HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Philly in need of blue line help

Old
01-27-2013, 03:19 PM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darmitage View Post
does anyone know if Scott Laughton is staying up with Philly or being sent back to the Oshawa Generals they have to decide today his 5 or 6 game deadline is up today! man he is just a kid he should be back in junior developing they are going to destroy him, thats what the American Hockey League is for!
no official word but he's most likely staying cause he's performed very well. they've used him a little on the pk and sent him out to take numerous defensive zone draws against the rangers with a one goal lead, in other words they trust him. and lets keep in mind the flyers organization is one of the best when it comes to drafting forwards in the first round (low first round) and developing those forwards. couturier was also fine last year, granted couturier is a better player but he was handled very well by the coaching staff. laughton will be fine playing 12 min a night in the NHL.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 03:20 PM
TNT8592

braun/demers+ 2nd for simmonds?

TNT8592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 03:24 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT8592 View Post
braun/demers+ 2nd for simmonds?
no thanks. not interested in picks or more mid-tier D-men. especially not at the cost of Simmonds when we are in a win now mode.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 03:25 PM
SheasRebellion6

Nevermind

Last edited by SheasRebellion6: 01-27-2013 at 10:17 PM.
SheasRebellion6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 03:27 PM
crack2464

Pretty sure the Oilers would part with Ryan Whitney for the right price. A 1st round pick would get the deal done

crack2464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:32 PM
FanHabtic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by crack2464 View Post
Pretty sure the Oilers would part with Ryan Whitney for the right price. A 1st round pick would get the deal done
Hahaha! Please, Whitney has close to negative value. He's slow and oft injured and terrible defensively. Not the same player.

FanHabtic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:48 PM
Primary Assist*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
Absolutely not.

Philly doesn't need blue line help as much as people outside Philly seem to think.
Surely you jest. Their entire defense corp consists entirely of third pairing guys and an ancient Kimmo Timonen. No wonder it's been 38 years since their last Stanley Cup.

Primary Assist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:58 PM
GoneFullHextall
rustling jimmies

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
I think you are one of the few Flyer fans who would consider trading "golden boy".

To me its a no-brainer. Looking at the upcoming UFA market and the available talent for top-end d-men it is clear that they are a premium. Finding a young top-pairing dman that is available is near impossible. (and let's leave Subban out of this conversation! lol)
despite what people think, the Flyers and Habs DO NOT make good trading partners in regards to Subban. For various reasons.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:18 PM
Devonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Assist View Post
Surely you jest. Their entire defense corp consists entirely of third pairing guys and an ancient Kimmo Timonen. No wonder it's been 38 years since their last Stanley Cup.
Just wondering but are you trolling? Coburn, Schenn, Grossman and Mez when all healthly are a solid top four...may by not a top 5 in the league but certainly around a top 10...you obviously know nothing about the Flyers defense.....however we could use a solid offensive defencemen.....

Devonator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:27 PM
Primary Assist*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonator View Post
Just wondering but are you trolling? Coburn, Schenn, Grossman and Mez when all healthly are a solid top four...may by not a top 5 in the league but certainly around a top 10...you obviously know nothing about the Flyers defense.....however we could use a solid offensive defencemen.....

Gee, ya think?

Primary Assist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:53 PM
FanHabtic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
despite what people think, the Flyers and Habs DO NOT make good trading partners in regards to Subban. For various reasons.
Reason #1: Subban is not available for trade (as per Marc Bergevin's recent comments).

Reason #2: The Flyers farm is depleted of bluechip (or high-end) talent

Reason #3: The Habs would likely avoid trading a key player like Subban within the conference.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:36 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
No chance.

For Rundblad: You MIGHT be able to work something around B. Schenn with the Coyotes adding something minor.

For Yandle: Something around B. Schenn with the Flyers adding something minor

For OEL: Both Schenn brothers or Couturier + something else of significance
For OEL; unless both B. Schenn AND Couturier are coming over, then I don't think the Yotes would have any interest at all.

For Rundblad, actually what you proposed is somewhat reasonable. I guess that depends on what the + would be. Would something like Summers or Schlemko be of interest, either one along with Rundblad could really solidify your D-corps for the next few years.

For Yandle, I'm certain that Coyotes would want a bit more. So I guess that would also depend on what the + from the Flyers would be, any concrete suggestion that you can afford to give up that won't affect your chances this season? The propsects ranks of Flyers are a bit thin, so I assume that would also have to be a young roster player....

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:31 PM
GoneFullHextall
rustling jimmies

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Reason #1: Subban is not available for trade (as per Marc Bergevin's recent comments).

Reason #2: The Flyers farm is depleted of bluechip (or high-end) talent

Reason #3: The Habs would likely avoid trading a key player like Subban within the conference.
Reason #1 The Flyers are near the cap limit, they cant take on any salary. Especially one that will require a 5 million dollar salary

Reason #2 If the Flyers werent going to trade Couturier in the Weber rumors there was little chance if any the Habs were going to get what they wanted. High end center prospects

Reason #3 I agree with you. Stop being cheap. Stop lowballing him and pay the man if hes as good as Habs fans claim.

Reason #4 I dont think the Flyers can trade any more forwards without getting one in return. Not sure why people still seem to think they can.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:35 PM
FanHabtic*

Quote:
Reason #1 The Flyers are near the cap limit, they cant take on any salary. Especially one that will require a 5 million dollar salary

Reason #2 If the Flyers werent going to trade Couturier in the Weber rumors there was little chance if any the Habs were going to get what they wanted. High end center prospects

reason #3 I agree with you. Stop being cheap. Stop lowballing him and pay the man if hes as good as Habs fans claim.
That's total BS. Homer would have traded Couts in a heartbeat if it meant getting Weber in the deal. And if you actually looked at the Habs team needs they certainly do not need another centerman. They are stocked at center including a high-end prospect in Galchenyuk. What the Habs need is Subban period.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:37 PM
FanHabtic*

Quote:

Reason #3 I agree with you. Stop being cheap. Stop lowballing him and pay the man if hes as good as Habs fans claim.

Reason #4 I dont think the Flyers can trade any more forwards without getting one in return. Not sure why people still seem to think they can.
Bottom line, the Flyers can't afford a #1 dman. They will have to draft one and develop him the way all other teams do.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:42 PM
marty111

D Cody Franson

2nd Round Pick
4th Round Pick

D Jake Gardiner

F Sean Couturier

Last edited by marty111: 01-27-2013 at 10:00 PM.
marty111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:32 PM
MsMeow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
How this silly fallacy continues to get perpetuated is beyond me. The supposed trade (not even fact... rumor) was Schenn + Couturier ++. Secondly, this was after the ridiculous offer sheet was extended. The Flyers rightfully believed that it increased their leverage to have that offer sheet as the alternative to making a reasonable trade.

The Flyers would trade a Couturier (and add some +) to that for a Weber, Pietrangelo, Doughty, etc. Those players simply are not available.

Continuing to insist that Couturier is untouchable makes Flyer fans look stupid. That said, trading him for another #3/4 defender does nothing at all to improve the team either. We're swimming in those kinds of guys and need some semblance of a number 1 to slot everyone out better.
Thank you for saying this! There was never any proof that the Preds insisted on BSchenn and Couturier, it was all speculation that was repeated often enough to be accepted as fact. They gambled with the offer sheet and lost.

We need more than 1 dman at this point, all our dmen are either weak or in their declining years with the exception of Coburn. Hamilton probably should have been drafted instead of Couturier but he wouldn't be a difference maker right now.

MsMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:20 PM
jayhamm

To PHI:
D Bobby Sanguinetti

To CAR:
F Jason Akeson

Last edited by jayhamm: 01-28-2013 at 05:47 PM.
jayhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:28 PM
Schenn Bros Pizza*

I'd do Couturier for OEL, but thats just me. I doubt most Flyers fans would.

Schenn Bros Pizza* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:29 PM
FanHabtic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangiroux View Post
The Phoenix Coyotes would laugh hard. It would take a lot more than Couturier to net OEL.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:33 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Try Couturier + B. Schenn; anything less would get you a click on the other end of the phone line.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:38 PM
Schenn Bros Pizza*

Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
Try Couturier + B. Schenn; anything less would get you a click on the other end of the phone line.
rofl. you guys are nuts.

Schenn Bros Pizza* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:40 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
rofl. you guys are nuts.
youre nuts if you think couturier nets you OEL

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:56 PM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by crack2464 View Post
Oh brother, here come the Oilers fans and the mega over-evaluation of their players again..

Pax Macioretty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 11:59 PM
danyhabsfan

diaz (all star defenseman) 3rd for Read (3rd liner)

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote