HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nino Niederreiter Offers

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2013, 06:06 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
How do you know what Snow wants? Hemsky/Gagner would be a big improvement over Boyes on RW. I think due to them being established players, you can't expect other teams to fork over their talent for unproven players.

Snow has made repeated comments that he's sticking with his homegrown rebuild, to expect more kids to make their way onto the roster. Boyes is on a cheap, 1 yr deal that buys time for Nino/Nelson/Kabanov to get a full yr in the AHL, while Strome gets a full yr in juniors.

His actions: adding cheap kids, getting his own young nhlers to sign team friendly contracts and having a cap floor payroll, is a good indicator that he would not be in the mix to pay the oft injured Hermsky $5m

Old
01-27-2013, 06:07 PM
giddy up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNH 93 rulz View Post
not even tavares would get eberle to the island...
Hahaha. Thanks, I needed that.

Old
01-27-2013, 06:08 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Smart kid to want to get out of there before he's completely ruined. Wish him well. I'd give him a shot on the Rangers, but I wouldn't offer much for him.

Old
01-27-2013, 06:09 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
I don't see what's wrong with Gagner as a youth player, he's only 23 who still has arbitration rights and is RFA eligible. 45 points is adequate production for a 2nd line player and what's to say he doesn't improve?
Yes, 45 pts is adequate for a 2nd line player. The Isles already get 45-47 pts from Frans Nielsen, playing 2nd line center.

It makes no sense for the Isles to trade assets for a redundant piece: another 45 pt, 2nd line center.

Old
01-27-2013, 06:11 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Snow has made repeated comments that he's sticking with his homegrown rebuild, to expect more kids to make their way onto the roster. Boyes is on a cheap, 1 yr deal that buys time for Nino/Nelson/Kabanov to get a full yr in the AHL, while Strome gets a full yr in juniors.

His actions: adding cheap kids, getting his own young nhlers to sign team friendly contracts and having a cap floor payroll, is a good indicator that he would not be in the mix to pay the oft injured Hermsky $5m
And what if the wing prospects bust or aren't ready? What is Snow going to do? More reclamation projects? I don't see Kabanov has a sure fire NHLer. Nelson could take a few seasons to develop too.

Old
01-27-2013, 06:14 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Yes, 45 pts is adequate for a 2nd line player. The Isles already get 45-47 pts from Frans Nielsen, playing 2nd line center.

It makes no sense for the Isles to trade assets for a redundant piece: another 45 pt, 2nd line center.
Gagner can play RW too I believe. He is a safe, proven talent with a track record of producing.

Old
01-27-2013, 06:28 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Gagner for Nino makes some sense to me, but it would leave the Oilers horrifically bare at 2C.

Old
01-27-2013, 06:38 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
And what if the wing prospects bust or aren't ready? What is Snow going to do? More reclamation projects? I don't see Kabanov has a sure fire NHLer. Nelson could take a few seasons to develop too.

Ullstrom and Cizikas have joined this yr's team out of training camp. Staples said in a recent chat that the Isles LOVE Brock Nelson. I don't think they'll mind waiting for him.

So among Nino/B. Nelson/ Kabanov/Strome/Sundstrom and Perrson NONE will be ready to join the Isles in 2013-2014?

Moulson-Tavares-KO
Grabner-F. Nielsen-???
Ullstrom-???-Bailey
Martin-Cizikas-???

Last edited by CREW99AW: 01-27-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Old
01-27-2013, 06:41 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Gagner can play RW too I believe. He is a safe, proven talent with a track record of producing.
Isles need size, scoring and grit on the wing.

No interest in flipping Nino for Gagner. No interest in Gagner at center or wing. Like Snow, I want the isles youngsters making their way onto the roster and fighting for spots.

Old
01-27-2013, 06:44 PM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Smart kid to want to get out of there before he's completely ruined. Wish him well. I'd give him a shot on the Rangers, but I wouldn't offer much for him.
Agreed. The Isles put their top prospects in positions where it is almost impossible to succeed. Most of there top 10 picks the past 5 years or so besides JT have not developed to their potential. Nino and his agent have to know this fact.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:34 PM
TSA0402

Still waiting for Nino to fire his agent. I mean, if he really did this trade request and ruined Nino's reputation without his permission, he should be gone by now.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:53 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Still waiting for Nino to fire his agent. I mean, if he really did this trade request and ruined Nino's reputation without his permission, he should be gone by now.
Why would Nino fire his agent?

