HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #6| Jan. 27, 2013|Flyers at Lightning |6:00 p.m. ET

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-27-2013, 07:45 PM
  #776
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmofan44 View Post
anyone want to make any predictions? think we make the playoffs? think we even get five hundred? I know its early but I'm trying to take the temperature of the room.
I'm not expecting a cup but I think we still make the playoffs but what do I know.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:45 PM
  #777
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 11,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveNeptune View Post
Coatsey is a top shelf performer...Leighton not so much.
would be the first time coastey ever got close to anything top shelf

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:47 PM
  #778
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 9,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
would be the first time coastey ever got close to anything top shelf
Where do you think he keeps hs whiskey?

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:48 PM
  #779
Flyersfan139
Registered User
 
Flyersfan139's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Exton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmofan44 View Post
anyone want to make any predictions? think we make the playoffs? think we even get five hundred? I know its early but I'm trying to take the temperature of the room.
We were looking good the two games before this. This was the second game of a back to back and we didn't have a goalie in the net.

I'm still on board, hopefully they come out strong on Tuesday.

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:49 PM
  #780
kimmofan44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: thorndale pa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,457
vCash: 500
I really feel like this team has motivation and focus issues. they look great one game then out of sorts the next, they look horrible in one period great the next then back to bad the third. its never a solid effort for games in a row, its always game to game. furthermore why had lavy not come up with a game plan to beat Tampa yet? he needs to be more flexible and creative when the situation calls for it.

kimmofan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:49 PM
  #781
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Frankly it getting to be way ridiculous how apologetic they are this year.....I understand why but it's just too blatant now. They have to be a bit more objective for the sake of credibility.
yeah its pretty sad listening to it. At some point you just have to call it as they see it. Pretty bad if Comcast cant stand anyone being brutally honest. Instead its every goal against is a perfect shot that no goalie could stop. Even worse some people are buying it.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:50 PM
  #782
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan139 View Post
We were looking good the two games before this. This was the second game of a back to back and we didn't have a goalie in the net.

I'm still on board, hopefully they come out strong on Tuesday.
If we pick up a win vs New York on Tuesday those that aren't on board will quickly jump back on. It's an emotional roll coaster for Philly fans.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:50 PM
  #783
YuioIklo
Registered User
 
YuioIklo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Quebec
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,438
vCash: 500
Meh, no heart at all tonight. Hopefully they'll play better Tuesday.

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:50 PM
  #784
MP92
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,881
vCash: 500
Failed PP opportunities, dumb penalties and Lavi sitting Bryz all contributed to this loss. Bryz was playing well. Leighton hadn't played a NHL game in a long time and Lavi throws him in vs Stamkos, Lecavalier and St. Louis. Genius...

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:52 PM
  #785
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,382
vCash: 500
I think Lavy needs to reacquaint himself with a coke machine. Send a message to the team.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:52 PM
  #786
bungle
Casual Observer
 
bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
yeah its pretty sad listening to it. At some point you just have to call it as they see it. Pretty bad if Comcast cant stand anyone being brutally honest. Instead its every goal against is a perfect shot that no goalie could stop. Even worse some people are buying it.
They're so chipper throughout the game too. At least dial down the joking around while we're all watching that quality of play.

bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:53 PM
  #787
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothless Couts View Post
Failed PP opportunities, dumb penalties and Lavi sitting Bryz all contributed to this loss. Bryz was playing well. Leighton hadn't played a NHL game in a long time and Lavi throws him in vs Stamkos, Lecavalier and St. Louis. Genius...
It was one of Lavi's "gut" decisions......he needs to disregard his gut and think more with his brain!

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:53 PM
  #788
The Couturier Effect
Registered User
 
The Couturier Effect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 3,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan139 View Post
We were looking good the two games before this. This was the second game of a back to back and we didn't have a goalie in the net.

I'm still on board, hopefully they come out strong on Tuesday.
Agreed. Even teams like the Rangers don't play well in the second game of a back to back.

The Couturier Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:54 PM
  #789
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 11,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Where do you think he keeps hs whiskey?

bottom shelf burnetts.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:54 PM
  #790
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,112
vCash: 500
Went almost the same way last Sunday did.

