HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Oil Kings Thread: 2012-2013

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2013, 05:22 PM
  #976
MoneyGuy
Registered User
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
That was my opinion of their play at home last week. They seem to be playing better on the road for some reason.
As I expected they would. I thought they will repeat, and that confidence didn't waver as their scoring dried up a bit. I'm now trying to set up a bet with a Calgary fan. We'll see....

MoneyGuy is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:32 PM
  #977
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,070
vCash: 500
Obviously you don't want to see the team develop complacency and bad habits but I think it's a sign of a truly exceptional team when you can win despite putting forth underwhelming efforts.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:40 PM
  #978
topchowda
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,067
vCash: 500
Can I get a recap of how the Oilers prospects have played over the past while from people that have followed the Oil Kings

topchowda is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 12:25 PM
  #979
MoneyGuy
Registered User
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,259
vCash: 500
Going to the game today to see this fine team ply its magic. I have four lower-bowl, centre-ice seats. Go, OKs.

MoneyGuy is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 03:26 PM
  #980
monkeywrench
Registered User
 
monkeywrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Can I get a recap of how the Oilers prospects have played over the past while from people that have followed the Oil Kings
Musil- The less you hear about about him the better it is. He has played well for the Oil kings. I think he will spend a year or two in OKC before coming up too the big club.

Moroz- He has been a little dissapointing this year for me. Some games he has good games and you notice him and when he doesnt show up which has happen to often this year he doesnt engage in the rough stuff which he needs to be on the top of his game.

Ewanyk. He has done everything you can ask from him other than stay healthy. He hits he fights does well on the faceoff and plays a great defensive game. He could make a great 3/4 liner in the nhl more likely forth liner.

Gernat- Got to give hime 2 more weeks till I can make a judgement on him.

monkeywrench is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 05:29 PM
  #981
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,070
vCash: 500
Cheek's been a great addition just like Tyler Maxwell was last year.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 07:49 PM
  #982
YoSoGordo
Registered User
 
YoSoGordo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 470
vCash: 500
Refs totally lost control of the game. Awesome game, tons of goals, tons of saves, tons of hits, and a scrum and a goalie fight to top it off. SUCH a kickass game, musil absolutely rag dolled the person he was fighting, the other teams coach got escorted out of the game. I hope to see that scrum on YouTube!

YoSoGordo is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 08:11 PM
  #983
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoSoGordo View Post
Refs totally lost control of the game. Awesome game, tons of goals, tons of saves, tons of hits, and a scrum and a goalie fight to top it off. SUCH a kickass game, musil absolutely rag dolled the person he was fighting, the other teams coach got escorted out of the game. I hope to see that scrum on YouTube!
Wow, wish I would have made it out to this game... Was it Lowe who fought Rimmer?

Also, I think that Mayo got his first WHL goal.

40oz is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 08:38 PM
  #984
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,423
vCash: 50
Old fashioned line brawl at the end of the Oil King's game today.

Laurent Brossoit and Ty Rimmer met at center ice and started chucking.

Lethbridge coach got tossed, refused to leave and was escorted out by security.

It was a real scene man.

I am the Liquor is online now  
Old
01-27-2013, 09:27 PM
  #985
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Displaced
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,619
vCash: 500
What started it all ?

Groucho is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 09:43 PM
  #986
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,423
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
What started it all ?
It built up over the entire game. Lethbridge players taking liberties with Oil Kings. They were running Samuelsson all night, Musil got into an altercation earlier, the Lethbridge coach took a delay of game penalty for keeping his players at the bench when he didnt like a penalty call.

Musil got his guy back, pounding him pretty good. Lowe got into a real humdinger with another one of the earlier offenders, and Samuelsson was going at it with one of his earlier antagonists in the corner. Then Brossoit skated out to center ice and was met by Ty Rimmer. That was a pretty good (and long) scrap too. Most of the players getting beat on had no help coming either, as the officials were busy elsewhere.

Im assuming some suspensions/fines will be forthcoming.

I am the Liquor is online now  
Old
01-27-2013, 10:58 PM
  #987
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,423
vCash: 50
Here is some video. Thanks to The Bored Man for finding it.


I am the Liquor is online now  
Old
01-27-2013, 11:22 PM
  #988
MoneyGuy
Registered User
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,259
vCash: 500
Musil's fight was almost as one sided as the 7-1 game score. LB is a better goalie than a fighter.

When LB got tossed with 2:06 remaining, Jarry came in stone cold and stopped a breakaway immediately.

This is a really good team. The playoffs will be interesting.

MoneyGuy is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 12:12 AM
  #989
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Musil's fight was almost as one sided as the 7-1 game score. LB is a better goalie than a fighter.

When LB got tossed with 2:06 remaining, Jarry came in stone cold and stopped a breakaway immediately.

This is a really good team. The playoffs will be interesting.
I expect an OK vs Portland rematch in the finals.

Mr Forever is online now  
Old
01-28-2013, 01:31 PM
  #990
HopefulCoach
Registered User
 
HopefulCoach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
It built up over the entire game. Lethbridge players taking liberties with Oil Kings. They were running Samuelsson all night, Musil got into an altercation earlier, the Lethbridge coach took a delay of game penalty for keeping his players at the bench when he didnt like a penalty call.

Musil got his guy back, pounding him pretty good. Lowe got into a real humdinger with another one of the earlier offenders, and Samuelsson was going at it with one of his earlier antagonists in the corner. Then Brossoit skated out to center ice and was met by Ty Rimmer. That was a pretty good (and long) scrap too. Most of the players getting beat on had no help coming either, as the officials were busy elsewhere.

Im assuming some suspensions/fines will be forthcoming.
Preston was upset at an icing call (It really shouldnt have been icing so he was right). He lost this game by losing his temper and not regaining his composure. I think it was 3-1 at that point. Preston should be apologizing to his team for that loss imo.

HopefulCoach is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 07:56 PM
  #991
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,070
vCash: 500
Samuelsson is just beasting right now. The Oil Kings have a really balanced attack but it's safe to say that he's passed St. Croix as the offensive catalyst.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 03:44 PM
  #992
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,423
vCash: 50
Henrik Samuelsson named WHL player of the week.

http://www.whl.ca/article/samuelsson...er-of-the-week

I am the Liquor is online now  
Old
01-29-2013, 04:10 PM
  #993
timekeep
Registered User
 
timekeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Henrik Samuelsson named WHL player of the week.

http://www.whl.ca/article/samuelsson...er-of-the-week
well deserved.

timekeep is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 04:14 PM
  #994
misfit
Moderator
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: just north of...everything
Posts: 15,595
vCash: 50
Yeah, it's really too bad the Oilers weren't able to make the trade-up back into the first round to get him. At least, I'm assuming that's the guy they were targetting.

__________________
If you are offended by this post, it's probably because you're ugly.
misfit is online now  
Old
01-29-2013, 05:02 PM
  #995
MoneyGuy
Registered User
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Henrik Samuelsson named WHL player of the week.

http://www.whl.ca/article/samuelsson...er-of-the-week
How I wish he had been available when we took Moroz, and that we had take him if available. He's turning into a great prospect.

MoneyGuy is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 05:58 PM
  #996
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,423
vCash: 50
Fines handed out for the line brawl/goalie fight/coach ejection.

http://www.whl.ca/page/WHL-discipline

I am the Liquor is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.