HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Marcus Johansson

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-27-2013, 05:42 PM
  #1
fedfed
Moderator
@FedFedRMNB
 
fedfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow City
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,592
vCash: 500
Marcus Johansson

Would like to hear what you'd give for young, speedy, heady forward that struggles to find a consistent spot on the Caps top-6 and bounce all over those top lines. The deal most likely would happen at the draft, but if Ribeiro keeps his chemistry with Chimmer and Ward or Laich fits right in for one of those two, it could happen as soon as deadline.
Needs:
1. Affordable second pairing shutdown LD, not old and not a rental.
2. Second-line scoring winger, not old and not a rental.
Or: Rental forward and a non-rental D, perfect situation (if the deal happens on the deadline day).
Additional minor piece (not one of our top prospects or 1st rounder) could be added if you feel the need to even things out. Could be on of our bottom pairing d-men (Schultz, Hamrlik, Poti, Erskine, Schultz)

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:59 PM
  #2
kongt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
In b4 people say Luongo

but

how about Ballard + 1 tweener from nucks just sayin.

kongt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:04 PM
  #3
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,883
vCash: 500
Wonder if Colorado would be interested in Johansson + Schilling + 2 2nd rounders for O'Reilly or something like that.

If not, I'd rather play him at center on the 3rd line and wait for his value to claw back up. He can be a capable player, just not a good fit for the caps in particular.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:04 PM
  #4
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,387
vCash: 567
Ryane Clowe+. Or maybe Justin Braun+. Either way, I'd be interested.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:08 PM
  #5
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,883
vCash: 500
Clowe is a UFA (that I'd love to sign but wouldn't want to give up stuff for beforehand) and Braun is a RD who isn't an upgrade over our 3 RD.

Vlasic and Pavelski are two players of interest who aren't untouchable. Don't know if a deal around any of them is feasible. Probably not.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:15 PM
  #6
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,387
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Clowe is a UFA (that I'd love to sign but wouldn't want to give up stuff for beforehand) and Braun is a RD who isn't an upgrade over our 3 RD.

Vlasic and Pavelski are two players of interest who aren't untouchable. Don't know if a deal around any of them is feasible. Probably not.
Braun can play LD just as well, FYI. Understandable about Clowe.

As for Vlasic and Pavelski, what on earth makes them not untouchable? We value Vlasic like you value Alzner. And nobody can say enough about Joe Pavelski.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:15 PM
  #7
fedfed
Moderator
@FedFedRMNB
 
fedfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow City
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Wonder if Colorado would be interested in Johansson + Schilling + 2 2nd rounders for O'Reilly or something like that.

If not, I'd rather play him at center on the 3rd line and wait for his value to claw back up. He can be a capable player, just not a good fit for the caps in particular.
I don't think his value is down as much as we think it is because of four bad games to start the season.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:17 PM
  #8
fedfed
Moderator
@FedFedRMNB
 
fedfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow City
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kongt View Post
In b4 people say Luongo

but

how about Ballard + 1 tweener from nucks just sayin.
By affordable I meant much cheaper than 4.2.


Rostislav Klesla + Steve Sullivan?
Andrej Sekera + Jochen Hecht?
Johnny Oduya + Viktor Stalberg?

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:23 PM
  #9
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Braun can play LD just as well, FYI. Understandable about Clowe.

As for Vlasic and Pavelski, what on earth makes them not untouchable? We value Vlasic like you value Alzner. And nobody can say enough about Joe Pavelski.
I meant not in the sense Couture, Thornton or Burns are. Though we don't have any interest in Burns.

I guess Vlasic is yeah, I thought Pavelski was potentially open since he's been pretty much playing wing now and sharks could use more speed. No idea what we could offer for him that wouldn't sap our team.

We wouldn't do it if we were trying to compete, and not sure if we'd do it if we were trying to retool (though probably), but would Sharks do something like Chimera, Johansson and Brouwer for Pavelski? That's a lot of solid depth and a lot of speed.


Last edited by Halpysback: 01-27-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:19 PM
  #10
Mystlyfe
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
By affordable I meant much cheaper than 4.2.


Rostislav Klesla + Steve Sullivan?
Andrej Sekera + Jochen Hecht?
Johnny Oduya + Viktor Stalberg?
Klesla plays mostly the right side, unfortunately. Supposedly he can also line up on the left, but it's not where he's been used in Phoenix.

Buffalo values Sekera highly and Johansson isn't the type of center they're currently clamoring for. They'd likely be more interested in Laich and Johansson.

Would much rather target Hjalmarsson than Oduya.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:32 PM
  #11
capitalsrock
Registered User
 
capitalsrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Klesla plays mostly the right side, unfortunately. Supposedly he can also line up on the left, but it's not where he's been used in Phoenix.

Buffalo values Sekera highly and Johansson isn't the type of center they're currently clamoring for. They'd likely be more interested in Laich and Johansson.

