HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12'/13' Marlies Part I|24-14-2-2|Colborne and Ashton stepping up?

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 11:08 PM
OptimusReimer34

vCash: 500
Did anyone here watch the game tonight? If so how was the game? Who had a good game? Bad game?

Old
01-24-2013, 11:09 PM
OptimusReimer34

Did anyone here watch the game tonight? Who looked good and bad in the game?

Old
01-26-2013, 01:43 PM
feeel10

new faces tonight in the line up!
Jon Abbott‏@HockeyAbbs

#Marlies expected to give Jamie Devane and Andrew Crescenzi 1st game of season, likely paired with Ross tonight vs penguins

I hope those guys can impress the coaching staff and earn more ice-time, I keep thinking Jamie Devane has some skill, not outstanding, but still enough to give him a chance to earn a spot on the leafs bottom 6 one day!

Old
01-26-2013, 02:04 PM
Everlong
-

Great news for those two guys. Hopefully they can make an impact.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:29 PM
IBLEAF
17 CLARK-SON 71

Any good streams for the marlies game @ 5 pls/thx

Old
01-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Auzzie19

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLEAF View Post
Any good streams for the marlies game @ 5 pls/thx
Link: http://atdhe.so/watch.php?id=576802

Old
01-27-2013, 01:29 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

I always find it funny how dead the Marlies thread is when the Marlies lose. It's like there wasn't even a game

Old
01-27-2013, 02:04 PM
birddog*

What's Ranger's status?

Old
01-27-2013, 07:37 PM
Parkdale

Any update on Ashton's play? Watching Aulie play regular minutes with the Lightning makes me ask.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:56 PM
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
I always find it funny how dead the Marlies thread is when the Marlies lose. It's like there wasn't even a game
People don't like giving bad news Haha.

I've noticed that too many times.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:33 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
People don't like giving bad news Haha.

I've noticed that too many times.
I would say people do like giving bad news on here, but only when it's leafs related

Gotta say I've lost most of my interest in the Marlies at this time. Most of the people I were following are called up now. No time for NHL, AHL and OHL

Old
01-27-2013, 11:12 PM
skacore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
Any update on Ashton's play? Watching Aulie play regular minutes with the Lightning makes me ask.
He was probably the Marlies' best forward on Saturday IMO. He's always pretty solid, he finishes hits and goes to the net hard... he's doing everything you'd want him to be doing just doesn't quite have the numbers to show for it yet.

Old
01-28-2013, 07:16 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
I would say people do like giving bad news on here, but only when it's leafs related

Gotta say I've lost most of my interest in the Marlies at this time. Most of the people I were following are called up now. No time for NHL, AHL and OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by skacore View Post
He was probably the Marlies' best forward on Saturday IMO. He's always pretty solid, he finishes hits and goes to the net hard... he's doing everything you'd want him to be doing just doesn't quite have the numbers to show for it yet.
Not exactly flush with bluechippers.

We're hoping to get some 3rd. liners out of the Marlies though.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
01-28-2013, 07:40 AM
zeke
#freewilly

You said that even when kadri, gardiner, and frattin were on the team.

maybe you could point out all the blue chip prospects playing for other ahl teams at the moment.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:28 PM
Parkdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by skacore View Post
Thanks for the update. Nice to hear considering the Leafs gave up a good player to acquire his rights.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:34 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

What's the marlies real record?

Old
01-28-2013, 09:43 PM
Budsfan

Hamilton scores 3, named MVP in AHL All-Star Game

Ryan Hamilton of the Toronto Marlies scores a hat-trick in the AHL All-Star Game, including the game winner for the Western Conference. Hamilton was named MVP of the game. Western Conference won 7-6.

http://www.marlies.ca/index.asp

Hamilton All-Star MVP

The Western Conference All-Stars defeated the Eastern Conference All-Stars 7-6 in the 2013 AHL All-Star Classic at Dunkin' Donuts Center in Providence. Marlies Captain Ryan Hamilton was named All-Star MVP with a hat trick that included the game-winning goal for the West.

