked.

SERE 24 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 04:28 PM
  #452
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,214
vCash: 476
I'm selling a few jerseys. A blue Reebok Premiere Marc Staal jersey, Men's large/x-tra large, haven't checked in a bit, Worn once, extremely good condition. No tears stains etc. Comes from a non smoker's home.

and a heritage Lundqvist jersey. It's pretty big. I don't think it's authentic, I think it's a knock off (I got it for free) but it's still decent, and you can't tell unless you're a hard core jersey collector. Everything's stitched/sewn in on it. No tears, rips etc. From a non smoker's home. Very clean. Cheap price as it's not "authentic"

I'm not giving them away per se, but I'm not looking to make a "profit" reasonable pricing negotiations to fit what you can possibly afford.
College needs money so I have to give up some.


Last edited by Silence Of The Plams: 01-24-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Silence Of The Plams is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 04:32 PM
  #453
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin2D View Post
I have one and my brother has two. They exist, but they were extremely difficult to procure. You'll never find one not on ebay now.
I saw one on sale for 100$ in the Ice House (Hackensack) pro-shop marked down from $150. No number. But I would take a look at it first to make sure.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 02:47 AM
  #454
MannyQ1293
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 15
vCash: 500
I picked up my Callahan jersey from Cosbys today but something i realized when getting home is that they didn't put a Nameplate on it.. I'm wondering is it really that important to include on the Jersey? i kinda wish i would have noticed it before i left but i rushed outta there.. Other than that i think they did a really good job on it


MannyQ1293 is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:58 AM
  #455
Occidentalist
Beernerd
 
Occidentalist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
Considering the Rangers use nameplates, yeah, I would personally feel that it's important. Especially if that's an authentic jersey.

Occidentalist is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:18 AM
  #456
Leetch2McDonagh27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyQ1293 View Post
I picked up my Callahan jersey from Cosbys today but something i realized when getting home is that they didn't put a Nameplate on it.. I'm wondering is it really that important to include on the Jersey? i kinda wish i would have noticed it before i left but i rushed outta there.. Other than that i think they did a really good job on it
Also considering that you payed more at Cosby's to get the lettering, and they did not use Nameplates (which the Team uses), I would be absolutely annoyed. You said you payed $100 at Cosby's? I did 2 customs (McDonagh and Kreider) at the NHL Store and it was perfect, since they send to to AW which is the same place the Rangers use. Just my .02 Cents


Last edited by Leetch2McDonagh27: 01-26-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Leetch2McDonagh27 is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:42 AM
  #457
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyQ1293 View Post
I picked up my Callahan jersey from Cosbys today but something i realized when getting home is that they didn't put a Nameplate on it.. I'm wondering is it really that important to include on the Jersey? i kinda wish i would have noticed it before i left but i rushed outta there.. Other than that i think they did a really good job on it


It's so funny, Cosby's has this great reputation but I have heard about 5 horror stories (from jersey aficionados who consider something like not using a nameplate a big problem - I would if it was my authentic jersey) in the last year alone. Cosby's actually sucks. I will never use them again after the garbage heat seal they did on shoulder patch for one my jerseys I left with them. Patch was not straight and glue was visible on the jersey from the patch moving and the whole time I was under the impression it would be stitched on.

SERE 24 is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 12:10 PM
  #458
Leetch2McDonagh27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
It's so funny, Cosby's has this great reputation but I have heard about 5 horror stories (from jersey aficionados who consider something like not using a nameplate a big problem - I would if it was my authentic jersey) in the last year alone. Cosby's actually sucks. I will never use them again after the garbage heat seal they did on shoulder patch for one my jerseys I left with them. Patch was not straight and glue was visible on the jersey from the patch moving and the whole time I was under the impression it would be stitched on.
Cosby's imo is living on pure past reputation. It's a shame, since they used to do really really good work (which seems like a long time ago). One should not accept iron-on/heat seal and no name plates, especially when paying the premium they charge.

