All Purpose Trades/UFA/Roster Discussion Thread (Happy DVM?) Part III

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 01:07 AM
AngelDuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
It remains to be seen just why the team recalled these guys now but it's far from obvious to most people. When Etem makes the NHL it won't be because of his PK ability it will be for his offense. Sure he could get used on the PK here but where else do you play him? He started off the year very slow in Norfolk. From most accounts he is perhaps picking up his game now. But that's not the same as saying he's tearing up the league and the Ducks need to do something with him. He has in no way proved he is ready for the call up. If the Ducks only purpose for recalling Etem is to use him on the PK and a few bottom six shifts then I don't believe it is in his best interest to be up here.

Sami is very much like Etem. He is developing in Norfolk but he is far from beating down the door of the NHL and demanding the Ducks call him up. The 3 worst D men now are Allen, Souray, and Sbisa. As I previously pointed out, on size alone Sami isn't replacing the two new big guys because size and strength are not his game. And while Sbisa has been disappointing (with some improvement last game) he is still a far more proven product than a guy who is just getting his feet wet in the A.

So feel free to disagree but considering there are no announced injuries it just isn't so obvious why this move was made. And that's what a lot of people are saying.
Good post. I agree 100%

Old
01-28-2013, 01:12 AM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Depends on whether it works similarly as it did in the NBA.
You got me there. I don't know about the NBA cap. But wouldn't the internal cap be strictly up to Henry?

Old
01-28-2013, 01:12 AM
muckbin15
parros16

norfolk doesnt play till friday the 1st so this move is starting to make a little more sense to me. Having vatanen practice with the big boys will only help him get better. Plus he can watch a couple of games live and have some of the vets showing him their routines. I would take a wild guess that vatenen will be back in the A for the weekend. Not sure if he will play or not but i would assume he won't

Old
01-28-2013, 01:15 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
It remains to be seen just why the team recalled these guys now but it's far from obvious to most people. When Etem makes the NHL it won't be because of his PK ability it will be for his offense. Sure he could get used on the PK here but where else do you play him? He started off the year very slow in Norfolk. From most accounts he is perhaps picking up his game now. But that's not the same as saying he's tearing up the league and the Ducks need to do something with him. He has in no way proved he is ready for the call up. If the Ducks only purpose for recalling Etem is to use him on the PK and a few bottom six shifts then I don't believe it is in his best interest to be up here.

Sami is very much like Etem. He is developing in Norfolk but he is far from beating down the door of the NHL and demanding the Ducks call him up. The 3 worst D men now are Allen, Souray, and Sbisa. As I previously pointed out, on size alone Sami isn't replacing the two new big guys because size and strength are not his game. And while Sbisa has been disappointing (with some improvement last game) he is still a far more proven product than a guy who is just getting his feet wet in the A.

So feel free to disagree but considering there are no announced injuries it just isn't so obvious why this move was made. And that's what a lot of people are saying.
But it could be in the teams best interests, if he can help a bad penalty kill, and possibly chip in some goals in the bottom 6, if indeed he is put there

Old
01-28-2013, 01:27 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
But it could be in the teams best interests, if he can help a bad penalty kill, and possibly chip in some goals in the bottom 6, if indeed he is put there
Etem will be at best 6th on the PKing forward depth chart, do you really expect him to make much of a difference?

Old
01-28-2013, 01:32 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Etem will be at best 6th on the PKing forward depth chart, do you really expect him to make much of a difference?
I don't know, we don't even know what they're going to do with him

Old
01-28-2013, 08:24 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Hit post cap. Closed.

Closed Thread