HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 10.0 - NHL'er! Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2013, 11:28 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

vCash: 500
Oh he is staying for sure.. he keeps 9n getting better and better and its obvious both bergy and therrien have huge man crush for him... the way they talk about his work ethic and talent and malkin and crosby... they want him to learn and he is doing that like a champ. A real sponge out there sky is the limit.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:46 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
What are the odds that this coaching staff/management send Gally to Sarnia? My gut feeling is 0.0%. They just seem way too much into him.
if JM was here yes....he be gone back..lol

MT he's a different guy like that, he doesn't mind 18 yr old in the line up , look at him with Staal.....so he confident in grooming them along....

AG27 is goona stay no question,just look at how he is out there , more confident game after game..and putting up points to boot with fairly low ice time.....he is helping us win, which means tons

the Gally twins,just image them 2 years from now...goona be bigtime force the pair of them.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:48 AM
Habskrieg

With Patches out for a while. There's no doubt in my mind Galchenuke and Gallagher are staying, unless we make a trade to fill in gaps.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:51 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
With Patches out for a while. There's no doubt in my mind Galchenuke and Gallagher are staying, unless we make a trade to fill in gaps.
even if Pacman wasnt hurt,,,he still be staying ....

I said right after draft ,he will be in a Montreal jersey this season.....most disagreed.

I said if Yak was good enough to play for Oilers this year, Gally was good enough to play for Habs this year....

As i said before,Gally imho,is goona be our Malkin ....just wait till he packs on another 25-30 pounds.

We picked 3rd,but i feel we got the first overall pick..

Old
01-28-2013, 12:58 AM
JustAHabFan

Galchenyuk is getting better each game. Is it my imagination or what?

Old
01-28-2013, 12:59 AM
Habskrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post

I said right after draft ,he will be in a Montreal jersey this season.....most disagreed.

I said if Yak was good enough to play for Oilers this year, Gally was good enough to play for Habs this year....

As i said before,Gally imho,is goona be our Malkin ....just wait till he packs on another 25-30 pounds.

Yea. What I meant is that with Patches out, it's guaranteed he's staying. I thought that he would have stayed. But I just mean that the current situation pretty much seals the deal.

So far, I'm very content with GalcheNuke. I don't know how he'll fair further along this season. And how he'll be compared to Yakupov. But so far, they're very comparable (performance wise), and I may dare say that GalchNuke is slightly ahead (probably biased). But I'll reserve a better judgement after the season.

Last edited by Habskrieg: 01-28-2013 at 01:05 AM.
Old
01-28-2013, 01:00 AM
Teufelsdreck

The Habs may be moving up the ladder faster than some of us think and reinforcements may arrive in a year or two. Galchenyuk will stick and Gallagher seems promising. It might be a good idea to trade Cole before he decides to pull a Thomas. That would enable Bergevin to offer more to Subban. Add Subban, subtract Cole, sign a younger UFA (AKost, for instance) for a year or two if there's a lag before Collberg is ready. In short, trading Markov or Plekanec would be a bad idea because it would impede the Habs' progress. The only players who look out of place are Kaberle and Weber. The Habs already look too good to descend to #28-30 this time. The net effect of Gauthier's so=called mismanagement might be beneficial after all. Those three second rounders may be just what the doctor ordered.

I don't mind if fans think this is too eccentric. I haven't seen a more sensible plan. The tankards don't seem to know how to tank intelligently because they don't really know the Habs' strengths and weaknesses.

Last edited by Teufelsdreck: 01-28-2013 at 01:23 AM.
Old
01-28-2013, 01:02 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:

I have seen a couple of games from Yakupov. Different style of playing compared to Galchenyuk. But Galchenyuk is going to be a more complete player. We may get the best player in last year draft.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:04 AM
Habskrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Galchenyuk is getting better each game. Is it my imagination or what?
For the rare times that I watch l'antichambre. They made an interesting point on GalcheNuke's progress. That some new players were put with top, established players. In consequence, they'd feel pressure to live up to the expectations, all the while trying to adapt for the more seasoned players. But once those same newbies were put on other lines, sometimes other newbies. They'd feel more comfortable, less under pressure and play their style. And that it would allow them to develop into way better players.

I think this is the same situation with GalcheNuke so far. When he played with Pleks and Gio, he didn't suck, but was so so. Doing some right things, showing some potential. But overall, didn't give much reason to keep him past 5 games. Once MT put him with Gallagher and Prust, his play style changed. Seemed more relaxed and playing to his pace.

