HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mattias Tedenby

Old
01-24-2013, 03:05 PM
tycobb

vCash: 500
I think Teddy needs to skate with quicker linemates. I think it will be interesting to see the kind of pace a Teddy - Zajac - Kovy can use against the Caps. Both Elias, Clarkson, and Zubrus seem to all operate at the same speed.

tycobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Flame Demers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
I know youre not patient. didn’t you claim early in the flyers gdt that theres no way the flyers open 0-3?
yes, and I bet 17$ on the flyers in that game LOL

Flame Demers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 06:24 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
What about a 20-year old putting up 36 points in 39 AHL games sounds like a "bust" to you?

By that logic, the Devils have a lot of busts. Henrique and Josefon were busts based on their AHL play.
Always with the stats. I can't just think Nino is going to be a bust because I've watched him play and I don't think he has what it takes to be a scorer in the NHL?

After such a disastrous rookie season, I don't trust the Islanders to set him right and neither do you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCangialosi123 View Post
I agree with DATW that definitely smells like a Tedenby showcase. Maybe he'll be part of a Benn deal? That would be sick but I doubt it. If we could land any legit top 6 player that would be nice.
It wouldn't surprise me if Tedenby is this year's Bergfors. I hope he has a future with the team though.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 06:25 PM
hlaverty06

I like Teddy a lot for some reason

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 06:30 PM
hlaverty06

Look at this play teddy makes at around 9 seconds

Old
01-24-2013, 06:32 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

LOL At Cam Ward's 7 hole in that OT goal. Now you know if Marty gave that up in OT this board would riot.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:05 PM
Zippy316

I'm not a big believer in Tedenby, but I can't help but acknowledge his attempt to play defense.

Watch him in his next couple shifts in the defensive zone, he's trying to play good solid defense, and at times, is almost overthinking it. He skates back hard when he doesn't really need to to be back on defense.

I think I'm just accepting the fact that his hockey smarts just are not there. It's like the kid you grew up with that can score and dangle but the second he entered the defensive zone he was ****ing lost, even if he tried hard to be in the right spot. Sometimes trying too hard screws it up even more.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him be successful. But his weaknesses, his size and strength and to me, his hockey sense, it'll be so tough for him to make this league. Comparing him to a guy like Gionta, Gionta is insanely strong on his skates and uses his body real well. Tedenby tries to use his body, but he's just not as strong as Gionta is.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:17 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
hes gotta go. and be part of a package deal to get a better player. thatll be his best contribution to the team.

åboriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:51 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

He's gone as soon as Henrique is back. Unless there are injuries, or he does something. Regardless of what you believe if it's the coaches or him, he does not fit in here.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:11 PM
Mgd31

Didn't really seem like he even suited up tonight in all honesty.

Mgd31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:14 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

his time is done, coaches obviously don't think he fits the system. Lamoriello is better off trading him for a pick or something.

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:18 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Looks like crap and I love Tedenby always have but I have seen enough to know he isn't ever going to make it here. He doesn't fit here at all trade before his value hits the toilet if it already hasn't.

njdevilsjds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:19 PM
hlaverty06

I started a 'value of' thread on main board, see if any teams want him

Old
01-27-2013, 09:24 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
I started a 'value of' thread on main board, see if any teams want him
im sure it will be fair and balanced to boot.

åboriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:25 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 237
People really need to get over themselves with this 'Tedenby never gets a chance' meme. He's gotten 100+ games at the NHL level (not all of them > 10 minutes) AND significant time in the AHL and hasn't shined offensively at either level. And if he can't produce offensively, he's of no use period.

NJDevs26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:36 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
People really need to get over themselves with this 'Tedenby never gets a chance' meme. He's gotten 100+ games at the NHL level (not all of them > 10 minutes) AND significant time in the AHL and hasn't shined offensively at either level. And if he can't produce offensively, he's of no use period.
I'd like to know what chance the coaches have given him this season? He started to develop chemistry with Elias and Clarkson, then was benched for the remainder of the game. They put him on the top line for a few shifts, then benched him again. You can't gain momentum as a player in this league if the coaches bench you constantly. If he just doesn't fit the system of the team, fine, but I don't buy that he was given a fair shot to make it in this league

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:36 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

it still baffles me how the hell this guy is up when he's playing under 10 minutes in 3 of 4 games. Did he really outplay Butler in the camp? Because he didn't in the AHL, and I think Butler could bring some stability to our forward corps for the time being. Maybe he could be a bust, but I want Butler to get a chance.