Last edited by Budsfan: 01-28-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old
01-28-2013, 10:22 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsfan View Post
Hamilton scores 3, named MVP in AHL All-Star Game

Ryan Hamilton of the Toronto Marlies scores a hat-trick in the AHL All-Star Game, including the game winner for the Western Conference. Hamilton was named MVP of the game. Western Conference won 7-6.

http://www.marlies.ca/index.asp

Hamilton All-Star MVP

The Western Conference All-Stars defeated the Eastern Conference All-Stars 7-6 in the 2013 AHL All-Star Classic at Dunkin' Donuts Center in Providence. Marlies Captain Ryan Hamilton was named All-Star MVP with a hat trick that included the game-winning goal for the West.

atta boy hamilton, this guy screams leader in AHL to me, great award given to a great player, this is why he is our captain

Old
01-29-2013, 07:07 AM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeel10 View Post
new faces tonight in the line up!
Jon Abbott‏@HockeyAbbs

#Marlies expected to give Jamie Devane and Andrew Crescenzi 1st game of season, likely paired with Ross tonight vs penguins

I hope those guys can impress the coaching staff and earn more ice-time, I keep thinking Jamie Devane has some skill, not outstanding, but still enough to give him a chance to earn a spot on the leafs bottom 6 one day!
Devane back under our noses is a welcome sight, not sure how he was doing in SF, with only the occasional vid of him in fights. Hope Coach Eakins slips him into the PK unit, did this well with Plymouth. Project fwd that may pay huge dividends if we are patient. Was skating much better this year under Underhill tutelage.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:12 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
You said that even when kadri, gardiner, and frattin were on the team.

maybe you could point out all the blue chip prospects playing for other ahl teams at the moment.
Too much work, I'd have to go through this and assign these rookies to their teams:
http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....id=-1&confId=0

Then through this to find players are prospects and not AHL vets:
http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....division_id=-1

Anyway, Burke is gone no reason to defend him anymore the voices that matter have spoke and they found him wanting. Don't have to hear how he has done anything more than every other GM.

As the title of the thread says Colborne and Ashton stepping up? Abbott is a rookie.

Old
01-30-2013, 06:19 AM
Interactif

DRAFT/DEVELOP/PROMOTE

Possible Marlies next year:

Percy, Biggs, Leivo, Sparks, and maybe Granberg, Nilsson

Things are looking up. Hopefully Coach Eakins stays on, what a difference in 4 years when Tlusty was our top prospect.

Old
01-30-2013, 06:40 AM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
DRAFT/DEVELOP/PROMOTE

Things are looking up. Hopefully Coach Eakins stays on, what a difference in 4 years when Tlusty was our top prospect.
Nilsson is rumored to be on the move to FBK (Färjestad BK) in the SEL. Would be a good move for him for several reasons. First of all they are good at developing players (Klefbom, Brodin and Nygren to name a few with NHL potential produced lately so they are not afraid to give young guys on D lots of ice time). And with the guys above moving on there is a need for new d-man.
Then they are always one of the favorites to become champions so the winning culture is very strong, perhaps the strongest compared to any franchise in Sweden, all sports included. And he would play for my hometown team so I would get to watch him
The few games I have seen with Mora this season he have looked nothing like a young kid, an interesting prospect for sure, even if he only becomes a solid 3rd pairing d-man.

Old
01-30-2013, 06:48 AM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
Nilsson is rumored to be on the move to FBK (Färjestad BK) in the SEL. Would be a good move for him for several reasons. First of all they are good at developing players (Klefbom, Brodin and Nygren to name a few with NHL potential produced lately so they are not afraid to give young guys on D lots of ice time). And with the guys above moving on there is a need for new d-man.
Then they are always one of the favorites to become champions so the winning culture is very strong, perhaps the strongest compared to any franchise in Sweden, all sports included. And he would play for my hometown team so I would get to watch him
The few games I have seen with Mora this season he have looked nothing like a young kid, an interesting prospect for sure, even if he only becomes a solid 3rd pairing d-man.
Hey Johnny, would look fwd to your observations, didn't know you were living over in Sweden.

Nilsson really got on my radar this christmas, calm, smart, competitive blueliner. Really like his poise and game. Looks like a steal in the 4th rd. If he keeps progressing he will past a lot of our D on the depth chart. The Leafs and Swedes have a great history together, would love this to continue! Cheers mate.

Old
01-30-2013, 06:55 AM
FriendlyGiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
DRAFT/DEVELOP/PROMOTE

Don't forget Andrew McWilliam out at U of ND. I think he's a very solid prospect that (given a couple years seasoning in the AHL) could develop into a solid, physical NHL defenseman. I believe this is his last year of college.

Old
01-30-2013, 06:59 AM
SprDaVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyGiant View Post
Don't forget Andrew McWilliam out at U of ND. I think he's a very solid prospect that (given a couple years seasoning in the AHL) could develop into a solid, physical NHL defenseman. I believe this is his last year of college.
Leafs wanted to bring him in last year I believe but he wanted to go back for his senior year.

He should make the jump for next season.

We'll have a nice bunch of rookie on there.

Closed Thread