I'm sure that once he gets the hang of it and feels more comfortable, he could play on a top 2 line ass a winger. But so far, why would you do that? He's doing very fine as it is.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:04 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
So far, I'm very content with GalcheNuke. I don't know how he'll fair further along this season. And how he'll be compared to Yakupov. But so far, they're very comparable, and I may dare say that GalchNuke is slightly ahead (probably biased). But I'll reserve a better judgement after the season.
I come to the same conclusion as you. Galchenyuk, IMHO, is a more complete player than Yakupov.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:20 AM
ChoseLa

I prefer Galchenyuk, but i'm pretty sure Yapukov will put up more points, at least this season.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:21 AM
NotProkofievian

Yakupov's been playing really well lately. I'd say, for now, he's ahead of Galchenyuk. However, I'm very pleased with how Galchenyuk's adapted thusfar. I think it's going to be close between these two over their careers.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:22 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I prefer Galchenyuk, but i'm pretty sure Yapukov will put up more points, at least this season.
Yakupov may put up more goals, but Galchenyuk may end up with more points.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:28 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Yakupov's been playing really well lately. I'd say, for now, he's ahead of Galchenyuk. However, I'm very pleased with how Galchenyuk's adapted thusfar. I think it's going to be close between these two over their careers.

Yaku got 22 games in KHL to get used to playing vs men...Gally didn't get that luxury...You can see Gally's confidence really growing , look at tonight,controlling the puck .I've watched every game so far,and every game he has got better.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:29 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Taking into account the amount of time he lost last year, it's incredible that he's playing so well at this level.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:30 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Yaku got 22 games in KHL to get used to playing vs men...Gally didn't get that luxury...You can see Gally's confidence really growing , look at tonight,controlling the puck .AIA've eatched every game so far,and every game he has got better.
I agree, he's come a decent ways since his first game. He's doing a lot of great things now. Especially his work around the net.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:41 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Taking into account the amount of time he lost last year, it's incredible that he's playing so well at this level.
Excuse me, but I'm in character, sir. Now if you don't mind I'll continue playing my "trying way too hard to be objective habs fan" role.

...oh who am I kidding. THIS KID IS ****ING AMAZING!!!!!!

Old
01-28-2013, 01:50 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

He's on schedule to be a very good player, probably a second tier star type like Toews. A two way PPG 1st line center with size would be awesome.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:20 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle7902433/

Quote:
On Prust’s goal, Galchenyuk worked the puck deep before retreating to the blueline to bat down a clearing attempt, then served a pass to Prust that the rough-hewn winger was able to golf out of the air past Brodeur.

“He’s really skilled for a kid his age ... you don’t see very many 18-year-olds who have the patience to do that,” said Brodeur, one of several NHLers who is old enough to be Galchenyuk’s dad (Brodeur’s oldest, Anthony, is 17).

Old
01-28-2013, 02:25 AM
BobbyFischer*

Instead of Chuckie as a nickname.. how about.. the Russian Leonardo DiCaprio?

=]

Old
01-28-2013, 04:21 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

I'm surprised Grigorenko hasn't put up any points. I actually envisioned him outplaying Galchenyuk right off the hop. Has anyone seen him play?

Galch is 5th in rookie scoring and everyone else is older than him.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:30 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
If he's going to keep playing 2-4 minutes a period in games where we are ahead comfortably (which is the case tonight and on Tuesday), I don't know how we can keep him up. It's just not enough TOI.

Especially when you have a solid option in Eller for that #3 C slot.

Sort of hoping Desharnais gets the flu or something on Sunday so we can see Galchenyuk at C with legit top 6 wingers.
Quoted for hilarious irony!

Old
01-28-2013, 04:32 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
I'm surprised Grigorenko hasn't put up any points. I actually envisioned him outplaying Galchenyuk right off the hop. Has anyone seen him play?

Galch is 5th in rookie scoring and everyone else is older than him.
According to Sabres fans, they'll be surprised if he doesn't go back down.

He has shown flashes of skill but Ruff doesn't have confidence in him playing in the top six so he's been playing fourth line minutes or being pasted to the bench.

Basically, you know how Therrien said that Galchenyuk will be sent down if he isn't keeping a spot in the top 9 and playing more than 12 minutes? That's Grig's situation. That said, Darcy might still keep him up and force Ruff to play him.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:39 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
As far as I see it, Galchenyuk will get as good as his skating gets. All the skills, creativity, brains are there as well as the size (he could approach 230 when he's done). His skating isn't bad at all but he can definitely get more explosive. If he can dramatically improve that then who knows how high his ceiling is.
I certainly saw explosiveness last night, quite a few times, including on both the plays that he assisted on.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:41 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Yakupov actually had substantially better stats than Galchenyuk in 2010-2011 when they were 16, I don't know why it's assumed Galchenyuk would have been a clear cut #1. Also, Ryan Murray is a very respectable draft choice.

I like Galchenyuk, but let's not be carried away. At best, we can say the top-3 was very close.
I said virtually, and we can agree that the top-3 were very close. Which is my point. We are talking about a guy that in a given year could have been a first overall draft pick, he is that good.

Also, his overall game versus Yakupov is better, compensates for pure stats.

Closed Thread