HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Justice Served! Isles make it interesting but the right team wins. WPG 5 - NYI 4 OT

Old
01-27-2013, 09:38 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

vCash: 50
Justice Served! Isles make it interesting but the right team wins. WPG 5 - NYI 4 OT

Whew!

01-27-2013, 09:39 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

Don't call it a comeback.

Go Jets Go! Burmi 1st star!

JustGivingEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
videofarmer
thirsty

vCash: 521
Crazy! Glad we bounced back late in the third!

videofarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1580

Winnipeg Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BennyTheJet

My heart! My heart!

BennyTheJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:40 PM
NoDakJetsFan

vCash: 500
I think I just scared the hell out of my neighbors with the loud cheering.

NoDakJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tom ServoMST3K
I am Catbug

Young money cash money billionares

Tom ServoMST3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
So, I step out 8 minutes into the third, we are down by two, come back home, and we win?!?!?!?!?

wooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Puckschmuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:41 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Someone needs to photoshop a rollercoaster with the Jets riding it.

DespoticNewt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:41 PM
SCP Guy

I took a year off my dogs life with my yelling.... So that's 7 dog years down the drain sorry buddy :-(

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:42 PM
SensibleGuy

That was a frustrating game. The Jets could have had three or 4 in the second but nothing would go in. Then in the third its like the back of the Jets net is magnetic. At times we looked like the Jets of last year scrambling around in our end. But in the end it was a pretty gritty win...

Enstrom had a pretty bad game. Burmi was a monster...

SensibleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K View Post
Young money cash money billionares
The hair won it for us!!

Gnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JetsFan815

We thoroughly deserved these 2 points

I'm going to make a phonecall with stacks of money in honour of Kane tonight.

JetsFan815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hansen Brother

The other team scored first. Our winning was inevitable.

Hansen Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sweech
COYS!

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:43 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

Old
Lynk
Registered Bro

Great game all around. Some brutally bad luck for majority of their goals, and a lesser Jets team (namely last years team) would've buckled and collapsed. I think we're seeing the evolution of the Winnipeg Jets.

Antropov- I really think he's found the perfect fit on that line with Ladd and Little. Playing the C is providing him more opportunities to create for his linemates and he is paying dividends in that regard. If you didn't read my analysis about Antro on last game then read this one. Just watch him, and you'll develop an appreciation for everything he does.
Burmistrov- Just another amazing all around performance from Alex. Whether it be drawing penalties, maintaining possession in the offensive zone or just throwing his weight around, he does it all and does it well. Can't forget about his presence on the PK. This kid does it all my friends, a definite keeper. Oh, and he also scored the game tying goal all by himself. Man has he stepped his game up.
Byfuglien- Quiet game through the first 2 periods for Buff. Came alive in the 3rd by getting the 1st goal and almost tieing it up off the pass from Ladd. He's really finding the seams this year and just when you think the power play is the most futile thing in the world, he snipes a G.
Clitsome- Sigh, he really needs to sit at this point. He does many things badly and not much good. His pairing almost always seems to be the one stuck in our zone and unfortunately one of those times they couldn't get it out the Isles capitalized. So at the end of the day, we need Bogo back.
Enstrom Just wasn't Toby's night tonight. Bad turnover in the 1st and 3rd periods which unfortunately both led to goals. We all know he's better, unfortunately everyone has bad nights and tonights was Toby's.
Hainsey- Unless he scores a goal (or 6) or makes a goal saving play, he will generally go unnoticed for the most part. But tonight he had just another great game on the offensive and defensive ends of the ice. He seemed to be carrying the puck with more confidence, taking shots that had real chances to go in and was creating a lot of opportunities for his teammates. Jets have a total of 13 goals against thus far and Hainsey's been on the ice for 1 of them. Nuff said. Oh, and he was also +2 tonight with an assist.
Jokinen- Was definitely more noticeable tonight in a good way. He was in good spots for a handful of opportunities and had they played a lesser tender I believe Joker would've had his first. What I'm liking is his ability to create for his linemates, he made some solid passing plays tonight for genuine scoring chances. Was so close to his first goal in OT, but I couldn't care less who got it. It went in.
Kane- Evander is going to get his chances every night, we all know that. Had some good opportunities in the 1st and 2nd, and seemed a little pissed after that tussle with Hamonic. But that quickly faded and went mostly unnoticeable the rest of the night. Until Overtime Of Course
Ladd- Honestly wasn't great tonight. He had some costly turnovers in our zone (1 of which led to a goal), and didn't get much done on the offensive zone either. Little and Antro both got their opportunities and played well, Ladd appeared to be the odd man out tonight, although he did have a few chances in the 1st
Little- I believe the wing is where he should stay, Bryan is attacking the net much more and he's getting some incredible chances (in large part to Antropov). The early lineup change this year was a thing of genius as it has awoken so many guys' games, Little included.
Ponikarovsky- Another one of the reasons this team looks much bigger and tougher to play against. I like the way Poni plays the game with his hustle on the forecheck and being in the right places at the right time. Good to see him net his first tonight.
Postma- He's still having a little trouble when it comes to dealing with a rush as he got turned inside out by Ullstrom I believe. Other than that I'm liking his game as it seems to be developing and becoming more calm and consistent each night. His offensive game is going to be very valued when Bogo finally comes back and then the Jets can have legitimate offensive threats on all 3 D pairings.
Slater- Relatively quiet night, his line had a couple of chances, but for the most part the 4th line looked like a 4th line tonight.
Stuart- Stu wasn't very noticeable tonight, other than his little touch of the puck penalty. He and Hainsey seem to be getting more comfortable together and are the most reliable pair in the defensive zone. Still hoping for a speedy recovery.
Thorburn- Pretty much the same thing. His penalty wasn't great as it led to a goal, but he was strong on the forecheck and again really solid on the penalty kill. Thor keeps proving why he is being dressed every night.
Wellwood- Tonight proved why he is on the roster. Hockey IQ is somewhat a fickle term, but when describing a guy like Welly that really is the best way. If he didn't have a budding NHL career he could be a handle model those things are so soft. Gorg feed to Poni for the 1st and gave another beauty chance to Burmi in the 2nd.
Wheeler- Seemed a little handcuffed with the puck tonight, made an awesome up ice rush in OT but wasn't able to capitalize. Quiet night by Wheelers' standards imo.
Wright- Same thing for Wright, relatively unnoticeable for the most part. I think his position in the lineup is basically innerchangeable right now.

Montoya- From first glance when you see 4 goals against you think bad game. But anyone who watched the game honestly knows Al was not at fault tonight. 2 breakaway goals, getting screened on the others basically gave him no chance. Al played just fine tonight, he came up big when the game was tied and also made timely saves in OT. No issues with his performance tonight.

Last edited by Lynk: 01-27-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PaperRockChamp

I thought Montoya didn't make the big saves but I like him and hope he gets more starts to sharpen up a bit.

Jets 2.1

PaperRockChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:45 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
This is definitely the official Jets Win gif.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:47 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Great game all around. Some brutally bad luck for majority of their goals, and a lesser Jets team (namely last years team) would've buckled and collapsed. I think we're seeing the evolution of the Winnipeg Jets.