Nino's telling fans it was his agent's doing, all he is gonna do is concentrate on playing and he'll follow his agent's advice. His agent meanwhile, is trying to fall on his sword for Nino, trying to take the blame.

Isles and Sound Tigers aren't paying much attention to either Nino's demands or his agents. Fans are the ones paying attention.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:04 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Isles need size, scoring and grit on the wing.

No interest in flipping Nino for Gagner. No interest in Gagner at center or wing. Like Snow, I want the isles youngsters making their way onto the roster and fighting for spots.
What about something based around Niederreiter and Nielsen for Torres and Yandle? I probably wouldn't do it because I see Yandle as team captain, PPQB, and 60pt D in a few years. That said, I'm interested in seeing Boedker with Nielsen in the NHL and we just learned we are losing Lombardi for half the year. Niederreiter is a great prospect and helps make up for the years lost in swapping Yandle for Nielsen. Plus, Klesla is due back, OEL is showing no signs of slowed progression, and both Morris and Schlemko picked back up right where they left off as highly effective NHL D. Not to mention Stone and Rundblad looking good and Michalek not having quite settled back in (but I'm sure he will). No idea, at all, if the Isles will go for it. If you want grit ok the wings NOW and help on the blueline NOW, I guess Yandle and Torres will help. Nelson doesn't really fill in for Nielsen right now, but he can at least contribute in some way, I'm sure. Maybe Strome? I don't know much about the Islanders. I only watched them twice last season. Once live and once on television. I think I was drunk both times. Haha.

Thoughts?

Old
01-27-2013, 08:17 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
What about something based around Niederreiter and Nielsen for Torres and Yandle? I probably wouldn't do it because I see Yandle as team captain, PPQB, and 60pt D in a few years. That said, I'm interested in seeing Boedker with Nielsen in the NHL and we just learned we are losing Lombardi for half the year. Niederreiter is a great prospect and helps make up for the years lost in swapping Yandle for Nielsen. Plus, Klesla is due back, OEL is showing no signs of slowed progression, and both Morris and Schlemko picked back up right where they left off as highly effective NHL D. Not to mention Stone and Rundblad looking good and Michalek not having quite settled back in (but I'm sure he will). No idea, at all, if the Isles will go for it. If you want grit ok the wings NOW and help on the blueline NOW, I guess Yandle and Torres will help. Nelson doesn't really fill in for Nielsen right now, but he can at least contribute in some way, I'm sure. Maybe Strome? I don't know much about the Islanders. I only watched them twice last season. Once live and once on television. I think I was drunk both times. Haha.

Thoughts?
I'd hope the isles would be in the mix if Yandle is shopped.

edited: I recalled Streit($4.1m) is a ufa this summer. Isles could pay Yandle with Streit salary.

Nice proposal. Both sides give up value.

Last edited by CREW99AW: 01-27-2013 at 08:47 PM.
Old
01-30-2013, 11:44 AM
ChronicallyInjured

Nyi - ott

Nino Niederreiter

for

Ben Bishop

discuss.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:45 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Nino is better than Bishop as a prospect, and NYI doesn't need Bishop with Nilsson and Poulin in the AHL already

Old
01-30-2013, 11:52 AM
TSA0402

Hell yes from Ottawa standpoint.

Islanders standpoint, think the opposite, and possibly some pitchforks.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:54 AM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Are we kissing Garth Snow first?

Old
01-30-2013, 12:07 PM
SteenMachine

You'd at least have to offer another blue chip prospect or a legitimate roster player with some long term impact for NYI.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:09 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

There's no way NYI does that without something else coming their way as well.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:21 PM
Wondercarrot
Classless

hmmm....ask yourself if this trade were reversed would you make it?
when your answer is not in a million years then odds are they feel the same way.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:33 PM
JJTT

Trading 20-year old 5th overall pick for 26 year old backup goalie who is not even update over dipietro. makes sense..

Old
01-30-2013, 12:40 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

I don't think these two make good trade partners. Nino for.... who? I don't see any real blue-chippers worth flopping for.

We could add to Nino for what though? They don't seem to be on the cusp of a rebuild just yet.

I don't see it.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:54 PM
xking23
Petersson

As a Sens fan YES PLEASE!!!!
As someone with a brain. Why are you asking this.

Closer value would be Nino for Cowen in vacuum value, but Ottawa being short on D, and Cowen being injured, not to mention Islanders having a decent D-corps for the future, doesn't even make sense in reality.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:05 PM
LEAFMAN99

ottawa would be absolutely stupid not to do this, unfortunately the islanders would be absolutely stupid to do it, nino has much higher value.

Closed Thread