Leetch2McDonagh27 is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:25 PM
  #459
MannyQ1293
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 15
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch2McDonagh27 View Post
Also considering that you payed more at Cosby's to get the lettering, and they did not use Nameplates (which the Team uses), I would be absolutely annoyed. You said you payed $100 at Cosby's? I did 2 customs (McDonagh and Kreider) at the NHL Store and it was perfect, since they send to to AW which is the same place the Rangers use. Just my .02 Cents
Yup $103 I'm going to email them today before work about it i was going to wear it today but not if its gonna make me look like an idiot while doing so..I wish i would have just got it done at the NHL store i didn't even know they send it out to get customized

MannyQ1293 is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 05:44 PM
  #460
lhg39
Manny Malhotra Fan
 
lhg39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyQ1293 View Post
Yup $103 I'm going to email them today before work about it i was going to wear it today but not if its gonna make me look like an idiot while doing so..I wish i would have just got it done at the NHL store i didn't even know they send it out to get customized
You're not going to loom like an idiot and 95% of fans wouldn't even notice. If it will bother you, get it fixed. If you dpn't really care, it is not a major deal. I personally think jerseys look better without a nameplate and until the switch to Edge jerseys the Rangers only wore nameplates in the preseason.

lhg39 is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 06:19 PM
  #461
McDunna with Fries
Registered User
 
McDunna with Fries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhg39 View Post
You're not going to loom like an idiot and 95% of fans wouldn't even notice. If it will bother you, get it fixed. If you dpn't really care, it is not a major deal. I personally think jerseys look better without a nameplate and until the switch to Edge jerseys the Rangers only wore nameplates in the preseason.
I guess we all have our opinions on this, but as someone who loves to collect authentics, I disagree. Most people that prefer authentic jerseys subscribe to a sub-culture among hockey fans that appreciate authentics. If you're willing to dish out money for an authentic jersey, you might as well get it done the right way. If you're looking to just blend in or support your favorite player, then you might as well have gotten a premier replica jersey.

McDunna with Fries is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 06:21 PM
  #462
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDunna with Fries View Post
I guess we all have our opinions on this, but as someone who loves to collect authentics, I disagree. Most people that prefer authentic jerseys subscribe to a sub-culture among hockey fans that appreciate authentics. If you're willing to dish out money for an authentic jersey, you might as well get it done the right way. If you're looking to just blend in or support your favorite player, then you might as well have gotten a premier replica jersey.
Exactly, if you're spending the extra cash to get an authentic, it should be as close as possible to the real deal.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 07:56 PM
  #463
HeyRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Has anyone seen authentic Canadian version jerseys online? I saw them at ice jersey but are out of my size (52). They said they won't get restock from Reebok till late march.

HeyRangers is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 08:29 PM
  #464
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,678
vCash: 500
Half or more of the "authentics" at the MSG Team store were the Indonesian versions and a very, very limited amount of players from which to choose from. They didn't have any Girardi jerseys.

haohmaru is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 08:34 PM
  #465
McDunna with Fries
Registered User
 
McDunna with Fries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Half or more of the "authentics" at the MSG Team store were the Indonesian versions and a very, very limited amount of players from which to choose from. They didn't have any Girardi jerseys.
MSG team store authentics also have numbers and names pressed on rather than stitched, IIRC.

McDunna with Fries is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 10:08 PM
  #466
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !
 
x BEUKEBOOM x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NY Rangerville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
xxxxx


Last edited by x BEUKEBOOM x: 01-28-2013 at 10:13 PM.
x BEUKEBOOM x is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 08:53 PM
  #467
theartoffacts
Registered User
 
theartoffacts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
I have a question about the difference between 2 types of jerseys. Excuse me if it's a new jack question. When I go to dicks or look at the NHL online store, the premier jerseys for $160 have numbers and name in cloth but then the red is screen printed on. When I was at a game the other day they had jerseys there for $185 where the name and number were cloth for both the white and red. What is the jersey from MSG called and can I get it anywhere else besides the garden? The screen printed letters look a lot worse than the cloth ones for only a $25 difference. I don't have the money to shell out for an authentic. Any insight will help. Thanks.

theartoffacts is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 09:19 PM
  #468
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,214
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by theartoffacts View Post
I have a question about the difference between 2 types of jerseys. Excuse me if it's a new jack question. When I go to dicks or look at the NHL online store, the premier jerseys for $160 have numbers and name in cloth but then the red is screen printed on. When I was at a game the other day they had jerseys there for $185 where the name and number were cloth for both the white and red. What is the jersey from MSG called and can I get it anywhere else besides the garden? The screen printed letters look a lot worse than the cloth ones for only a $25 difference. I don't have the money to shell out for an authentic. Any insight will help. Thanks.
More expensive Premiers. That's all really