Antropov- I really think he's found the perfect fit on that line with Ladd and Little. Playing the C is providing him more opportunities to create for his linemates and he is paying dividends in that regard. If you didn't read my analysis about Antro on last game then read this one. Just watch him, and you'll develop an appreciation for everything he does.
Burmistrov- Just another amazing all around performance from Alex. Whether it be drawing penalties, maintaining possession in the offensive zone or just throwing his weight around, he does it all and does it well. Can't forget about his presence on the PK. This kid does it all my friends, a definite keeper. Oh, and he also scored the game tying goal all by himself. Man has he stepped his game up.
Byfuglien- Quiet game through the first 2 periods for Buff. Came alive in the 3rd by getting the 1st goal and almost tieing it up off the pass from Ladd. He's really finding the seams this year and just when you think the power play is the most futile thing in the world, he snipes a G.
Clitsome- Sigh, he really needs to sit at this point. He does many things badly and not much good. His pairing almost always seems to be the one stuck in our zone and unfortunately one of those times they couldn't get it out the Isles capitalized. So at the end of the day, we need Bogo back.
Enstrom Just wasn't Toby's night tonight. Bad turnover in the 1st and 3rd periods which unfortunately both led to goals. We all know he's better, unfortunately everyone has bad nights and tonights was Toby's.
Hainsey- Unless he scores a goal (or 6) or makes a goal saving play, he will generally go unnoticed for the most part. But tonight he had just another great game on the offensive and defensive ends of the ice. He seemed to be carrying the puck with more confidence, taking shots that had real chances to go in and seemed to be creating a lot of opportunities for his teammates. Jets have a total of 13 goals against thus far and Hainsey's been on the ice for 1 of them. Nuff said. Oh, and he was also +3 tonight.
Jokinen- Was definitely more noticeable tonight in a good way. He was in good spots for a handful of opportunities and had they played a lesser tender I believe Joker would've had his first. What I'm liking is his ability to create for his linemates, he made some solid passing plays tonight for genuine scoring chances. Was so close to his first goal in OT, but I couldn't care less who got it. It went in.
Kane- Evander is going to get his chances every night, we all know that. Had some good opportunities in the 1st and 2nd, and seemed a little pissed after that tussle with Hamonic. But that quickly faded and went mostly unnoticeable the rest of the night. Until Overtime Of Course
Ladd- Honestly wasn't great tonight. He had some costly turnovers in our zone (1 of which led to a goal), and didn't get much done on the offensive zone either. Little and Antro both got their opportunities and played well, Ladd appeared to be the odd man out tonight.
Little- I believe the wing is where he should stay, Bryan is attacking the net much more and he's getting some incredible chances (in large part to Antropov). The early lineup change this year was a thing of genius as it has awoken so many guys' games, Little included.
Ponikarovsky- Another one of the reasons this team looks much bigger and tougher to play against. I like the way Poni plays the game with his hustle on the forecheck and being in the right places at the right time. Good to see him net his first tonight.
Postma- He's still having a little trouble when it comes to dealing with a rush as he got turned inside out by Ullstrom I believe. Other than that I'm liking his game as it seems to be developing and becoming more calm and consistent each night. His offensive game is going to be very valued when Bogo finally comes back and then the Jets can have legitimate offensive threats on all 3 D pairings.
Slater- Relatively quiet night, his line had a couple of chances, but for the most part the 4th line looked like a 4th line tonight.
Stuart- Stu wasn't very noticeable tonight, other than his little touch of the puck penalty. He and Hainsey seem to be getting more comfortable together and are the most reliable pair in the defensive zone. Still hoping for a speedy recovery.
Thorburn- Pretty much the same thing. His penalty wasn't great as it led to a goal, but he was strong on the forecheck and again really solid on the penalty kill. Thor keeps proving why he is being dressed every night.
Wellwood- Tonight proved why he is on the roster. Hockey IQ is somewhat a fickle term, but when describing a guy like Welly that really is the best way. If he didn't have a budding NHL career he could be a handle model those things are so soft. Gorg feed to Poni for the 1st and gave another beauty chance to Burmi in the 2nd.
Wheeler- Seemed a little handcuffed with the puck tonight, made an awesome up ice rush in OT but wasn't able to capitalize. Quiet night by Wheelers' standards imo.
Wright- Same thing for Wright, relatively unnoticeable for the most part. I think his position in the lineup is basically innerchangeable right now.

Montoya- From first glance when you see 4 goals against you think bad game. But anyone who watched the game honestly knows Al was not at fault tonight. 2 breakaway goals, getting screened on the others basically gave him no chance. Al played just fine tonight, he came up big when the game was tied and also made timely saves in OT. No issues with his performance tonight.

Ladd looked really dangerous in the 1st I thought. He had three or four quality shots.

Gnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

Buff's reaction in that celly was hilarious. No emotion whatsoever.

Old
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGivingEr View Post
This is definitely the official Jets Win gif.
Agreed.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:48 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
I am Catbug

Postma's Game outside his own blueline is amazing, Does a good job of taking what the D gives him.

Still needs improvement in his own end, but he has gotten better

Tom ServoMST3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:48 PM
Shakey Rustie
2L

vCash: 1077
Anyone else catch the TV feed with Buff signing along to the music with under 5min left in the 3rd?

Shakey Rustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:49 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
Ladd looked really dangerous in the 1st I thought. He had three or four quality shots.
Yeah I remember that too, I was writing a lot of this during their collapse in the 3rd so I was partly pissed.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote