HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings Version II

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2013, 05:37 PM
johnny_rudeboy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
He's still young and has improved quite a bit under Carlyle. This isn't the first time Carlyle has tuned an offensive wingers game into much more, Kessel might become even better than has advertised this season so far.
You mean the same Kessel who was ranked #1 in his draft year but fell to 5th because he did not have a pro attitude?

The same Kessel who was playing for a contender but then moved for picks due to a dispute over money and not fitting in (working out and playing a team game)?

The same Kessel who have uses the same toe drag move and shot away from traffic since he became known to this day?

The same Kessel who on a stacked US team in the Olympics managed to look as invisible as he is now?

You really think he will change? He do work a bit harder, at least he did for the first two games. But now he is back to his usual game, minus the scoring.

Very few player make a complete change in how they play and they sure dont change their personality. Kessel is what he is. A speedy sniper who is afraid of the physical stuff.

Old
01-27-2013, 05:44 PM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Just imaging building around a top pairing of Rielly - Jones. Wow.

Although, I really want a centre in this draft.

In a building perspective it is not a bad idea to get the talented defenders in first seeing as they take the longest to peak.

In a fantasy world when you face a BPA of equal players year after year the guy you would pick first would be a goalie, then the next picks would be defenders, then following years centers and last but not least the wingers. Then you would have a team who would find their peaks about the same time.

But a scenario of that sort never happens but one can have it in mind anyway.

Old
01-27-2013, 05:46 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
You mean the same Kessel who was ranked #1 in his draft year but fell to 5th because he did not have a pro attitude?

The same Kessel who was playing for a contender but then moved for picks due to a dispute over money and not fitting in (working out and playing a team game)?

The same Kessel who have uses the same toe drag move and shot away from traffic since he became known to this day?

The same Kessel who on a stacked US team in the Olympics managed to look as invisible as he is now?

You really think he will change? He do work a bit harder, at least he did for the first two games. But now he is back to his usual game, minus the scoring.

Very few player make a complete change in how they play and they sure dont change their personality. Kessel is what he is. A speedy sniper who is afraid of the physical stuff.
The same Kessel that scored 37 goals with his teammate Marc Savard.

The same Kessel that supposedly isn't a teamplayer, came back to play for his team after finding out he has testicular cancer.

The same Kessel who in a stacked US team was on the third line because of better players such as Kane, and so on.

The same Kessel who played with a third line center in Bozak, fringe first line player in Stajan, and fourth line player in John Malkin while scoring for our team.

The same Kessel who showed his frustration when he wasn't able to score the goals for his teammates and himself this season. Or in the season past.

The same Kessel who decided to take more interviews as our players were so frustrated at how things were turning out, were declining interviews.

That very same player who Carlyle has slowly turned more aware of his game, as he has done so in the past with Selanne, Ryan, and Perry. IF you want lower examples? Dan Sexton, Palmieri and so on.

01-27-2013, 05:55 PM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
The same Kessel that scored 37 goals with his teammate Marc Savard.

The same Kessel that supposedly isn't a teamplayer, came back to play for his team after finding out he has testicular cancer.

The same Kessel who in a stacked US team was on the third line because of better players such as Kane, and so on.

The same Kessel who played with a third line center in Bozak, fringe first line player in Stajan, and fourth line player in John Malkin while scoring for our team.

The same Kessel who showed his frustration when he wasn't able to score the goals for his teammates and himself this season. Or in the season past.

The same Kessel who decided to take more interviews as our players were so frustrated at how things were turning out, were declining interviews.

That very same player who Carlyle has slowly turned more aware of his game, as he has done so in the past with Selanne, Ryan, and Perry. IF you want lower examples? Dan Sexton, Palmieri and so on.
Yes, that´s the one. You really think he will change his game? He have become a rich man playing the way he have so far why risk further big contracts with a drop in production if he is to play a complete 2-way game, that he dont have the mentality for anyway?

Old
01-27-2013, 06:18 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Yes, that´s the one. You really think he will change his game? He have become a rich man playing the way he have so far why risk further big contracts with a drop in production if he is to play a complete 2-way game, that he dont have the mentality for anyway?
As I said when Carlyle was hired, if Teemu Selanne can become more of a defensive stalwart than he was before under Carlyle so can a young player like Phil Kessel. Will he ever be that complete two-way scoring phenom, prolly not but he'll get close it as possible under Carlyle.

Old
01-27-2013, 06:32 PM
LeaffanDM

trading kessel and dion will not change the fortune of this team. they are 2 talented players stuck in a position because theres noone else on the roster who can do it. its up to Nonis to bring in players who are better suited for the #1 player roles so the pressure can be taken off them. its not just kessel and dion. the whole team stinks. we have 2 2nd lines and a bunch of 4th line players. we have 1 solid line right now that does its job and thats the 3rd. there are no 1st line talent players on this team. the roster needs to be balanced out, and we need better talent for the 1st line. we also need a #1 D that can play dions minutes.

the issue here is not their talent levels, the issue here is having them play roles that they arent suited for.

Old
01-27-2013, 06:46 PM
MarcWagz

A

Im
sure im not first to this but i like to speculate the best possible also known as the imsopossible...
Leafs next year...

Van reimsdyk - getzlaf - perry
Lupul - kadri - kessel
Grabovski - mackinnon - kulemin
Brown - bozak - orr

Phaneuf - Gardiner
Franson - reilly
Komisarek - liles

So thats the best roster i could imagine after this year, does it contend for a cup i dont know

Old
01-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
What's the deal with Morin? I remember this kid was highly touted in that ATL-CHI trade involving Byfuglien and a lot of people thought ATL overpaid because they gave up Morin.
Rockford's coaches suck and he has had some injury issues

Still only 21 yrs old and on pace this year in AHL to be a 28-30 goal scorer

Also got passed up by Saad in organizaiton

Old
01-27-2013, 07:15 PM
rdawg1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcWagz View Post
Im
sure im not first to this but i like to speculate the best possible also known as the imsopossible...
Leafs next year...

Lupul - kadri - kessel
Brown - bozak - orr

Phaneuf - Gardiner
Franson - reilly
Komisarek - liles

So thats the best roster i could imagine after this year, does it contend for a cup i dont know
We would be a perenniall contender with that team, only in need of a goalie, if we got all that though I'd go right after Luongo. Or at least bernier.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:18 PM
glasses91

well anahiem doesnt owe anyone in toronto favours anymore...

so might aswell keep getzlaf and perry out of leaf lineups..

Old
01-27-2013, 07:28 PM
birddog*

Quote:

The same Kessel that finished 6th in the league in scoring last year, behind Malkin, Stamkos, Giroux, Spezza (2pts), Kovalchuk (1pt), and ahead of Tavares, Sedin, Thornton, Gaborik, Kopitar, St. Louis, Staal, Zetterberg ++ -- while playing with Tyler Bozak.

The same Kessel that has 4 30+ goal seasons in each of the last 4 years. Including 37 last year.

The same 25 year old that already has 165 career goals.

The same 25 year old that has more goals than Spezza, Malkin or Kovalchuk over the last 4 years.

The same 25 year old that hasn't scored in 5 games and is considered a bum by ignorant fans like you.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:30 PM
leugangen

Quote:
Im
Leafs next year...

Lupul - kadri - kessel
Brown - bozak - orr

Phaneuf - Gardiner
Franson - reilly
Komisarek - liles

Sounds like Getzlaf may re-sign with Anaheim, but Perry may leave. Top six wingers of JVR-Perry, Lupul-Kessel, and the centres don't really matter haha.

JVR-Kadri-Perry
Lupul-Grabovski-Kessel

The wingers make that a fantastic top six. I'd rather get Getzlaf, but don't doubt the effect Perry would have on this team.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:50 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Kessel for OEL
Phaneuf for ROR

3 letter abbreviations are the best. JVR, OEL, ROR

Old
01-27-2013, 07:58 PM
MapleLeafGardens*

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasses91 View Post
well anahiem doesnt owe anyone in toronto favours anymore...
so might aswell keep getzlaf and perry out of leaf lineups..
Hella damn that's funny!

Old
01-27-2013, 08:59 PM
emackulate

Quote:
Im
Leafs next year...

Lupul - kadri - kessel
Brown - bozak - orr

Phaneuf - Gardiner
Franson - reilly
Komisarek - liles

as much as i want the lineup, they would be over the cap by a lot even if getzlaf and perry get only 7 million each

Old
01-27-2013, 09:40 PM
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Kessel for OEL
Phaneuf for ROR

Kessel for OEL would be a nasty trade (in a potentially good way).

Phx fans would definitely say no, but if that were offered to their GM, does he really say no?

Phaneuf for ROR I'd do if we did the Phil for OEL trade.

Having our core of 2007 (JVR), 2008 (Gardiner), 2009 (OEL, Kadri, ROR), 2011 (Biggs), and 2012 (Reilly, Finn) drafts would be sweet.

Though I get the feeling you wouldn't do these trades, and were just proposing them for the sake of the abbreviations

Old
01-27-2013, 09:45 PM
LEAFSIN4

Quote:
Originally Posted by emackulate View Post
as much as i want the lineup, they would be over the cap by a lot even if getzlaf and perry get only 7 million each
if we buyout komi and trade liles that lineup is possible

Old
01-27-2013, 09:50 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
Kessel for OEL would be a nasty trade (in a potentially good way).

Phx fans would definitely say no, but if that were offered to their GM, does he really say no?

Phaneuf for ROR I'd do if we did the Phil for OEL trade.

Having our core of 2007 (JVR), 2008 (Gardiner), 2009 (OEL, Kadri, ROR), 2011 (Biggs), and 2012 (Reilly, Finn) drafts would be sweet.

Though I get the feeling you wouldn't do these trades, and were just proposing them for the sake of the abbreviations
Haha I would do them if both could be done as you said.

That would be a pretty great core to work around + we'd have a nice high pick this year.

JVR-ROR-Drouin
Kulemin-Grabovski-Lupul
Frattin-Kadri-Biggs

OEL-Rielly
Gardiner-Finn

Old
01-27-2013, 09:53 PM
Dylbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Kessel for OEL
Phaneuf for ROR

JML?! Lets get RNH and MPS from Edmonton while we're at it.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:56 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylbot View Post
JML?! Lets get RNH and MPS from Edmonton while we're at it.
Haha I wouldn't mind that

Old
01-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge

Kessel for OEL
Phaneuf for ROR
Deadline moves: MacArthur for late 1st/early 2nd
Bottom the **** out and draft Monahan
Offseason: Something around Kadri for F. Forsberg (really like this kid), and something around Gunnarsson for Bernier

Lupul = Captain
ROR = A
JVR = A (Very well spoken, perhaps now- with his game evolving- isn't the time, but he seems to have leadership qualities)

Lupul - ROR - Forsberg
JVR - Grabovski - Kulemin
Frattin - Bozak - Komarov
D'Amigo - McClement - XXXX

OEL - Gardiner
Liles - Franson
Rielly - Komisarek

Bernier/Remier (split fairly until one is the clear #1)

We'd likely be bad for another year or two. But that is younger, bigger, tougher to play against, and more potential. Defense is still soft as hell, but we have plenty of D coming through the pipes and I'm pretty sure one of Finn or Blacker (likely the former) will be a top-4. Perhaps a deal bringing in a very defensive D-man prospect would help, but they're a rare breed these days.

Is anything there overly unrealistic?

Old
01-27-2013, 10:10 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Kessel for OEL
Phaneuf for ROR
Offseason: Something around Kadri for F. Forsberg (really like this kid), and something around Gunnarsson for Bernier

Lupul = Captain
ROR = A
JVR = A (Very well spoken, perhaps now- with his game evolving- isn't the time, but he seems to have leadership qualities)

Lupul - ROR - Forsberg

OEL - Gardiner
Liles - Franson
Rielly - Komisarek

We'd likely be bad for another year or two. But that is younger, bigger, tougher to play against, and more potential. Defense is still soft as hell, but we have plenty of D coming through the pipes and I'm pretty sure one of Finn or Blacker (likely the former) will be a top-4. Perhaps a deal bringing in a very defensive D-man prospect would help, but they're a rare breed these days.

Just blow it up, this was so close to being a good post. You are halfway there, just a few more moves and you are on the right track.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:10 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Dude Kessel for OEL is just so very very wrong!

Old
01-27-2013, 10:12 PM
leugangen

Quote:
Kessel for OEL
Phaneuf for ROR

Lupul = Captain
ROR = A

Lupul - ROR - Forsberg

OEL - Gardiner
Liles - Franson
Rielly - Komisarek

Nooo don't trade Kadri.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:14 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Dude Kessel for OEL is just so very very wrong!
But the dude is at least searching for ways to get us out of this mess, instead of the stand pat crew of trading the usual suspects. Ie Mac and all our problems are over.

The player maybe misplaced but the idea is correct. Kessel for Granlund, Dumba and a 1st. That's one I would make 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.

Closed Thread