Silence Of The Plams is online now  
Old
01-28-2013, 10:49 PM
  #469
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theartoffacts View Post
I have a question about the difference between 2 types of jerseys. Excuse me if it's a new jack question. When I go to dicks or look at the NHL online store, the premier jerseys for $160 have numbers and name in cloth but then the red is screen printed on. When I was at a game the other day they had jerseys there for $185 where the name and number were cloth for both the white and red. What is the jersey from MSG called and can I get it anywhere else besides the garden? The screen printed letters look a lot worse than the cloth ones for only a $25 difference. I don't have the money to shell out for an authentic. Any insight will help. Thanks.
The NHL.com store is just insanely and pathetically cheap and so they use those lame screen printed numbers that make the jerseys look like garbage. 99% of other retailers use regular twill for both layers. It's the same jersey that the numbers are affixed to, the NHL just cheaps out on the material for the numbers which is really trash.

SERE 24 is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 01:52 AM
  #470
theartoffacts
Registered User
 
theartoffacts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Thanks so much. Do you guys know of any other specific places that carry the premiers with real twill? Stores like Dick's and stuff all have the screen printed ones. I could just grab one next time i'm at a game if I need to. Thanks again.

theartoffacts is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 09:17 AM
  #471
lhg39
Manny Malhotra Fan
 
lhg39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theartoffacts View Post
Thanks so much. Do you guys know of any other specific places that carry the premiers with real twill? Stores like Dick's and stuff all have the screen printed ones. I could just grab one next time i'm at a game if I need to. Thanks again.
SpoortsK and River City Sports use real twill.

lhg39 is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 09:48 AM
  #472
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,770
vCash: 500
http://www.chinajerseys123.com/Nhl-h...h_e116474.html

Anyone ever get a jersey from here?

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 10:59 AM
  #473
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,214
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
http://www.chinajerseys123.com/Nhl-h...h_e116474.html

Anyone ever get a jersey from here?
They're fake don't do t

Silence Of The Plams is online now  
Old
01-29-2013, 11:05 AM
  #474
district9
Registered User
 
district9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
http://www.chinajerseys123.com/Nhl-h...h_e116474.html

Anyone ever get a jersey from here?
my experience with sites like these is basically that if you get a normal home or away jersey, without an added C or A, they look fine. obviously a jersey collector or a bigger fan (someone who posts on this website) would notice the difference, but it's not so egregious that you'd be upset. the biggest problem is that you don't really know what you're getting until you get it, because each jersey they make is gonna look a little different. they all have manufacturing defects.

also, any alternate jerseys look horrible. especially the Rangers alternates, they're honestly laughable. The numbers look so incredibly bad that you can spot the fakes from full sections away at MSG.

my friend got a regular home Callahan jersey from here. honestly looks fine except for the C, which is WAY too high. almost at the shoulders. only other issue is the numbers on the back are big, but it's nothing horrible. you get what you pay for, if you want an extra jersey to play in or to wear when you go out with some friends, go for it. if you're expecting authentic quality, it's not even close. that said, i'm planning on buying either a Nash or Kreider jersey from one of these sites in the next few months.

district9 is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 11:14 AM
  #475
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
my experience with sites like these is basically that if you get a normal home or away jersey, without an added C or A, they look fine. obviously a jersey collector or a bigger fan (someone who posts on this website) would notice the difference, but it's not so egregious that you'd be upset. the biggest problem is that you don't really know what you're getting until you get it, because each jersey they make is gonna look a little different. they all have manufacturing defects.

also, any alternate jerseys look horrible. especially the Rangers alternates, they're honestly laughable. The numbers look so incredibly bad that you can spot the fakes from full sections away at MSG.

my friend got a regular home Callahan jersey from here. honestly looks fine except for the C, which is WAY too high. almost at the shoulders. only other issue is the numbers on the back are big, but it's nothing horrible. you get what you pay for, if you want an extra jersey to play in or to wear when you go out with some friends, go for it. if you're expecting authentic quality, it's not even close. that said, i'm planning on buying either a Nash or Kreider jersey from one of these sites in the next few months.
So what you are saying is I shouldn't get this jersey?

http://www.chinajerseys123.com/Nhl-h...h_e116474.html

I have a friend who has ordered multiple jerseys of different sports from this site. I am expecting it to look decent, obviously not perfect for the price, but I don't want to pay $100+ for a jersey I may wear once or twice a year considering how often I can make it to games.

NYR Viper is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.