I'll say it again. No matter what you believe he is not a Devils player. You can debate about him being an NHL player, you can debate about him being a bust, or the coaches not giving him a chance. It all comes down to the same result. He will not make it with the Devils. Do the coaches not like him? Could very well be so if they hardly play him.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:37 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Agreed he hasn't earned any ice time at all he can't even hack it in the AHL it's over for him here.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:38 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessarmy View Post
I'd like to know what chance the coaches have given him this season? He started to develop chemistry with Elias and Clarkson, then was benched for the remainder of the game. They put him on the top line for a few shifts, then benched him again. You can't gain momentum as a player in this league if the coaches bench you constantly. If he just doesn't fit the system of the team, fine, but I don't buy that he was given a fair shot to make it in this league
This season isn't the majority of his Devils tenure. Even this season and last combined isn't half of his Devils tenure. And you guys are acting like the AHL numbers (or lack thereof) don't exist. He only has 42 points in 77 career AHL games, what exactly does that translate to in the NHL level? But he doesn't play with anyone down there, well terrific, neither do the majority of AHL players that actually produce.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:40 PM
Unknown Caller

I'm a huge Tedenby fan, but even I have to admit that he looks horrible. Doesn't cover his point defensively (led to first goal tonight), gets muscled off the puck too easily, and has trouble finding a way to get his shot through traffic. I still see potential to be a top-6 winger, but the flashes seem to be getting more and more rare.

Unknown Caller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:46 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

This is bound to piss off a few people who are supporters of him but do you know what I think? Some people will call me stupid, but saying this is a possibility is not stupid. This is a business the NHL, and stuff like this happens in businesses.

Tedenby was a first round pick in 2008. The fact that he's a first round pick I really think he's gonna get breaks that others won't get. Did he outplay Butler in camp? He very well could have. However this is a player that Pete has no confidence. I think they're holding out hope in this player to make good on the draft pick.

Pete playing him low minutes shows a vote of no confidence in my opinion. I personally think Tedenby has made his own luck here, but I'm not denying the coaches don't really like him.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:49 PM
Unknown Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
This is bound to piss off a few people who are supporters of him but do you know what I think? Some people will call me stupid, but saying this is a possibility is not stupid. This is a business the NHL, and stuff like this happens in businesses.

Tedenby was a first round pick in 2008. The fact that he's a first round pick I really think he's gonna get breaks that others won't get. Did he outplay Butler in camp? He very well could have. However this is a player that Pete has no confidence. I think they're holding out hope in this player to make good on the draft pick.

Pete playing him low minutes shows a vote of no confidence in my opinion. I personally think Tedenby has made his own luck here, but I'm not denying the coaches don't really like him.
Not to start a riot at this late hour, but John Carlson.

Unknown Caller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:54 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Tedenby was a first round pick in 2008. The fact that he's a first round pick I really think he's gonna get breaks that others won't get.
It's pretty much obvious at this point. That and he's a good kid, which carries weight with us (look at the fact Cam Janssen's still here for proof of that).

Old
01-27-2013, 09:57 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:

Sounds like that's the only reason he could be here because I highly doubt Butler didn't outplay him. Not to mention Butler looked good when I saw him in Albany a couple weeks ago.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:01 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Rationally it's a possibility that that's what happened. It's getting close to time to calling a spade a spade. Perhaps the coaches do not like him? Actually it's obvious Pete does not, but why keep him around here? He's clogging up a spot, and the other night we had 5 forwards getting over 10 minutes of ice time. Tonight it was a little better than that but still. I think it's getting near time to put useless toothless on the bus back to Albany, or out of town. That's if you can get him out of town.

I won't ***** about Carlson, I'm over it. Though I do wish he was traded in the Kovy trade. And no I'm not upset Cormier was sent packing in it either. Though if he was used in that trade then we at least would be forced to have made another move. Like bring someone of use up here, or re sign Sykie.