HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #6| Jan. 27, 2013|Flyers at Lightning |6:00 p.m. ET

Old
01-27-2013, 09:22 PM
mikedeej97

vCash: 500
To me, the most concerning part of the loss was Lavy's continued ability to not adjust to the style TB plays. Same thing with the Devils. You get the puck, boom, theres a guy on top of you a second later. He doesnt adjust well. And this is coming from someone who is a huge Lavy fan, but the pattern is still there. As far as the goaltending, it was a no brainer, if you had to play Leighton this weekend, you play him against a team that had 3 goals total in their last 3 games instead of against a team with the likes of St. Louis, Stamkos, and co.

mikedeej97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:24 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

If we end up sellers by trade deadline, along with looking to move Briere and Timonen, I would listen to offers for Voracek. He's fallen off the map

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:26 PM
Fool

Well... ouch.

Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:26 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedeej97 View Post
To me, the most concerning part of the loss was Lavy's continued ability to not adjust to the style TB plays. Same thing with the Devils. You get the puck, boom, theres a guy on top of you a second later. He doesnt adjust well. And this is coming from someone who is a huge Lavy fan, but the pattern is still there. As far as the goaltending, it was a no brainer, if you had to play Leighton this weekend, you play him against a team that had 3 goals total in their last 3 games instead of against a team with the likes of St. Louis, Stamkos, and co.
lavy did the smart thing by playing leighton against the lightning on a back to back. This was pretty much a loss no matter what. Even with a fresh bryz.

WInning back to backs this year is going to be impossible especially early in the year. so everyone just relax.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:32 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Did we resign Jake ? He has been our worst top 9 fwd and it is starting to get concerning.
I think he is contention with B. Schenn for that title.

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:40 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
I think he is contention with B. Schenn for that title.
At least Schenn has been physical and has done some other things.

What has Jake done? The guy has been a freakin ghost.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:49 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
At least Schenn has been physical and has done some other things.

What has Jake done? The guy has been a freakin ghost.
that's because he's more of a passer than goal scorer, if you at his stats he has more assists than goals every year, he's not a goal scorer., last year he was scoring goals from rebounds or deflections.

this team needs a goal scorer like bobby ryan and maybe another sniper for the second line if briere goes. there's too many passer players on this team, they need goal scorers.

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:04 PM
MsWoof

Lavi looks different behind the bench, he doesn't look like angry Lavi anymore. He almost looks a bit scared at times.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:22 PM
JVR21
G

Why is Matt Read our best player? This is painful.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:24 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Am I the only one not-concerned by this game? I completely expected it. Less than 24 hours after a game, tired legs...even threw Leighton in there. If a team has ever thrown a game...this was it.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:25 PM
Dirty but Good
but mostly dirty

I don't think this this loss is too much to worry about. Tampa played a great game and scored some very nice goals in the first. Flyers couldn't convert on PP early which was a momentum killer. They played a good second period just some nice saves by Lindback and no results. And what do you expect in a third period on a back to back playing sixth game in nine days.

If they can beat the rangers they can go 2-1-0 on the road trip which would be very successful but it will be a very tough game. At least Bryz will be fresh and hopefully the special teams will show up.

Dirty but Good is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:45 PM
The Couturier Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Am I the only one not-concerned by this game? I completely expected it. Less than 24 hours after a game, tired legs...even threw Leighton in there. If a team has ever thrown a game...this was it.
No you're not I feel the same way. It's gonna be hard to win after they played the night before. Tampa's a good team too. Not like we lost to a terrible team.

The Couturier Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:48 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
I think they do gotta be careful though. With a short season, there are ALOT of back to back games. You can't just throw games away where the playoff race is going to be super tight with 42 games left. With many back to back games, their going to have to win some-to-alot of them to make playoffs.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:51 PM
The Couturier Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
the rangers were good against the flyers they just choked that game, they had opportunities but they were too cute in the passing. if the flyers want to go anywhere they have to get more shots on goal blocked or not, it's the matter of trying, at some point goals will eventually come but being too cute on pp will not work, plus faceoffs are a big problem they got to work on it or bring a player in that's good on faceoffs.
How did they choke? The Flyers dominated the Rangers. They even killed off a 4 minute PP with a 2-man advantage late in the game where the Rangers had a lot of good chances and the defense and Bryz stood tall. The whole team played great and they deserved that win.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:56 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
No you're not I feel the same way. It's gonna be hard to win after they played the night before. Tampa's a good team too. Not like we lost to a terrible team.
Agreed, they are good. Plus we lost momentum within minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I think they do gotta be careful though. With a short season, there are ALOT of back to back games. You can't just throw games away where the playoff race is going to be super tight with 42 games left. With many back to back games, their going to have to win some-to-alot of them to make playoffs.
Oh I don't think it's smart at all, I think it's really dangerous and they can literally do it like 5 games tops. I personally think Leighton = throwing a game, and I'm not kidding. They showed no effort.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:58 PM
RussianRocket10

It's not really that bad. They played their 6th game in 9 days and it was the second game of a back to back less than 24 hours later. Sorta like how the Rangers looked on Thursday night. They will bounce back.

RussianRocket10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:03 PM
TheLegendkiller

Anybody else notice that the team is way more physical than it was last year? I mean I feel like I've seen a big hit per-game.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:17 PM
The Couturier Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
that's because he's more of a passer than goal scorer, if you at his stats he has more assists than goals every year, he's not a goal scorer., last year he was scoring goals from rebounds or deflections.

this team needs a goal scorer like bobby ryan and maybe another sniper for the second line if briere goes. there's too many passer players on this team, they need goal scorers.
Here are 10 of Voracek's 18 goals from last year. Some of them are from rebounds, but none are deflections.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d00eB...A449CA&index=2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtpNY...A449CA&index=9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNWRE...449CA&index=52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD1Iz...449CA&index=79
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5mEd...65514&index=26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja7N1...65514&index=49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCZZH...65514&index=95
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Y0Y...0BA81&index=12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7T6r...0BA81&index=23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRHVv...0BA81&index=34

Also, why does it matter how he scores his goals? A goal is a goal. You don't think Ovechkin or any other sniper scores goals from rebounds or deflections? It's still a goal.

I do agree with one thing though, Voracek needs to step his game up. He needs to shoot more. He has all the tools of a goal scorer but just chooses to pass. I don't really get it. I think he'll do better with time. People forget that he's only 23 years old. He had a slowish start last year too. All hockey players have their streaks.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:20 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Lavi looks different behind the bench, he doesn't look like angry Lavi anymore. He almost looks a bit scared at times.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing...something is off with him..much more subdued....also he looks more disheveled or something too...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:21 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedeej97 View Post
I understand your point of wanting to have a coach who can adjust to different opponents. But the truth is, that is probably not going to happen with any coach. If a coach begins to second guess his system the entire team begins to second guess the coach and his abilities.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:30 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
exactly. There are no excuses. Every team has this condensed crazy scedule. Its a little less hectic next week then this week was but you gotta find a way to win these back to backs. Not off to a good start this season in that regard.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:32 PM
Larry44
10 - 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew8 View Post
I don't think this this loss is too much to worry about. Tampa played a great game and scored some very nice goals in the first. Flyers couldn't convert on PP early which was a momentum killer. They played a good second period just some nice saves by Lindback and no results. And what do you expect in a third period on a back to back playing sixth game in nine days.

If they can beat the rangers they can go 2-1-0 on the road trip which would be very successful but it will be a very tough game. At least Bryz will be fresh and hopefully the special teams will show up.
I agree. And I don't even think it was Tampa playing that great.

When you get a 1-0 lead early on a bad goal, you have to follow it up by scoring at least once on a 4 minute PP. They didn't have the urgency (Kimmo letting his guy go in the corner and control the puck and no one else hustling to help, for ex) and urinated the PPs away.

Then Simmonds, who REALLY needs to keep his yap shut sometimes, takes a very bad penalty after the whistle and boom, game tied.

Later, we WIN a faceoff, but can't get it out, and Talbot, who should know better, makes a half-butted attempt to block a shot and tips it in. There was no one in front. Let the goalie stop the shot or lay down and block it.

The Giroux penalty on Hall was just stupid too.

That's about the game. If your best players aren't sharp and you're a bit tired - you don't take advantage of chances and you're done.

I thought the Flyers played very well in the 2nd period, it was just one of those games when they needed someone to score. B.Schenn and Simmonds both had multiple deflections. Knuble had some good chances. Giroux had a one-timer on the PP go over the net, whereas Vinnie's was pretty lucky to sneak in there.

I thought they kept skating. I liked Gervais' play. McGinn looks like an NHL bottom lines regular to me. He's big, fast, strong and has good hands. What's not to like?

No need to panic. Go out and win 4 out of the next 6 and everything will be fine.

I thought Leighton played well. No chance on the first three goals at all, and some big saves too. He was not to blame.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:43 PM
daynus

i would say the turning point

in the game was, when we had a 4 minute pp, tampa played pretty smart and aggressive on the pk. when they killed that, the tide turned. then vinny fighting luke, they just took off from there.

daynus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:01 AM
F L Y E R S
Orange & Black

Flyers lost because they forgot to RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!!

Plain and simple.

F L Y E R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:08 AM
Cmoneyflyguy

Back on the bridge?
Missed the game...loleighton?

Cmoneyflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote