HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Thread Part IX. The "At Least Our Number 9 Won a Cup" Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-27-2013, 09:34 PM
  #676
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,354
vCash: 476
Anyone have a good hair care combination to keep really curly hair from getting grown outwards, but instead look like Ennis or hagelin flow?

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 09:43 PM
  #677
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream
 
Ave Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,463
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
ugh I have school tomorrow

Ave Maria is online now  
Old
01-27-2013, 09:43 PM
  #678
silverfish
KEVIN!
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 15,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Anyone have a good hair care combination to keep really curly hair from getting grown outwards, but instead look like Ennis or hagelin flow?
I don't know much about it, but look into Dove shampoos.

silverfish is online now  
Old
01-27-2013, 09:44 PM
  #679
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 18,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
ugh I have school tomorrow
Why shouldn't you? Should I be mad that I have school?

__________________
Krampus is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 09:52 PM
  #680
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream
 
Ave Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,463
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
Why shouldn't you? Should I be mad that I have school?
is that even a question? I have another quarter of classes then I get to start my internship

Ave Maria is online now  
Old
01-27-2013, 09:55 PM
  #681
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,354
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I don't know much about it, but look into Dove shampoos.
Cause I just used to wear lots of hats to keep it down but... yeah

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 10:04 PM
  #682
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,829
vCash: 500
Cena just won the Royal Rumble.

__________________
Jabroni is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 10:08 PM
  #683
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream
 
Ave Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,463
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Cena just won the Royal Rumble.
people still watch wrestling? was never into that stuff

Ave Maria is online now  
Old
01-27-2013, 10:10 PM
  #684
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 47,052
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Cena just won the Royal Rumble.
Oh boy. My friends are watching it (I opted to stay home) and they are probably livid.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 10:11 PM
  #685
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,354
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
people still watch wrestling? was never into that stuff
Same. Sweaty men hitting eachother and jumping on eachother...

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 10:17 PM
  #686
Krams
what a time
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Capital District
Posts: 4,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
Why shouldn't you? Should I be mad that I have school?
Yes.

Krams is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 10:18 PM
  #687
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream
 
Ave Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,463
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Same. Sweaty men hitting eachother and jumping on eachother...
agreed.

Ave Maria is online now  
Old
01-27-2013, 10:43 PM
  #688
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Wrestling is fake, that's why it's stupid to watch. Sure, the pain is real, but it's all scripted. Cena won the Royal Rumble because he was supposed to. I don't understand how you get enjoyment out of knowing the winner was supposed to win the whole time

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 10:44 PM
  #689
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 18,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Same. Sweaty men hitting eachother and jumping on eachother...
Meanwhile we're on a hockey forum. A sport about sweaty men hitting each other... ON ICE!

Although our guys are at least dressed

Krampus is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 10:46 PM
  #690
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 18,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
Wrestling is fake, that's why it's stupid to watch. Sure, the pain is real, but it's all scripted. Cena won the Royal Rumble because he was supposed to. I don't understand how you get enjoyment out of knowing the winner was supposed to win the whole time
[Insert NHL, Draft Fixing, Paid Referee etc. Theory here]

Krampus is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 10:47 PM
  #691
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 47,052
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
Wrestling is fake, that's why it's stupid to watch. Sure, the pain is real, but it's all scripted. Cena won the Royal Rumble because he was supposed to. I don't understand how you get enjoyment out of knowing the winner was supposed to win the whole time
Because we don't know who is going to win.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 10:50 PM
  #692
Kane One
HFB Partner
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,161
vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
Wrestling is fake, that's why it's stupid to watch. Sure, the pain is real, but it's all scripted. Cena won the Royal Rumble because he was supposed to. I don't understand how you get enjoyment out of knowing the winner was supposed to win the whole time
I don't watch wrestling anymore, but the same could be said about watching movies or TV shows. It's scripted, but also entertaining.

__________________
Kane One is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 10:50 PM
  #693
Krams
what a time
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Capital District
Posts: 4,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
Wrestling is fake, that's why it's stupid to watch. Sure, the pain is real, but it's all scripted. Cena won the Royal Rumble because he was supposed to. I don't understand how you get enjoyment out of knowing the winner was supposed to win the whole time
Do you also avoid movies?

Krams is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 10:51 PM
  #694
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Because we don't know who is going to win.
I get that, but after the fact, you say to yourself, he was supposed to win the whole time. It's counterintuitive towards the excitement of watching it.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 10:51 PM
  #695
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 18,039
vCash: 500
If anyone here likes Lonely Island.


Krampus is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 10:51 PM
  #696
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 47,052
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
I get that, but after the fact, you say to yourself, he was supposed to win the whole time. It's counterintuitive towards the excitement of watching it.
See the above posts about TV, books, and movies.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 10:51 PM
  #697
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
Do you also avoid movies?
Label me a hypocrite, but IMO, a sport is much different than a movie. Movies are supposed to be scripted. Wrestling is the only "sport" that is scripted.

EDIT: And just for the record, I don't read or watch TV, other than Sports or Comedy Central. I only fall victim to the hypocrite thing when it comes to movies so ha

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 10:55 PM
  #698
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
Label me a hypocrite, but IMO, a sport is much different than a movie. Movies are supposed to be scripted. Wrestling is the only "sport" that is scripted.
It's not even a sport really. More in the entertainment spectrum.

Jabroni is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 10:56 PM
  #699
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,354
vCash: 476
MDZ hockey is manly though. You gas yourself 82 times + a year and shoot pucks 100+ mph and the guy who stops them is a crazy person. Plus the end is very rewarding and not scripted!

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 10:57 PM
  #700
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
It's not even a sport really. More in the entertainment spectrum.
I guess that's a valid reason. I'll accept that.

Clowes Line is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.