The strategy of waiting for Matty Weak Wrists to turn the puck over resulting soul-crushing goals didn't quite materialize, did it?


The levels the announcers went to defend Leighton at every single opportunity was bordered on insanity, and very disappointing considering Clement was involved. Not even those idiots Steigy and Errey in Pittsburgh would make so many excuses.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:55 PM
  #791
YuioIklo
Registered User
 
YuioIklo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Quebec
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmofan44 View Post
I really feel like this team has motivation and focus issues. they look great one game then out of sorts the next, they look horrible in one period great the next then back to bad the third. its never a solid effort for games in a row, its always game to game. furthermore why had lavy not come up with a game plan to beat Tampa yet? he needs to be more flexible and creative when the situation calls for it.
Hockey is a game to game sport. Being bad one game doesn't mean you're bad. Being good one game doesn't mean you're good. Worse teams sometimes beat bests teams. That's what makes it exciting.

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:55 PM
  #792
kimmofan44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: thorndale pa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveNeptune View Post
They're so chipper throughout the game too. At least dial down the joking around while we're all watching that quality of play.
I really like Jj jonsey and Clement. I know they are homers but they are my homers. al morganti just said " there is no excuse for a game like this" talking about the lack of motivation.

kimmofan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:58 PM
  #793
toughfighter83*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
the rangers were good against the flyers they just choked that game, they had opportunities but they were too cute in the passing. if the flyers want to go anywhere they have to get more shots on goal blocked or not, it's the matter of trying, at some point goals will eventually come but being too cute on pp will not work, plus faceoffs are a big problem they got to work on it or bring a player in that's good on faceoffs.

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:59 PM
  #794
kimmofan44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: thorndale pa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
Hockey is a game to game sport. Being bad one game doesn't mean you're bad. Being good one game doesn't mean you're good. Worse teams sometimes beat bests teams. That's what makes it exciting.
I agree whole heartedly but I'm speaking of the complete lack of motivation sometimes, how they just don't look like they have the will(or even a way sometimes) to win. when we beat most teams I still watch those teams giving all they have to try and win, I don't see that with the flyers every game. it almost looks like everyone out there is waiting for someone else besides them to get something started. I don't know, I'm just aggravated at the team right now that's all.

kimmofan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:00 PM
  #795
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
the rangers were good against the flyers they just choked that game, they had opportunities but they were too cute in the passing. if the flyers want to go anywhere they have to get more shots on goal blocked or not, it's the matter of trying at some point goals will eventually come but being too cute on pp will not work.
the Flyers outplayed the Rangers for most of the game. The Rangers were gassed but the Flyers deserved to win that game.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:01 PM
  #796
rWoHockeyman88
Registered User
 
rWoHockeyman88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
So when do we call Boosh up to play back up?

rWoHockeyman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:04 PM
  #797
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Frankly it getting to be way ridiculous how apologetic they are this year.....I understand why but it's just too blatant now. They have to be a bit more objective for the sake of credibility.
Not just this year, this started last year. I haven't had the Flyers' feed this year but last year I found JJ to be unbearable. It's like he's scared to death to say anything bad about the Flyers in case Snider is standing behind him. It's infuriating to fans who know the game, embarrassing to him and very confusing I'm sure to people who are new to the game and are trying to understand the rules.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:12 PM
  #798
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,382
vCash: 500
Anyone that wants a good laugh check out the thread about the flyers on the main board.

The poster calls out both the flyers and Tampa for being bad but then claims he didn't watch the game.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:12 PM
  #799
CSKA1974
Registered User
 
CSKA1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Flyerville
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
Meh, no heart at all tonight. Hopefully they'll play better Tuesday.
And no brain either. They played dumb on offence and failed to adjust their style even a bit.

CSKA1974 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:13 PM
  #800
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor
 
shipwreck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 1,593
vCash: 500
Giroux just isn't doing as well without Jagr feeding him pucks...

Only a few players on the team are doing decent. And even then, they are like a shadow of what they were last season

shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.