The crystal meth use from NHL referees is absolutely out of control these days...only crystal meth would make you call 3 double minors, but completely ignore the fact that wayne simmons is 3rd man in. Absolutely deplorable referees.
Don't know how common the triple minor is, but I do not think I have ever seen that(to 1 player at 1 time)
I don't think I've ever seen 3 minors called on the same guy, particularly when there should have been a matching minor to Simmonds and an extra to Crombeen for holding/xference. No way should that have resulted in a 4min PP for the Flyers.
I avoided commenting/reading during the game; I said the same thing about the 3 minors, before reading your post... Apologies
Did Brewer just say, "time for a powerball ticket"...? Mr. Brewer, you have been great so far this season. Very impressed. Our D are scoring goals... Our D are playing great in our end.. Is this what the Mayans were referring to?
The one goal allowed was absolutely horrendous. But Lindback made up for it with about 4 very very nice saves throughout the rest of the game. Good game overall from him. Probably the best one hes had yet even with that terrible goal he let in.
Hedman is absolutely ridiculous. I mean he is playing on another planet right now. His decision making has gotten so much better and he seems be playing at a slower pace then everyone else and making the play he wants rather than the play he thinks hes being forced to make. You can also tell he is LOVING the offensive side he is being allowed to show right now. He led the rush a bunch of times tonight and was in the rush a few times as well including on a shorthanded situation lol. The guy is just amazing to watch right now.
Great game tonight. They actually played just about a full 60 minutes tonight. Looked very good.
Vintage Vinny is definitely back. He was awesome once again tonight.
If Lindback can get just a bit more solid, and we stay decently healthy, I gotta say this could be an interesting year.
I think this team is really good. If we stay healthy, especially along the blue line I like our chances.
I feel like with the way Aulie is playing, an injury to our top 4 won't hurt us all that much. It certainly wouldn't be ideal, but it won't kill our chances of winning games either.
- I think Brian Lee will get better as the season goes on. He just looks a bit rusty. A good example is his clearing attempt that resulted in the Flyer's goal. He had the right idea, but executed it poorly.
- Was Darren Puppa drunk during his interview? I kinda got that vibe. Don't really care either way though, he's awesome.
- Boucher has definitely made some good adjustments compared to last year. One of the things I've really noticed is how active our defensemen our in the offensive zone. They are all really doing a good job of getting pucks on net from the blue line.
- This was our first game with < 30 SOG, and also our first game outshooting our opponents (I think). TBH though I haven't been all too worried about that, it seems like our D is keeping most of the shots as low percentage chances (besides the breakaways they gave up during the Islanders game).
- IMO, Hedman has been our best player so far, followed closely by MSL.
Oh by the way. Did anyone else see the Flyers playing a 1-3-1 tonight? Cause I sure as hell did. Im tempted to stay up to watch the replay on Sun Sports just to capture the image of it and stir the pot on the main boards