HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL part 4: season's starting, so let's mock everyone else

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2013, 07:40 PM
SkinnerStaal

vCash: 500
^

NM abt playing juniors together - Perry played for the London Knights (but was with a minor St Pete team before that)

Old
01-27-2013, 07:41 PM
geehaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnerStaal View Post
So here's a question for all - what if Semin has a good year, wants to resign, but Anaheim doesnt resign Perry before FA begins...do you chance losing Semin to sign Perry who would be similarly expensive and has played well with E Stall before? (on a side note, were Perry and Eric junior teammates?) Or would you choose Alex? I really think we could have just as good a chance as any to land Perry (assuming he makes it to FA and is not traded at the deadline).
Just as good of a chance as...what, exactly? Signing Semin? I'm not seeing how the Canes would have an equal shot at signing Perry as Semin...Semin should be *much* easier to sign.

Also, can't help but think that Corey Perry is going to be more sought after than Zach Parise was...not sure that bodes well for the Canes picking him up in free agency.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:45 PM
Novacane

Personally, I think we need a Semin type player more than a Perry type player. I know we lack some size in the top6 beyond the Staals, but I think Semin complements Staal more than Perry would.

Last edited by Novacane: 01-27-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old
01-27-2013, 07:49 PM
SkinnerStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by geehaad View Post
Just as good of a chance as...what, exactly? Signing Semin? I'm not seeing how the Canes would have an equal shot at signing Perry as Semin...Semin should be *much* easier to sign.

Also, can't help but think that Corey Perry is going to be more sought after than Zach Parise was...not sure that bodes well for the Canes picking him up in free agency.
Was referring to having just as good of a chance to sign Perry as any team other than Anaheim - and I agree Semin being here gives us a much better chance of seeing him in a Canes uniform next year

Old
01-27-2013, 08:07 PM
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor

NM, saw you answered your own question

Old
01-28-2013, 11:27 AM
Boom Boom Anton

I see Kaberle was a healthy scratch last night in Montreal. If/when Subban returns, you have to think he won't be seeing much PT at all. Thankfully the Canes aren't stuck with that contract.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:40 AM
bilpeto
Best Bandwagon Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton View Post
I see Kaberle was a healthy scratch last night in Montreal. If/when Subban returns, you have to think he won't be seeing much PT at all. Thankfully the Canes aren't stuck with that contract.
Suddenly, a wild JR appears.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:43 AM
Novacane

You know when Kabs is bought out this summer JR is going to be waiting to give him a contract...

Old
01-28-2013, 11:46 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Remember when Habs fans tried to defend that trade?

Old
01-28-2013, 11:48 AM
Novacane

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Yep, and now they feel what we were saying all along. Feels good man...

Old
01-28-2013, 12:08 PM
geehaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
I remember when we tried to defend the Stillman/Commodore -- Eaves/Corvo trade, getting mad at the Sens fans who told us that Corvo was garbage.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:13 PM
Blueline Bomber
Noah MAN-ifin

Quote:
Originally Posted by geehaad View Post
I remember when we tried to defend the Stillman/Commodore -- Eaves/Corvo trade, getting mad at the Sens fans who told us that Corvo was garbage.
To be fair, Corvo was a good player for the first year or so we acquired him. And at that time, Commodore was what Corvo is now: A defensive mess that hindered his partner.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:52 PM
geehaad

High water mark for the season, unless the Canes sneak into the playoffs, at which point they will rise to #16.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:32 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
go perds

My first time getting a chance to watch the Wild this year. Weird seeing Koivu in #9 and Parise in #11, on the same line and Koivu's got Parise's number while Parise's got SAKU's number. I'll see one of them with the puck, then it won't look like the guy I'm thinking about and I'll realize I'm just confused. This sucks.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:53 PM
bilpeto
Best Bandwagon Ever

Mike Milbury's drawing skills dissecting that play were top notch.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:11 PM
Redcoyote
Hungry

I'm not sure how closely anyone here has followed it but out in Phoenix it looks like the guy who was going to buy the team Jamison does not have the money and the lease agreement that the city offered expired as of today.

Of course Jamison and the NHL will continue to make it sound like they are working towards a deal but I have now given up all hope and resigned to the fact that the team will relocate.

What does that mean? Well even though I am originally from Arizona I now live in Virginia and the Hurricanes are the closest team. I guess its time to start learning the roster and prospects beyond the Staal brothers, Skinner and Ward.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:22 PM
Stephen Goalbert
Puck Don't Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcoyote View Post
I'm not sure how closely anyone here has followed it but out in Phoenix it looks like the guy who was going to buy the team Jamison does not have the money and the lease agreement that the city offered expired as of today.

Of course Jamison and the NHL will continue to make it sound like they are working towards a deal but I have now given up all hope and resigned to the fact that the team will relocate.

What does that mean? Well even though I am originally from Arizona I now live in Virginia and the Hurricanes are the closest team. I guess its time to start learning the roster and prospects beyond the Staal brothers, Skinner and Ward.
I'm very sorry if that's the case. Sucks to see another nontraditional market suffering

Old
01-31-2013, 08:34 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
go perds

Quote:

Wait so you live in Virginia? So anywhere the Coyotes go is likely to be as close or closer to you than they already are... Why not just stay a Yotes fan, if you don't mind me asking?

(And I agree with Shutdown, that really sucks. I tend to root for the Yotes when I'm watching them, not really a huge fan but I do like to see them do well.)

Old
01-31-2013, 09:17 PM
Redcoyote
Hungry

Im originally from Arizona so I have continued to pull for my home teams. I'll continue to cheer for Doan and company if they move but it will wane as time goes on since they won't be an Arizona team.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:31 PM
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman

Quote:

To be honest I hadn't dug into the details of this deal until today (as in: when it apparently fell apart).

It sucks and I feel for you. But on another note, if you would decide to become a Hurricanes fan** in lieu of losing the Coyotes, that would be a good thing.

(**At least until we get relocated to Quebec City or Toronto. Or South America.)

Old
02-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
go perds

So excited to have Conacher in my dynasty league.

Me and Vagrant are smart dudes.

Old
02-02-2013, 08:49 PM
bilpeto
Best Bandwagon Ever

Jack Johnson played 34:59 today? That should be illegal.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:18 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Bryan Allen just lost a pretty entertaining fight.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:52 PM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
The Red Scare of '14

LOL Martin Havlat! That was one of the more embarrassing things I've ever seen. Puck sitting on the goal line to be tapped in for a goal and he skates right over it while celebrating even though the puck hadn't gone in. Rinne covers it.

02-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Novacane

Boychuk praised more in the last 30 secs than he ever was in Carolina.

Closed Thread