Would much rather target Hjalmarsson than Oduya.
Hjalmarsson+Stalberg for Johansson

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:21 PM
  #12
silentprotector
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 71
vCash: 500
gunnarson plus maccaurthur of johansson and a 3rd

silentprotector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:53 PM
  #13
Missionhockey
Registered User
 
Missionhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,927
vCash: 500
Mark Fayne?

Although I would be a little hesitant. He might be the Devils second best defenseman and he's on a pretty good contract.

Missionhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:54 PM
  #14
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missionhockey View Post
Mark Fayne?

Although I would be a little hesitant. He might be the Devils second best defenseman and he's on a pretty good contract.
No real interest in RDs. Now maybe something around Perreault and Volchenkov

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:55 PM
  #15
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentprotector View Post
gunnarson plus maccaurthur of johansson and a 3rd
What would the cost be to switch MacArthur to Kulemin.

Johansson, Galiev, 2nd for Gunnarsson, Kulemin? Could even throw in Schultz if you need someone to attempt to play D.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:59 PM
  #16
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Stempniak + Butler?

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:06 AM
  #17
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Stempniak + Butler?
Not really sold on either. What about Glencross or Johannson+ for Giordano?

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:09 AM
  #18
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Not really sold on either. What about Glencross or Johannson+ for Giordano?
Don't really need Johannson just love the way he plays Glencross isn't going any where with his contract he is one of the better deals in the nhl and Gio is a real solid #2 on a team that only has 3 defensive defensemen out of 7. I was more or less offering a tweener 3rd/2nd line and a tweener #4/#5 defensemen to try and met the demands. I would add in Comeau but it would really look like our spare parts

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:17 AM
  #19
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Don't really need Johannson just love the way he plays Glencross isn't going any where with his contract he is one of the better deals in the nhl and Gio is a real solid #2 on a team that only has 3 defensive defensemen out of 7. I was more or less offering a tweener 3rd/2nd line and a tweener #4/#5 defensemen to try and met the demands. I would add in Comeau but it would really look like our spare parts
As much as we crap on Johansson now he wouldn't go for spare parts. Would have to be permanent answer to one of our numerous holes, or equally promising prospect. I doubt you'd want to deal Baertschi for him so that's off.

As far as smaller deals, Comeau for Perreault maybe?

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:50 AM
  #20
fedfed
Moderator
@FedFedRMNB
 
fedfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow City
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Hjalmarsson+Stalberg for Johansson
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentprotector View Post
gunnarson plus maccaurthur of johansson and a 3rd
I'd do either of these two. Fair deals.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:32 AM
  #21
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Sergei Shirokov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
By affordable I meant much cheaper than 4.2.
To be fair, Ballard has been playing great for us (Probably our best defensmen) and would bring alot more than just a solid defensive game.

Aside from that though, there have been some interesting offers floated around here, personally I love Johansson, I just don't see what we could give up.

I think something around Chris Tanev for Mojo would be interesting as they are both good young players, but Tanev is RH which might not suit you, and I'm not sure I would like to give him up atm as he would create a bigger hole in our lineup than Johansson would fill.

An interesting idea though.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:39 AM
  #22
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 21,837
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
I'd do either of these two. Fair deals.
Fair? Hardly.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:11 AM
  #23
johnny_rudeboy
Registered User
 
johnny_rudeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Karlstad
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,004
vCash: 500
Johansson + Forsberg + 1st

for

Kessel + Gunnarsson

Caps can either power up with Ovi and Kessel on Backstroms wings or they most likely seperate them and have a elite goal threat on the first 2 lines. Gunnarsson is a solid 2-way d-man who is cheap.

Leafs get rid of one of Burkes mistakes and get 2 young promising players who would fit a rebuilding team like the Leafs. And an added first seeing as Leafs is by far giving up the best player in the deal.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:19 AM
  #24
Mystlyfe
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
Johansson + Forsberg + 1st

for

Kessel + Gunnarsson

Caps can either power up with Ovi and Kessel on Backstroms wings or they most likely seperate them and have a elite goal threat on the first 2 lines. Gunnarsson is a solid 2-way d-man who is cheap.

Leafs get rid of one of Burkes mistakes and get 2 young promising players who would fit a rebuilding team like the Leafs. And an added first seeing as Leafs is by far giving up the best player in the deal.
Caps take this and run as fast as they can.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:38 AM
  #25
johnny_rudeboy
Registered User
 
johnny_rudeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Karlstad
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Caps take this and run as fast as they can.
Great, then that´s a deal.

I have watched Johansson for many years and imo he have Zetterberg talent/potential. Forsberg will probably never be as good of a sniper as Kessel but from what I can see he is rather physical and can develop in to a 2-way first line winger with good goal scoring potential. But for a rebuilding team they will both be enjoyable to watch as they progress and they have the right character imo.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.