HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jason Arnott fails physical; Deal with NYR off

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-27-2013, 08:19 PM
  #251
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,932
vCash: 500
John Scott

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:23 PM
  #252
Rangerfan4life90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: College Point, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,179
vCash: 500
Dom Moore would be a great pick up, but he may not want to play hockey this season.

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:25 PM
  #253
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,346
vCash: 500
Dreger reported that the Rangers were "uncomfortable" with his physical status, and then went on to imply that it was more conditioning ("still think he can help a team") than a health implication (like an unhealthy knee)...

If thats the case, maybe there is some development with someone like PK Subban where Sather would like to have as much flexibility for this year as possible? Just an idea, we were linked to him earlier this weekend.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:32 PM
  #254
Gardner McKay
Moderator
Hey Hey
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 11,539
vCash: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Dreger reported that the Rangers were "uncomfortable" with his physical status, and then went on to imply that it was more conditioning ("still think he can help a team") than a health implication (like an unhealthy knee)...

If thats the case, maybe there is some development with someone like PK Subban where Sather would like to have as much flexibility for this year as possible? Just an idea, we were linked to him earlier this weekend.
There is ZERO chance PK Subban would become a ranger. I would change my avatar to anything of your choosing (within board rules) if he does.

__________________
"If someone offers you an amazing opportunity and you're not sure you can do it, say yes - then learn how to do it later" - Richard Branson
Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:34 PM
  #255
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 48,436
vCash: 50
Welp, so much for that.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:36 PM
  #256
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
There is ZERO chance PK Subban would become a ranger. I would change my avatar to anything of your choosing (within board rules) if he does.
Just musing. Don't think its too likely either. But he would add that power play point shot we've lacked and add another defense man that Torts would trust to play more than 5 minutes a game...

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:39 PM
  #257
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,839
vCash: 500
I'd bring in Sykora. He'd be good on the right wing as a 20-20 player on the second line where Cally does not seem to have chemistry with Step.

Last year Sykora signed for a mere $650k. Even if we give him a full million, how much can it hurt? If it doesn't work out, then we'll still have more than enough cap room to bring in another player. Even if he is only going to serve as a replacement player, it's still preferable to calling up career AHLers.

Nash - Brad - Gabby
Hagelin - Step - Sykora
Pyatt - Boyle - Callahan
Rupp - Halpern - Ferriero/Asham

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:43 PM
  #258
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,180
vCash: 50
Awards:
LOL, great. Who's next on Sather's list?

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:43 PM
  #259
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
I'd bring in Sykora. He'd be good on the right wing as a 20-20 player on the second line where Cally does not seem to have chemistry with Step.

Last year Sykora signed for a mere $650k. Even if we give him a full million, how much can it hurt? If it doesn't work out, then we'll still have more than enough cap room to bring in another player. Even if he is only going to serve as a replacement player, it's still preferable to calling up career AHLers.

Nash - Brad - Gabby
Hagelin - Step - Sykora
Pyatt - Boyle - Callahan
Rupp - Halpern - Ferriero/Asham
We need face-off help man. Arnott provided that, hypothetically. Sykora is a winger. Maybe Moore could fit that but as said before who knows if he even wants that.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:47 PM
  #260
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod
 
FATCHAMALA11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,626
vCash: 500
Miller time

FATCHAMALA11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:47 PM
  #261
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,752
vCash: 500
The Rangers need to do this kind of thing once a week so Boyle has more games like last night's. Keep him scared, keep him desperate.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:52 PM
  #262
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
Last year Sykora signed for a mere $650k. Even if we give him a full million, how much can it hurt?
I think what we need is help at Center.

Boyle to the 4th line and an upgrade to the 3rd line C completes this team

__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:54 PM
  #263
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
I'd bring in Sykora. He'd be good on the right wing as a 20-20 player on the second line where Cally does not seem to have chemistry with Step.

Last year Sykora signed for a mere $650k. Even if we give him a full million, how much can it hurt? If it doesn't work out, then we'll still have more than enough cap room to bring in another player. Even if he is only going to serve as a replacement player, it's still preferable to calling up career AHLers.

Nash - Brad - Gabby
Hagelin - Step - Sykora
Pyatt - Boyle - Callahan
Rupp - Halpern - Ferriero/Asham
Sykora was only good because of Elias as I'm told by Devils fans. He's been washed up for years.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:54 PM
  #264
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
LOL, great. Who's next on Sather's list?
Tin Man


I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:00 PM
  #265
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,227
vCash: 500
Good, didn't want Arnott, didn't think he had enough left in the tank to help this team anyway. He looked slow, slow, slow last season.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:03 PM
  #266
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User
 
LittleKev6D9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Middletown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Just musing. Don't think its too likely either. But he would add that power play point shot we've lacked and add another defense man that Torts would trust to play more than 5 minutes a game...
PP is NOT a personnel issue. It is a pure coaching issue. If you can not score with Rick Nash, Marian Gaborik, Brad Richards, Ryan Callahan and Michael Del Zotto, then something needs to change coaching wise. I am so sick of seeing posts about improving the PP. It didn't change with the additions of Gomez, Drury, Redden, Morris, Gaborik, Kotalik, McCabe, Richards or Nash. It is horrible coaching at it's finest. No player will change that.

LittleKev6D9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:04 PM
  #267
Kreider Typical
flex
 
Kreider Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,554
vCash: 500
not a problem. would've been a decent pickup, but just frees more money up for a veteran defenseman

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:04 PM
  #268
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
give me the formuoli
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 16,697
vCash: 50
LOL I'm sorry, I don't know why but this made me lol.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:05 PM
  #269
Kreider Typical
flex
 
Kreider Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKev6D9 View Post
PP is NOT a personnel issue. It is a pure coaching issue. If you can not score with Rick Nash, Marian Gaborik, Brad Richards, Ryan Callahan and Michael Del Zotto, then something needs to change coaching wise. I am so sick of seeing posts about improving the PP. It didn't change with the additions of Gomez, Drury, Redden, Morris, Gaborik, Kotalik, McCabe, Richards or Nash. It is horrible coaching at it's finest. No player will change that.
but it did improve with the addition of zucc

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:09 PM
  #270
Riche16
McCready guitar god
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Good, didn't want Arnott, didn't think he had enough left in the tank to help this team anyway. He looked slow, slow, slow last season.
Brook... Ur kidding right? Ur a good poster... We need a versatile center, and MASSIVE HELP ON THE PP... I'm not saying he's the savior but his limited attributes couldn't hurt. Pending physical lol.

Now where are we?


Same spot... Lame in C and left... No depth...

Riche16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:19 PM
  #271
Riche16
McCready guitar god
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,877
vCash: 500
Look at the line proposals with arnott...

Look at them w/out.

Difference?

Riche16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:21 PM
  #272
silverfish
KEVIN!
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 17,306
vCash: 500
Time to start looking at potential rentals?

Is this the year the Rangers ACTUALLY add Iginla?

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:21 PM
  #273
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,259
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Look at the line proposals with arnott...

Look at them w/out.

Difference?
On paper?

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:24 PM
  #274
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 34,667
vCash: 500
Langkow maybe?

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:25 PM
  #275
Greg02
Registered User
 
Greg02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Look at the line proposals with arnott...

Look at them w/out.

Difference?
Honestly, the difference looks like Arnott is in one of them and not in the other.

Greg02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.