HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mattias Tedenby

Old
01-27-2013, 09:16 PM
hlaverty06

vCash: 500
Mattias Tedenby

Just curious if anyone wants him?

Doesn't fit our system at all, a forechecking system and he is a small forward with a lot of speed and skill, he's just not for us

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:19 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
Just curious if anyone wants him?

Doesn't fit our system at all, a forechecking system and he is a small forward with a lot of speed and skill, he's just not for us
Too weak and small. He really was exposed in the Habs game tonight. He needs to play with giants to be effective. Stephen Gionta on the other hand plays like he's 10 feet tall. All heart and grit.

Can't see anyone really interested.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:21 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Too weak and small. He really was exposed in the Habs game tonight. He needs to play with giants to be effective. Stephen Gionta on the other hand plays like he's 10 feet tall. All heart and grit.

Can't see anyone really interested.
Tedenby has a lot more talent than Gionta, Gionta is all grit because he lacks the talent that Tedenby has.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:24 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
I'd offer a late round pick (6th round or so) from the Rangers to take a flyer on him, though I doubt he'd find much use here.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:25 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Tedenby has a lot more talent than Gionta, Gionta is all grit because he lacks the talent that Tedenby has.
When you are 5'9 you need much more than talent to make a place for yourself in the NHL. IMO Tedenby doesn't have the grit, drive or strength to make it.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:26 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
When you are 5'9 you need much more than talent to make a place for yourself in the NHL. IMO Tedenby doesn't have the grit, drive or strength to make it.
There is some undrafted dude whose 5'8" and plays for tampa

Teddy just lacks the IQ, its not that he doesn't try or have heart

Old
01-27-2013, 10:07 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
There is some undrafted dude whose 5'8" and plays for tampa.
There's a rugged 5'6 defenceman on the Habs who absolutely rocked Teddenby. What's your point?

Old
01-27-2013, 10:12 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
I still have some hope for him and would be interested in the Avs taking a flyer on him given our injury to Downie. What do you think the Devils would need?

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:18 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
There's a rugged 5'6 defenceman on the Habs who absolutely rocked Teddenby. What's your point?
No what's yours you said "need more than skill at 5'8""

And I told you someone whose pure skill

This isn't a "how did Tedenby play vs Montreal" so leave

And we only need a top 6 winger but obviously teddy won't net that but we could throw him into a package if need be

Old
01-27-2013, 10:21 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
No what's yours you said "need more than skill at 5'8""

And I told you someone whose pure skill

This isn't a "how did Tedenby play vs Montreal" so leave

And we only need a top 6 winger but obviously teddy won't net that but we could throw him into a package if need be
Marty St. Louis is more than pure skill. That's an insult if you consider him to not have grit/strength/drive... Teddenby is as soft as they come. No amount of skill will make up for that.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:33 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Marty St. Louis is more than pure skill. That's an insult if you consider him to not have grit/strength/drive... Teddenby is as soft as they come. No amount of skill will make up for that.
I've watched plenty of Tedenby in Albany. I'd be quiet unless you've watched him there. He throws hit and takes them to make plays, yes he isn't the strongest on the puck that's not that hard to tell. But until you've seen Tedenby play a full season which you have not, don't talk about things based off his game tonight

Old
01-27-2013, 10:39 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
I've watched plenty of Tedenby in Albany. I'd be quiet unless you've watched him there. He throws hit and takes them to make plays, yes he isn't the strongest on the puck that's not that hard to tell. But until you've seen Tedenby play a full season which you have not, don't talk about things based off his game tonight
You don't have to watch a full season of Tedenby to understand his flaws. I've seen enough of him to know that he's soft, weak and ineffective as a result thereof. Doesn't take a rocket surgeon to dissect his game.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:42 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
You don't have to watch a full season of Tedenby to understand his flaws. I've seen enough of him to know that he's soft, weak and ineffective as a result thereof. Doesn't take a rocket surgeon to dissect his game.
Apparently it does because you've watched him once. Countless times he's been crushed in order to keep a puck in or get it out of the zone. Basing your opinion off one game means Sam Gagner with 8 points is te next Gretzky , am I doing it right?

Old
01-27-2013, 10:45 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Sooooo... still curious what he'd cost the Avs??

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:47 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Apparently it does because you've watched him once. Countless times he's been crushed in order to keep a puck in or get it out of the zone. Basing your opinion off one game means Sam Gagner with 8 points is te next Gretzky , am I doing it right?
If you are referring to over-exaggerating and creating drama then yes, you are doing it right. If Tedenby is not producing offense (which he is not) then he is a liability. He's not good defensively and he hasn't done a thing offensively. In fact he reminds me of a poor man's Sam Gagner. At least Gagner produces points that merit 2nd line ability.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:48 PM
MrFunnyWobbl
Why?

vCash: 100
Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
If he is as ineffective as posters here are suggesting, why was he a 1st round pick?

MrFunnyWobbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:49 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
If you are referring to over-exaggerating and creating drama then yes, you are doing it right. If Tedenby is not producing offense (which he is not) then he is a liability. He's not good defensively and he hasn't done a thing offensively. In fact he reminds me of a poor man's Sam Gagner. At least Gagner produces points that merit 2nd line ability.
Gagner and Tedenby comparison, I needed a good laugh

Old
01-27-2013, 10:50 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Wouldn't really be opposed to anything picks/specs just no D coming our way

Old
01-27-2013, 10:51 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFunnyWobbl View Post
If he is as ineffective as posters here are suggesting, why was he a 1st round pick?
In the right system he will be, Teddy is just not an effective forechecker which is the whole devils system, look up videos on YouTube the talent is there

Old
01-27-2013, 10:52 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Absolutely false here.

Tedenby is by no means soft. He's not afraid to go into corners, take a hit, or give a hit. It's just that he lacks the strength to do so effectively. He tries to protect the puck with his body, but gets manhandled off of it. His strength is almost nonexistent but to say he doesn't have strength/grit/drive is completely wrong.

When it comes down to it, the Devils play a very board-heavy system. They like to play along the boards and beat you with their size and strength. Almost every Devils forward is strong on the boards and is great at winning puck battles. It's why Carter, Little Gio, and Bernier are successful here but weren't elsewhere, their size and strengths fit into the system.

Tedenby needs a system where it's not so much about playing on the boards. A more wide open system to tailor to his strengths. His offensive skills and skating are incredible, he's really nifty. If I'm trading Tedenby, I'd like another forward that fits more into the Devils style. A north-south two-way strong forward.

Something along the lines of a Glennie for Tedenby trade (although they are similar players in their weaknesses) but a forward that's struggling for a forward that's struggling like the Latendresse trade.

Zippy316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:53 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
We'd like forward prospects.

Preferably a bigger bodied guy that's strong along the board. Tedenby wouldn't warrant much in a trade other than something like a Latendresse for Pouliot swap kind of deal.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:56 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Absolutely false here.

Tedenby is by no means soft. He's not afraid to go into corners, take a hit, or give a hit. It's just that he lacks the strength to do so effectively. He tries to protect the puck with his body, but gets manhandled off of it. His strength is almost nonexistent but to say he doesn't have strength/grit/drive is completely wrong.

When it comes down to it, the Devils play a very board-heavy system. They like to play along the boards and beat you with their size and strength. Almost every Devils forward is strong on the boards and is great at winning puck battles. It's why Carter, Little Gio, and Bernier are successful here but weren't elsewhere, their size and strengths fit into the system.

Tedenby needs a system where it's not so much about playing on the boards. A more wide open system to tailor to his strengths. His offensive skills and skating are incredible, he's really nifty. If I'm trading Tedenby, I'd like another forward that fits more into the Devils style. A north-south two-way strong forward.

Something along the lines of a Glennie for Tedenby trade (although they are similar players in their weaknesses) but a forward that's struggling for a forward that's struggling like the Latendresse trade.

What's false? Martin St.Louis is not just talented, he's gritty, strong and is powerful with a low center of gravity. He is everything that Tedenby is not. St Louis wins battles while Tedenby is just awful in a battle or on the boards. He is the antithesis of NJ Devils hockey.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:58 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFunnyWobbl View Post
Because he had nice moves and scouts thought he would up his game. Same reason a lot of first round picks that don't turn out all that well become first round picks. Scouts thought there was more upside than there ended up being. I don't think he was a terrible first round pick at the time. A lot of Rangers fans were pissed when we took MDZ over him, for example. He just never really got any better after his draft year.

**** happens.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Zippy316

Quote:
What's false? Martin St.Louis is not just talented, he's gritty, strong and is powerful with a low center of gravity. He is everything that Tedenby is not. St Louis wins battles while Tedenby is just awful in a battle or on the boards. He is the antithesis of NJ Devils hockey.
I'm not arguing with you there. But just because he doesn't win battles or have a low center of gravity, doesn't mean that he doesn't have drive or grit. That's what I was disproving. I agree with you though, and that's why the Devils need to ship him out to a team that he would fit better on, in exchange for one that will fit better in their system.

Like for example, if the Devils traded Tedenby for Nick Palmieri.

There's a good chance the Devils package him with one of their extra D to fetch a bigger fish. Like if they do a Tedenby and Tallinder for Setoguchi package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Because he had nice moves and scouts thought he would up his game. Same reason a lot of first round picks that don't turn out all that well become first round picks. Scouts thought there was more upside than there ended up being. I don't think he was a terrible first round pick at the time. A lot of Rangers fans were pissed when we took MDZ over him, for example. He just never really got any better after his draft year.

**** happens.
The one thing he just never got was the strength and his hockey IQ. If he developed just one or the other, he would be a very good player. Lacking both with his size and not producing is a recipe for disaster.

Old
hlaverty06

Quote:
Exactly! He doesn't fit our system.

Look up all Tedenbys goals as a NJD none of them are scrambles near the net or dirty goals, they're all open space