HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

markov, who else?

Old
01-27-2013, 08:41 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:41 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
He reminds me of Ryan O'Byrne and Sergei Kostitsyn, too players who played badly in Montreal due to low confidence, then reached their potential elsewhere when they were trusted by their coaches.

The problem with Eller: his potential is far higher than 5th dman or 3rd winger.
There's no doubt Therrien doesn't have faith in him. And since that's the case, we should deal him now before we drain all the value out of him. The coach is on record as saying he doesn't like him and I've seen nothing to indicate otherwise. Unless Therrien is going to start using the guy properly, we're better off with a trade.

Hate to say it but it's true.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:43 PM
Undertakerqc

One somber note tonight. Plekanec was 5-16 on the faceoffs. He is our defensive center yet he sucks on faceoff... sad..

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:43 PM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Well if you watched Eller for the first time today, I can see why you'd think that. No confidence, out of position and focusing on "intensity" afraid to look anything like a perimeter player.

Therrien has a good track record with young players, but maybe Eller just can't fit his system. It's just a shame we are destroying his value before getting rid of him.
Its been one game.............

I think Therrien's scheme is to make Lars a more intense player. Always fighting for the puck and forechecking... This starts by making him focus on intensity for a few games... once Lars stays at that level he will probably allow him more offensive creativity... Lars is big and strong so playing with lots of intensity will create turnovers and he is good at protecting the puck and then distribute from the corners or half boards...

makes sense to me at least...

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:44 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I watch every Habs game.

I am not impressed with Eller and it appears he is not progressing. Other people have noticed the same. He needs to step it up. Plain and simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
I hope he proves me wrong, I am a fan of every player that wears the jersey and wish the best for all of them but I also face the fact that not every new player that comes in here is going to be Guy Lafleur or Steve Shutt. If he becomes a great player then I will gladly admit to being wrong, right now I just have not seen enough to put him in the category of an elite player in the making.Cheers.
Eller cannot impress anyone if he doesnt have his chance ! No one ever claimed he was a elite player. He can be a good 50 point forward, he has everything for this, he just needs someone to help him get there. He's clearly not impressing anyone when he is put in a position to fail..

If he's going to be used so poorly just trade him away for Maurice sakes...

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:44 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
God damn people. He played only two games, and i tough he looked good on the wing tonight. Patience. Therrien is doing a great job this year. Even Rene Bourque plays hard!!! Who would have tought that!!
Ease up man. No one is demanding that Eller needs to be traded.

He needs to work on a couple of flaws that he has. Right now, his game looks off.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:45 PM
Et le But

Patofqc is just upset people aren't calling to trade Plekanec instead.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:46 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
The coach is on record as saying he doesn't like him and I've seen nothing to indicate otherwise.
When did Therrien say that?

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:46 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46330ivs View Post
I wonder if Anaheim would fall for Eller, DD and a first next year for Getzlaf, that would give us a true first line.
IMO that's overpayment. Besides, how long will Cole stay?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:47 PM
Mrb1p

Patof is making sense ? WHUT?

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:49 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Patof is making sense ? WHUT?
Always!!

Old
01-27-2013, 08:49 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
When did Therrien say that?
He was a commentator on RDS and was not a fan of Eller. Last week a reporter confirmed that Eller is "not his kind of player." Explains the benching.

If that's not the case then fine. But if there's truth to it then we're spinning our wheels. Makes no sense to have a coach he doesn't believe in him and won't use him properly stunt his development and kill his trade value.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:50 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
He was a commentator on RDS and was not a fan of Eller. Last week a reporter confirmed that Eller is "not his kind of player." Explains the benching.

If that's not the case then fine. But if there's truth to it then we're spinning our wheels. Makes no sense to have a coach he doesn't believe in him and won't use him properly stunt his development and kill his trade value.
You're thinking of Marc Antoine Godin

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
Its been one game.............

I think Therrien's scheme is to make Lars a more intense player. Always fighting for the puck and forechecking... This starts by making him focus on intensity for a few games... once Lars stays at that level he will probably allow him more offensive creativity... Lars is big and strong so playing with lots of intensity will create turnovers and he is good at protecting the puck and then distribute from the corners or half boards...

makes sense to me at least...
good way of looking at it. plus therrien said he liked what he was watching on the ice. cole is getting better and believe this will help dd. I hope eller can find a spot in this line-up, but he's the only guy struggling to find his 'role' thus far.

wouldn't mind seeing weber again, thought he offered similar skill-set to kaberle but maybe he can grow a bit? I don't know, the defense is missing something. hopefully pk returns shortly.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Emelin and Markov together is the best pairing we've had in years (or at looks like it after 4 games at least). If Subban comes back our top 4 would have the chance to be one of the best in the league. Emelin is becoming one of the secret best players on the team. He complete neutralized kovalchuk on one rush, it was a joy to watch. Playing with Markov will only boost his confidence, and i bet he starts to show his offensive potential in the coming games.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Ease up man. No one is demanding that Eller needs to be traded.

He needs to work on a couple of flaws that he has. Right now, his game looks off.
That may be because he's not being played in his real position. Just a hunch.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:51 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:

Therrien said tonight that he liked how he played, and said he had the potential to be on the top line.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:51 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
He kind of looks like a kid playing out of position who knows he will be in the pressbox after the next time he screws up. Funny how that is.
Considering the next option is Mike freaking Blunden for 3-4 weeks, there's really no reason why Eller should be thinking this. He'll be in the lineup.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:52 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
Emelin and Markov together is the best pairing we've had in years (or at looks like it after 4 games at least). If Subban comes back our top 4 would have the chance to be one of the best in the league. Emelin is becoming one of the secret best players on the team. He complete neutralized kovalchuk on one rush, it was a joy to watch. Playing with Markov will only boost his confidence, and i bet he starts to show his offensive potential in the coming games.
Emelin nearly played 30 mins tonight, darn impressive. He looks really comfortable besides Markov, but then again, who doesn't?

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:52 PM
windycity

Quote:

well it depends on what he really thinks - I doubt he'd keep him around if he didn't think he could be useful or could be molded into the kind of player he likes.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:53 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
You're thinking of Marc Antoine Godin
Right, that's the guy.

Not a reflection on Eller and under normal circumstances I wouldn't suggest dealing him. But if we're not going to use him properly and his coach doesn't like him?

Better to just get it over with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
well it depends on what he really thinks - I doubt he'd keep him around if he didn't think he could be useful or could be molded into the kind of player he likes.
If Therrien is willing to try then sure. If not... deal him now.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:55 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Emelin nearly played 30 mins tonight, darn impressive. He looks really comfortable besides Markov, but then again, who doesn't?
Emelin is starting to pass like markov too. Hope we can see him on the PP soon.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:56 PM
windycity

Quote:
Right, that's the guy.

Not a reflection on Eller and under normal circumstances I wouldn't suggest dealing him. But if we're not going to use him properly and his coach doesn't like him?

Better to just get it over with.
Ok, sound like Therrien didn't say it so what makes you think he doesn't like him? He might not be where Therrien wants him to be but that doesn't mean that he doesn't like him or doesn't see potential in him.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:56 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Always!!
Eeeeesh Peladeau...

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:57 PM
Talks to Goalposts

I think the best thing you could do for the both of them is switch their positions.

Desharnais needs to get away from opposition coverage, Eller is at his best controling the middle of the ice.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote